4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

VideoTech UK

Vice City Overhaul - Info & Screens

VideoTech UK

Greetings! 

I'm pleased to announce some details of an upcoming major Vice City map expansion modification developed by the ryanm2711 modding team. Vice City Overhaul has been in active development from October 2018, we have a lot to share in this post. 

What's Vice City Overhaul?

Vice City Overhaul is a map expansion for Grand Theft Auto V on PC, it includes a fully remastered Vice City map and its beautiful landscapes.

What is coming?
  •  Full vegetation support (incl new palms, grass & much more!)

•  Retextured & remodelled buildings and areas

•  Full traffic support

•  Minimap support

•  A complete new Malibu Club building (with hand-picked music by our dev Ambient)

•  A completely new set of radio stations 

•  Much more to be announced at a later date 

Screenshots & Video

533e7e-Screenshot_1.jpg

slick_approve_3.png

slick_approve_2.pngslick_approve_5.pngnew_tress_2.png7_1-01.jpeg8-01.jpeg5_3.jpg2_2.jpg111.jpgGTA5_2019-05-07_00-42-26.jpgGTA5_2019-05-06_22-41-34.jpgEVE-20190218010322.00_00_03_11.Still001-unknown.pngEVE-20190318151540.00_00_13_14.Still018.unknown.pngEVE-20190313230301.00_00_12_07.Still006.z.jpgslick_bark.pngnew_tress_3.pngGrand_Theft_Auto_V_Screenshot_2019.03.28

The State of The Project

We are very far from finishing Vice City Overhaul, we have still had a long journey into developing our ambitious mod. This is the next level of modding, we want to put every soul into this map and make what Rockstar Games could potentially deliver in the future for a remaster. I'm making the post today so the GTA Forum community can follow our progress throughout the development journey. 

If you'd like to keep up to date with our work before anyone else - Feel free to join our Discord server - https://discord.gg/Ud6j4jD

We're looking for new developers - If you're interested feel free to contact ryanm2711 in our Discord server!

Dev Credits 

ryanm2711 - Mapper, Scripter & Project Leader
I_Robin_Dude - Mapper, Interiors, 3D Artist, Video Editor & The Project God

HeySlickThatsMe - Interiors, Mapper, Scripter, Vegetation 
Kalit - 3D Artist & Props Artist, & something (redacted) 
mould122 - Palm & Grass & Mapper

Heni - Traffic, Props, Scenarios and Mapper
nkjellman - Scripter
Smallo - Tools Developer, Mapper, Popzones
Ambient - Radio & Texture Artist 
rollschuh2282 - Interior Minimap 
UHDFreddyEST - Minimap
VideoTech UK - Mapper, Advertising Manager

VideoTech UK

zz5.jpgzz5.jpg

EVE-20190319233224.00_00_07_03.Still011.

Spider-Vice

This is looking awesome, best of luck for the project! 

VideoTech UK
2 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

This is looking awesome, best of luck for the project! 

Thanks so much, we'll have more to share in the future! 

Razor Cola

damn son, lookin good! 

firedihm

Can you backport this back to VC? 

mould122
25 minutes ago, firedihm said:

Can you backport this back to VC? 

Nope, just for V at this point

MrDisclaimer

HeySlickThatsMe

Some additional info: As you see we have it in total conversion tab, meaning more content than just map is coming, this includes scripted properties, interiors, new weapons and such, all of this without replacing anything existing, more information soon so stay tuned

VideoTech UK
3 hours ago, MrDisclaimer said:

MrDisclaimer is part of our dev team, if you have any questions in regards to buildings and areas etc, feel free to ask him! 

Jinx.

Beautiful!

Fetooh

Beautiful!, hope we will see some classic Vice city radio music. 

Ash_735

I really like the idea, some of the posters are a little to on the nose but the building work looks great and just the concept of remastering Vice City, modernising it and THEN using the GTAO assets to fill it out is just brilliant. What year is the mod "set"?

HeySlickThatsMe
39 minutes ago, Ash_735 said:

I really like the idea, some of the posters are a little to on the nose but the building work looks great and just the concept of remastering Vice City, modernising it and THEN using the GTAO assets to fill it out is just brilliant. What year is the mod "set"?

