Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
      4. Frontier Pursuits
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Diamond Casino & Resort
      2. DLC
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA 6

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA IV Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA SA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA VC Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA III Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

Spicy_Biscuits

Alternate outcomes (SPOILER WARNING!!!)

Recommended Posts

Spicy_Biscuits

I’m genuinely curious as to how people think the game could have turned out if events transpired differently.

 

For example, if Sean survived the story would he be on team Arthur or team Dutch? In my own head canon he’d side with Arthur (either leaving before the final mission like the rest or dying/leaving with John in the finale) but realistically I kind of think he’d be a bit like Javier (willing to side with Dutch but he doesn’t want to kill Arthur)

 

Also if Arthur survived where would he be? What if Micah never joined the gang? All of that good stuff. Feel free to answer or ask your own questions in regards to the different ways the game could have played out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HeyThereFriend

I've wondered this to about Sean. Could go either way but ultimately I think he'd be Team Arthur, he doesn't like Micah who is really the mastermind behind Team Dutch. As reckless as Sean was, he had a head on him and I think he'd see things right.


If Micah never joined the gang wouldn't of fell as they did, for sure not as quick as they did. Micah is truly the one who destroyed the gang in 6 months. Dutch is to blame for losing his mind as well but Micah is the one that gave him that push.

 

At this point all I want to know now is what happened to Karen. I mean it's fairly obvious what very much likely happened to her but I wanna know for sure and the specifics. Yeah Tilly's note to John is something but there is nothing concrete there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SinisterRaccoon
19 minutes ago, Spicy_Biscuits said:

I’m genuinely curious as to how people think the game could have turned out if events transpired differently.

 

For example, if Sean survived the story would he be on team Arthur or team Dutch? In my own head canon he’d side with Arthur (either leaving before the final mission like the rest or dying/leaving with John in the finale) but realistically I kind of think he’d be a bit like Javier (willing to side with Dutch but he doesn’t want to kill Arthur)

 

Also if Arthur survived where would he be? What if Micah never joined the gang? All of that good stuff. Feel free to answer or ask your own questions in regards to the different ways the game could have played out.

The only thing I would have changed is I'd have kept Sean. Maybe killed Josiah.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
UnexpectedParole

Javier and Bill really owed something to Dutch, so they would side with him nearly no matter what.

He really had his hooks in them. Arthur and John had to slip the hooks. And it took a lot of work, but Dutch did it for them by abandoning them. He didn't have his hooks into Sean as far though.

 

I think the killing of Grimshaw by Micah would have placed him with Arthur and John in the last face-off if he had not rabbited away when Pearson did.  I don't think he would have run before though. At worst I think he might have gone to Arthur for permission to leave like Josiah (I think) did. But I think were he alive he would not have run before the last fiasco  the only way I'd see him not available for the last  was If Arthur had asked him to escort someone to safety due to the impending break-up (like Mary-Beth, Tilly, Karen or Abigail)  I think he would have done it despite Dutch being in charge.

 

Sean specifically made a point to call out to Pearson, Grimshaw and Arthur in his coming home speech. They were his family. He liked being an outlaw for sure, but he loved being a part of a loving group. At least that is what I got out of his bantering and behavior with everyone. Dutch didn't provide that, the group did.  I think we all agree if Charles or Sadie had been there for the choosing of sides they would have sided with Arthur- which is partly why they were elsewhere to begin with. I think Sean and Lenny would have as well, shoe on the new foot and all that.

 

I can't begin to wrap my head around the scenario where Hosea was at that choosing sides ceremony.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spicy_Biscuits
23 minutes ago, UnexpectedParole said:

Javier and Bill really owed something to Dutch, so they would side with him nearly no matter what.

He really had his hooks in them. Arthur and John had to slip the hooks. And it took a lot of work, but Dutch did it for them by abandoning them. He didn't have his hooks into Sean as far though.

 

I think the killing of Grimshaw by Micah would have placed him with Arthur and John in the last face-off if he had not rabbited away when Pearson did.  I don't think he would have run before though. At worst I think he might have gone to Arthur for permission to leave like Josiah (I think) did. But I think were he alive he would not have run before the last fiasco  the only way I'd see him not available for the last  was If Arthur had asked him to escort someone to safety due to the impending break-up (like Mary-Beth, Tilly, Karen or Abigail)  I think he would have done it despite Dutch being in charge.

