2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
happygrowls

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019)

happygrowls
Posted (edited)

D71O3e0WwAA0NWf.jpg:large

Prepare to go dark, Modern Warfare® is back!

The stakes have never been higher as players take on the role of lethal Tier One operators in a heart-racing saga that will affect the global balance of power. Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® engulfs fans in an incredibly raw, gritty, provocative narrative that brings unrivaled intensity and shines a light on the changing nature of modern war.

Developed by the studio that started it all, Infinity Ward delivers an epic reimagining of the iconic Modern Warfare series from the ground up. In the visceral and dramatic single-player story campaign, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare pushes boundaries and breaks rules the way only Modern Warfare can. Players will engage in breathtaking covert operations alongside a diverse cast of international special forces throughout iconic European cities and volatile expanses of the Middle East.

And the story doesn’t end there. In Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, players will be thrust into an immersive narrative spanning the entire game. Players can experience the ultimate online playground with classic multiplayer or squad-up and play cooperatively in a collection of elite operations, accessible to all skill levels.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare arrives October 25th, 2019.

Edited by happygrowls

Billy Russo

I hate when games do this. The first one was called Modern Warfare. 😂

Although, I do like the idea of a reboot rather than them trying to continue the story.

Jason

We've literally come full circle lmao.

There's rumours that this might have a F2P component as well, sounds like Acti might be getting desperate.

happygrowls
6 minutes ago, Jason said:

We've literally come full circle lmao.

There's rumours that this might have a F2P component as well, sounds like Acti might be getting desperate.

I hope the Multiplayer is the F2P element, as the MP for CoD games dies after the next one launches so it'd be nice to have one that's constantly developed.

D9fred95

I guarantee that there's going to be an installment at some point that will literally just be called "Call of Duty" at this rate. 

Billy Russo
5 hours ago, D9fred95 said:

I guarantee that there's going to be an installment at some point that will literally just be called "Call of Duty" at this rate. 

Most likely. Eventually they are going to run out of ideas, I mean they pretty much already have. Call of Duty will eventually start dying down in sales by a lot, and I think that's when they'll complete reboot/remake the franchise to reel people back in.

MostWantedMVP

I actually really enjoyed COD:WWII, it had an excellent story. If this has a proper campaign I'll buy it.

Dbzk1999
18 hours ago, happygrowls said:

I hope the Multiplayer is the F2P element, as the MP for CoD games dies after the next one launches so it'd be nice to have one that's constantly developed.

Eh, I think that depends on the CoD. Something like Black Ops 2, and 3 for that matter retained their MP player base pretty far along after the next iterations came out 

Billy Russo
12 hours ago, Dbzk1999 said:

Eh, I think that depends on the CoD. Something like Black Ops 2, and 3 for that matter retained their MP player base pretty far along after the next iterations came out 

Maybe on console, but PC could really use a F2P element. It would really boost the longevity of the games.

Arrows to Athens

I just want MW2 Remastered. 

LittleBlueTroll

If they stick to "the plan" then this title will not have a Battle Royale mode like Blackout.

Which is a shame, as I really enjoy it. Also, I'm not altogether sure what a soft reboot is?!

D9fred95
52 minutes ago, LittleBlueTroll said:

If they stick to "the plan" then this title will not have a Battle Royale mode like Blackout.

Which is a shame, as I really enjoy it. Also, I'm not altogether sure what a soft reboot is?!

I'll be glad if they don't have Blackout. Battle Royale has over saturated the industry the past year and I'm tired of it in all it's forms. Doesn't matter how good the mode is IMO, there's too many Battle Royale's and as such all my potential interest in any of them is gone.

Tchuck

This name is even more ridiculous when you consider they've literally just released Modern Warfare Remastered. 

Billy Russo
15 hours ago, D9fred95 said:

I'll be glad if they don't have Blackout. Battle Royale has over saturated the industry the past year and I'm tired of it in all it's forms. Doesn't matter how good the mode is IMO, there's too many Battle Royale's and as such all my potential interest in any of them is gone.

