Fold for GTAForums!

mike39

Jimi Hendrix

Thats a new one

(SHOCK!SHOCK!SURPRISE!SURPRISE!I'M BACK!) ph34r.gif

P4 Hyperthreaded 2.5ghz pc with 800mhz front side bus and 1024mm of 444mhz ram

holy f*** a METER of ram!

lmao! yeah i saw that earler and thougt bout changing it but i coldnt be bothered.. tounge.gif lol i wondered wtf you were talking bout for a min...wink.gif

i've been running the graphical client ever since i started, and today, i finally got of my arse, read the beginning of this topic and downloaded the console beta version.. cool.

btw, nice guide viper, very informative, but the hideitX link is broken, for me it is anyway. i found it through google despite that. but i jsut thought i'd let you know.

Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie.gif thug

ps: i should be getting a new computer soon, lots more folding for me tounge.gif

Edited by GTATHUG77

So what's the deal with the [email protected] banner? I notice some people have working ones (the link and the image), and on others only the link works with a broken image (happens to me). I just took mine off after f***ing around with it for a while trying to figure it out.. anyone know what's wrong with it or if it'll be fixed? Is it somehow related to the error messages that sometimes come up when you try to post?

its really hard to understand the installation progress i will ask my parents.

im only 11 and i dont really get the stuff, and i really want to cure cancer my grandpa died from it and i wanna see if it cures diabeties

ill see what i can do dontgetit.gif

ok i dowloaded the software.

i just need to ask, ive got the [email protected] display up with my username etc etc and its all buliding up those balls and s*** haha. so is that all i need to do?

or do i have to actualy pshicly do sumthing, or just let it do it itself,

and do i have to keep it open everytime im online or what?

thanks

im folding w00t

i think bored.gif

kT8ve9H.png

Exkabewbikadid
its really hard to understand the installation progress i will ask my parents.

im only 11 and i dont really get the stuff, and i really want to cure cancer my grandpa died from it and i wanna see if it cures diabeties

ill see what i can do dontgetit.gif

It won't directly cure anything. It's a science project to help understand more about what causes diseases and cancers. The information learned from the project wil hopefully help treat, cure, and prevent some types of diseases and cancers.

So you're only 11 and on a GTA forum? I think you'll fit right in around here...

@Admiral - just let it run man. As long as you made up a unique username and entered team number 32093, you're folding now. Your name won't appear on the list untill the program has completed a Work Unit and sent it back to the servers.

oQywcQM.jpg

@Admiral - just let it run man. As long as you made up a unique username and entered team number 32093, you're folding now. Your name won't appear on the list untill the program has completed a Work Unit and sent it back to the servers.

yeah thanks dude, Tank just told me just now anyway, i think my username is unique well it says

[email protected]: Working (2/400)

so i think it is working, ill report back here if i have another question , thanks smile.gif

kT8ve9H.png

• 2 weeks later...
Agent_Orange

It;s coming along nicely, I've had it running for two days and I've got 250/2500.

Why'd they give me such a big f*cking WU!? For my (AMD Duron 800MHz). Though I do have an unusually fast cable connection, I don't think that has anything to do with it.

Edited by Agent_Orange

You only need to have finnished one work unit to get on the list. Are you sure you put in 32093 for the team number when you installed [email protected]? It also take up to a couple of hours for the page to update so if you don't see your name there right away check back later.

Oh yea thanks for making that banner update cool.gif I couldn't figure out how to do it.

You only need to have finnished one work unit to get on the list. Are you sure you put in 32093 for the team number when you installed [email protected]? It also take up to a couple of hours for the page to update so if you don't see your name there right away check back later.

Oh yea thanks for making that banner update  cool.gif  I couldn't figure out how to do it.

yeah i put in 32093 as the team, and i checked last night, and i checked just now and im not on the list yet, i just hope it didnt reset sumhow, because it was out of /400 last time, so cross fingers it will apear on the list soon, cos it would be harsh if it got reset confused.gif

do u think it may be that my username is un-original?

but it didnt say that ny username couldnt be used, well i dont know

Edited by Admiral
kT8ve9H.png

Oh yea thanks for making that banner update  cool.gif  I couldn't figure out how to do it.

yeah i put in 32093 as the team, and i checked last night, and i checked just now and im not on the list yet, i just hope it didnt reset sumhow, because it was out of /400 last time, so cross fingers it will apear on the list soon, cos it would be harsh if it got reset confused.gif

It could have something to do with your username, but even if more than one person are using that name it would still show up on the gtaforums page and just say that name has contributed to more than one team. I know that when I first got [email protected] I made my username as you see it here. This f*cked it up because I read after that some people use their e-mail adresses as names and I read the only part of the e-mail address that would be displayed as the name would be everything before the @ symbol. I did 1 work unit before I realized what was wrong and I changed it.

