3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Watch_Dogs: Legion

happygrowls

Furry_Monkey
On 11/17/2020 at 7:03 AM, DexMacLeod said:

That happened to me too. If it's the same thing then it's tied to a series of sidequests. I believe the quest's called Human Error.

I've done everything in the game.  I'm working on the last of the trophies now, to get platinum.

Sadly, I believe this is just a bug and I've lost that operative.

Edit: Okay, it turns out you were right.  I hadn't spotted that there were some missions left at the safe house.  Thanks - it was indeed Human Error :)

Edited by Furry_Monkey
  • Like 2

So just got started with this game a couple of days ago.

I was looking forward to playing it, mostly because of the map. In general I think that's what Ubisoft does best - their maps are usually well made, even if they're not filled with as much content as a R* or CDPR game. But mainly because I lived in central London for the best part of a decade, it's my favorite city in the world and I wanted to see what a modern game would do with it.....

.......and in the end, I'm actually finding myself really weirded out by it!

Don't get me wrong, they've done a great job with the feel of the city and there's a ton of major landmarks that have been beautifully and accurately reproduced. But the way they connect is just a little off. I lived in Victoria - and must have done the walk down from Westminster hundreds of times. But doing it in the game - Victoria is in roughly the right place (albeit the map is of course condensed) but it's in the wrong orientation. And there's a 101 things like that, which collectively are freaking me out and making playing the game a whole lot of confusing!

I assume residents of Chicago and San Fran felt the same thing with the first two games!

As for the game itself, I'd say it's fine. The new recruiting mechanic adds a little new fun, but mostly this is the same game as the first two, just repackaged. A few minor wrinkles, but mostly it's doing the same things as before (stealth + simple puzzle solving + occasional bits of driving and gunplay) just in a new setting. Although from what you're all saying, it sounds like the story is a little better this time, which is good (WD2's story was dreadful).

I'm sure I'll finish it, and it will keep me entertained for 40-50 hours. But I can't see it immersing me, and stretching out for months, the way The Witcher 3, RDR2 or basically any GTA games have done........

• Like 1
Mexicola9302

I installed it a couple days ago because it came for free with my new GPU (RTX 3080).

I don't like the game, the driving sucks, the AI sucks, the controls suck, the optimization is poor, i don't know nothing feels fleshed out in this game. Somehow im not interested in the story it all feels so superficial and dumb.

I wouldn't have paid a cent to play this game, even for free it's too expensive.

Maybe i give it another try after im done with CP2077, but i hardly believe it will be more fleshed out then.

I'll probably just uninstall it barely played. I knew it wouldn't be a kind of game that i like very much, but that it's so horrible i wouldn't have thought that. 

I guess the only Ubisoft games that are playable for me are Far Cry games, everything else feels like complete garbage i don't know, Ubisoft = 99% garbage IMO, that will probably never change. Ghost Recon Wildlands was good too, but else yeah really just garbage. No idea how some ppl can pour hours into most of the other games published by Ubisoft.

• Bruh 1
  • 1 month later...
Adrian J.

Damn, where to begin? I don't like this game much, no wait, it has some good qualities but it's a letdown compared to the previous two.

Best thing about this Watch_Dogs is London itself, very detailed and it feels like we are few years away from a world like this. What took a nosedive is almost everything in the world, pedestrians for example use to steal cars, fight each other, do other tasks, walk with pets, random gang fights would occur in the world. Now they just walk, talk on the phone and with other npc's, get beaten by Albion, this city feel a little less lively compared to Chicago or San Francisco. What's really funny is that all these "unique" people... it's like about 10 models for men and women and the rest is just a matter of different beards, haircuts and outfits, also their voices repeat a lot.

Story wise it's just resist this, defy that, the plot is so inconsistent it's ridiculous. One of the missions involved some bad guys kidnapping folks and selling them, but right after the first mission showing us all this we just go back on the street and "we do this later, now evil man controls Landan" and we proceed to either go after Albion CEO or find out who's this 404 group. This game is definitely Antifa's digital training/recruitment pamphlet, city statues are sprayed with graffiti , the way they talk when you switch characters "you have been activated" sounds like they're a Chinese sleeper cell agent lol. But oh boii did I had a bunch of laughs with it, especially in the beginning of the story when I was recruiting with a girl that looked like Danielle Bregoli and talks like Lady Sovereign.

Is it me or Sabine sounds like Mary from Black Flag? oh my, all these story characters here are boring as f*ck! good gracious me.

https://i.imgur.com/UVR8h0z.png

After looking and recruiting people this is what I managed to scrounge up. From left to right Christopher Manu, Mary Dixon, Bruce Boyd, Dan Hawkins, Cassie Ann and Tadeusz Borowski.

