2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

Missile rework idea as an attempt to balance the Opressor and other "special" vehicles)

Mr.Makovsky

Mr.Makovsky

I'm new around here but I am fairly confident most people will agree that the Oppressor Mk2 is cancer when attempting to do anything in freeroam. And from what I gathered, before that other weaponized super cars like the Deluxo or Vigilante held that spot. There are a combination of factors what makes these vehicles so infuriating to deal with but a common thread is homing missiles.

What I propose replaceing the "lock onto everything" missiles on these types of vehicles. Military vehicles such as Attack Helicopters, Fighter Jets APCs etc. would retain them but the "super vehicles" would have their missiles split up into 2 separate mutually exclusive types.

1. Dumb Fire rockets: Pretty straight forward. Missile flies where you point them, no lock on feature. These would require actual skill to use and as compensation they could be made a bit more powerful than the current homing missiles.

2. Heat Seekers: Instead of full power lock on missiles these would be small fast rockets that automatically follow heat sources without the need to establish a lock first. All you would need to do is aim in the general direction of the target. What constitutes a heat source? A plane or Helicopter with it's engine on, a car/bike that just used a rocket boost, an airborne Oppressor MK2 or Deluxo, something on fire (duh) or flares. Missiles would NOT lock to cars or bikes unless they are using a rocket boos or are on fire.

The missiles would not do a lot of damage and would easily lose lock if avoided or flares are used but they would also detonate in proximity to a heat source.The general idea would be to fire many of them to whittle down an aircraft with blast damage like with a flak gun. The damage would that something big and sturdy like a Bombushka could tank a fair bit of hits (Avenger could probably just ignore it), A standard plane or attack helicopter would take a few hits before catching fire, light Helicopters like the Buzzard or Police choppers would be vulnerable to these due to being light and having the occupants quite exposed and an Opressor MK2 or boosting Mk1.....well the vehicle might take a hit without instantly exploding but the driver is completely exposed. Though on a direct hit to a car they would only kill the more fragile ones. Light armor (like the Kuruma or Duke'o'Death) and durable unarmored cars (Trucks, large Offroaders etc.) coudl take heavy damage or even catch on fire but not instantly explode.

This way these vehicles would still have something going for them in terms of firepower without completely ruining the game for everyone. Also it would make practical sense to use a Helicopter or Jet over an Oppressor or Deluxo.

Heatseekers could also be added as options to other vehicles like the AA Trailer or APC. Perhaps as a secondary to replace the grenade launcher on the Terrorbyte, MOC and TM-02.

Perhaps even a handheld launcher could be added to Ammu-Nation. Maybe in the form of a M202A1 or similar (I know the real thing isn't an AA weapon, the in-game homing launcher is based on the Stinger and THAT isn't an Anti-Tank weapon either)?

latest?cb=20181025191943

My simple suggestion for this issue is to simply nerf the tracking of ALL homing missiles in the game to the standard level of tracking, which you can find in the Buzzard...Exception to the rule being the Chernobog, AA trailer and Terrorbyte, as these are dedicated anti-air vehicles and as such deserves to have the best missiles.

Everything else gets nerfed, including the homing rocket launcher...This way you will give a better chance for regular aircrafts like the Maverick, Cuban 800, Frogger, etc... To evade missiles.

Edited by Pedinhuh
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Pedinhuh said:

My simple suggestion for this issue is to simply nerf the tracking of ALL homing missiles in the game to the standard level of tracking, which you can find in the Buzzard...Exception to the rule being the Chernobog, AA trailer and Terrorbyte, as these are dedicated anti-air vehicles and as such deserves to have the best missiles.

Everything else gets nerfed, including the homing rocket launcher...This way you will give a better chance for regular aircrafts like the Maverick, Cuban 800, Frogger, etc... To evade missiles.

Why would you want to nerf the homing rocket launcher? that thing literally sucks, it's so easy to outmaneuver. I disagree on that but as for the rest of what you said I say yes.

Marciliojunior01

Nerf only the opressor, high tracking missiles made missions way quicker and if only ground vehicles can have it like ruiner stromberg and scramjet i have no issues. 

3 hours ago, MARINA said:

Why would you want to nerf the homing rocket launcher? that thing literally sucks, it's so easy to outmaneuver. I disagree on that but as for the rest of what you said I say yes.

You can't evade them with anything in terms of manuverability that isn't a Buzzard and beyond, this includes the Maverick, Annihilator, Frogger, Cuban 800, Velum...Even the BUzzard can only pull it off with some timing and mastery.

2 hours ago, Marciliojunior01 said:

Nerf only the opressor, high tracking missiles made missions way quicker and if only ground vehicles can have it like ruiner stromberg and scramjet i have no issues. 

I'm sorry but that would just swift the META to another vehicle like the Deluxo or the Vigilante...the nerf has to be accross the board if we really want to see this game being changed for the better.

Marciliojunior01
10 hours ago, Pedinhuh said:

I'm sorry but that would just swift the META to another vehicle like the Deluxo or the Vigilante...the nerf has to be accross the board if we really want to see this game being changed for the better.

Well both the deluxo and vigilante are really easy to take down, specially in auto aim lobbys. I think the balance the game had before the opressor mk2 was fine, and going back to that state would be more than perfect in my oppinion. 

I acknowledge that flying on a cuban or annihilator is impossible because they are too slow to dodge anything, but there are very cheap planes like the howard that can get the job done, so i don't see why flying on these unless is a personal preference. 

2 hours ago, Marciliojunior01 said:

I acknowledge that flying on a cuban or annihilator is impossible because they are too slow to dodge anything, but there are very cheap planes like the howard that can get the job done, so i don't see why flying on these unless is a personal preference. 

CEO and MC business sales.

Marciliojunior01
18 minutes ago, Pedinhuh said:

CEO and MC business sales.

I dont sell ceo in public lobbys, so i can't say for sure to which extent you are right, however, if no flying vehicles have high tracking missiles apart from the deluxo (which is the speed of a bombushka) you will be safe if not flying too low. But i can definitively see where you coming from.