Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
      4. Frontier Pursuits
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Diamond Casino & Resort
      2. DLC
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA 6

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA IV Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA SA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA VC Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA III Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

happygrowls

Watch_Dogs: Legion

Recommended Posts

Legion of Hell
11 hours ago, Jason said:

Wouldn't shock me one bit if the next Assassin's Creed had a co-op mode to tap into this stuff, and I wanna say it's rumoured to have it but I might be remembering incorrectly on that one.

Assassin's Creed Unity already have Co-op mode

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jason
2 hours ago, Legion of Hell said:

Assassin's Creed Unity already have Co-op mode

Yea but the... 3? 4? AC's after that didn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Re-Dragon-Cro

Tbh I miss the old multiplayer in AC, that stuff was fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ertan Soner
Posted (edited)

I hope rpg bullsh*t doesn't included here. 

Edited by Ertan Soner
fix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Re-Dragon-Cro
2 hours ago, Ertan Soner said:

I hope rpg bullsh*t doesn't included here. 

Yeah, AC already turned into one, we don't need another Ubisoft game where enemies are bullet sponges.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DexMacLeod

I didn't mind it in AC Origins, and it wasn't terrible in Odyssey once they patched it and revamped the scaling system but I'm still not a fan of it in Watch Dogs. Maybe if it were like Ghost Recon: Wildlands where enemies are just at a higher difficulty level in certain areas of the map it would be okay. Or like Breakpoint where enemies are all basic humans and only the drones have health bars.

 

Too bad nobody's really talking about this. I'm guessing if the sites that got to see and play previews had mentioned this the community would put up a bit of a fuss about it. For whatever faults Ubisoft has, they're generally pretty good at listening to fan complaints and making changes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jason
Posted (edited)

I have a different opinion on Ubisoft adding RPG stuff to their games, Odyssey was the first Ubisoft SP I really enjoyed playing since.. I don't even know, but a long time for sure. I'm a sucker for RPG's though, but I do understand the people who aren't keen on the RPG stuff and the changes to the AC franchise.

 

I have a genuine appreciation I think for Ubisoft these days tbh, they don't always knock it out the park but they are always open to trying new things, they have a really varied list of AAA franchises they've put out this gen and they've supported them all really well post launch.

Edited by Jason

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zello
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Ertan Soner said:

I hope rpg bullsh*t doesn't included here. 

It's already in enemies have bars above their heads. I really wished that it wouldn't make it into Watch dogs.

Edited by Zello

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Commander S

Not a big fan of visible damage bars (it's a bit weird, unless your character has some kind of cybernetic eye implant with a medical scanner...), but I'm even less into RPG-style damage systems.

 

And to be fair to Odyssey, even Syndicate had it - assassinations were guaranteed one-hit kills (unlike Odyssey, where stabbing a higher-level enemy in the back is just a way of challenging them to a lengthy punch-up... :p), but between the different level enemies and being able to upgrade the arbitrary numbers on your weapons, it got a bit frustrating/laughable to shoot a level 9 enemy right between the eyes with a level 2 gun and have them barely flinch, while dropping a fully-upgraded throwing knife into the big toe of a level 2 enemy was an insta-kill. :turn:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Standard Deluxe 59

Has anything come out about what kind of cars players can use yet? Or if we'll even be able to steal or call for cars? 

If we do get cars to drive I hope the first person view is done better. It bugged me to no end that I couldn't look out of all the windows in either watch dogs game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Furry_Monkey
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Standard Deluxe 59 said:

Has anything come out about what kind of cars players can use yet? Or if we'll even be able to steal or call for cars? 

 

There is some footage that shows players stealing cars.  They talk about the fact that there are a lot of self-driving cars (they may have even said that all cars are self-driving), but you can choose to sit back or take over (you basically hack the car to drive it manually).

 

As for "car on demand", I've not heard anything about that yet but I'd be very surprised if it didn't make an appearance.

 

There was 30 minute gameplay video on the previous page of this thread.  There are various instances of car-jacking in that.  Have a look at 16:00 in for the conversation about self-driving cars...

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g075jpjQu-c&feature=youtu.be&t=960

Edited by Furry_Monkey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Re-Dragon-Cro

Car on demand should be still there, one of the editions has a DedSec skin for cars.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ṼirulenⱦEqừinox
Quote

 Swap between characters as you explore an open world online with friends.

 

So does this mean WD3 is going to be an Online Only Co-Op game? or are they looking to do to WD3 what they did with Wildlands and Far Cry 4 & 5 where you could join others games?

