2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus or tools. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
Dkent552

What would you change in GTA V to make it the best game it should have been?

Cjrememberthat
Posted (edited)

Delete the whole federal goverment

Edited by Cjrememberthat

ChiroVette
On 5/16/2019 at 9:29 AM, El Penguin Bobo said:

Won't be surprised if GTA VI comes out, and GTA V will all of the sudden be seen as a masterpiece. lol

Adding more to my list, I would add more vehicle weight, and improve the gunplay a little bit.

Other than that, GTA V is a great game by itself, at least to me.

Its an amazing game, and a step up in MANY ways from its predecessor. Maybe even most ways.

That said, there are things I think Rockstar could have added to this game. Probably the biggest thing they dropped the ball on was a complete lack of SP support, since they realized GTAO was their cash cow. Other things that could have been added to make the game better:

-Much more garage space (which Mods added, doing Rockstar's job for them)

-Making money a lot easier to get without using the grinding stockmarket glitches to stockpile enough money to buy ALL properties. I think they dropped the ball on this.

-While I love the C Ending, I have no problem with them having alternate endings to kill off the player's choice of Michael or Trevor. But the A and B endings are just awful, poorly implemented, anti-climactic cut and pastes of one another. I mean, if you're going to kill off a main protagonist, at least make make it look like you gave it some thought.

-Not a fan of losing health when the player gets tired while running or cycling. Silly at best.

-I would have really loved to see the R3 missions make a return.

El Penguin Bobo
Just now, ChiroVette said:

I would have really loved to see the R3 missions make a return.

Like uhhh, vehicle missions? There's taxi missions, haha.

ChiroVette
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, El Penguin Bobo said:

Like uhhh, vehicle missions? There's taxi missions, haha.

Agreed, very true. I forgot about them for a minute. Thanks!

But Firetruck, Vigilante, Pimpin', and of course, Paramadedic missions would have been an awesome nod to the 3D Era GTA games. :)

Edit: Also, one thing I forgot to mention above is that there should have been a lot more Federal Government missions. They were really fun. I love the Government Intrigue stuff! Also, more heists would have been great, but in an expansion pack as DLC, which obviously never came.

Edited by ChiroVette

Yinepi

Less government stuff.
Less missions involving shooting, more involving driving and stealing cars.

Copcaller
Posted (edited)

More heists

More missons

Make the peds tougher like 4 

Scrap the IAA/FIB croney part 

Scrap yoga and bring back gang warfare for Trevor and burglary/pimping

Unique missons for properties

Edited by Copcaller

etthell

More interactions for NPC on streets.

Less madness for Trevor.

Male01

V is broken to the point where IV with the V map, useful firefighters, location-appropriate peds, and a couple EFLC features would be way better.

3D Era side missions should be styled like IV if not CTW.

All instances of "Los Santos State" should be removed and IV websites should return updated but with the IV content marked as archives.

Although V uses smartphones for many uses, Watch_Dogs 2 already beat it at having a radio/music player app on phones.

Add a wanted level system that combines IV's zone systen with CTW's yellow/gray star system. Tanks may open fire but not too often and not too far away 

Add enterable interiors.

Remember when CJ killed everyone at a military facility to steal a helicopter and lift away an armored car that had no protection? That is nothing when compared to all the menial tasks V has to offer. This will take plenty to fix.

Most importantly, V should not sell out to Online and also should not have exclusive content but rather give everyone a chance to unlock things.

And another infinite list of stuff that I am too lazy to put.

fakzuki

Animals like doge and katzen.

Gang wars like SA, really no gang wars done right? That's a back step Rockstar!!!

Abilities to gain from missions or jobs/careers and companies etc (like CEO, car shop etc) like car radio theft like in The Warriors game.

Ability to run a NPC gang of at least 3-4 (not counting self)

More car modding, lets stop those car mech sim games!

Midnight Club and Auto Modelista level car modding.

MOre random quests!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More achievements!

More DLC to continue the story depending on who you let live!!!!

I don't care about another GTA honestly, just give me more content for 5 and we are good. But fix the social club errors on first load/boot. (I have contacted the main support, will be back)

Journey_95
On 5/16/2019 at 3:29 PM, El Penguin Bobo said:

Won't be surprised if GTA VI comes out, and GTA V will all of the sudden be seen as a masterpiece. lol

Adding more to my list, I would add more vehicle weight, and improve the gunplay a little bit.

Other than that, GTA V is a great game by itself, at least to me.

