1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
K^2

Marvel's Avengers

Jason
9 minutes ago, Billy Russo said:

Am I the only one that was kind of like "Ehh." when I saw this reveal? It kind of fell flat for me.

No gameplay no party yo.

Also some deets coming out from E3 and the games structure sounds.... weird? They hyped up the co-op part of the game but it sounds like there's a single player portion to it that can't be played in co-op?

Sounds like it's a single player game with a separate co-op part of the game.

Or... something.

MostWantedMVP
Posted (edited)
The reaction is not looking good. We need to see a lengthy gameplay video.
Edited by MostWantedMVP

Tchuck
6 hours ago, Jason said:

Disagree 100% on this. Having it related to or connected to the MCU in anyway shape or form woulda been hype killing. Like Insomniac's Spider-Man these games need to be free to do whatever their creators want, any sort of connection to films/TV is a big no-no. It's that type of thinking that has plagued Marvel games for years and now we're finally free of it and that's a great thing.

I mean, since they decided to go very close stylistically with the MCU, it would make more sense to have it more connected with MCU. That was my main point.

But they went halfway and made it look very close stylistically with the MCU, while trying to create its own story. I would much prefer they went full on either way: go MCU, or go their own way.

I imagine they could have gone the Akrham way; made heroes far more stylized. It would set them far apart from the MCU and into their own thing. That Batman and Batbale coexisted perfectly since they were drastically different.

But this? It just look like Wal-Mart's Avengers. 

Jason

Eh I don't see a problem with that my self, they went for a realistic style and that happens to match the live action MCU stuff. Don't see why the game doing that but not being connected to the MCU is a problem honestly, art style shouldn't be dictating whether or not it's connected to the MCU.

HeavyDuke

I like how they made all characters look out of shape.

Jriv

Im in the middle but really hope they have it connected to the Spider-Man game as it featured the Avengers Tower, Wakanda Embassy, Dr Strange , Defenders Easter eggs, etc. Have a MCU version of gaming. 

Jason
17 hours ago, Jriv said:

Im in the middle but really hope they have it connected to the Spider-Man game as it featured the Avengers Tower, Wakanda Embassy, Dr Strange , Defenders Easter eggs, etc. Have a MCU version of gaming. 

They've been asked if the game is connected to the PS4 Spider-Man game and they've been very coy on the answer, they haven't denied it as far as I know.

Dbzk1999

watch it while it’s still up

Not that high quality but it’s pretty much all we got

Edited by Dbzk1999

Edward Nashton

I mean, it looks okay but it's just more of what we saw of the Golden Gate bridge scene from the trailer, which looks like a heavily scripted set piece.

Dbzk1999
5 minutes ago, Edward Nashton said:

I mean, it looks okay but it's just more of what we saw of the Golden Gate bridge scene from the trailer, which looks like a heavily scripted set piece.

Yeah, that’s the first mission so it’s to be expected (Spider-Man’s first mission was the same way)More so important I feel to get a feel on the combat and differences in style between the 5 characters

Edited by Dbzk1999

Jason

Yea hard to tell from that footage what exactly is going on and like Edward said it's a heavily scripted scene. The linear SP will be fun with all the scripted/cinematic action sequences and all that but the co-op and how the powers combine is the real meat and gravy. I wanna see that stuff.

Furry_Monkey

10 years of movies, all coming to a massive conclusion with Infinity War and Endgame, leaving us all taken back by the splendour and magnificence of it all (nearly all of it, anyway).

So let's drop a pretty weak looking lengthy cut-scene with characters that look, sound and act nothing like the fore-mentioned 10 years worth of familiarity we've gained.

A big "nah" from me.  It will have to look pretty damn special when they show actual gameplay, or I'll not even be considering this until it ends up as a free monthly PS+ game.

It looks wank.

Edited by Furry_Monkey

Dbzk1999
8 hours ago, Furry_Monkey said:

So let's drop a pretty weak looking lengthy cut-scene with characters that look, sound and act nothing like the fore-mentioned 10 years worth of familiarity we've gained.

Again for this bit, this is just, interesting to me. I’ve seen people say it’s too MCU influenced, and others saying it’s too different from the MCU

Me personally? The actual art style (and character models) is clearly comic based, while certain costumes are more of a mix between comics and MCU style. Which is understandable, 60+ years of comics plus 10+ years of MCU. Also helps that we can adjust their uniforms 

Edited by Dbzk1999

Furry_Monkey
19 hours ago, Dbzk1999 said:

Again for this bit, this is just, interesting to me. I’ve seen people say it’s too MCU influenced, and others saying it’s too different from the MCU

Me personally? The actual art style (and character models) is clearly comic based, while certain costumes are more of a mix between comics and MCU style. Which is understandable, 60+ years of comics plus 10+ years of MCU. Also helps that we can adjust their uniforms 

I can see the fact that it essentially has 2 repesentations of the universe making it difficult for many people to fully accept either way the game goes.  Personally, I've never been into comics since I stopped reading the Beano, and I don't remember there being much to do with the Avengers in that :p.  I'm not the best to judge, not by a looooooooooooong shot!

You make a good point, but I think that most people who look at this game will be expecting it to look and sound like the movies.

Regardless of that though, it was a disappointing video for many reasons, and my biggest is the fact that it no gameplay, at all.  I want to see the game.  Show me the game!!