 

As for anything else i'll reserve judgement until more game information and game play footage comes out but I had a feeling it would be in London

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DexMacLeod

From what I've read there will be a handful of multiplayer modes and some co-op modes and missions. Doesn't sound like you'll be able to play through the whole game in co-op, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jason

It's single player with with co-op stuff on the side I think. There's been no indication that the game is playable entirely in co-op.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RXRNathan
On 6/26/2019 at 6:13 PM, Jason said:

It's single player with with co-op stuff on the side I think. There's been no indication that the game is playable entirely in co-op.

Well as far as i know, i believe that you share progress when you play co-op between single player or online.

 

Quote

In Watch Dogs: Legion, players can even bring their unique team online and team up with their friends in four-player co-op, while sharing their progression between single-player and online.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
happygrowls

If the game is entirely co-op, it's a must buy. WD1's """"co-op"""" was laughable, and WD2 was a step in the right direction letting you do free roaming w buddies. If the whole game is co-op it takes it to another level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jason

That to me sounds like you take your single player character(s) into the co-op stuff and any progression you earn is taken back to the single player, not that you bring your co-op partners into your single player story. I think if the game had full a full co-op campaign they'd have plastered that front and centre, but I could be wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Furry_Monkey
On 7/1/2019 at 1:34 AM, Jason said:

That to me sounds like you take your single player character(s) into the co-op stuff and any progression you earn is taken back to the single player, not that you bring your co-op partners into your single player story. I think if the game had full a full co-op campaign they'd have plastered that front and centre, but I could be wrong.

I agree, which is pretty much exactly what it was in WD2.

 

I do love the seamless "you're now online" experience of WD2, going about your business in single player and then suddenly having a massive cop chase go by.  I fully expect Legion to have the same kind of thing.  Expect, hope, whichever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zello

Will permadeath be enabled during co-op though? If someone causes one of my favorite characters to die I'd be super pissed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
happygrowls
10 hours ago, Zello said:

Will permadeath be enabled during co-op though? If someone causes one of my favorite characters to die I'd be super pissed.

I guess that's a risk, though with the "surrender" and "resist" options, I imagine you can surrender to save your character, if they don't roll an unsurrender trait.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jason

Maybe in co-op there will be a bleed out timer and players can pick you up or something. It'll be a lot easier to not die in co-op I'd imagine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Journey_95
Posted (edited)
On 6/24/2019 at 12:34 AM, Jason said:

I have a different opinion on Ubisoft adding RPG stuff to their games, Odyssey was the first Ubisoft SP I really enjoyed playing since.. I don't even know, but a long time for sure. I'm a sucker for RPG's though, but I do understand the people who aren't keen on the RPG stuff and the changes to the AC franchise.

 

I have a genuine appreciation I think for Ubisoft these days tbh, they don't always knock it out the park but they are always open to trying new things, they have a really varied list of AAA franchises they've put out this gen and they've supported them all really well post launch.

Disagree. Every Ubisoft franchise feels like the same thing, their formula is just milked out. The RPG stuff wasn't that bad in Origins but in Odyssey for me it took away from the AC vibe (that game shouldn't even be part of the series).  And a huge part of that game was just rehashed from Origins.

 

Then you get Far Cry which has shown barely any innovation since the third game despite getting like 4 games (with the spin offs) since then. Don't really get the "varied, open to new things etc" part at all. In the 2000's they were much better with games like Chaos Theory, Assassin's Creed 2, Prince of Persia etc. actually different franchises with their own unique identity. Not to mention not chasing lazy trends (AC is now The Witcher 3 but worse)

Edited by Journey_95

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jason
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Journey_95 said:

Don't really get the "varied, open to new things etc" part at all.

Then your gaming life is in a bubble.

 

AC: Historical based open world action/adventure

Far Cry: Action based single player / co-op FPS

Watch Dogs: Urban based open world with unique hacking mechanic

The Crew: large scale open world racer, the only multi plat game of it's type and unique in open world racers in terms of scale.

Steep: niche open worldish winter sports game.

Rainbow Six Siege: tactical FPS shooter, no other AAA FPS like it on the market today

Ghost Recon: open world co-op tactical shooter

For Honor: niche PvP melee game with a co-op element

Trials series: 2d skill based platforming game with a huge community creation aspect

Starlink: sci-fi spaceship shooty shooty (ngl I don't have much clue about this)

Mario + Rabbids: RTS series

Anno: RTS series for PC

Grow Home: special mention cause they are great little games

 

These are all series that have been active this generation and almost all of them have games that still actively supported with on-going content.

 

They're also working on a pirate game in Skull & Bones and a MMO/SP/coop/idontknow in Beyond Good & Evil 2, a PvP skill based competitive game in Roller Champions, single player open world RPG game caled Gods and Monsters.

 

So yea, Ubisoft have tons of variety and far more than the other major publishers and have tried things like Steep, For Honor, Starlink in recent years that they probably know will be niche but they wanted to make them. They don't always knock it out of the park with their stuff but they have my respect for always looking to create new IP and try new things. They are by far the best out of all the major western publishers in this area.