I think with GTA there is just so much hype with each game that some are always disappointed and later on they are appreciated more like GTA IV is now. GTA V is still not my favourite GTA game or anything but I think it's overall quite good with some flaws (weak villians for an example). It definitely gets too much hate here, in no way is it a bad game

El Penguin Bobo
Just now, Journey_95 said:

I think with GTA there is just so much hype with each game that some are always disappointed and later on they are appreciated more like GTA IV is now. GTA V is still not my favourite GTA game or anything but I think it's overall quite good with some flaws (weak villians for an example). It definitely gets too much hate here, in no way is it a bad game

Yeah, my MAIN rule for when a game comes out, is to NEVER overhype it or to NEVER buy a ticket to the hypetrain. It will lead to disappointment and unrealistic expectations.

As I said before, it's really confusing to decide whether or not GTA V gets a lot of hate or a lot of love. It certainly got a lot of hate (on these forums), and now, it's kind of a mix, but the love is increasing a little bit, idk.

Cjrememberthat

What the f are you guys talking about for f-in real? Gta6 SUCKS, 5 is the BEST GAME EVER

Journey_95
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, El Penguin Bobo said:

Yeah, my MAIN rule for when a game comes out, is to NEVER overhype it or to NEVER buy a ticket to the hypetrain. It will lead to disappointment and unrealistic expectations.

As I said before, it's really confusing to decide whether or not GTA V gets a lot of hate or a lot of love. It certainly got a lot of hate (on these forums), and now, it's kind of a mix, but the love is increasing a little bit, idk.

I try that but fall into that trap as well. I used to bash GTA V more because I kept comparing it to GTA IV (my favourite GTA game by far) especially story wise but on it's own it's a really good game and the story isn't bad either (just different).

GTA V outside this forum definitely gets way more love but just like with any Rockstar game, there are plenty of haters too, even RDR2 has them.

Edited by Journey_95

El Penguin Bobo
5 minutes ago, Cjrememberthat said:

What the f are you guys talking about for f-in real? Gta6 SUCKS, 5 is the BEST GAME EVER

Damn straight! GTA 6 has downgraded AI, physics, not enough customization, the map is too boring and small, 5 is a much better game! 😛

Cjrememberthat
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, El Penguin Bobo said:

Damn straight! GTA 6 has downgraded AI, physics, not enough customization, the map is too boring and small, 5 is a much better game! 😛

My problem is the game beşng so realistic, i wanna play a game, not watch a movie, also graphics are too realsitc, im nıt sure if its a game, it should have stayed with 5's graphics

Edited by Cjrememberthat

Jeansowaty
Posted (edited)
On 5/17/2019 at 12:04 PM, Jeansowaty said:

I kinda think that R* toned down the realism from IV to make it easier for people to play... perhaps people were complaining that the driving was too hard in IV and the walking/combat mechanics were too clunky... I dunno, to me IV was much better in this argument.

Other than that the whole story needs a total rehash. Make the antagonists actual antagonists rather than just douchebags. All 4 were very weak but Stretch tops them all imo, that f*ck literally had no reason to be an antagonist other than he and Franklin were arguing since they saw each other. I think Wei Cheng was one of the better ones in this game. The protagonists are also unlikeable idiots. Why not make Michael more like Max Payne for example? Why not have Trevor be a bit less of a bully? Why again repeat the same "I want outta the hood!" bullsh*t with Franklin? For example with LCS I can freely say that the story is f*cked and there's barely anything left to fix because the protagonist feels completely detached from it, but V has so many holes that it needs a complete rewrite in order to function neatly. How about instead of offing the Lost in the beginning we have them as allies and later they betray you and work with the Triads instead of the O'Neils? How about having Madrazo come back instead of mysteriously disappear? I get that they wanted to bring him back in GTA Online but I don't consider it canon anyway. I kinda think that V's "story" is mostly just a bunch of ideas for action-packed missions R* was coming up with and then they laced it with some glue to hold it together as a story. 

I went back at it and decided on this:

-More serious characters. Such as:

-A more serious Trevor - make him less of a pathetic bully, less tryhard and less "humorous" (read the Johnny/Weston arcs for more info maybe)

-A less whiny Michael - make everyone, including Franklin, tell him to shut the f*ck up and quit the whining because he was the one who f*cked up in the first place, perhaps have a mission where he tries to kill himself and you (either T or F) have to go quickly to the mansion to stop him from doing so. In the end he should have been a less self-focused douchebag.

-A more evil Franklin - he's already quite evil but I kinda have a feeling like the game was trying to make him look like a good guy even though he was rotten inside. How about instead of him trying to leave the hood, he would accept Lamar's offer to bring the Families back on its feet and make it a profitable crime syndicate? Perhaps even a short strand with retaking Grove Street would be fun, surely SA fans would love this one. In a way, I'd take some evil from Trevor and give it to Frank, have him mistreat his Families bodyguards and make him actually be the bad guy in the Stretch-Franklin conflict. Perhaps Stretch could be a little callback at Sweet being anti-narcotic in SA and Franklin and Lamar would be like Ryder and Big Smoke, saying he's full of sh*t and that nowadays you have to do drugs to have money.

