Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
      4. Frontier Pursuits
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Diamond Casino & Resort
      2. DLC
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA 6

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

CarlyRaeJepsen

Dear R* regarding female skirts...

Recommended Posts

CarlyRaeJepsen

It is very unfair that npc’s have skirts that are much more poofy and full . They must have very large petticoats underneath them. 

 

In contrast, female character players’ skirts are not very volumous . Here is an examples of npc’s skirt in comparison to my characters skirt. 

 

io46e9.jpg

2pow0gx.jpg

 

As you can see, the npc’s skirt is much fuller and has a larger radius in diameter . My characters skirt falls flat with little to no volume . 

 

Currently the most poofy skirts we have are the hitched skirt and the Kamasa skirt but I am not a fan due to the exposed bloomers and ankles . 

 

I understand and the reason for our skirts to be less poofy may be due to them having to be able to fit under our belts . 

 

I suggest that they allow us to unequip or have an “invisible” weapon belt thus allowing us to wear skirts with more poofiness. 

 

Thank you . 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Happy Hunter

Quinn_flower's legacy lives on I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ghoffman9

I think it has something to do with the actions the players engage in that the NPC's do not such as horse back riding. The dress might stretch and clip in bad ways when mounting a horse. Normally in the wild west ladies in dresses rode horses with their legs both on one side since the dress prevents them from riding the horse like normal. Its why things such as long coats have a big split at the bottom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AmyStone

Can you imagine that dress on a horse. The ones we get to buy look bad enough (it's why my character always wears trousers) but those would look crazy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CMCSAVAGE
17 hours ago, CarlyRaeJepsen said:

 They must have very large petticoats underneath them. 

Or a bustle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AmyStone

Or 5 helium balloons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IamCourtney
2 hours ago, AmyStone said:

Or 5 helium balloons.

Swamp gas rising from the earth, that's why you see so many of these in St. Denis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CarlyRaeJepsen
8 hours ago, Ghoffman9 said:

I think it has something to do with the actions the players engage in that the NPC's do not such as horse back riding. The dress might stretch and clip in bad ways when mounting a horse. Normally in the wild west ladies in dresses rode horses with their legs both on one side since the dress prevents them from riding the horse like normal. Its why things such as long coats have a big split at the bottom.

That would look so cute if our character sat on the horse with both their legs on one side when they wear skirts !!! 

I hope we get poofier skirts and this option 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jason
1 minute ago, CarlyRaeJepsen said:

That would look so cute if our character sat on the horse with both their legs on one side when they wear skirts !!! 

I hope we get poofier skirts and this option 

I'm no horse riding expert but I'm going to guess that riding a horse like that would be difficult.

 

We likely will never get skirts like this because of the insane amount of clipping/stretching/glitchyness it'd cause when interacting with damn nearly everything in the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ghoffman9
54 minutes ago, CarlyRaeJepsen said:

That would look so cute if our character sat on the horse with both their legs on one side when they wear skirts !!! 

I hope we get poofier skirts and this option 

It works for riding casually but hard riding where you are going fast, doing jumps, and shooting enemies from your horse, not so much. It would just take your horse making a sharp turn at the wrong time for you to fall off. Your legs are vital on keeping you on the horse, as they keep you from sliding off one side. When you go to reload a gun, neither your arms, or your legs are really keeping you on the horse, very impractical.

What Rockstar should do is give something akin to what Bonnie MacFarlane wears. She wears some sort of dress thats split down the middle that makes it still look like a dress but can also ride a horse properly.

Rdr bonnie macfarlane undead nightmare

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CMCSAVAGE
41 minutes ago, Ghoffman9 said:

What Rockstar should do is give something akin to what Bonnie MacFarlane wears. She wears some sort of dress thats split down the middle that makes it still look like a dress but can also ride a horse properly.

They did, wide legged pants.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CarlyRaeJepsen

I can think of a few games were poofy skirts exist without clipping such as assasins creed syndicate, fallout 76, and super Mario party . Also the npc’s skirts in red dead redemption 2 have beautiful cloth physics and I truly would not mind clipping or stretching at times if it’s necessary .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
-LN-

I do like some of the skirts currently available and I'm all for adding more options and variants, but yea, I've noticed some issues here and there with what we have now; I suppose it's nothing drastic, but sometimes my hands seem disappear into the skirt if I'm sitting idle on the horse and things of that nature.