The Polish guy is my most played character, he's a chauffeur with a Range Rover and does illegal street racing for self driving cars, makes VR pr0n and looks up "first date meals", but that's pretty much what I know about him. All of them are one dimensional, no development, honestly these characters and the story have nothing on the first two, Aiden was a violent sociopath with moral grandeur, manipulative, very intelligent, skilled. Deep character which IGN called "just an empty trench coat", the dark tone of Chicago is still unmatched, revenge driven story, power, corruption, greed, yes Aiden Pierce is hacker Batman and if you play aggressively oh my goodness, poetry.

https://i.imgur.com/MLmA70x.png

Watch_Dogs 2 is a very, very pleasant game. Markus and his enthusiasm, the banter between him and Wrench is my favourite in games. Reminds me of my early days when me and my friends would watch Power Rangers after school and then talk about it. The non lethal approach they took was nice, it was cool to play the game without killing people, at least the SF DedSec was a corny bunch.

https://i.imgur.com/asHwf3B.png

With gameplay I don't know what to say, they removed the phone, with that music on foot is gone, ordering cars is gone (only some characters have one car they own), most of hacking options are gone, public transport aka trains are gone, blackouts gone, dogs are gone, cool gadgets are gone only certain characters have attributes like a silenced pistol, an option to call for a clothing discount or Albion member that can get in to their facilities, even though they still spot you as an enemy so whats the point -_-.

There's darts? fighting club is cool, and doing parcel deliveries can be exciting when Albion is in pursuit. With police drones chasing right above me and cars in pursuit it scratches that DRIVER series itch I have for police chases, car handling is a well balanced mix between the weightiness of the first and the agility of the second game.

Still it doesn't match the side content of the first game that had NVZN, Cash Run, chess, guessing game, drinking mini game, poker, slot machines, Fixer Contracts with 3 varieties, Madness, Alone, that flower thing, Spider Tank and street crimes.

Honestly I don't know what took 'em so long, four years and for what? The game is very bare bones with the content, removal of a lot of features, was it because of the Play As Anyone, did it take that long to do it. Now I'm waiting for Aiden to return and see if they bring back some features or add new ones. If not, Watch_Dogs series might really hit the dirt and never return.

Edited by Adrian J.
  • Like 5
FanEu7

Honestly the whole Watch Dogs series has been a disappointment for me, they are very forgettable games..At least WD1 tried to set up an interesting world (the downgrade was disappointing though and the world was kind of boring) but then everything became a joke in WD2 and now Legion is all about a gimmick.

This series could have been a real competitor to GTA but its just kind of generic

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
Adrian J.
On 1/25/2021 at 7:31 PM, FanEu7 said:

Honestly the whole Watch Dogs series has been a disappointment for me, they are very forgettable games..At least WD1 tried to set up an interesting world (the downgrade was disappointing though and the world was kind of boring) but then everything became a joke in WD2 and now Legion is all about a gimmick.

This series could have been a real competitor to GTA but its just kind of generic

......well personally I wouldn't call them forgettable but certainly miss their mark in some ways, I noticed a lot of people turned away from the series after the bullshot trailers which kinda showed that a lot of folks are obsessed with graphics.

Watch_Dogs is a good game that got scorched earth policy for not looking good enough like in the previews, people said the game is trying to be "dark and gritty", Aiden is "boring".

So I don't blame Ubisoft for such a shift in tone, from rainy and moody streets of Chicago we got sunny San Francisco, from serious and mature characters we got Markus and his lovable bozos known as DedSec.

L≡GION does the gimmick you're right, and tries to be very political, DedSec this time is literally Antifa, doing what they want to whoever they want. Some of the issues presented are very valid, how technology is rapidly growing and will eventually take over our jobs, human trafficking, uploading our minds to the cloud. On the other hand we have everyone is a fascist. Plus our characters don't grow, the game talks to everyone the same, with no consideration on how we behave or who's doing most missions etc.

But it's fun with it's gameplay, gotta say I warmed up to it a little more. London is detailed and Ubisoft gets my upmost respect for this

https://i.imgur.com/rWkupdT.png

Honestly screwing around, recruiting most bizarre people  like this drone expert Joker looking guy and just exploring the city is more interesting than the story honestly.

https://i.imgur.com/EjJxJLJ.png

I also listen to my own music because there's no on foot music, and cars only play like 6 songs per vehicle on repeat unless I switch a character or the car. Here's few songs that make a world of difference for me:

The Prodigy-Champions Of London

Bring Me the Horizon-Nihilist Blues

Muse-Algorithm

Ladytron-The Island

Kasabian-Switchblade Smiles

Audio Bullys-Real Life

Coldplay-Every Teardrop is a Waterfall

LukHash-System Shutdown

Gary Numan-Here In The Black

James Dymond-Overthrow (Protoculture Remix)

Edited by Adrian J.
  • Like 4
Zello

I agree compared to the first two games Legion has been disappointing. They removed a lot of stuff that shouldn't have been removed,  I don't really care for the story at all,  and not having a main protagonist also sucks and drags down the story too.

Edited by Zello
  • Like 1
happygrowls

I played the closed PC online test. Looks decent.

Adrian J.
On 2/7/2021 at 8:09 PM, happygrowls said:

I played the closed PC online test. Looks decent.

How was it? Do online invasions make a return? Another reason LEGION is a stepdown from the previous two, single player and online are separated modes now.