-A less druggy Johnny - now I can already feel some of you breathing down my neck but it's not that. Trevor killing him off in such a pussy way didn't make me think he's so badass at all, rather that, I felt it was pathetic that he took him out by surprise. As I said, have The Lost become an antagonist gang, maybe have them kidnap/kill Patricia or something, Trevor could have a mission or two where he kills Clay and/or Terry, Johnny would be mad and you'd kill him in the final mission as one of the antagonists

-A slight makeover in the Weston arc. Have Weston be an actual antagonist rather than a douchebag. How about having Molly be convinced by Trevor to ditch him because he's abusing her? The two could fall for each other and she could replace Patricia after the Lost would have killed her or something. She would take care of Trevor and make him a better person, while he would make her feel safe and use her to get the money Devin owes them. He would find himself a new lawyer which maybe one of the protags could kill in a mission since he was arranging a lawsuit against them all. Then let's have Devin work together with Stretch, who defected from the Families to the Ballas (or was kicked out by Franklin from them) and they both arrange Lamar's kidnapping, Devin also sends his guys to kill MIchael's family and destroy Trevor's assets in the countryside. Then have all the bad guys work together, Trevor with the help of the other 2 could have an arc where they disband the Triads on the West Coast and kill the Chengs. Since the Lost and the Triads had working relationships, it could just cause the Klebitz-Phillips war to heat up even further.

-Have Steve Haines be more serious as well and make him more threatening. His arc is already neatly connected to the protagonists and Weston but he seemed to be too ridiculous and we can have him for example stirr up relationships between Dave and Michael. Dave felt like an afterthought to me, he needs to be fleshed out a bit more. Have him be an "unwanted antagonist", make him turn on the trio after Haines forces them to work against the IAA. How about in The Wrap Up, Michael (on behalf of the rest) tells Haines to go f*ck himself and that they don't want to be on his payroll anymore? This could aggravate him even more. I still don't get why he wanted Trevor out of the picture and not Michael, that seems like a little plothole. Perhaps lets have Trevor burn down his house and have his wife or someone killed in there in retaliation, this would actually give Haines a reason to go after him.

-In short, let's have the Lost be more of an antagonist gang rather than cannon fodder for Trevor, add Johnny to the main antagonist pool, make Steve have a reason to after Trevor, make Stretch be the opposite of Franklin and have morals, push Wei Cheng down to a secondary antagonist role and have Weston be far more evil and twisted.

-Have the option to kill Karen. I still don't get why we just can't kill her for the heck of it, it's not like she reappears later.

-Make ending C the canon one without any other twists, the other two, while the idea was neat, wouldn't work in this rewrite I made here. I also felt they were underdeveloped and thrown in for the heck of it. Also in Ending C, the goals who has to kill whom would be changed to add more of a tension between each protagonist and their antagonist. The beginning instead could be just another freelance attack on the protagonists by united forces of their enemies, after small shootouts at their places they agree to meet at the foundry and take the rest of their enemies out there.

Edited by Jeansowaty

SonOfLiberty
3 hours ago, El Penguin Bobo said:

GTA VI would have to be a really bad game to have worse A.I, physics etc than GTA V. If RDR2 has taught me anything it's R* are still on point.

The only thing that worries me about GTA VI is the continued GTAO suffocation. If it's online only I wouldn't even buy it, seriously.

Cheatz/Trickz

I am sure GTA 6 will be focused on its Online, it’s too successful. There’ll surely be some way to import your character’s progress from V, because that’d be a major selling point too. 

I still think there’ll be a single player campaign too which, if RDR2 is anything to go by, should be good seeing as Rockstar are out of whatever sh*t they were in during V’s troubled development. The story however good or bad though will still be in Online’s shadow.

Cjrememberthat
34 minutes ago, Cheatz/Trickz said:

I am sure GTA 6 will be focused on its Online, it’s too successful. There’ll surely be some way to import your character’s progress from V, because that’d be a major selling point too. 

I still think there’ll be a single player campaign too which, if RDR2 is anything to go by, should be good seeing as Rockstar are out of whatever sh*t they were in during V’s troubled development. The story however good or bad though will still be in Online’s shadow.

Then again we neva gonna get SP DLC again

Journey_95
10 hours ago, SonOfLiberty said:

GTA VI would have to be a really bad game to have worse A.I, physics etc than GTA V. If RDR2 has taught me anything it's R* are still on point.

The only thing that worries me about GTA VI is the continued GTAO suffocation. If it's online only I wouldn't even buy it, seriously.

