Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Diamond Casino & Resort
      2. DLC
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA 6

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

  • 0
TheGoodGuy94

How to play GTA V Storymode for PC?

Question

TheGoodGuy94

I just can´t get it to launch and apparently since last I tried there is now a capcha I am logged into socialclub.rockstargames.com but I don´t see anywhere where I can enter story mode from there, and the little box that pops up when I press the icon on my desktop just says email or passwords not valid even though I have logged in with the same on their website what do I do? 

A little venting: I have never had as many problems with a game as with the GTA games after social club was introduced, I used to have a lot of problems with GTA IV too and my friend who bought IV around the same time as me never got his to work because of social club problems, what is even more annoying is that I don´t give a sh*t about playing online in GTA I just want to play story mode yet everything has to be done online, I miss a simpler time when I could just buy a CD install a game and play it no need for having internet access of joining certain websites to play a game OFFLINE. 

I have also tried creating a different account and when I try to log in I will get the message "This steam account is already linked to a different social club account. Please log in with that social club account instead."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
flying_bulletzzz

Thats true. Online is boring because all the unnecessary stuff like overpowered flying bikes and orbital guns that can shoot you no matter where you are. Social Club was always causing problems and it probably will until Rockstar does something about it. Now back to your question; Did you try switching your Internet connection off and going offline from there ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
TheGoodGuy94
1 hour ago, flying_bulletzzz said:

Thats true. Online is boring because all the unnecessary stuff like overpowered flying bikes and orbital guns that can shoot you no matter where you are. Social Club was always causing problems and it probably will until Rockstar does something about it. Now back to your question; Did you try switching your Internet connection off and going offline from there ?

That doesn´t work because I bought it over Steam so I need internet connection plus I need to be logged into social club that is the whole problem that I am FORCED to be logged in online to play an OFFLINE game in Storymode seriously I am so done with social club I will never buy another game that runs through social club again, but GTA V and GTA IV doesn´t work because I need to be logged in even though I don´t give to pots of piss about playing online I just wanna f*ck around in Storymode and playing the storymode missions.

I wonder how many customers Rockstar games has lost over the years do to social club problems, probably a whole lot, I know both me and my friend have had trouble with it my friend never even got his GTA IV to work back when that came out because of the problems with social club and I have gotten both games to work on and off 1-2 times but for the past 2 years I haven´t been able to get either to work f*ck SOCIAL CLUB I miss the days back when I could just pop in a CD, install and play the game everything is so complicated today you need to be a f*cking computer expert just to get a game to work and all the DLC, pay2win, loot boxes the best era of gaming is dead it´s all about money now and everthing is so f*cking complicated..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
flying_bulletzzz
1 hour ago, TheGoodGuy94 said:

That doesn´t work because I bought it over Steam so I need internet connection plus I need to be logged into social club that is the whole problem that I am FORCED to be logged in online to play an OFFLINE game in Storymode seriously I am so done with social club I will never buy another game that runs through social club again, but GTA V and GTA IV doesn´t work because I need to be logged in even though I don´t give to pots of piss about playing online I just wanna f*ck around in Storymode and playing the storymode missions.

I wonder how many customers Rockstar games has lost over the years do to social club problems, probably a whole lot, I know both me and my friend have had trouble with it my friend never even got his GTA IV to work back when that came out because of the problems with social club and I have gotten both games to work on and off 1-2 times but for the past 2 years I haven´t been able to get either to work f*ck SOCIAL CLUB I miss the days back when I could just pop in a CD, install and play the game everything is so complicated today you need to be a f*cking computer expert just to get a game to work and all the DLC, pay2win, loot boxes the best era of gaming is dead it´s all about money now and everthing is so f*cking complicated..

Since Rockstar has a sh*t ton of Money they wont really care what their customers have to say. I cant really play GTA 5 too since my mods dont work and if you play all the missions and have nothing else to do and you almost completed GTA (99,5 %) then Story Mode becomes boring. I was kind of hyped for GTA 6 but since it will probably have the Social Club then i might consider not buying it. Sadly i use the CD version so i cant help you but if you havent already than you can make a post of your problem on GTA5Mods.com (if no one is going to find a solution for your problem here).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
TheGoodGuy94
30 minutes ago, flying_bulletzzz said:

Since Rockstar has a sh*t ton of Money they wont really care what their customers have to say. I cant really play GTA 5 too since my mods dont work and if you play all the missions and have nothing else to do and you almost completed GTA (99,5 %) then Story Mode becomes boring. I was kind of hyped for GTA 6 but since it will probably have the Social Club then i might consider not buying it. Sadly i use the CD version so i cant help you but if you havent already than you can make a post of your problem on GTA5Mods.com (if no one is going to find a solution for your problem here).

Well at least you got to finish the game and can play it (without mods) even without mods it is fun and relaxing sometimes just go in and play just to drive around or f*ck sh*t up I can´t do that because the sh*t game doesn´t work. I thought too that GTA 6 sounded cool but like you if it runs on social club I am not buying it I have already tried that 2 times and got ripped off, with GTA IV I thought it might just be a fluke with that game but the same with GTA V and it´s so sad to have to give up the Grand Theft Auto games they have been a part of my life ever since I first played GTA 2 on PS1 the game where you saw it from above and now I can´t play it anymore because they ruined it with their complicated bugged online access bullsh*t just to play storymode!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
flying_bulletzzz
58 minutes ago, TheGoodGuy94 said:

Well at least you got to finish the game and can play it (without mods) even without mods it is fun and relaxing sometimes just go in and play just to drive around or f*ck sh*t up I can´t do that because the sh*t game doesn´t work. I thought too that GTA 6 sounded cool but like you if it runs on social club I am not buying it I have already tried that 2 times and got ripped off, with GTA IV I thought it might just be a fluke with that game but the same with GTA V and it´s so sad to have to give up the Grand Theft Auto games they have been a part of my life ever since I first played GTA 2 on PS1 the game where you saw it from above and now I can´t play it anymore because they ruined it with their complicated bugged online access bullsh*t just to play storymode!

Been playing raw Story Mode for too long and now I just need something new to keep playing because its currently my only game that i can run. If you look at BF1 or World War Z or any other new game then you'll see that you'll need a beefy PC or Console to run it. I will probably have to reinstall my GTA because i cant find a solution. I already reinstalled Social Club and downloaded a new GTA Launcher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.