Posters are mostly placeholder, some pictures still use old palms aswell and such, obviously we are still working on the mod and a lot is missing, the mod is actually set in present day (no particular year or anything for now, so lets say 2019) so we aren't trying to follow the retro style, however one of ideas is to have each district of the city look more unique, for example in Ocean Drive you will find more peds with retro clothes and old cars, while Little Haiti will be filled with gangs for example, we basically want to show that modern Vice City with modern story would totally work for next GTA Game

Ivan1997GTA

Whatever the music selection will be in this mod, I sure hope the song "Ocean Drive" by Duke Dumont will be among them. That song just screams modern Vice City.

Ash_735
2 minutes ago, Ivan1997GTA said:

Whatever the music selection will be in this mod, I sure hope the song "Ocean Drive" by Duke Dumont will be among them. That song just screams modern Vice City.

Not to sound harsh, but unless they've got Voice Actors and an Audio Production team, Radio Stations are like the bottom priority in stuff like this.

Habibou de Débézède

Beautiful work. I hope that the sound of the malibu will look like scarface club, it will be great

ROCKSTAR MANIC

This is so cool, Id wish I could help but I'm absolutely clueless on what dev 'ing is about. Keep at it, can't wait to see the finished product.

Sonny Evans

When all is added, you think the Rockstar editor will still work? Thing tends to crash when a lot of props have been added. 

HeySlickThatsMe

Not sure to be honest, we have to wait and see when the map is finished, it could be hardcoded so there wouldn't be a way to fix it, I think Robin takes his screenshots with R* editor though, so I guess it works, personally I don't use it myself, I stick to jedijosh's ingame screenshot mod

MrDisclaimer

I use R* editor for screenshots, videos. Everything is fine atm. Even when I'm using a ton of other mods and scripts and EVE for video export.

That's not a reason for Editor to crash.

Sonny Evans

Sounds dope! If you guys ever need a trailer done for it, hit me up! 

LeBron.

Finally a mod that does Vice City justice. Looking awesome.

Ash_735
On 6/5/2019 at 5:07 PM, HeySlickThatsMe said:

the mod is actually set in present day (no particular year or anything for now, so lets say 2019) so we aren't trying to follow the retro style, however one of ideas is to have each district of the city look more unique, for example in Ocean Drive you will find more peds with retro clothes and old cars, while Little Haiti will be filled with gangs for example, we basically want to show that modern Vice City with modern story would totally work for next GTA Game

That sounds good to me, a few of us did research a few years back (project never got off the ground) for a HD Era Vice City game set in 2011 (in between GTA IV and GTAV) with a story sorting out the loose ends and helpful to connect the events better. Outside of a rough draft no one really had the time, but I took the Radio Station on as a way to show people how research needs to be done and how to be as close to Rockstar's style as possible (pre-GTAV that is), so the Radio Stations I created were both based off real life ones broadcasting during those years in Miami-Dade county, as well as influenced from OG Vice City and VCS. Obviously a lot of the "modern" stations are catered for 2009/2010/2011 music but there's plenty of "oldies" stations which you guys might be interested in ranging from Adult Contemporary, Jazz, Country, Chillout, Classic Rock. 

MrDisclaimer
7 hours ago, Ash_735 said:

That sounds good to me, a few of us did research a few years back (project never got off the ground) for a HD Era Vice City game set in 2011 (in between GTA IV and GTAV) with a story sorting out the loose ends and helpful to connect the events better. Outside of a rough draft no one really had the time, but I took the Radio Station on as a way to show people how research needs to be done and how to be as close to Rockstar's style as possible (pre-GTAV that is), so the Radio Stations I created were both based off real life ones broadcasting during those years in Miami-Dade county, as well as influenced from OG Vice City and VCS. Obviously a lot of the "modern" stations are catered for 2009/2010/2011 music but there's plenty of "oldies" stations which you guys might be interested in ranging from Adult Contemporary, Jazz, Country, Chillout, Classic Rock. 

Feel free to join our discord 

https://discord.gg/kv3RPc

Then we have discussion about your offer.