Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
      4. Frontier Pursuits
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Diamond Casino & Resort
      2. DLC
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA 6

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA IV Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA SA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA VC Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA III Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

linkinforever

[ GTA V ] GIMS for 3dsmax 2017 - 2020

Recommended Posts

linkinforever
Posted (edited)

Hi , I had lot of requests about GIMS for 3ds max 2016+ , Well here we go I fixed it.

 

Tested on 3dsmax 2018 and 2020 and it works fine.

 

 

Fixes :

- "Shared Core" Error on startup

- "Utilities Missed" Error on startup

- "Can't find resources" Error on Importing

- NinjaRipper and Max Payne 3 Fixed too.

- .Net GUI Issues on start up

- "Run-Time" error on Exporting

- "Run-Time" error on material converting

 

 

Shots :

Startup

A.jpg

 

Importing

B.jpg

 

Material Editing

C.jpg

 

Creating GTA Objects

D.jpg

 

Exporting

E.jpg

 

 

 

Download Link :

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=00086192853612613946

Or Click Here.

 

Freezing Fixed Version :

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=02588146067631439730

 

How to Install :

1. Copy _3dsmaxroot data to 3ds max root like 'C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2018'

2. Copy _local to 'C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local'

3. After launching max for materials you can pick folder is in _local\GIMS\MaterialData I put last version of them there.

 

 

WARNING :

I did not change any code of main core and other parts , I only fixed error parts caused by new version of 3ds max...

But GIMS randomly freeze on tab switching for 2- 5 minutes , it has no error and will be fine after a while.

I tried to find why it goes frozen but original developer made a real mess with his coding [ sorry 3Doomer :D ]

Whatever it is , I believe it's becuz of GUI changes made in 3dsmax 2018 and .Net UI when 3Doomer used Old methods to create GIMS UI.

Btw , It works fine and I tested on other systems and just two of them had this issue and one of them was fine.

 

 

UPDATE 2 :

Freezing Issue fixed by tuxick .

 

Attention  :

The version is uploaded is the last version uploaded in OpenIV and found on this froum , I WILL NOT UPDATE newer versions but

I left the GIMS SOURCE OPEN so anybody can dig into it and find out what changes I've made and if you can fix freezing issue be my guest.

 


 

Have Fun :)

 

 

 

 

Edited by linkinforever

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
linkinforever

Nice job bro , I put your link in main post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MrGeorayman200
GIMS EVO completely refuses to appear in the utilities menu.
I come from France sorry for my weak English.
 
 
 
 
 

I use 3ds MAX 2020

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jax765

Does this version happen to fix this issue with ped facial expressions when you swap heads around? Used the attach tool in 3DS Max to replace the vanilla police head with another one, and in-game, his expressions look glitched.

GTA5_2019_06_13_13_47_04_364.png

GTA5_2019_06_13_13_47_02_015.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MARK2580

I tried on two different computers on 3ds max 2018. On both the same thing, it just eats up a large amount of RAM and does not import anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cosmo619

Is there a reason why exporting would take so much longer on this version? I tried it on 3ds Max 2017 and it was taking ~5 minutes, or more, per prop. It usually only took me a few seconds with the previous version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ze-Krush
On 6/13/2019 at 5:16 PM, Cosmo619 said:

Is there a reason why exporting would take so much longer on this version? I tried it on 3ds Max 2017 and it was taking ~5 minutes, or more, per prop. It usually only took me a few seconds with the previous version.

Having the same issue using 3ds max 2017, franklin's default eyes took about 5-10 minutes to import, and it took nearly 20 minutes to export

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pr0trikk

3ds max 2020 here. Everything takes super long to import and when I tried exporting clothing model my pc froze after 15 minutes of export (in this time it should already be exported)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
manul
Posted (edited)

Same here with 2018, it takes ages to import/export something. The speed is like a polygon per minute or so. One time I managed somehow to get it to normal, but didn't figure out how, and it only lasted untill i restarted 3ds max

Edited by manul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ShablomiStudios

Does this work anymore? I'm trying it but I still get the Shared Core Error

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
UnboundGodz

Anyone know why it takes forever to import/export YBN(OBN) and YDR(OBR) files!?! Using GIMS on 3ds Max 2020. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Faithfullfaun

Takes forever to import

And this was only a pair of earrings

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lucidies

This doesnt even work for me at all. It gives me a black screen and i cant do anything.

all i wanted was gta5 models.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mheetu
Posted (edited)

Thanks! 👍 Doesn't work in 2019.0 due to a bug with registering event handlers in a struct, but works in 2019.3... however, it's extremely slow compared to 2016. I'd recommend anyone using it just stick with 3DSM 2016 until there's a better alternative.

