4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

Fold for GTAForums!

mike39

Alright everybody, One Careful Owner did it.

Here is a gang rankings page based on all the GTA Forums folder users.

O_C_O's Gang Rankings

Hopefully this will quickly catch on as a way to rank all the gangs.

Yeah, that's a good start, except there is a problem:  OCO's page does not generate a new report everytime you log onto it, so someone would have an overwhelming job of updating it all the time - that's just not practical with a dozen+ gangs with a varying number of members.  But I'm glad OCO came up with something for the time being, just for the sake of getting the ball rolling.

hmmm my dualie rig has been having instablity problems lately  :bored:

hence, i didnt do much folding lately.... gotta get a rheobus  ;)

Is it just me or does the team statistics page not update fast enough...I just got 2 WU's done and went to check my score and it says I only have one, yet on the log file it says i completed 2 WU's and that it sent successfully...

I'm on a 400mhz , 9GB , 192MB Ram comp & I'm on 2%/ 11/400 WU's completed & I wanted to know really how many more hours till it reaches 400 as I can't leave it on all night & I've got major tests next week

P.s It's been going for about 14hs

Exkabewbikadid
I'm on a 400mhz , 9GB , 192MB Ram comp & I'm on 2%/ 11/400 WU's completed & I wanted to know really how many more hours till it reaches 400 as I can't leave it on all night & I've got major tests next week

P.s It's been going for about 14hs

Hmm, since you have a slower processor it could take 72 hrs to complete a work unit.  There is a way for people with slower processors to get a specific work unit that doesn't take as long to complete, but I still don't have all the info on this yet.  I'll post how when I've figured it out.

God dangit! I got to 378/400 on my first WU and it cut me off cuz of a deadline! :furious:  For people who think they finished one but their stats don't update, go to the [email protected] folder and open FAHlog.txt. I suggest that everyone go into Configure/Advanced and clcik the deadlines box. I could have just had the cure for cancer and lost it  :cry: .

Exkabewbikadid
God dangit! I got to 378/400 on my first WU and it cut me off cuz of a deadline! :furious:  For people who think they finished one but their stats don't update, go to the [email protected] folder and open FAHlog.txt. I suggest that everyone go into Configure/Advanced and clcik the deadlines box. I could have just had the cure for cancer and lost it  :cry: .

I guess I should tell everyone this now:  All work units have deadlines that must be met.  For example, certain cores of proteins are given a certain amount of time, some are given 72 hrs and some only 48 hrs.  If you don't meet a deadline, then the work unit you had is reassigned to someone else.

How long did you your computer work on that work unit before the deadline cut it off?  You may have a slower processor and would probably benefit from downloading a specific protien core that doesn't take as long to complete.  Again, I don't know how this is done but I'll find out.

Started April 24 ended May 1st. I have a 450mhz P3 so ya, im a little slow :blush: . it's ok though. I turned off deadlines so it wont happen again.

How do you turn the deadline off? as I checked the GTAForums info(the group I'm part of) & it says GTAF group has a deadline of 14days

errr you dont.

you are sent a workunit, you work on the work unit and send the result.

if you dont send the result before the deadline, someone else will get the work unit

Still installed, and still not f*cking working. WHY IS IT NOT PASSING 0/500!?!?!? I have nothing using my PC time, and my net connection is blazing fast. What is the damn problem? I'm getting so annoyed with it.

Still installed, and still not f*cking working. WHY IS IT NOT PASSING 0/500!?!?!? I have nothing using my PC time, and my net connection is blazing fast. What is the damn problem? I'm getting so annoyed with it.

:bored: Anyone got an idea?

iamdigitalman

Hey, I downloaded this thing about 3 days ago, but my name (iamdigitalman) is not coming up on the team page!! HELP!! Plus, [email protected] status is 18/100 WU so far. someone help me. (btw, im running a P3 450mhz, if that helps). thanks. AMF 4ever. -digital ;)

Exkabewbikadid

:bored: Anyone got an idea?

Could you tell me what kind of processor you have and it's clock speed?  Also, which client are you using?

Would you mind installing a program that will offer more specific information about how the folding program is working (or not working)?  It's called Electron Microscope III and here's the instructions on how to install it

1)  Download EM III here.

2)  Unzip EM III and copy the folder to C:\Program Files\[email protected]\ (or where ever you have [email protected] installed)  Also make sure everything was unzipped properly - you should see a "skins" folder in the EMIII folder.

3)  Open the EMIII folder and copy these 2 files into the [email protected] folder:  1 - speed.exe and 2 - EMGetCPUinf.dll

4)  Double click speed.exe.  A new file, speed.emd, will be created.  This tells you the make and speed of your processor in the program, but it's not always accurate.

