2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus or tools. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
bb292

How come there are no kids in GTA 5?

bb292

Why are there no kids in GTA 5? There are evil kids in movies and games, but not in GTA 5. Don't you think it is less realistic in this way?

Pedinhuh

It is less realistic, sure...But they aren't even needed anyway.

Put any kids in this game and you bet there will be sick assholes going on a killing spree targeting them, it's a videogame so why not? look at how many folks go out their own way to kill Jimmy

Plus, R* likes controversy...But not THAT much of controversy

Ondr4H

Well thats great, I mean Im not too sick to kill chidrens or animals.

Childrens are too pure to be in game like GTA.And I think same goes for animals.

There are teenagers that like bashing me for walking or standing, so these are true evil...

bb292

Nevertheless... You can play GTA 5 without breaking the law... for developers could be a nice window into the players's souls... but I am going dark, isn't it?

Soggy biscuits
Posted (edited)

This is a retarded post. Killing kids is f*cked up, why is this even a question and why would u want them in the game? For it to be "MoRe ReAliStIC"? Grow a brain.

Either way the game is f*cked up. Killing adults, killing kids, there is a difference, but not that much of a difference. Adding kids would bring a lot of hate to the game, but as I said, killing minors and baby's who are crying and sh*t was an automatic weapon, it's way too much for anyone to handle.

Edited by Soggy biscuits

El Penguin Bobo

The entire franchise has already grown a lot of controversy for many reasons such as the fact that you can steal a car, kill anyone on sight, or the fact that you can literally break into a military base to steal a jet, I don't think R* wants to get their whole company shut down because some sicko killed a kid in their game with a machete.

To answer your question, it will just raise A LOT of controversy, I mean, you could already kill animals in the game, that's messed up enough, lol.

D9fred95

I won't be happy until I can do this in a GTA game:

Cjrememberthat

Well i donno how a problem it is to kill kids, not sayin i want to, i never attack anyone unless they attack me, all i'm sayin is what's makin killing kids worse than killin innocent cops in heists, its a game anyway

gtafaninwest

Blame the soccer moms.

Ondr4H
Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, Cjrememberthat said:

Well i donno how a problem it is to kill kids, not sayin i want to, i never attack anyone unless they attack me, all i'm sayin is what's makin killing kids worse than killin innocent cops in heists, its a game anyway

There are kids in RDR2, but Rockstar is self aware enough to make them invincible.

GTA is for me game version of hollywood gangster or action movie flicks.And thats great and only way to keep things going for long date.

Imagine that hate and youtube videos like "1-hour children killing spree montages" .Internet community is sick enough to make this happen...And keep in mind, that there can be sickos that tried this in real life.History taught a lot.

I sometimes have problems to do killing spree in HD era for fun, I mean I never had problems in 3D era because it looks kinda goofy and cartoony(Except Bringing the house down in LCS, that is sick mission). But in HD, I dont feel comfortable. I enjoy exploring city in GTA V like real human, not some crazy kill on sight psycho.

Edited by Ondr4H

ThatKyloRenGuy
Posted (edited)

It’s NOT just GTA 5 where there’s no kids. There’s not a single kid in the entire GTA franchise! The reason they don’t have any children in GTA games is because people like Jack Thompson and Jim Steyer would probably have a legit heart attack upon finding out. Serious question to the OP: have you ever played any GTA titles other than 5? I don’t mean to be rude or anything but your avatar as well as your thread makes me think just a tiny bit otherwise..

Edited by ThatKyloRenGuy

tranceking26

Why would anybody wanna grenade a kid?

The baby is in cutscenes that's about as far as they'll go. And rightly so.

Cjrememberthat
Posted (edited)

To be honest, i liked killing every breathing thing and chopping peds bodies' parts with m16 in old titles(vice city and gta3) for no reason when i was 8-9.Now it looks horrible and pointless to me(like really, what kinda person likes killin for no reason).But i remember i ran over a random girl and killed her by an accident or somethin in VC(i was a little kid again), i cannot explain how horrible i felt, my brain stopped for a few minutes and i kept lookin her corpse.Now i understand its just a game but i understand something else too that not everyone can look at it the way we do even after all the years in gaming, but people should understand for real, ITS NOT REAL LIFE.