Edited by Mheetu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
elmentor
On 8/5/2019 at 8:47 PM, Mheetu said:

Thanks! 👍 Doesn't work in 2019.0 due to a bug with registering event handlers in a struct, but works in 2019.3... however, it's extremely slow compared to 2016. I'd recommend anyone using it just stick with 3DSM 2016 until there's a better alternative.

I would love to have the great 2016 version of 3dsmax, but I downloaded yesterday from their website and the only older version they offer is the 2017 .  So where would you get the 2016 version ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stochastic_Hegemony

It used to take something like 15 minutes for import and 15 minutes for export using this version for me with 3ds 2017. I fixed it by commenting out specific error-checking parts of the source. If you are having extra long lead times let me know, we can test where the slowdown is at and maybe fix it. It now takes 1 minute at most for import/export using complex .odr models with textures for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sn0wsh00
13 hours ago, Stochastic_Hegemony said:

It used to take something like 15 minutes for import and 15 minutes for export using this version for me with 3ds 2017. I fixed it by commenting out specific error-checking parts of the source. If you are having extra long lead times let me know, we can test where the slowdown is at and maybe fix it. It now takes 1 minute at most for import/export using complex .odr models with textures for me.

Do you think you can share your script with us? I assume you edited GIMS.ms to reduce the load time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Headshots_Ops
14 hours ago, Stochastic_Hegemony said:

It used to take something like 15 minutes for import and 15 minutes for export using this version for me with 3ds 2017. I fixed it by commenting out specific error-checking parts of the source. If you are having extra long lead times let me know, we can test where the slowdown is at and maybe fix it. It now takes 1 minute at most for import/export using complex .odr models with textures for me.

Thanks for sharing this, luckily we now have the opensource version so we can improve things ourselves

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stochastic_Hegemony
Posted (edited)
On 8/10/2019 at 12:38 PM, sn0wsh00 said:

Do you think you can share your script with us? I assume you edited GIMS.ms to reduce the load time.

you can try these replacement GIMS files:

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=68402496967601330074

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=17474933064283915865

 

I've made a new manual install package, download it here:

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=60708389627967159666

 

Hopefully this will help simplify installation for people. This version does not create a log.

 

One set goes in shared, the other in GTA V. Start with a simple .odr to confirm it is working properly then test whatever files you are having a problem with. It should create a log file under c:\Log\ called Format. *edit: you need to create the Format.ms file - you can use notepad for this.

 

You may have to create the log folder yourself prior to running. What I did was slap some timestamp() everywhere to time the duration of specific functions. I then went in and commented out the code that was taking too long. The functions I got so far include fn StructFromScene and fn StructFromFile in MAXFactory.ms as well as fn CreateMesh in Core.ms. The parts I commented out do not cause crashes but are very very slow for reasons I cannot explain.

 

I know that there are other parts of the code that are extremely slow, but it takes time to pinpoint where the problem is located. If you experience problems with the files above, let me know what file you are importing/exporting, send me the log (it writes to log after you close 3ds only), or send me the files and I will test it out.

 

August 18 Edit: I have updated the files with a newer version that should fix skinning issues. This needs further testing. Please test.

 

September 7 Edit: I made a reworked manual install package.

Oct 16 Edit: More changes.

Edited by Stochastic_Hegemony
Updated Files - again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sn0wsh00

Thanks for the scripts Stochastic_Hegemony! I'm using 3ds Max 2020 and importing .odd files is a lot faster now. Exporting stuff is still a little slow, though.

 

You should also mention that users need to create a blank Format.ms file inside the log folder for your script to work.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stochastic_Hegemony
52 minutes ago, sn0wsh00 said:

Thanks for the scripts Stochastic_Hegemony! I'm using 3ds Max 2020 and importing .odd files is a lot faster now. Exporting stuff is still a little slow, though.

 

You should also mention that users need to create a blank Format.ms file inside the log folder for your script to work.

 

 

Ah okay, I'll edit my post. It should create the file if it doesn't exist. Post the .odd file and I will test it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sn0wsh00
Quote

Post the .odd file and I will test it out.

I've been trying to replace a female freemode (mp_f_freemode_01) head and hair with Agatha Baker's head and hair using Thedrivercat's rigging pedestrian tutorial. Head_000_r exports pretty quickly, but 3ds Max 2020 takes a while to create the new hair_000_u.odd. You can find the hair_000_u by searching for csb_agatha.ydd.

