Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. Los Santos Summer Special
      2. The Diamond Casino Heist
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

    2. GTA 6

      1. St Andrews Cathedral
    3. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

    6. GTA Vice City Stories

    7. GTA Liberty City Stories

    8. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    9. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    10. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    11. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

    1. Announcements

    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

M0B5TA

GTA IV on XBOX ONE X

Recommended Posts

M0B5TA

So I recently started playing IV on the ONE X and I don't know if its just me but the game feels like its running 60FPS. The movements and stuff just feel so fluid and flawless. I've beat the game on the XBOX ONE few years ago but this is the first time playing on the ONE X, I don't remember it playing this good on the original ONE. Anyone else with a ONE X and a copy of IV give it a try and see for yourself.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HisNameIsMilad
8 hours ago, M0B5TA said:

So I recently started playing IV on the ONE X and I don't know if its just me but the game feels like its running 60FPS. The movements and stuff just feel so fluid and flawless. I've beat the game on the XBOX ONE few years ago but this is the first time playing on the ONE X, I don't remember it playing this good on the original ONE. Anyone else with a ONE X and a copy of IV give it a try and see for yourself.

Xbox one x owner here , it’s pretty fluid but I know that there are small moments when it doesn’t feel like that but I know a legit way to make the game run even more fluid if you go to the system settings and then to display and select HDMI instead of whatever it’s automatically selected you will have the ability to also select 120hz which is 2x the frame rate of 60 now granted the game doesn’t run at 120fps after that BUT those little moments of choppy gameplay become almost Null 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
etthell

But how about graphic details? I want to play GTA IV on xbox one s, but on YT videos, visual layer looks better when played on PC? Does it really matter in such and old game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DEALUX
On 5/25/2019 at 2:11 AM, HisNameIsMilad said:

Xbox one x owner here , it’s pretty fluid but I know that there are small moments when it doesn’t feel like that but I know a legit way to make the game run even more fluid if you go to the system settings and then to display and select HDMI instead of whatever it’s automatically selected you will have the ability to also select 120hz which is 2x the frame rate of 60 now granted the game doesn’t run at 120fps after that BUT those little moments of choppy gameplay become almost Null 

Games run in 60 Hz on the One X. That option is for "120 Hz" TVs. I used the quotes because those TVs aren't actually 120 Hz.

 

GTA IV runs with an unlocked frame rate on Xbox but with a 60 FPS v-sync cap. Very few scenes are actually in 60 FPS. Resolution is still 720p like it was originally on the 360.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
B Dawg

You don't want IV over 60 FPS anyway, bike physics will get f*cky, and getting in the helicopter on the last mission might be impossible then.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HisNameIsMilad
8 hours ago, DEALUX said:

Games run in 60 Hz on the One X. That option is for "120 Hz" TVs. I used the quotes because those TVs aren't actually 120 Hz.

 

GTA IV runs with an unlocked frame rate on Xbox but with a 60 FPS v-sync cap. Very few scenes are actually in 60 FPS. Resolution is still 720p like it was originally on the 360.

 

8 hours ago, B Dawg said:

You don't want IV over 60 FPS anyway, bike physics will get f*cky, and getting in the helicopter on the last mission might be impossible then.

I agree but I happen to have a 120hz tv and imo it does create a lil more smoother affect

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DEALUX

It's fake 120 Hz. There aren't actually 120 frames being displayed.

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HisNameIsMilad
1 hour ago, DEALUX said:

It's fake 120 Hz. There aren't actually 120 frames being displayed.

 

 

I know the game doesn’t play at 120hz but all I’m saying is that it just pushes the game to be more smoother 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
M0B5TA

From what I remember wasn't IV on consoles locked to 24fps?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mastah
6 hours ago, M0B5TA said:

From what I remember wasn't IV on consoles locked to 24fps?

LOL, no:

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Broker to Ganton

solve this stuff with a remaster 💡

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
M0B5TA

Ok so I always thought IV had a locked frame rate. I looked it up the X is running it at 60fps in some parts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ash_735
7 hours ago, M0B5TA said:

Ok so I always thought IV had a locked frame rate. I looked it up the X is running it at 60fps in some parts.

Yeah it will, brute force, since the game is unlocked originally, doing things that require low usage will see it spike to 60fps, such as looking high up to the sky in clear areas (beaches, etc).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BoulderFaceplant

Does anyone play this on an original Xbone? If so, how does it run these days?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HisNameIsMilad
12 hours ago, BoulderFaceplant said:

Does anyone play this on an original Xbone? If so, how does it run these days?

Compared to the box 360? Ps3?pc? I’d say pc would be my first choice and then xboxone my second 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TWIST_OF_HATE

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nappy

@BoulderFaceplant i do, and graphics aren’t so well but they are not garbage either. Frame rate can be pretty low especially in shootouts in TLAD. The game doesn’t get good fps overall.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 2 Users Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.