Edited by Jason

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Journey_95
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Jason said:

Then your gaming life is in a bubble.

 

AC: Historical based open world action/adventure

Far Cry: Action based single player / co-op FPS

Watch Dogs: Urban based open world with unique hacking mechanic

The Crew: large scale open world racer, the only multi plat game of it's type and unique in open world racers in terms of scale.

Steep: niche open worldish winter sports game.

Rainbow Six Siege: tactical FPS shooter, no other AAA FPS like it on the market today

Ghost Recon: open world co-op tactical shooter

For Honor: niche PvP melee game with a co-op element

Trials series: 2d skill based platforming game with a huge community creation aspect

Starlink: sci-fi spaceship shooty shooty (ngl I don't have much clue about this)

Mario + Rabbids: RTS series

Anno: RTS series for PC

Grow Home: special mention cause they are great little games

 

These are all series that have been active this generation and almost all of them have games that still actively supported with on-going content.

 

They're also working on a pirate game in Skull & Bones and a MMO/SP/coop/idontknow in Beyond Good & Evil 2, a PvP skill based competitive game in Roller Champions, single player open world RPG game caled Gods and Monsters.

 

So yea, Ubisoft have tons of variety and far more than the other major publishers and have tried things like Steep, For Honor, Starlink in recent years that they probably know will be niche but they wanted to make them. They don't always knock it out of the park with their stuff but they have my respect for always looking to create new IP and try new things. They are by far the best out of all the major western publishers in this area.

I don't play all their games. I'm talking about their AAA SP games and they are all similiar and as generic & safe as it gets. 

 

AC was milked so long that they turned it into a bad The Witcher 3 rip off (it's not a new thing if you just follow trends) with almost none of the unique elements that existed before. Far Cry since Far Cry 3 has been the same rehashed sh*t (even story wise they just try to replicate Vaas again). Watch Dogs isn't bad but the hacking stuff is a gimmick and never used to it's full potential. 


And Ghost Recon, really? They took a good shooter and turned it into yet another repetitive open world game. The only reason Splinter Cell (also a once unique series) is remaining dead is because they struggle to fit it with their open world & microtransactions (a part you conveniently let out) obsession.

 

And that's not even about how bad their writers are, in a time where many othe developers focus more on the story Ubisoft gives less f*cks about it now than they did a few years ago. They are one of the worst western publishers and their games are soulless and always about quality over quantity these days

Edited by Journey_95

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jason
9 minutes ago, Journey_95 said:

I don't play all their games. I'm talking about their AAA SP games and they are all similiar and as generic & safe as it gets.

Then you should probably not say "every Ubisoft franchise" if you're not talking about them all lol. If you're talking about their big three open world games (AC, FC, WD) then I definitely agree that their Ubi-formula being very samey. I would say that IMO they've improved a lot in this area since last gen and early this gen, where it was awful, and the addition of things like Exploration Mode in Odyssey go along way in improving the general open world experience. 

 

11 minutes ago, Journey_95 said:

AC was milked so long that they turned it into a bad The Witcher 3 rip off with almost none of the unique elements that existed before. Far Cry since Far Cry 3 has been the same rehashed sh*t (even story wise they just try to replicate Vaas again and again). Watch Dogs isn't bad but the hacking stuff is a gimmick and never used to it's full potential.

Don't disagree on Far Cry, not got much of an opinion on WD as the first one's tone bored me and I haven't played the second. AC however is.... hm. Personally speaking, I found the old AC games to be the worst cases of the Ubi-formula by a mile, but I played Odyssey (on exploration mode) this year and it's one of the best games I've played this gen tbh. Not perfect by any means, but the combat is one of the best I've ever played in an open world

 

14 minutes ago, Journey_95 said:

And Ghost Recon, really? They took a good shooter and turned it into yet another repetitive open world game. The only reason Splinter Cell is remaining dead is because they struggle to fit it with their open world & microtransactions (a part you conveniently let out) obsession

Not big on Ghost Recon either, but an open world tactical shooter with co-op is not exactly common, not in AAA space anyway. Splinter Cell is dead because the series hasn't sold well in yonks. Ubisoft aren't EA in their "this must have an Ultimate Team or f*ck off" style of monetisation, which I didn't conveniently leave out it just had no relevance to what I was saying. Even then, I've played at least one game out of all but 3 of the franchises I listed there and while I'm not gonna pretend that I'm a huge fan of microtransactions there's to my knowledge no premium loot boxes (correct me I'm wrong) and no P2W. I know there was a fuss about exp boosts in Odyssey but personally I never ran into that issue at all so I'm not sure if they fixed it or what.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Journey_95
19 hours ago, Jason said:

Then you should probably not say "every Ubisoft franchise" if you're not talking about them all lol. If you're talking about their big three open world games (AC, FC, WD) then I definitely agree that their Ubi-formula being very samey. I would say that IMO they've improved a lot in this area since last gen and early this gen, where it was awful, and the addition of things like Exploration Mode in Odyssey go along way in improving the general open world experience. 