Edited by Cjrememberthat

Zello

I don't like dealing with kids in real life. I don't want to deal with them when I play games.

tranceking26
2 hours ago, Zello said:

I don't like dealing with kids in real life. I don't want to deal with them when I play games.

Best not visit GTA Online then ;)

SonOfLiberty

Children will never be peds. While it would be a lot more realistic R* wont do it simply because of the hot water it would put them in and it's why other developers don't do it either. The closest thing we'll get to children outside of cutscenes is young Jack Marston in RDR2 where you can see him around camp.

Aquamaniac
20 hours ago, SonOfLiberty said:

Children will never be peds. While it would be a lot more realistic R* wont do it simply because of the hot water it would put them in and it's why other developers don't do it either. The closest thing we'll get to children outside of cutscenes is young Jack Marston in RDR2 where you can see him around camp.

Actually in TV series I have never seen children walking around in cities like New York or LA, maybe there are simply too expensive as background actors, but I considered the absence of children in GTA never as unnatural or unrealistic.

UndeadPotat0

Idk. Something about the game having the option to kill people on a whim presumably. Just a thought. 

Timcatgt5

I don't know what is worse: killing a child by any means, or non lethally taking down a child, and doing God knows what with the unconscious body, or somebody else would do with them. 

As a pacifist, I would do neither, unless I act in self defense. Then I'd leave the unconscious body in a safe place to be rescued by the good guys. 

Tranquilizer darts for the next GTA? Sure thing. Would like to clean out a police station, with no bloodshed or bullets, and an office full of sleeping cops. 

Helegad
On 5/29/2019 at 3:53 AM, D9fred95 said:

I won't be happy until I can do this in a GTA game:

The inclusion of children in Fallout and Fallout 2 is right in line with the tone of the those games. They are misanthropic and nihilistic beyond measure, and if you *do* choose to kill children, you'll still face severe consequences for those actions. Grand Theft Auto is a whole different ball game, and children running around for detail (read: cannon fodder) would seriously clash with the action-adventure style, much like the bizarre "kill me" women in Duke Nukem 3D.

D9fred95
13 hours ago, Helegad said:

-Snip-

My post was tongue-in-cheek but whatev's.

Helegad
14 hours ago, D9fred95 said:

My post was tongue-in-cheek but whatev's.

Yeah I wasn't commenting on your edgy meme sh*t, but bringing up Fallout and Fallout 2 is still a valid comparison on a broad scope that they're both violent open world video games.

AirWolf359
Posted (edited)

there's plenty of kids around in gta 5, most of them are online and can be recognized by bulletproof helmets, white hair, red eyes and face tattoos

edit: forgot the rebreather/ gas mask

Edited by AirWolf359

AmigaMix

Bringing up Fallout 1/2 is fair, I think, seeing as both Fallout and Grand Theft Auto are extremely edgy franchises.

One could make the point that GTA is even more edgy than Fallout, what with it's glorification of violent, criminal lifestyles (disregarding IV and maybe VCS).

Barely (or not at all) portraying "innocent" people (like children) as victims of reckless criminal behaviour is extremely dishonest.

Funnily enough, Saints Row 2 (which often gets ridiculed for being a "silly GTA-knockoff") actually did it quite right...

The Boss is shown to be a particular vile example of a power hungry sociopath (not unlike Tommy Vercetti, of course most people prefer to call him a "Bad Ass"),

who has no problem using, for example, hostesses as human shields, or disfiguring/crippling a tattoo artist for having the audacity to associate with his enemies.

The game even goes as far as to call him out for his complete lack of morals.

If we take a look at the 1983 version of Scarface (which "inspired" Grand Theft Auto immensely), and take in consideration how much Dan Houser took it (intentionally(?)) at face value,

the collective cognitive dissonance gets even more blatant.