 

Also, not sure if it's your script, but when I try to attach Agatha's head to mp_f_freemode_01 using Thedrivercat's aforementioned tutorial, along with this tutorial, Agatha's head is rotated backwards. Anyone have any idea what causes this problem? The head looks properly rotated in 3ds Max

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
meRadioActive

Thank you for the tools guys! Exporting still very slow - shows GIMS not responding! Importing is awesome fast with the new files though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sn0wsh00

I finally figured out how to solve the the flipped head issue. After attaching your replacement head onto your existing head and deleting the existing head, click on the select and rotate button, go to Reset XForm, click on your head mesh, press F12 and make sure the z value under Absolute:World is -180 when facing forward. If z is 0, click on "reset selected," which will in turn set the z-value to -180.

 

While my replacement head is facing the correct direction, though, I now have a new problem: my head is now partially floating on top of my body. Swapping out the head_000_r.skel file created by GIMS with a renamed mp_f_freemode_01.skel file doesn't solve this problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stochastic_Hegemony
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, sn0wsh00 said:

I finally figured out how to solve the the flipped head issue. After attaching your replacement head onto your existing head and deleting the existing head, click on the select and rotate button, go to Reset XForm, click on your head mesh, press F12 and make sure the z value under Absolute:World is -180 when facing forward. If z is 0, click on "reset selected," which will in turn set the z-value to -180.

 

While my replacement head is facing the correct direction, though, I now have a new problem: my head is now partially floating on top of my body. Swapping out the head_000_r.skel file created by GIMS with a renamed mp_f_freemode_01.skel file doesn't solve this problem.

That's great (ish) news. Looks like either a transform issue (wrong x,y,z origin) or could be a bone issue where the head is no longer attached to the other skeleton bones. I don't do peds so unfortunately I won't be much help here. I imported both agatha and the head model at once in 3ds and I note that they don't line up at all, the head floats above agatha similar to what you've shown. Make sure when you move the model that you move the object pivot along with it.

 

17 hours ago, meRadioActive said:

Thank you for the tools guys! Exporting still very slow - shows GIMS not responding! Importing is awesome fast with the new files though!

In other news I've isolated two pieces of code that take 9 minutes and 8.25 minutes on export of head_000_r so we are getting closer. Edit: I found the issue, it's the texture loading funciton. When there is no texture file found it will hang for 13 minutes per missing texture. I fixed it for sn0wsh00 by exporting all textures csb_agatha.ytd. I also duplicated one of the textures and renamed it "givemechecker" and placed it in the root csb_agatha folder because it was looking for that texture but I no matching file. Now exports in less than 3 minutes. This is a temporary work around until I can figure out how to more gracefully handle missing textures. 

 

@meRadioActive are texture files missing on import? If so, try search these textures in openIV and do not export without them or export w/o textures by explicitly removing references to them in 3ds/GIMS.

Edited by Stochastic_Hegemony

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
meRadioActive
6 hours ago, Stochastic_Hegemony said:

 

@meRadioActive are texture files missing on import? If so, try search these textures in openIV and do not export without them or export w/o textures by explicitly removing references to them in 3ds/GIMS.

Yes, that's the issue - I had a feeling that it might be the reason. I am pretty new to this, but I thought it's ok to export with missing textures since GTA references the textures and libraries to use for the model. I'll try to remove the textures or I'll try to some how get the missing textures in the folder! Thank you for what you all are doing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stochastic_Hegemony
On 8/5/2019 at 2:47 PM, Mheetu said:

Thanks! 👍 Doesn't work in 2019.0 due to a bug with registering event handlers in a struct, but works in 2019.3... however, it's extremely slow compared to 2016. I'd recommend anyone using it just stick with 3DSM 2016 until there's a better alternative.

 

On 7/25/2019 at 1:56 PM, Faithfullfaun said:

Takes forever to import

And this was only a pair of earrings

 

On 7/17/2019 at 8:40 PM, UnboundGodz said:

Anyone know why it takes forever to import/export YBN(OBN) and YDR(OBR) files!?! Using GIMS on 3ds Max 2020. 

 

On 7/4/2019 at 1:29 PM, manul said:

Same here with 2018, it takes ages to import/export something. The speed is like a polygon per minute or so. One time I managed somehow to get it to normal, but didn't figure out how, and it only lasted untill i restarted 3ds max

 

On 6/23/2019 at 11:21 AM, Pr0trikk said:

3ds max 2020 here. Everything takes super long to import and when I tried exporting clothing model my pc froze after 15 minutes of export (in this time it should already be exported)

 

On 6/23/2019 at 11:19 AM, Ze-Krush said:

Having the same issue using 3ds max 2017, franklin's default eyes took about 5-10 minutes to import, and it took nearly 20 minutes to export

 

On 6/13/2019 at 5:16 PM, Cosmo619 said:

Is there a reason why exporting would take so much longer on this version? I tried it on 3ds Max 2017 and it was taking ~5 minutes, or more, per prop. It usually only took me a few seconds with the previous version.