 

Don't disagree on Far Cry, not got much of an opinion on WD as the first one's tone bored me and I haven't played the second. AC however is.... hm. Personally speaking, I found the old AC games to be the worst cases of the Ubi-formula by a mile, but I played Odyssey (on exploration mode) this year and it's one of the best games I've played this gen tbh. Not perfect by any means, but the combat is one of the best I've ever played in an open world

 

Not big on Ghost Recon either, but an open world tactical shooter with co-op is not exactly common, not in AAA space anyway. Splinter Cell is dead because the series hasn't sold well in yonks. Ubisoft aren't EA in their "this must have an Ultimate Team or f*ck off" style of monetisation, which I didn't conveniently leave out it just had no relevance to what I was saying. Even then, I've played at least one game out of all but 3 of the franchises I listed there and while I'm not gonna pretend that I'm a huge fan of microtransactions there's to my knowledge no premium loot boxes (correct me I'm wrong) and no P2W. I know there was a fuss about exp boosts in Odyssey but personally I never ran into that issue at all so I'm not sure if they fixed it or what.

The problem with the old AC games was that they just milked the formula too much so people got sick of it (every year one AC was too much). But I think games like AC2 or AC Black Flag are far superior and more original than Odyssey, games like Unity and AC3 only suffered because they rushed them out.

 

Odyssey's combat may be more "fun" but it basically lost all the unique aspects (social stealth, parkour focus, memorable assassinations, focus on Assassins vs Templars etc.) and may as well be a random new IP with all the changes they have made. It's more of a The Witcher 3 rip off at this point.

 

And I disagree, Splinter Cell (a linear stealth game) doesn't fit with Ubisoft's current formula, that's why they don't focus on it. They would 100% force an open world, microtransactions, maybe even gender choices and that would piss people off

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jason
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Journey_95 said:

The problem with the old AC games was that they just milked the formula too much so people got sick of it (every year one AC was too much). But I think games like AC2 or AC Black Flag are far superior and more original than Odyssey, games like Unity and AC3 only suffered because they rushed them out.

The problem was every big AAA open world game they made used the Ubi-formula. They could've released an AC every 3-4 years and it would still get criticised for feeling repetitive and samey because they kept using the same design across all their open world games. They're no where near as bad at this as they were last gen, and the Ubi-formula isn't like some abomination to begin with, it's just not amazing.

 

Also personally when it comes to franchises that have been around as long as AC and have had as many mainline games as AC I don't have problems with the devs trying new things.

 

1 hour ago, Journey_95 said:

And I disagree, Splinter Cell (a linear stealth game) doesn't fit with Ubisoft's current formula, that's why they don't focus on it. They would 100% force an open world, microtransactions, maybe even gender choices and that would piss people off

They seem to do open world for their big AAA games so maybe, microtransactions probably oufits like AC currently has, gender choices... wat.

 

Ubisoft's M.O. with their single player is to support them long terrm with DLC with a bunch of it being free, so if they wanna sell outfits in return for free DLC then I don't have much problem with it. Odyssey's got a ton of free support since launch. Their support for their games this generation has been the best out of the big publishers by a mile. Doesn't matter if the game has sold 10 million copies or 1, or if the  game was received poorly or well, they've given years of support and have good communication with the community.

 

Anyway my point was Ubisoft's list of IP's at the moment have a lot more variety than EA, Take-Two and Acti Blizzard, which it does. If you focus only on their big open world AAA franchises there's definitely a lot of room to improve which is why I say they don't knock it out of the park every time, but they're don't make bad game after bad game like EA seem to be doing, and they don't make micro transaction filled games like both EA and Activision Blizzard. Take-Two have decent variety when you include Private Division and their PC stuff but their output is lower compared to the others, on the mtx front they're pretty awful as well.

Edited by Jason

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DexMacLeod

Yeah, they definitely share a lot of gameplay mechanics between their big open world games but it's never really bothered me as they're very solid gameplay mechanics. Of Ubis main games I mostly only play Watch Dogs, Assassins Creed, and Ghost Recon and I actually like going into those games with that sense of familiarity.

 

I also generally find the different tones, stories and settings to be enough of a change to keep things feeling fresh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zello
Posted (edited)

I used to be that guy that hated everything Ubisoft but now I really enjoy their games. Except AC Odyssey I thought I'd love that since I loved Origins but ended up disappointed.

Edited by Zello

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.