This is just me nitpicking but City Of London skyline is not accurate. London already has buildings in the city that exist in real life but not in the game and vice versa. It's a small thing I know, I know but Ubisoft could go to the damn wikipedia and look up buildings under construction or planned buildings.

FzaGM5Y.pngchicago_skyline.jpg

WuJB7qP.pngSan-Francisco-Skyline.jpeg

06nClb2.pngSee the source image

This is how it's suppose look like in 2026, the game takes places at least in 2030 because I overheard someone saying an event happened in 2029.

Edited by Adrian J.
happygrowls
2 hours ago, Adrian J. said:

How was it? Do online invasions make a return?

It was good, I can't disclose anything however because of NDA. Wait a couple of days, should be something for you to know then.

Adrian J.
3 hours ago, happygrowls said:

It was good, I can't disclose anything however because of NDA. Wait a couple of days, should be something for you to know then.

Alrighty then, just having some worries, Watch Dogs is one of my favourite series and the multiplayer was always interesting especially with hacking and tailing.

Zello
On 2/9/2021 at 12:13 PM, Adrian J. said:

This is just me nitpicking but City Of London skyline is not accurate. London already has buildings in the city that exist in real life but not in the game and vice versa. It's a small thing I know, I know but Ubisoft could go to the damn wikipedia and look up buildings under construction or planned buildings.

-snip-

I think part of the reason is copyrights. The Insomniac Spiderman games on PS4 have also run into that issue with certain buildings One World Trade center is missing in the first one and the Chrysler building which was in the first one is not in Miles Morales.

On 2/9/2021 at 12:13 PM, Adrian J. said:

FzaGM5Y.png

WuJB7qP.png

Goddamn I miss these games. 

• Like 2
Punkd

hey guys, i need your advice

i am not a "huge fanboy" of the watchdogs franchise, i didnt even play the first game, and i only started to play watchdogs 2 because my gf gave it to me as a bday present last year

so i played WD2 and after ~40hours singplayer in san francisco i really enjoyed it, especially the city itself

now i am planning to buy WD3 for xbox one x (its currently on sale), london is one of the main reasons, but some of you guys played WD3 and there are mixed feelings about it

would you recommend WD3? is it worth the money and time?

DexMacLeod
5 hours ago, Punkd said:

i am not a "huge fanboy" of the watchdogs franchise, i didnt even play the first game, and i only started to play watchdogs 2 because my gf gave it to me as a bday present last year

so i played WD2 and after ~40hours singplayer in san francisco i really enjoyed it, especially the city itself

now i am planning to buy WD3 for xbox one x (its currently on sale), london is one of the main reasons, but some of you guys played WD3 and there are mixed feelings about it

would you recommend WD3? is it worth the money and time?

It depends on what you liked about Watch Dogs 2, really. Because of the nature of the location and story, with London being occupied, the world isn't as "vibrant" and "fun" as San Francisco was. There's no central character which some people had a problem with. Personally I "bonded" with some of my recruits more than Aiden or Marcus.

The core gameplay mechanics are pretty much intact, though, and the different recruits with different skill sets can create a lot of variety in how you tackle a mission.

• Like 2
Punkd

aaand bought 😁 watched some youtube videos yesterday (some comparison videos of wd2 vs wd3), the game and the city itself look too beautiful to not buy it

now i just have to figure out how i can manage my private life plus playing cyberpunk, valhalla and wd3 at the same time :D

• Like 1
Adrian J.
On 2/13/2021 at 7:59 AM, Punkd said:

Well here you go, things missing from Watch_Dogs 2:

-phone interaction (apps)

-hacking traffic lights

-hacking steam pipes

-jam coms

-blackouts

-mass vehicle hack (unless you have a getaway driver)

-buying cars

-3D printer

-ability to listen to music on foot and making your own playlist

-abilty to call cops or gangs on people

-dogs

-sticky bombs

-jumper

-drone (granted you can hack any drone in this game)

-random gang/police shootouts

-Markus

They also downgraded pedestrian AI, you have subway fast travel but forget about seeing the damn thing because there's no way to even get to the platform.

Edited by Adrian J.
  • Like 3
  • excuseme 1

I hate the camera angles especially when I'm driving can't enjoy London at all and London feels dead no store or restaurant interiors suck imo. One thing I do like though is how the game looks at night.

• Like 2
Adrian J.
On 2/25/2021 at 3:45 PM, Zello said:

I hate the camera angles especially when I'm driving can't enjoy London at all and London feels dead no store or restaurant interiors suck imo. One thing I do like though is how the game looks at night.

The world is indeed boring, I played Watch_Dogs 2 on Saturday and it still blows me away how life like that world is. Simply started walking, there was this girl talking to a guy, waved my hand, said hello and the guy was like "great, like I need this". He started getting aggressive told him to calm down, he punched me I punched him twice, the girl ran, ambulance came and I followed her. After a while Markus ran up to her and she's like "oh no it's you again", little details like that make a world of difference.

Unfortunately LEGION lacks things like this, especially that it seems like they're using the exact same game engine.

London is nice but boring, that's for sure.

Edited by Adrian J.