 

I spend most of my time in Lemoyne, especially within the Bayou, and I hate to think just how hot and uncomfortable so much of the clothing would have been back then in that type of climate! 😜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CarlyRaeJepsen

I hope we get full dresses like this

ix4cr4.jpg

i also want lacy feminine gloves and jewelry like necklaces, bracelets , and earrings like the npc is wearing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jason
1 hour ago, CarlyRaeJepsen said:

I can think of a few games were poofy skirts exist without clipping such as assasins creed syndicate, fallout 76, and super Mario party . Also the npc’s skirts in red dead redemption 2 have beautiful cloth physics and I truly would not mind clipping or stretching at times if it’s necessary .

Did you actually just use Super Mario Party as an example for skirts when we're talking about RDR2 wut

 

None of those games are a good example of the type of problems you'd run into giving player characters big skirts in RDO. We've got gun animations (shooting, reloading, walking with gun in both hands, walking with gun in one hand), combat animations including kicking, then stuff like crouching, diving, bending down to skin animals, pick herbs, getting onto and off horses, riding horses, kicking on horses, riding as a passenger on a horse, sitting, kneeling... The list goes on.

 

Long coats and the skirts already in the game run into problems with all these animations to begin with I can't even imagine how bad it would be if we got big puffy skirts. Also while I'm all for fashion end-game in games we are playing outlaws at the end of the day. It'd be a lot of effort to get skirts like this in and that effort would better spent on other forms of clothing options IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Commander S
3 hours ago, Jason said:

I'm no horse riding expert but I'm going to guess that riding a horse like that would be difficult.

 

We likely will never get skirts like this because of the insane amount of clipping/stretching/glitchyness it'd cause when interacting with damn nearly everything in the game.



Difficult (and really uncomfortable, even just to look at - that's a recipe for pins and needles, right there...), but nevertheless period-authentic! ;)

 

The main issues would be doing a bunch of new animations (rather than just recycling stuff from Arthur in single-player), and adding proper side-saddles (which I suspect most people wouldn't bother owning. Bit like adding manual transmission to GTAO - it'd be a lot of work for little to no return, I imagine.

 

 

As for fancy formal dresses, I reckon just adding them wouldn't be a problem at all - and yeah, like in Assassin's Creed Syndicate, it'd be good for something like a mission where you have to go undercover at some fancy social do (bit like that one mission in RDR2, in fact):

 

maxresdefault.jpg

 

 

Worth remembering that Evie had to waddle around with her arms out to the sides, couldn't carry any equipment/weapons, and couldn't run, either - so it'd be more a roleplay thing than anything practical.

 

But I could see R* adding more formal stuff, with the caveat that you can change into them when off your horse, but you can't get on until you swap outfits back to something more practical. Nothing stopping you from storing them on your horse, though (helps that we can access horse storage when on foot!).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Labovasha

Puffy skirts would work just fine especially if you could hide the gunbelt like the satchel.

The sides are not so much wider than the largest gun belt or a holstered sawn off shotgun. The characters already animate to make room for the belts on their hips.

Clipping on horseback would probably be the only real issue and that could be minimized by simply raising the skirt up just like they did with other ones. The limited time skirts from the catalogue alradly shows this can be done.

It would not be any worst than the large coats and skirts that we already see it the game. Minor clipping is bound to happen and it is impossible to avoid, even half naked characters have it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CarlyRaeJepsen
2 hours ago, Labovasha said:

Puffy skirts would work just fine especially if you could hide the gunbelt like the satchel.

The sides are not so much wider than the largest gun belt or a holstered sawn off shotgun. The characters already animate to make room for the belts on their hips.

Clipping on horseback would probably be the only real issue and that could be minimized by simply raising the skirt up just like they did with other ones. The limited time skirts from the catalogue alradly shows this can be done.

It would not be any worst than the large coats and skirts that we already see it the game. Minor clipping is bound to happen and it is impossible to avoid, even half naked characters have it.

Hey thank you for making my day 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CarlyRaeJepsen

Bump 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.