No way is it Online only, Rockstar isn't that dumb and they know people appreciate quality SP games now (they have shown it too with RDR2 last year). But I still wouldn't be surprised if they dumb some stuff down again because GTA is a very different franchise with a lot more mass appeal.

SonOfLiberty
On 5/28/2019 at 2:13 AM, Cheatz/Trickz said:

I doubt they'd remove single player all together, but it's still a valid concern IMO. I think it's different with RDR2 because R* know people would've skinned them if it didn't have single player.

I do think some warning signs are there though for the GTA series like them abandoning GTA V's single player DLC and the money they rake in from GTAO daily. COD shifted to a multiplayer only model and gave the campaign the flick with BO4 so unfortunately I don't think the GTA series is necessarily safe. Of course though I hope I'm wrong. Very wrong.

El Penguin Bobo
Just now, SonOfLiberty said:

I doubt they'd remove single player all together, but it's still a valid concern IMO. I think it's different with RDR2 because R* know people would've skinned them if it didn't have single player.

I do think some warning signs are there though for the GTA series like them abandoning GTA V's single player DLC and the money they rake in from GTAO daily. COD shifted to a multiplayer only model and gave the campaign the flick with BO4 so unfortunately I don't think the GTA series is necessarily safe. Of course though I hope I'm wrong. Very wrong.

If they removed single player in the next GTA, it'll probably be the fall of Rockstar Games, (to be less overdramatic, just the franchise), and either RDR 2 or GTA V would known as the last great games that Rockstar has made before Online became their cashcow.

SonOfLiberty
1 minute ago, El Penguin Bobo said:

If they removed single player in the next GTA, it'll probably be the fall of Rockstar Games, (to be less overdramatic, just the franchise), and either RDR 2 or GTA V would known as the last great games that Rockstar has made before Online became their cashcow.

Whatever they do just don't f*ck up like Bethesda did with Fallout 76.😕

El Penguin Bobo
Just now, SonOfLiberty said:

Whatever they do just don't f*ck up like Bethesda did with Fallout 76.😕

I trust Rockstar. Out of all of the games they've made, not a single one has disappointed me. (online is an exception if we count it as a separate game) 

I don't know what the hell is going on with Bethesda right now. Everyone was just so outraged about FO76, and I never heard from them again.

Cheatz/Trickz
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, SonOfLiberty said:

I mean I still think they’d get skinned if they removed single player from GTA as well though. The concern is more warranted for the GTA series though absolutely, a GTA Online MMOG with all the maps would still be a huge success.

That will happen, it is inevitable really, you’re not wrong. It’s a bit early right now, which is why I have some glimmer of hope for GTA 6, but the new generation of players currently live for online gaming. This’ll only worsen, there’ll be players who’ve no idea that games used to have single player campaigns, they won't know any different. Stories and campaigns will be phased out over the next decade or so. 

Then game developers are changing to reflect this, employees are leaving companies every other week. They’ll be all new people at most of them sooner or later. And new publishers, who are gonna go where the money is. In Rockstar’s case it’s whoever takes over from Zelnick and runs T2. It’s a sh*t state of affairs up ahead, best just hope GTA 6 is something special because I guarantee that it will be the last of its sort. 

Edited by Cheatz/Trickz

Lordani_66

Get rid of Trevor as a playable character (he could be a character in game, but Lamar style, NPC). I feel like this is what R* wanted at first.

Give Trevor's side mission of hunting to Michael.

Give more depth to Franklin, he's too bland.

Add San Fierro.

Add more "regular" cars.

Add more PICK-UP TRUCKS.

Get rid of the nuclear waste submarine side mission.

Have the map unlock in 100% automatically when you finish main story.

Make bikes turn more difficult.

Add Vigilante missions, GTA IV style.

José_Sócrates

Man, oh man, I could be here all day, but I guess I'll only answer for one change.

I am just going to mention the first thing I did after I finally got to be in free-roam as Franklin. I went to hijack a car. I grabbed my weapon and pointed at the driver, waiting for him to get out, like I was used to do all the time in the previous game. The f*cker ran over me. Then I tried with the next driver, and the next one, and the next, with the exact same result. That's when I realized that the cars in the game accelerate like in Grand Theft Auto, and that the NPC's are not aware of what's going on around them and the AI is sh*t.

This may not seem like much to whoever's reading, but for me, that felt like a hard punch in the nuts after a really expensive pre-order, and the worse is that it was the first of many problems that I would later encounter in the game.

So, the main thing I would change is to make the NPC's get out of the f*cking car when I point my gun at them, like they're supposed to do.

El Penguin Bobo

^ I agree, this can get very annoying, but sometimes, they'll back up, and get out....weird.

I don't bother trying to risk it though, I just hijack the car, lol.

southparkmayor

eliminate shark cards

Aleksey321

Euphoria physics from GTA IV