Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. Gameplay
      2. Missions
      3. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Arena War
      2. After Hours
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA Next

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Smokewood

Restarted story mode after last update

Recommended Posts

Smokewood

i can see a big difference in the graphics - I'm on xbox 1x.

It seems as if the last update had fixes in it for the HDR or something.

Game looks great!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JC_HUMBLE

Indeed, it's been weeks since I played RDR 2, this new update gave me hope that R* can still support this game, I hope they fixed the camp missing dialogues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
volta2001

What setting do you put the HDR at? I don’t have time to mess with this crap. I still have it off 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GinsengElixir
6 hours ago, volta2001 said:

What setting do you put the HDR at? I don’t have time to mess with this crap. I still have it off 

It depends on your tv, what console you're playing on etc...everyone is going to be different. Plus everyone will have preferences.

 

I'm on X1X, 4k Samsung tv 40 inch. Fairly middle of the road tv. I have found that putting Peak brightness to 1000 and paper white to 80 is a good compromise. I also don't use game mode and turn off all the sh*tty bells and whistles on my actual tv.

 

If you're on Ps4 probably still better to turn hdr off, but on X1X the game looks better with it on, even if it's still upscale from sdr.

 

Point being play around a little. But if it looks ok then just play the game and enjoy. I feel like we've all spent so much time trying to get this game looking right lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lesrima88
5 hours ago, GinsengElixir said:

 

If you're on Ps4 probably still better to turn hdr off, but on X1X the game looks better with it on, even if it's still upscale from sdr.

 

Yeah i'm on ps4 and the hdr still looks washed out after the update

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
O.Z
9 hours ago, GinsengElixir said:

It depends on your tv, what console you're playing on etc...everyone is going to be different. Plus everyone will have preferences.

 

I'm on X1X, 4k Samsung tv 40 inch. Fairly middle of the road tv. I have found that putting Peak brightness to 1000 and paper white to 80 is a good compromise. I also don't use game mode and turn off all the sh*tty bells and whistles on my actual tv.

 

If you're on Ps4 probably still better to turn hdr off, but on X1X the game looks better with it on, even if it's still upscale from sdr.

 

Point being play around a little. But if it looks ok then just play the game and enjoy. I feel like we've all spent so much time trying to get this game looking right lol.

 

I have the same setup: X1X and a 4K Samsung 40 inch telly (UE40MU6100). The game still has washed up colours with HDR turned on. I also have turned off all the nonsense like sharpeners etc and I have tried every setting possible, still rubbish!! It looks miles better with HDR turned off. All the other games have no problems with HDR, apart from RDR2, so disappointing...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GinsengElixir
On 5/18/2019 at 8:45 PM, O.Z said:

 

I have the same setup: X1X and a 4K Samsung 40 inch telly (UE40MU6100). The game still has washed up colours with HDR turned on. I also have turned off all the nonsense like sharpeners etc and I have tried every setting possible, still rubbish!! It looks miles better with HDR turned off. All the other games have no problems with HDR, apart from RDR2, so disappointing...

This is so strange. My colours are full and rich(where they need to be). Turning HDR off makes my game look horrible - like a cartoon show.

 

My TV settings are:

Backlight 18(0-20 scale)

Brightness 0(on a -5 to 5 scale)

Contrast 95(0-100 scale)

Sharpness 10(on a 0-100 scale)

Colour 55(0-100 scale)

 

Picture - standard mode

Colour tone - standard 

Colour space - Auto.

 

I say the colours are rich but that may just be my opinion. I dislike over saturation and prefer more neutral, subtle tones.

 

What is you hdr set to? I used to out it up to 300 and it washed out. Then I took R* usually sh*t advice and dropped it down to 150 or 100 and image quality improved. 

 

Edited by GinsengElixir
Nvm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • 3 Users Currently Viewing
    1 member, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests

    • Hmmm Beer
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.