Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. Gameplay
      2. Missions
      3. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Arena War
      2. After Hours
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA Next

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus or tools. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
F.N.C.

Basic Question

Recommended Posts

F.N.C.

A while back I was caught modding on GTA Online, yes I know filthy hacker I get it. If I purchase a new copy of the game and register a new social club account for it, will I still be banned due to my IP? I plan on taking the game seriously this time because I actually want to play with my friends. Some actual help would be nice...

Also, for those who are here to scream at me for modding in the past, don't trust me when I say I've given up on modding entirely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Onishiro

Hopefully you still are banned. Good riddance. 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
F.N.C.

I don't know if you only read the first sentence, or if you just don't care. I've given up on modding entirely and I want to start fresh.

I don't know what I expected from these forums in the first place, whatever

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mach1bud
11 minutes ago, F.N.C. said:

I don't know if you only read the first sentence, or if you just don't care. I've given up on modding entirely and I want to start fresh.

 

21 minutes ago, F.N.C. said:

don't trust me when I say I've given up on modding entirely.

 

You literally said to not trust you when you say you have given up modding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
F.N.C.

Oh, my bad I'm very tired, must've mistyped. The point is I genuinely DON'T want to continue modding, as much as you wouldn't believe it. I got bored with the game once everything was within a button's reach. Not to mention, I'm the only person among my friends who can't play the game's online mode, I'm tired of hearing my friends laughing in discord calls over something I can't be a part of because of my own idiotic decisions. All I really want now is to start over, like when I first started. spawning over and over from my friends and I running each other over with stolen cars and not even knowing about the phone menu. I wan't to experience the GTA I first played, not the GTA I cheated into.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
F.N.C.

if someone would kindly answer the question I first asked, that would be appreciated to the highest degree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CrysisAverted

theres a special place on the short bus in hell for people like you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
F.N.C.

Once again, I don't want to mod anymore. I've learned my lesson from being banned, can I please get an answer to the question I originally asked?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LeakyLine

Modders suck ass I'm glad you're banned

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DPRK

if you were never caught modding would you still be doing it today?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gaffa
20 minutes ago, F.N.C. said:

Once again, I don't want to mod anymore. I've learned my lesson from being banned, can I please get an answer to the question I originally asked?

 

1 hour ago, F.N.C. said:

If I purchase a new copy of the game and register a new social club account for it, will I still be banned due to my IP?

No, if the original account is permanently banned, you can just re-purchase the game and as you say, create another Social Club account and start over again. Good luck, and play nice this time ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
F.N.C.
2 minutes ago, DPRK said:

if you were never caught modding would you still be doing it today?

I don't know, probably not

1 minute ago, Gaffa said:

 

No, if the original account is permanently banned, you can just re-purchase the game and as you say, create another Social Club account and start over again. Good luck, and play nice this time ;) 

THANK YOU, you are one of the only people who gave a genuine response, this forum needs more people like you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SlammerRPM

Everyone deserves a second chance. Unless they demonstrate that they can't be trusted.

That being said. I work in IT and I don't think that R* keeps track of users' IP addresses regarding to bans.

In case they do it's easy to change your IP address. While it's true that ISPs issue IP addresses dynamically. If your router is always on then it will always renew it's lease for the same address automatically. I've had the same address for quite a while. It's easy to change it. Just call your ISP and tell them you need to change your address for whatever reason. A good reason is that a modder/hacker has been DOS attacking your Internet and has screwed it up. That's what modders do when they say they are knocking someone's Internet offilne for a time. By the way that's both a state and Federal felony in the US. 

What I do is have my ISP's number on my phone and my IP address on a Post-it so if some moron DOSes me and can change my IP in a couple of minutes. The ISP will reserve out my old IP and then I either reboot my router or log into it and do a manual IP release/renew (usually a button to click) and get a new IP address. If I'm feeling particularly irritated I will forward the modder's info to law enforcement and do a report. I took a security class with him. If the modder is a teenager then his parents will get a huge fine. Which doubles if he's part of a modder crew.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gridl0k

10 GOTO BADSPORT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Big Molio

AND SO PASSETH THE JUDGMENT

 

Grumpy-judge-359360.jpg

GUILTY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gridl0k
Posted (edited)

btw the answer you should assume from all of these non-answers isn't entirely "f*ck off", but that not many here will know. And those who do probably also know that discussing ban evasion is likely against forum TOS.

 

Edited by Gridl0k

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sanches

Technically, you shouldn't get banned with new account. But Rockstar's ban system is basically a russian roulette. I've heard people saying that they were banned on one account, bought the game again and made a new account yet still get banned. Pure randomness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gridl0k
1 minute ago, Sanches said:

Technically, you shouldn't get banned with new account. But Rockstar's ban system is basically a russian roulette. I've heard people saying that they were banned on one account, bought the game again and made a new account yet still get banned. Pure randomness.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/RSGS/cheatingcunt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jenkiiii
Posted (edited)

I agree with people who say buy another version of the game, register a new gaming ID, and link this to a new Rockstar Social Club (RSC) account. Your existing account is dead, you know that.

