2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

does anyone prefer RDR1 over the second?

7th Ward Charizard

IndianaLiam1
On 7/1/2020 at 7:11 PM, brain_bank said:

Rdr2 is better, as it was released in 2018 with better graphics, physics, and gameplay. Rdr1s story was better imo. But it sucks that u can’t cheat at poker, and since u can’t cheat at poker u can’t challenge someone to a duel, and there’s not unlimited bounties. Also, no story dlc. I really want undead nightmare 2 :(

Nah, RDR Uno had that same cool version of Euphoria GTA IV had, just tweaked. Seriously, the GTA V physics were a letdown, but RDR2s beat GTA V, but not RDR or IVs.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

One thing I have not seen mentioned on here is the safe "minigame". That was so fun! It was allowed for some anxious moments at times (Blackwater Bank especially). In RDR2 it is just a lazy waiting game, because Arthur (after 30 years of being an outlaw) does not know about the "rattle" in safe (but Jack somehow does). Also the soundtrack in 2 was awful the same track is repeated over and over again with minimal difference between how it plays between states, it just sounds like... hillybilly. RDR1 had a f**king tone with its soundtrack (ambient and Original Soundtrack); somber and slowly dying; also the NPC songs too (Rathskeller Fork harmonica, Armadillo Piano Man). RDO's soundtrack is beautiful though; I honestly think that soundtrack was originally RDR2's [SP] but they decided to switch it for some reason.

I tried to read through a few pages so if I did mention stuff that was already mentioned then I likely accidentally skipped over it.

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...

I love both nearly the same. However,RDR 2 is objectively superior in every single way and i'd say it's the greatest Rockstar game ever released.

Hell,it's arguably the best game of all time in some categories (Gameplay,story,atomosphere,graphics,physics,animations,feeling etc).

That's my opinion,feel free to agree or disagree.

• Like 2
SonnyForelli91

I prefer RDR, it's a classic western spaghetti video game, you have missions in the desert, you have the Mexicans

you feel like you are in a Sergio Leone's movie with Clint Estwood. Can't get any better.

• Like 4
13 hours ago, SonnyForelli91 said:

I prefer RDR, it's a classic western spaghetti video game, you have missions in the desert, you have the Mexicans

you feel like you are in a Sergio Leone's movie with Clint Estwood. Can't get any better.

Same here. And that ambient music, my God.

• Like 3
billiejoearmstrong8

The music honestly amazes me. The ambient music, music in missions and the well placed special song moments are perfect. Such a huge amount of work must've gone into it and the result is breathtaking. Haven't played for a few months but one of the things I'm most looking forward to when I do again is just riding around New Austin enjoying the music and atmosphere. 

• Like 2
On 1/28/2021 at 6:39 AM, XerostarTG said:

One thing I have not seen mentioned on here is the safe "minigame". That was so fun! It was allowed for some anxious moments at times (Blackwater Bank especially). In RDR2 it is just a lazy waiting game, because Arthur (after 30 years of being an outlaw) does not know about the "rattle" in safe (but Jack somehow does).

It's not that it matters that much anyway, you only really crack a safe in one mission.    

Also the soundtrack in 2 was awful the same track is repeated over and over again with minimal difference between how it plays between states, it just sounds like...

You forgot to specify you were talking about "Ambient sountrack" .  RDR2's combat and mission soundtrack is superior over RDR1's, IMO.

On 3/26/2021 at 5:09 PM, The Tracker said:

It's not that it matters that much anyway, you only really crack a safe in one mission.    

That is not the point at all (the one mission only thing). You can crack safes out of missions (unlike 2), and it feels more fun and actually makes the post-story game fun. In 2 you just get a bunch of money you do not know what to do with and buy horses you likely already bought as Arthur.

You forgot to specify you were talking about "Ambient sountrack" .  RDR2's combat and mission soundtrack is superior over RDR1's, IMO.

Given that I said: 

how it plays between states

It could be assumed that it is not the mission/primary soundtrack that I was talking about.

On 3/22/2021 at 7:55 PM, SonnyForelli91 said:

I prefer RDR2 but its true that RDR1 had the classic western vibe, that was really missing in RDR2 for some reason

• Like 3
On 3/29/2021 at 4:32 AM, FanEu7 said:

but its true that RDR1 had the classic western vibe

I agree, RDR1's music is a bit more classic style than RDR2.