5)  To configure EM III, double-click EMIII.exe in the EMIII folder.  You should see a configure panel.

6)  Under general info in the configure panel, find "box path" and click the computer icon next to it and browse for the following:  C:\Program Files\[email protected]\winFAH.exe  It might say it's the wrong one but just ignore it and click ok.

Hey, I downloaded this thing about 3 days ago, but my name (iamdigitalman) is not coming up on the team page!! HELP!! Plus, [email protected] status is 18/100 WU so far. someone help me. (btw, im running a P3 450mhz, if that helps). thanks. AMF 4ever. -digital ;)

Your name won't appear on the list untill about an hour after you've completed your first WU.  Also, because you have a slower processor, it will take longer to complete a work unit.  I will have some more information for those of you with slower processors in a while.

On a side note, I started the following topic in improvements and suggestions.  I'm trying to find out if having a dedicated [email protected] forum would be a good idea, so I'd appreciate your feedback everyone.

http://www.gtaforums.com/ib....t=94666

Yeah man I had that installed too. It doesn't do anything. Nothing is happening. Everything is A-OK, it knows all the right paths. Everything.

I have not moved past 1/500 all day long. I have an AMD Duron 700MHz and I have 700K cable internet. There's no reason why it shouldn't be working.

If it doesn't start progressing soon, I'm gonna say f*ck it and trash the whole program. I'm sick of it getting nowhere.

Exkabewbikadid
Yeah man I had that installed too. It doesn't do anything. Nothing is happening. Everything is A-OK, it knows all the right paths. Everything.

I have not moved past 1/500 all day long. I have an AMD Duron 700MHz and I have 700K cable internet. There's no reason why it shouldn't be working.

If it doesn't start progressing soon, I'm gonna say f*ck it and trash the whole program. I'm sick of it getting nowhere.

Ok, I've figured out something that might help everyone's performance, especially those with slower processors.

Try the following:

1 - Open the [email protected] folder and find winFAH.exe (windows client) or FAH3Console.exe (console client).

2 - Right click winFAH (or FAH3Console) and click "create shortcut"

3 - Right click on the shortcut and select properties.  The target line will look similar to this:  

"C:\Program Files\[email protected]\FAH3Console.exe"

4 - Replace the target line with the following bold text:

"C:\Program Files\[email protected]\FAH3Console.exe" -advmethods  - for the console client

"C:\Program Files\[email protected]\winFAH.exe" -advmethods  - for the windows client

and click OK.

For those also using the add-on Electron Microscope III program

1 - Open up Options

2 - Under general info, select "Box 1"

3 - Check the "use extra launch commands" box and type: -advmethods (if it isn't already there)

4 - Choose "save editing" and the "save and Exit"

5 - Restart EM III

All changes will take effect after your current WU is completed.

By doing the above instructions, it will force the [email protected] program to use the new Gromacs core instead of the slower Tinker core.  This should help those with slower processors to get more done.

Well the problem I face there is that it doesn't take effect until my current WU is completed...well it won't even finish one of them!!

EDIT: I think I have figured out where it's f*cking up. Now I restarted it and it says 16/500....so basically it's just not updating the progress. I mean, it's still moving slow as f*ck if after an entire afternoon only got 16/500.....Any ideas?

...Any ideas?

don't worry about it. Just let the thing run. You probably have a Tinker tot one. That would be my guess

Well the problem I face there is that it doesn't take effect until my current WU is completed...well it won't even finish one of them!!

EDIT: I think I have figured out where it's f*cking up. Now I restarted it and it says 16/500....so basically it's just not updating the progress. I mean, it's still moving slow as f*ck if after an entire afternoon only got 16/500.....Any ideas?

Your lucky 40oz as it took u an afternoon to get to 16 while it took me 15hours to get to 13/400 & it should just update it's self

How long does it take most people to make any progress? And how often do the stats update? I've been on 20/500 for quite awhile now.

Well it depends on the specs of the comp 40oz & straight away I can guess Xcomm has a really good 1(1.Ghz)

Exkabewbikadid
Well it depends on the specs of the comp 40oz & straight away I can guess Xcomm has a really good 1(1.Ghz)

Well I have a P4 1.8 Ghz, but it's a sh*tty HP that offers absolutely no flexibility, so I'm gonna shove it off on to someone soon and build a new machine.  

But I just check my user stats and noticed something quite strange:

wttff.JPG

Golly gee, the last time I checked, my pc only had one processor.  Somebody managed to accedintally use my name, or they want me to take over majestic.  I hope it's the latter  :D