 

On 6/13/2019 at 4:54 PM, MARK2580 said:

I tried on two different computers on 3ds max 2018. On both the same thing, it just eats up a large amount of RAM and does not import anything.

Please feel free to try again with the edited version of the script files I posted earlier. I would appreciate your feedback to see if things are better or not. Watch out for textures on export, it is required to have them all present, otherwise it will take forever. You should be told what textures are missing on import. Thank you.

17 hours ago, meRadioActive said:

Yes, that's the issue - I had a feeling that it might be the reason. I am pretty new to this, but I thought it's ok to export with missing textures since GTA references the textures and libraries to use for the model. I'll try to remove the textures or I'll try to some how get the missing textures in the folder! Thank you for what you all are doing!

It should be ok to export without textures in a reasonable time. I will investigate the object handling function in further detail. Unfortunately that means testing a few things and that will take time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sn0wsh00
Posted (edited)

Good and bad news everyone!

 

The bad news is that I don't think Stochastic_Hegemony's edited GIMS Evo is exporting correctly :( Unfortunately, it seems I have to use the GIMS files posted by linkinforever for my models to export correctly.

 

The good news is that now, with linkinforever's GIMS files, I've finally managed to port Agatha's head and hair onto mp_f_freemode_01! Also, without any missing textures, exporting hair_000_r takes place pretty quickly, indicating that most of the hold up in GIMS Evo for 3ds Max 2016+ comes down to missing textures. Hopefully we can get an updated GIMS Evo script that won't throw a hissy if we're missing textures.

 

Here's how to rigged Agatha's head onto mp_f_freemode_01:

  • Using OpenIV, I exported mp_f_freemode_01's uppr_015_r, head_000_r and hair_000_u ydd files as .odd files. Then I copied the head_000_r.skel file that OpenIV created to the same folder as hair_000_u.odd and rename that skeleton file as hair_000_r FULL.skel. Afterwords, I imported those .odd files with GIMS Evo
  • Next, I imported csb_agatha.odd in 3ds Max and resized Agatha's hair and head to fit onto mp_f_freemode_01
  • Then, following Thedrivercat's tutorial, I attached Agatha's head and hair onto mp_f_freemode_01's head_000_r and hair_000_u models and deleted the original model.
  • After attaching Agatha's head, I went to Modify -> Skin and enabled Edit Envelopes
  • Under bones, I removed all bones except for SKEL_Head and SKEL_Spine3. This removes all the facial bones unfortunately. Loading saved clothes in Simple Trainer also messes up the head.
  • Now you have to edit envelopes for SKEL_head and SKEL_Spine3. For the neck and base, I weighed those vertices to Skel_Spine3. For the head, I weighed the vertices to SKEL_head. This is how my envelopes ended up looking like in 3ds Max 2020: SKEL_head Skel_Spine3
  • For Agatha's hair, I went back to Edit Envelopes and made sure the hair had SKEL_Head as its bone, and that the Abs. effect value for all the hair vertices were set to 1.0. In other words, the whole hair appeared red when I selected SKEL_head while edit envelopes was active.
  • Afterwards, I exported head_000_r and hair_000_u and ported the odd file into GTA V using OpenIV. In the ODR files, I also made sure the texture files had a .otx extension at the end of the texture name. For example, inside head_000_r, I make sure the value for BumpSampler is "head_normal_000.otx" (without the quotation marks), as opposed to just "head_normal_000"

 

Now, for some screeshots of the head swap:

cjOAtCm.jpg

mPdbxth.jpg

pB4Jjbz.jpg

Zq7UPmM.jpg

khPV63y.jpg

 

Download:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=13X6YKEZWD726J8JyZ3cRh7p78UhKhkmn

 

To install, drag all the files inside x64v into mods\x64v.rpf\models\cdimages\streamedpeds_mp.rpf\mp_f_freemode_01,  drag all the files inside patchday4ng into mods\update\x64\dlcpacks\patchday4ng\dlc.rpf\x64\models\cdimages\patchday4ng.rpf\mp_f_freemode_01 and drag all files inside mppatches into mods\update\x64\dlcpacks\mppatchesng\dlc.rpf\x64\models\cdimages\mppatches.rpf\mp_f_freemode_01

 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1PklDMlDjS6v3v1QWngkYdWLa85_ynRel

 

To install, extract the agatha_head_freemode folder into mods\update\x64\dlcpacks. Then, go to mods\update\update.rpf\common\data\dlclist.xml and add the following line:

<Item>dlcpacks:/agatha_head_freemode/</Item>

 

This DLC modifies x64v.rpf, patchday4ng.rpf and mppatches.rpf

 

 

Edited by sn0wsh00
new download

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.