3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

CS3_

Can’t Revert Back to V1.00

CS3_

I’ve been having an issue recently trying to revert the game back to 1.00. When I reinstall the game and get to the loading screen, it tells me, “ALERT: The selected save game data cannot be loaded because it is damaged.” and then proceeds to start an entirely new game. But when I update to the most recent update (1.09) it loads right up and has no issues. Any suggestions to revert back to 1.00 on my current save game? I’ve done this numerous times before and have never had an issue with it so I’m a bit stuck at this point.

Cutter De Blanc

I'm going to assume saving with the 1.09 patch active "damages" your save so it can't be reverted.

Jason
Posted (edited)

What Cutter said. Reverting your game version will always bring the risk of saves from the updated version not working, there's no way to fix it.

Edited by Jason

CS3_
3 minutes ago, Cutter De Blanc said:

I'm going to assume saving with the 1.09 patch active "damages" your save so it can't be reverted.

So I’d need to revert the game from a patch before 1.09? It seemed to work fine doing this before it.

Cutter De Blanc
1 minute ago, CS3_ said:

So I’d need to revert the game from a patch before 1.09? It seemed to work fine doing this before it.

They changed it with 1.09 so that you can't revert back

This company is aggressively anti-customer

Maybe you can load a different save that you didn't play on with 1.09 active

CS3_
1 minute ago, Cutter De Blanc said:

Maybe you can load a different save that you didn't play on with 1.09 active

Yeah that’s what I was thinking. I’m trying to download a previous save off the cloud from March currently *fingers crossed*

Jason
13 minutes ago, Cutter De Blanc said:

This is nothing exclusive to Rockstar. This is very common for a lot of games and software in general.

You're trying to run a save that's updated to work on the most up to date version of the game on an outdated version, there is always the chance it won't work.

BallinBallas

yeah, I found this out the hard way. at first, I could only downgrade with pre-epilogue saves, now none of them work. Xbox btw 

Smokewood

I work for a software company and there is no way in hell we would ever let our customers run anything but the latest version.

I have no idea why you wouldn't want to be on the latest version.

BallinBallas
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Smokewood said:

I have no idea why you wouldn't want to be on the latest version.

“because gold bar glitches, better horse spawns, Arthur in NA, improved draw distance, unbugged hair growth, a less glitchy epilogue, wall breaching, more out of map glitches, John’s normal sized gloves, etc aren’t an advantage... if you play this game primarily for the SP than I’d say not updating is your best bet.“ 

Edited by BallinBallas

Smokewood
1 minute ago, BallinBallas said:

“because gold bar glitches, better horse spawns, Arthur in NA, improved draw distance, unbugged hair growth, a less glitchy epilogue, wall breaching, more out of map glitches, John’s normal sized gloves, etc aren’t an advantage... if you play this game primarily for the SP than I’d say not updating is your best bet.“ 

I disagree... 

Gold bar glitches - why even play the damn game then?

What's bugged about hair growth? Seems fine to me...

Wall breaching and glitches... no thanks - that's sh*t needs patched up.

UpTheDowngrade

1.00 looks the best by far. No reason to update, unless you want to play RDO.

BallinBallas
3 minutes ago, Smokewood said:

I disagree... 

If you’re replaying the game a second or third time, why wouldn’t you want the quick money? Lol, try and grow out John’s beard naturally in the epilogue, it’s all screwed up now. Wall breaches in RDO? definitely. SP? harmless. not everyone wants to play linear like that, and R* knows that. they’ve just been perfectionists ever since V. 

RedDeadJohn

Is this issue on PS4 too ?

LorshZontek
2 hours ago, Smokewood said:

I disagree... 

The wall breaching is completely harmless though same with the arthur in NA glitch and many other glitchs liking getting to the island from chapter 5 again  

3 hours ago, CS3_ said:

I’ve been having an issue recently trying to revert the game back to 1.00. When I reinstall the game and get to the loading screen, it tells me, “ALERT: The selected save game data cannot be loaded because it is damaged.” and then proceeds to start an entirely new game. But when I update to the most recent update (1.09) it loads right up and has no issues. Any suggestions to revert back to 1.00 on my current save game? I’ve done this numerous times before and have never had an issue with it so I’m a bit stuck at this point.

I am sorry to say but i think you are gonna have to start a new game but it will be worth it anyway because the story is great and you get to experience it in the way rockstar intended 

JC_HUMBLE

I never cared about the gold bar glitch what's the fun in that?