Yinepi
Posted (edited)
On 5/28/2019 at 3:06 AM, Pedinhuh said:

It is less realistic, sure...But they aren't even needed anyway.

Put any kids in this game and you bet there will be sick assholes going on a killing spree targeting them, it's a videogame so why not? look at how many folks go out their own way to kill Jimmy

Plus, R* likes controversy...But not THAT much of controversy

This post seems contradictory. If it's a video game then why not add them? I think we're past the point of being safe from controversy when GTA is relying on shock factor and adding things like interactive torture where we smash a guy in the testicles with a pipe wrench.

Kids now are coddled way too much. it'd be nice for Rockstar to parody that more than just a steroid military guy on the radio in GTAV.

Edited by Yinepi

Aquamaniac
On 6/8/2019 at 7:03 AM, Helegad said:

The inclusion of children in Fallout and Fallout 2 is right in line with the tone of the those games. They are misanthropic and nihilistic beyond measure, and if you *do* choose to kill children, you'll still face severe consequences for those actions. Grand Theft Auto is a whole different ball game, and children running around for detail (read: cannon fodder) would seriously clash with the action-adventure style, much like the bizarre "kill me" women in Duke Nukem 3D.

The German version hat it removed, a GTA with children likely might be banned in various countries, as far as I know Australia is a country that bans video games too from time to time, so does UK.

billiejoearmstrong8
6 hours ago, Yinepi said:

This post seems contradictory. If it's a video game then why not add them? I think we're past the point of being safe from controversy when GTA is relying on shock factor and adding things like interactive torture where we smash a guy in the testicles with a pipe wrench.

Kids now are coddled way too much. it'd be nice for Rockstar to parody that more than just a steroid military guy on the radio in GTAV.

There was a point to the torture scene though, it was very much shown to be an evil act, had an anti-torture message, brought up interesting questions about how killing/hurting people in video games can feel very different depending on how it's depicted, and wasn't taken lightly. A mission/story where it was somehow relevant for kids to be involved could possibly work if it was done correctly, but just having kids around to murder for fun isn't comparable. 

I think GTA has never been about just showing as many and as extreme controversial things as it can just for the sake of it. Just being as violent and extreme as possible isn't what GTA is, it's more intelligent than that. There's many reasons not to include certain things like kids other than just censorship/sales etc, it's more about the style and integrity of the game. The default isn't and never has been to just mindlessly include every shocking thing they can get away with just because they can.

Yinepi
Posted (edited)

I never felt the torture scene had a purpose honestly. It felt like Rockstar were trying to hard to send a message and felt a little out of place in a game that has an otherwise lighthearted approach. After the mission when driving Mr. K to the airport Rockstar had Trevor create a monologue about how torture is wrong and that part was completely out of character for Trevor. Trevor is a man that eats human stew, but somehow torture is beneath him? ...No, no, no I'm not buying it. Overall the delivery of it felt more like shock factor than anything with real substance.

They should've had Michael or Franklin deliver that monologue as it's more in line with their persona and would been more believable.

Edited by Yinepi

TheSantader25
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Yinepi said:

I never felt the torture scene had a purpose honestly. It felt like Rockstar were trying to hard to send a message and felt a little out of place in a game that has an otherwise lighthearted approach. After the mission when driving Mr. K to the airport Rockstar had Trevor create a monologue about how torture is wrong and that part was completely out of character for Trevor. Trevor is a man that eats human stew, but somehow torture is beneath him? ...No, no, no I'm not buying it. Overall the delivery of it felt more like shock factor than anything with real substance.

They should've had Michael or Franklin deliver that monologue as it's more in line with their persona and would been more believable.

Not really. Trevor is violent bastard but one thing they demonstrated a lot with him is how aware he is about sh*tty government practices. He makes a lot of statements throughout the game when it comes to the government and this one is just another one of those.

I always felt although GTA V looks light hearted at surface, it seems like a bitter fairytale at heart which is darker than it actually looks like. 

Edited by TheSantader25