3. Site Suggestions

happygrowls

Watch_Dogs: Legion

happygrowls
Posted (edited)

image?url=8Oaj9Ryq1G1_p3lLnXlsaZgGzAie6M

WELCOME TO THE RESISTANCE

BUILD A RESISTANCE TO FIGHT BACK.

London's facing its downfall courtesy of state surveillance, private military, AI cults, and the mafia. Recruit a well-rounded resistance to overthrow the wankers ruining this once-great city. The fate of London lies with you.

PLAY AS ANYONE

ANYONE CAN BE YOUR WEAPON

Each character has their own backstory, personality, and skill set—all of which comes into play as you personalize your team. Swap between characters as you explore an open world online with friends. Enjoy free updates of new modes, rewards, and themed events.

BareBreakableFalcon-size_restricted.gif

Edited by happygrowls

Zello
Posted (edited)

This sounds terrible and no I'm not a Watch Dogs hater WD1 grew on me and I loved playing WD2.

I'll wait until Ubisoft reveals it officially maybe they can change my mind. But I really don't like this new direction if it's true.

Edited by Zello

El Penguin Bobo
Posted (edited)

Ehhh... lets you control every NPC?

It sounds like one of those things that sounds good on paper, but horribly executed in the process. We'll have to see though...

Edited by El Penguin Bobo

River God
Posted (edited)

All I want from Ubisoft is the next Splinter Cell game.

I liked Watch Dogs and the sequel quite a bit, but neither are high on my list of replays.

Edited by River God

DisCrafted

Did not expect this. They want to change things up I suppose. Will be interesting to see how it works out. I thought they'd call it Watch Dogs 3 but they're probably taking the subtitle route for the same reason they decided to drop numbered titles for Assassin's Creed. I enjoyed WD1 & 2. I do wonder how the story in this game will work though. I guess we'll find out next week.

Billy Russo

Any NPC sounds like a really neat concept. It'd be cool to see how that plays out.

I wonder if you can literally take over the NPC of a Police Officer for example. Like, what is 'any', I'm willing to bet it's not every single one.

I like the idea of a future dystopian London, it's not like Rockstar is going to set a GTA in London any time soon, so I'm glad somebody is doing it. Watch Dogs have had better maps than most GTA games to me as well.

Jason

Originally I thought it might be like cyberpunk computer chip brain style hacking but I heard someone else say it might be a case of building up a following/group and you can take control of people in the group? It sounds interesting but also a bit uhhhhhh. We'll see.

The near-future London setting alone though is a selling point for me.

SonOfLiberty

It's about time someone done London (Although as I'm saying that it crosses my mind it was in Assassin's Creed: Syndicate lol) however I'm not too sold on the idea of being able to control any NPC. Sounds like one of those ambitious gimmicks that has the potential to be a f*ck up in practice and given Ubisoft's track record of inconsistency over the last generation I'd be holding my breath.

Laker23

I'll reserve judgement but the NPC thing doesn't nothing for me. Actually makes me worried about the quality of the overall story.

I heard this system has been a pain to get working so hopefully everything is ironed out now. Looking forward to the reveal.

Jason

I think it'll be more of a tool at your disposal rather than like say something that comes at the cost of a strong protagonist.

TheSantader25
Posted (edited)

The last good Ubisoft game I played was 6 years ago. Watch dogs 2 was kinda good though. Still far off the quality I expect. Seems like this Ubisoft franchise is getting derailed as well. 

Edited by TheSantader25

DOUGL4S1
Posted (edited)

So, can you recruit any NPC or it's kinda like the GTA V heists crew, that you meet in random events/missions and can recruit them for your crew? I kinda hope it's the second one, sorta like W_D2 but you can control any member of DedSec (screw Marcus, I wanted to play as Wrench).

And a London setting for an open-world game is nice, can't think of the last GTA-esque game set in modern London. Was it The Getaway?

Edited by DOUGL4S1

Shimuhata
Posted (edited)

London will be a great city for this game. Though if Ubisoft makes it realistic, car chases will be non-existent in the game, given the city's addiction to traffic jams.

Edited by Shimuhata

Spider-Vice
4 hours ago, Jason said:

I think it'll be more of a tool at your disposal rather than like say something that comes at the cost of a strong protagonist.

This is what I'm thinking. We'll have a central protagonist but they'll probably have the power of taking over anyone, maybe everyone has a ctOS (or similar) powered mindcontrol chip that is hackable by DedSec. Sorta like a copy of what Tanner could do in Driver SF during his coma, with taking over random drivers.

DexMacLeod

I'm still pretty intrigued but like a lot of others, the play as anyone thing's got me a little worried about the story. I don't much care for the idea of hacking people's brains and controlling their bodies. That's a few steps too far into silly as hell territory for me.