~INDIO~
48 minutes ago, JC_HUMBLE said:

I never cared about the gold bar glitch what's the fun in that?

I collected a couple extra to pay off bounties seen as they don't give you a Pardon Letter option like in RDR1. 

I'm not spending money I've earned paying off bounties because the law can't handle me defending myself in town

JC_HUMBLE
12 minutes ago, ~INDIO~ said:

I collected a couple extra to pay off bounties seen as they don't give you a Pardon Letter option like in RDR1. 

I'm not spending money I've earned paying off bounties because the law can't handle me defending myself in town

I never pay the bountys it kinda breaks the inmersion for me 

bandito619

On xbox one just go offline and you can play it. Im playing v1.00 right now lol

Darealbandicoot
20 hours ago, RedDeadJohn said:

Is this issue on PS4 too ?

Nope. It was at first they added something which wouldn't let you play 1.00 at all but quickly backed off for some reason. 

Red Hardbro

As long as you have the disk and haven’t updated to 1.09 you should be fine! If you are on 1.09 like the others said most likely it’s over, i’m Still on 1.3.0 whatever that numbers means just have to play offline!

UnexpectedParole
Posted (edited)

In the terms and conditions I signed when buying the game it specified I could not / would not run an old version. in the same place it talks about trying to reverse engineer the programming and what-not.

End User Licences Agreement EULA ??

I don't have the exact verbiage on me, but I know it was spelled out.  Anyone who is publicly talking about reverting to 1.00 or what-not would be in violation of the terms of agreement in the license I signed.

maybe theirs is different than mine. I don't know about that.

I play on a ps4.

Edited by UnexpectedParole

Cutter De Blanc

I did not sign any written contract when I purchased the game. 

Maddened_Ghost
Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, UnexpectedParole said:

In the terms and conditions I signed when buying the game it specified I could not / would not run an old version. in the same place it talks about trying to reverse engineer the programming and what-not.

End User Licences Agreement EULA ??

I don't have the exact verbiage on me, but I know it was spelled out.  Anyone who is publicly talking about reverting to 1.00 or what-not would be in violation of the terms of agreement in the license I signed.

maybe theirs is different than mine. I don't know about that.

I play on a ps4.

Lol.. sure..

Okay Rockstar, here me out, I wanna play your latest version of the product I have but my internet is so badI can't even update my game, so unless you guys are willing to upgrade my internet subscription, I will continue to run what I have working currently.

Okay okay maybe that one isn't that great ..

Hey Rockstar I have no space to download the latest patch on my PS4, if you buy me a hard drive, I can download it.

I can think of another one but the point is there.

Edited by Maddened_Ghost

ghostsoap01

Has this latest patch fixed beard growth? I used to revert to version 1.00 to grow Arthur's beard past stage 7, which normally doesn't work outside of 1.00.

Darealbandicoot
5 hours ago, ghostsoap01 said:

Has this latest patch fixed beard growth? I used to revert to version 1.00 to grow Arthur's beard past stage 7, which normally doesn't work outside of 1.00.

Nope. 

SneakyDeaky

I'm thinking of picking up an Xbox X today, would I be able to download my current Chapter 3 save from the S after installing the game?

I can see there being a problem trying to install the game offline to play 1.00 and download a current save, unless perhaps all my saves can be downloaded from the cloud before I install the game?

Darealbandicoot

Tested version 1.00 again and the EXACT SAME ISSUES as Xbox is happening. Only saves made prior to 1.09 work. If you saved on 1.09 your f*cked. 

UnexpectedParole
16 hours ago, Maddened_Ghost said:

Lol.. sure..

Okay Rockstar, here me out, I wanna play your latest version of the product I have but my internet is so badI can't even update my game, so unless you guys are willing to upgrade my internet subscription, I will continue to run what I have working currently.

Okay okay maybe that one isn't that great ..

Hey Rockstar I have no space to download the latest patch on my PS4, if you buy me a hard drive, I can download it.

I can think of another one but the point is there.

Obviously if I never upgrade then they can't make me. I download the latest version available, update to the latest, then get my internet revoked because I don't pay the bill, have enough hard drive space, or what-ever. That's not an issue.

That was also not covered in the agreement. <forced updating> What was in the agreement was reverting to prior versions. Which is what this thread is about. "going back to previous versions."

And I never said anything about what you (or anyone else) will or won't do. I just said I know my EULA says I will be in violation if I reverted back.

ghostsoap01

So the beard growth is still glitched? Do the time jumps of "a few weeks later" grow the beard if you had hair tonic active before the time jump?