I don't know if there are other weird rules like that.. but if you set your name just like it is here I don't see anything wrong with that.. Try checking the link in your [email protected] folder that says "My Folding" to make sure it has that 1 work unit registered.

finished my first work unit yesterday, nearly completed the second lot (currently 240/600).

Glad to be helping something like this with such a good cause, and glad to be helping with the gtaforums team.

Good find people

jah biggrin.gif

It could have something to do with your username, but even if more than one person are using that name it would still show up on the gtaforums page and just say that name has contributed to more than one team. I know that when I first got [email protected] I made my username as you see it here. This f*cked it up because I read after that some people use their e-mail adresses as names and I read the only part of the e-mail address that would be displayed as the name would be everything before the @ symbol. I did 1 work unit before I realized what was wrong and I changed it.

I don't know if there are other weird rules like that.. but if you set your name just like it is here I don't see anything wrong with that.. Try checking the link in your [email protected] folder that says "My Folding" to make sure it has that 1 work unit registered.

ok sumthing happend and now the WU has changed to out of /500 , so i think its ok, im going to keep checking the homepage to see if im on the list, im not sure if the first one registered. I looked in the folder and there was a file with a computer on it, i think thats it, it should of worked.

fingers crossed eh tounge.gif

oh and ur D right? as u said it deletes everything after @

thats harsh, ah well , thanks for the help smile.gif

kT8ve9H.png

ok sumthing happend and now the WU has changed to out of /500 , so i think its ok, im going to keep checking the homepage to see if im on the list, im not sure if the first one registered. I looked in the folder and there was a file with a computer on it, i think thats it, it should of worked.

fingers crossed eh tounge.gif

oh and ur D right? as u said it deletes everything after @

thats harsh, ah well , thanks for the help smile.gif

Hehe yea I'm D. I was lookin on the page for like 2 days saying what the f*ck then I realized I was just D so I changed my name to all normal letters.. oh well heh.

I'm gonna try to put the program on a sh*t ton of pc's on campus.. I'll do like 1 pc a day. But the librarians and sh*t might find it and delete it.. anyone know any ways to hide the programs so that they aren't easily discovered?

Edited by [email protected]

If you put it on a PC payed for by taxes. And especially if you don't have permission, you could be jailed. Happened to a school janitor a few years ago. He installed either [email protected] or [email protected] on the school PC's at night. There was a court case and everything, he was alledgedly 'stealing' the school's idle CPU cycles. notify.gif Not sure what the laws are about that now.

If you put it on a PC payed for by taxes. And especially if you don't have permission, you could be jailed. Happened to a school janitor a few years ago. He installed either [email protected] or [email protected] on the school PC's at night. There was a court case and everything, he was alledgedly 'stealing' the school's idle CPU cycles. notify.gif Not sure what the laws are about that now.

Well damn, that's sh*tty. But how could they find out it was me who put the program on? Would they actually track the username and what-not? I don't even remember giving personal information such as my real name, address etc. when I registered [email protected] But.. I'll hold off on it till I get more info, thanks for the heads up though cookie.gif

well im still not on the list, iknow that im on the next WU now, is there sumthing i have to do to like send the info back or sumthing, or as soon as it finishes should it just happen?

thats probly why blush.gif

kT8ve9H.png

well im still not on the list, iknow that im on the next WU now, is there sumthing i have to do to like send the info back or sumthing, or as soon as it finishes should it just happen?

thats probly why blush.gif

It gets sent back to stanford automatically when the WU finnishes. I really can't think of what the problem could be... is must be something to do either with your name or the team number, but I don't get it. Maybe someone with more knowledge on this type of program could offer further insights? I said all I can think of confused.gif

Need some help lads

I recently downloaded [email protected] Graphical Version again but after it crashed my comp a few times I decided to Uninstall it but all I get is "Unable to locate Setup logfile" could some kind person tell me how to get round this or send me/tell me where to get setup logfile

Thanks

Need some help lads

I recently downloaded [email protected] Graphical Version again but after it crashed my comp a few times I decided to Uninstall it but all I get is "Unable to locate Setup logfile" could some kind person tell me how to get round this or send me/tell me where to get setup logfile

Thanks

Use the guide on the first page of this thread to run the console client in stealth mode.

yo. im still not on the list, i deffinatly completed a WU , is there anything i need to do, or anything i havent done.

it must only put me on when i have done more.

i dunno cryani.gif

kT8ve9H.png