Whilst that's true, the only reason I'm still playing Black Ops 4 is because of Blackout. The Multiplayer sucks ass. If they don't have any Battle Royale, I really hope the MP is like the older Modern Warfare games and the Campaign is reminiscent of those, as well.

I've heard some rumours that this is going to be actual 'Modern' Warfare, as in what is happening in today's world. As there has been talk floating about that this will be the 'most controversial' Call of Duty.

LittleBlueTroll
Posted (edited)

I only play Black Ops 4 for Blackout. Actually, for Alcatraz, which is the best thing about this game.

Also on a side note, reactive camo's are my guilty pleasure, I find them so satisfying 🤤

Edited by LittleBlueTroll

Jason

Given that this is a reboot (or a soft reboot) I really hope they go back to the drawing board with the MP. They've been riding the same formula for over a decade now and it's gotten dull IMO. Yank out some of the series staples and put something new in, refresh the gameplay and try some new stuff. Also the 3 lane map design that the series relies on now is f*cking awful, get rid of relying on that so much.

Billy Russo
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Jason said:

Given that this is a reboot (or a soft reboot) I really hope they go back to the drawing board with the MP. They've been riding the same formula for over a decade now and it's gotten dull IMO. Yank out some of the series staples and put something new in, refresh the gameplay and try some new stuff. Also the 3 lane map design that the series relies on now is f*cking awful, get rid of relying on that so much.

I hear people saying this, but when they've changed too much people get pissed off. Ghosts had really big maps, but people hated them. The games after Advanced Warfare had advanced movement mechanics & new abilities, people hated it.

The only reason there is even any hype is because it's Modern Warfare and people are nostalgic about the old games. I don't think the core fanbase CoD has wants anything different, they just want Call of Duty.

Edited by Billy Russo

Jason

Well that fanbase is dwindling. Call of Duty 4 launched a decade of success because it brought something new to the table, it's time to try and do that again. People will adapt to new stuff, they always have and always will.

Billy Russo
11 minutes ago, Jason said:

Well that fanbase is dwindling. Call of Duty 4 launched a decade of success because it brought something new to the table, it's time to try and do that again. People will adapt to new stuff, they always have and always will.

You're not wrong, I think it's time Call of Duty tried something new as well, I'm just saying whenever they've edged towards that direction the majority of the reception has been negative. The games have also not been very good, although I enjoyed Infinite Warfare's Campaign. There's only so much you can change I feel like, before it stops becoming Call of Duty.

happygrowls

Trailer tomorrow. 10am PDT.

Screen-Shot-2019-05-29-at-3.13.23-PM.png

Key art got leaked too. October release.

Billy Russo
28 minutes ago, happygrowls said:

Trailer tomorrow. 10am PDT.

Screen-Shot-2019-05-29-at-3.13.23-PM.png

Key art got leaked too. October release.

Interested to see how this looks. Hopefully they make a good first impression. If it's anything reminiscent of the past Modern Warfare games, I'm all aboard the hype train.

Gummy 

The thing about them changing the MP formula is

They change too much --> "wtf just go back 2 how it was b4"

They stick with the design --> "wtf same gayme every year!!"

Also am I the only one who here thinks that the maps for the original MW games and some aspects of their campaign sucked?

Jason

New engine (supposedly), crossplay between consoles and PC and no season pass. Also has co-op challenges.

Got a bit of a Spec Ops: The Line vibe from that trailer, the SP kinda looked interesting. We'll see if they do anything new with the MP at E3 I'd guess.

Billy Russo
1 minute ago, Jason said:

New engine (supposedly), crossplay between consoles and PC and no season pass. Also has co-op challenges.

Got a bit of a Spec Ops: The Line vibe from that trailer, the SP kinda looked interesting. We'll see if they do anything new with the MP at E3 I'd guess.

Personally think this looks amazing.

The crossplay is also very AWESOME. I hope that doesn't fly under the radar. This is a great step for Call of Duty, and should populate the PC playerbase.

Jason

Doubt it'll do much for the PC playerbase honestly, you can't put KB+M users in the same matchmaking pool as controller users, it'd be a bloodbath. It will benefit the more niche modes on console I'd expect tho, but it is definitely nice that it's finally got crossplay. Sets a good precedent going forward.