I like the idea of recruiting anyone into your group and being able to free roam and do side quests as them but still having a central character for a more story driven experience. Maybe sort of like the first State of Decay with a more in-depth story.

Either way, the fact that the potential recruits all have voices makes me cautiously optimistic that they'll at least be more than mindless drones we control. 

Billy Russo
Just now, DexMacLeod said:

I'm still pretty intrigued but like a lot of others, the play as anyone thing's got me a little worried about the story. I don't much care for the idea of hacking people's brains and controlling their bodies. That's a few steps too far into silly as hell territory for me.

I like the idea of recruiting anyone into your group and being able to free roam and do side quests as them but still having a central character for a more story driven experience. Maybe sort of like the first State of Decay with a more in-depth story.

Either way, the fact that the potential recruits all have voices makes me cautiously optimistic that they'll at least be more than mindless drones we control. 

I just hope the characters aren't anything like Watch Dogs 2. I'm not sure how other people felt, but the whole 'edgy' l33t hacker kind of vibe they tried to go with, was really cringe worthy and immersive breaking for me. Aside from that, I really liked the game.

I wouldn't be too fussed over the NPC's not having too much about them, I think hacking them and getting a 'background check' sort of thing would be good enough. Sort of how you could scan over people and learn their names, occupation etc. I do agree there needs to be a strong central character to make the whole thing come together nicely.

MostWantedMVP

I've never played this series before. Might give it a go if it's set in London. The last game I remember being set in that city was the Getaway series on PS2, which I never played (yet).

trip
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, El Penguin Bobo said:

It sounds like one of those things that sounds good on paper, but horribly executed in the process. We'll have to see though...

Same feeling.

Watch Dogs always just falls short for me somewhere.  It comes so close and then something just turds it up for me.

Playing as an NPC?  So is it just a matter of an opening sequence where we pick a random character and then they just pin us to the linear story?  Like a 20 minute character creater in a sense?  Maybe where they weave in those basic tutorial bits...?

I hope they pull it off.  Like I said/think...Watch Dogs comes so close.

@Billy Russo the characters in WD2 absolutely killed it for me.  I couldn't get past it.  And that's coming from someone who loves cheese 80s/90s movies.

Edited by trip

Journey_95
19 minutes ago, trip said:

Same feeling.

Watch Dogs always just falls short for me somewhere.  It comes so close and then something just turds it up for me.

Playing as an NPC?  So is it just a matter of an opening sequence where we pick a random character and then they just pin us to the linear story?  Like a 20 minute character creater in a sense?  Maybe where they weave in those basic tutorial bits...?

I hope they pull it off.  Like I said/think...Watch Dogs comes so close.

@Billy Russo the characters in WD2 absolutely killed it for me.  I couldn't get past it.  And that's coming from someone who loves cheese 80s/90s movies.

Agreed, Watch Dogs has lots of potential but both games have been underwhelming. WD1 was ok but didn't live up to the hype, story was all over the place and the open world was really downgraded from what they showed before.

And WD2 has the most cringeworthy characters I have seen in a game, Ubisoft needs to hire better writers

Jason

lol @ god save the npc's

DOUGL4S1
Posted (edited)

Can't wait to hack security cameras and do rampages and shootouts as Queen Elizabeth II.

Spoiler

queen-e2-gets-blackberry.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by DOUGL4S1

MostWantedMVP
17 minutes ago, Jason said:

lol @ god save the npc's

Stereotypical Brits incoming.

Jason

If they don't acknowledge that the North is the best part of England then I'm boycotting it tbh.

E•MO•TION

I’m sold on the London setting alone.  Looking forward to E3. 👍

Shaundi.

This isn't what I was expecting but I'm very curious. What happened to the MI6 girl?

Zello

I wonder how big the map will be. Is it just gonna be London or are we getting more cities?

Jason
23 minutes ago, Shaundi. said:

This isn't what I was expecting but I'm very curious. What happened to the MI6 girl?

I think people are jumping to some big conclusions over an Amazon blurb lol, Ubisoft memeing about it in their official tweet basically confirms it.

I think it'll just be a tool you can use. Rather than hacking your way into buildings you'll hack/use people to do what you want or something like that.

Zello

My only concern is the near future/cyberpunk setting they're talking about. I'm fine with a near future setting. But Cyberpunk I can't see working at all.

Ivan1997GTA

This sounds very interesting. I wonder if there's going to be any nods to Skyfall? Looks like this future is really made of virtual insanity. Speaking of, I hope that this track will be in the game. I think it would be rather fitting.

GTA3Rockstar
18 hours ago, Jason said:

Yeah, my thoughts exactly.

It just sounds like their way of saying "Create your own character"