 

Sean specifically made a point to call out to Pearson, Grimshaw and Arthur in his coming home speech. They were his family. He liked being an outlaw for sure, but he loved being a part of a loving group. At least that is what I got out of his bantering and behavior with everyone. Dutch didn't provide that, the group did.  I think we all agree if Charles or Sadie had been there for the choosing of sides they would have sided with Arthur- which is partly why they were elsewhere to begin with. I think Sean and Lenny would have as well, shoe on the new foot and all that.

 

I can't begin to wrap my head around the scenario where Hosea was at that choosing sides ceremony.

 

 

That Hosea one is interesting. I personally think he would have sided with Arthur in the end because there are signs in the game with Arthur and Hosea growing closer and closer up until his departure, whereas it’s evident that he’s growing further and further from Dutch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Johnnyb17

Of course Sean and Hosea would have joined Arthur. Sean loved Arthur like a big brother and Hosea was starting to see past Dutch's bullsh*t.  

 

Josiah had a family and did the right thing. And Arthur understood. Javier was the one who was put in a bad position and chose wrong. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cutter De Blanc

If Arthur had survived he would move out west to New Austin and help John build his ranch. He could have done everything Sadie did in the epilogue. Including constantly insulting John. Would have made more sense than Sadie just deciding to start being obnoxious to John for no apparent reason. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HOW'S ANNIE?

Honestly I don't think the entire last chapter, let alone the splitting of the gang, would have necessarily occurred if Hosea had survived.

 

The way I interpreted it was the Hosea had almost just as much say in how things are run as Dutch. You definitely see Dutch start to fall off the deep end at the start of Chapter 6, right after Hosea's death. He was Dutch's voice of reason. Without Hosea there he was free to carry on with his antics, which ultimately put the final nail in the coffin for the gang.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
UnexpectedParole
4 hours ago, HOW'S ANNIE? said:

Honestly I don't think the entire last chapter, let alone the splitting of the gang, would have necessarily occurred if Hosea had survived.

 

The way I interpreted it was the Hosea had almost just as much say in how things are run as Dutch. You definitely see Dutch start to fall off the deep end at the start of Chapter 6, right after Hosea's death. He was Dutch's voice of reason. Without Hosea there he was free to carry on with his antics, which ultimately put the final nail in the coffin for the gang.

That's why I can't wrap my head around the scenario.

I can see it happening with anyone else at all 'still' there. Sean, Kieren, Karen, Pearson, Sadie, Davey. Etc.

 

But Hosea? Nope, I can't construct the narrative that gets us to this point for the same scenario if he's alive.

The gang could have and might still have split. I see that. Especially from the mission where Arthur has to side with Dutch against Hosea to agree to do it. Was that the revenge mission on Bronte?

It just would not have been Team Micah vs Team Arthur.

 

It would have been Hosea with Arthur as his 2nd in command vs Dutch with Micah as his second. A walk off group taking Dutch up on his assertion that no-one was forced to stay.

 

Hosea, Arthur, John, Abigail&Jack,  Sadie, Charles and (Lenny/Sean/Kieren) most likely. Tilly and Mary-Beth too maybe. Karen maybe just to split with Grimshaw who I sadly would want to stay with Dutch. But actually maybe not. I could hear an argument for Pearson going with Hosea too, he obviously had no serious need to stay with Dutch.

 

Maybe the splinter would be all the non-combatants with Hosea. Micah wanted to cut the dead meat anyway. Maybe Javier, Bill Dutch and Micah could go with Cleet and the other fellow and carry on that path. Dutch could then latch onto the indian braves and start down that path a bit sooner. ??

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shadowfennekin

Sean, Lenny, Karen, and Kieren would have sided with Arthur, no doubt about it at all!

If Hosea lived, the group likely would have parted ways albeit more peacefully, with Hosea trying to push the members who're with him into having decent lives. With John leaving with Abigal and Jack to have a honest life, Karen and Sean go off together somewhere, Josiah's back with his family and no longer wants anything to do with the criminal lifestyle, Lenny goes off somewhere and settles down, everybody apart from Hosea(Who probably died naturally) return in the epilogue and help John build his ranch. But when Micah shows up again and threatens Abigal and Jack, John can't stand for it and he and Arthur go put that bastard down together!

 

Arthur and Sadie probably develop a start of a romance as well, I see them living together somewhere to explain why Arthur wasn't around anymore

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 2 Users Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.