Also reading Era sounds like it is actually a brand new engine. SP also seems more open ended with how you can approach missions, choosing to go stealthy, all-out assault or use range etc.  The SP from the early buzz sounds pretty cool tbh. Will have to wait to see what they've done with the multiplayer, which I doubt is much especially with their focus on eSports, but we'll see.

Billy Russo

That is a fair point. Still, at least PC players have the option to play with their friends now on Consoles if they want to. It's just nice that all platforms can play together. I have friends that play on Xbox, so this will be great. Apparently there is Cooperative missions, which could be hinting at a return for Spec Ops from MW2/3.

I'm really glad they've managed to capture that Modern Warfare gritty feel. The first Modern Warfare had a distinctive feel, and I definitely felt that here. The trailer sort of feel like a mash-up of all of the MW games, so I wonder if that'll be the case.

Jason

Not sure I'd call MW gritty personally, but this definitely is sounding like they're going all in here. Quote going around of them saying it's basically "No Russian x10", and I'm getting that vibe here. According to CoD Intel there's also gonna be a bunch of breach style missions in the game, clearing multiple floors and things like that.

The SP is really sounding very cool I gotta say.

Billy Russo
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Jason said:

Not sure I'd call MW gritty personally, but this definitely is sounding like they're going all in here. Quote going around of them saying it's basically "No Russian x10", and I'm getting that vibe here. According to CoD Intel there's also gonna be a bunch of breach style missions in the game, clearing multiple floors and things like that.

The SP is really sounding very cool I gotta say.

Here's an interesting article talking about the decision for this year's game, and why it's a 'soft reboot'.

https://charlieintel.com/infinity-ward-explains-why-2019-game-is-not-call-of-duty-modern-warfare-4/54416/

This quote in particular:

The decision revolved around the fact that they did not want this year’s game to be restricted to the timeline and story aspects of what the original Modern Warfare trilogy had. They wanted to make this new Modern Warfare real. The game had to be realistic, authentic, and gritty, and turn into a game that is very realistic ‘ripped from the headlines’ and is about what’s happening in our world now, allowing players to feel a connection to it because they see it happening in the news today. Modern Warfare is a reimagining of the entire series and what the series can be in terms of authenticity. 

This is why so many are saying it'll be controversial, because compared to previous CoD games they are really ramping up the realism in the story & characters. That to me sounds very interesting. Call of Duty has always had that blockbuster type action experience, it's never been ultra realistic.

Edited by Billy Russo

Jason

Yep. CoD stories have never been much more than a corridor shooter in different settings, what they say they're trying here actually sounds interesting and exciting and I never thought I'd say that about a Call of Duty story.

Billy Russo

Wow, SJW's are going to have a field day with this game. Wouldn't be surprised if it gets banned in some places like New Zealand. I personally think it's awesome they are taking such a risk and presenting players with the real emotions & impact of war.

https://charlieintel.com/you-can-play-call-of-duty-modern-warfares-campaign-from-an-arab-soldiers-perspective/54475/https://charlieintel.com/you-can-play-call-of-duty-modern-warfares-campaign-from-an-arab-soldiers-perspective/54475/

One of the big things Infinity Ward highlighted during our studio event was the fact that you get to play the campaign of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare from many different perspectives beyond just Tier 1 Operators.

You get to play as Tier 1 Operators for many missions, but also get a chance to play a rebel soldiers, and Arab soldiers. The two missions we saw, detailed here, were already in two different perspectives. The first was from the Tier 1 perspective; the second from rebel fighter’s perspective.

ArtsTechnica is reporting that the half of the game is played from an Arab soldier’s perspective.

The development team is doing this in part to usher in a first for the series: an entire half of the campaign played from the perspective of an Arab soldier.

The campaign is bringing a new definition of reality to life with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, in ways we’ve never seen before. The game pushes the boundaries and is trying hard to be as real and accurate as possible in the modern era of gaming.

I think it's pretty interesting they let you play the perspective of an Arab soldier. That's a first for Call of Duty, right?