 

Rockstar have banned you once and will (hopefully) ban you again if you cheat in the future. Everyone deserves a second chance though, and you're making money for Rockstar by buying a new copy of the game.

Edited by Jenkiiii

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CaptainMarvel

OP is so basic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
flexcreator
Posted (edited)
On 6/8/2019 at 5:16 AM, F.N.C. said:

 will I still be banned due to my IP?

No. As long as you don't load any mods during the online play - you won't be banned. I was using several disposable accounts for testing mod menus under the same IP, all these accounts were banned eventually - Bans are not inherited, they have nothing to do with IP.

 

The OpenIV stuff should be ok to use in single player. Keep your distance from anything else. Even if you just loaded a mod menu and never actually used it, you CAN get banned for the injection.

 

PS

Please, don't confuse yourself with a "modder". A modder is a person who takes time and effort to create something of value, to create a new content, improve the game and push it beyond limits. Using a mod menu for cheating and trolling is not "modding" by any means

Edited by flexcreator

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Agent 14

Before you re purchase the game change your IP address via contacting your ISP. Make a new account and play nice this time. 

 

 

Also why is everyone else antagonizing the op? Like ya don't do money glitches and dupe glitches. Ya must be some squeaky clean players huh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jdv95
3 minutes ago, Agent 14 said:

Before you re purchase the game change your IP address via contacting your ISP. Make a new account and play nice this time. 

 

 

Also why is everyone else antagonizing the op? Like ya don't do money glitches and dupe glitches. Ya must be some squeaky clean players huh.

because he uses the mods to most likely grief people via mod menu's. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Agent 14
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, jdv95 said:

because he uses the mods to most likely grief people via mod menu's. 

If that's the case then his ban was justified but we don't exactly know what was he banned for for all we know he could of mod the script to spawn a certain car or vehicle on the game and was banned for it. Or was giving out money online. 

 

 

 

 

But if he's willing to play legit this time around I can't really tell him what most want to hear. After all everyone deserves a second chance.

Edited by Agent 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lonely-Martin
10 minutes ago, Agent 14 said:

Before you re purchase the game change your IP address via contacting your ISP. Make a new account and play nice this time. 

 

 

Also why is everyone else antagonizing the op? Like ya don't do money glitches and dupe glitches. Ya must be some squeaky clean players huh.

Yep. 😁

 

Forgive the cheeky, but plenty of legit gamers out there. But in all seriousness, it was because of players similar to OP that ruined my original account by playing all sorts of silly buggers with it. Lost 2 years of good gaming back then.

 

Naturally R* being no help contributed too. (Not that this is aimed at OP, I make no assumptions about him/her, nor condoning bad form here but I do get why some are happy to show they look down upon this aspect of the game).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Agent 14
2 minutes ago, Lonely-Martin said:

Yep. 😁

 

Forgive the cheeky, but plenty of legit gamers out there. But in all seriousness, it was because of players similar to OP that ruined my original account by playing all sorts of silly buggers with it. Lost 2 years of good gaming back then.

 

Naturally R* being no help contributed too. (Not that this is aimed at OP, I make no assumptions about him/her, nor condoning bad form here but I do get why some are happy to show they look down upon this aspect of the game).

Oh yeah I know there's lots of legit players out there I meant to type some of ya but I was in rush because I was multitasking. 

 

 

I know there's lots of scumbags modders and they should also be dealt with accordingly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lonely-Martin
3 minutes ago, Agent 14 said:

Oh yeah I know there's lots of legit players out there I meant to type some of ya but I was in rush because I was multitasking. 

 

 

I know there's lots of scumbags modders and they should also be dealt with accordingly.

It's all good dude. Anything that folk do to themselves or with permission I don't really care about. But that was old gen, and I bounced back stronger. :)

 

I've made plenty of slip ups when gaming while texting, lol. Quite eyeopening for me regarding the whole topic of modding as pre-GTA:O I was never an internet/gaming guy. I came here thinking all modders were one and the same and given my past experiences I mentioned, not too keen on the topic. 

 

But after a good read and the odd squabble, I soon learned much more to this franchise with how modding has been going strong since San Andreas and such in a good way. I've never even used the creator here and overlook that aspect too, lol. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Agent 14
1 minute ago, Lonely-Martin said:

It's all good dude. Anything that folk do to themselves or with permission I don't really care about. But that was old gen, and I bounced back stronger. :)

 

I've made plenty of slip ups when gaming while texting, lol. Quite eyeopening for me regarding the whole topic of modding as pre-GTA:O I was never an internet/gaming guy. I came here thinking all modders were one and the same and given my past experiences I mentioned, not too keen on the topic. 

 

But after a good read and the odd squabble, I soon learned much more to this franchise with how modding has been going strong since San Andreas and such in a good way. I've never even used the creator here and overlook that aspect too, lol. :)

I'm not going lie if I could mod on PS4 or owned a PC I'd only do it on single player as there's tons of interesting mods in PC I'd love to try. 

 

 

 

I'm only guilty of doing Bogdan re runs in the past haven't done that in about a year due to the submarine cutscene driving me insane. Currently my only guilt is that I've been using the telescope glitch to make some kick-ass outfits which is harmless other than that I've been a good boy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.