2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus or tools. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
Sign in to follow this  
Dkent552

What would you change in GTA V to make it the best game it should have been?

Dkent552

GTA V could be a lot better, what story line garbage or ambiance screw up would you fix.

Emmi

100% of the story

A 2nd city

A countryside that's actually a countryside

Entirely different cast incl. other protagonists!

Utopianthumbs

Story related

- Couple more Simeon missions for Franklin before Michael gets introduced

- Franklin should have had a lot more characters as part of his inner circle, for the most part it's basically just him and Lamar.   Tonya, Tanisha could have been more involved in the beginning part of the story and characters like JB and Gerald who didn't   appear in the storyline but were mentioned could have been mission givers for Franklin focusing on the hood life before   he meets Michael

- Have Stretch be more of an antagonist/rival to Franklin . As Franklin moves up the ladder thanks to his association with   Michael , Stretch gets more insecure(he also sees Franklin as a threat cause he knows Stretch tried to set him and Lamar up)   and tries to bring down Franklin by trying to poison Lamars mind against him, uses the Ballas to try to take him down and   tries to kidnap Tanisha just like Lamar which makes it even more personal for Franklin and give him more reason to end  Stretch

- Johnny, Terry and Clay should have put up more of a fight against Trevor.  I don't know how boss fights would work in GTA   but considering their calibre we should have had to actually take them down rather than them just running away or indulging   in hug outs, would have made for a more engaging and memorable mission. 

- More focus on Trevor building his criminal empire. His introductory strand of missions where he does this was one of the   most intense parts of the game imo. After he enters Los Santos it's not focused as much, so in between heists there could   have been more missions focusing on this instead for working for the FIB , it's not like he has much of a reason to work for them unlike Michael

- In general, have the protagonists stories be 3 mostly separate ones intersecting at key points like at heists, rather than one interconnected story

- More focus on Madrazo and Wei Cheng. They had good ideas with these antagonists, they had their moments but they were underutilised. Have Madrazo give a few missions to Michael after the first heist (this can lengthen the short story a bit) before he gets introduced to Trevor.  You could even have Madrazo and Cheng team up to take down Trevor realising how dangerous he is (they still fail of course)

- More Solomon missions. I really like the Michael-Solomon dynamic and wish there were more missions of his. You get to see Michael improve from a cynic to more optimistic about life as he does what he loves ie produce movies. This along with getting his family back near the end of the game could make him conflicted about whether he still wants to go ahead with the Big score and risk all of this, this could add some intrigue

- Have Michael and Trevor put up a good fight in their endings against Franklin,  again I don't know how boss fights would work but that is what I wish would happen. Also in ending C  we should have got to confront Haines before offing him

-More focus on the 'pursuit of the almighty dollar' . It's a shame that only 2 out of 6 heists net us personal profit, I don't know how they would do this though since the FIB were heavily involved, I guess they would have to revamp the FIB storyline somewhat

Other stuff

-They could have added more suburbs in Los Santos,  there are quite a few run down and affluent areas but not enough suburbs imo

-Add landmarks like Staples center, Union station, Long beach etc which weren't in the game

-Melee and Shooting mechanics could have been improved. The one punch KO is annoying and gun sounds could have been louder with peds reacting to where they got shot

-Minor stuff like hanging onto ledges, being able to crouch, cops arresting pets,  that sort of thing

Edited by Utopianthumbs

Cheatz/Trickz

Man, what would I change about V...I would probably change literally everything in some way or another, of varying degrees, i.e. total revamp of the story because it’s that awful, but maybe a half revamp of the map; keep the size but actually make use of it. I’d scrap the multiple protagonists and switching crap which I can officially confirm to be the worst idea Rockstar have ever had and I doubt they’ll revisit it. 

After that... core mechanics (driving, shooting, mission design, basic game balancing) i’d change to be a natural progression of the previous iteration’s like all good sequels do, instead of the unnatural regression that they are. 

Killerman29

I would change everything around the story and the map, the two most important things in a gta and they f*cked it up

El Penguin Bobo

Oh boy, get ready for another V bashathon, lol. 

Anyways, I would change up the story a little bit.

-Scrap the FIB stuff.

-Have Franklin die in Option C and Lamar take his place.

-More health for the player. It's pretty easy to die in V, at least for me.

-Make it 2 protagonists instead of 3, that being just Micheal and Trevor.

I'll probably think of more.

TheSantader25

Ah another useless thread feeding people who haven't already hated enough on this game. Get ready for loads of things you've already read countless times. Here's a bunch of bullsh*t from me. 

- More focus on Franklin and Trevor's personal lives with the addition of hood life and gang wars in Blaine County. 

- Martin Madrazo is the main antagonist. Betrays Trevor when you bring Patricia back. 

- weaponized JB700 is usable in free mode. 

-More missions towards the end to heat up the drama leading to the finale. Cheng and Stretch get more screen time. 

-Bigger South Los Santos. 

-Mission interiors exist in freemode. Cluckin Bell and Burger Shot are open. 

- tone down the silliness of Michael's family. 

-You can buy apartments. 

-Vehicles are heavier. 

-Endless criminal side missions like drug trafficking. 

That's the main stuff and pretty much it. 

Edited by TheSantader25

El Penguin Bobo
39 minutes ago, TheSantader25 said:

Ah another useless thread feeding people who haven't already hated enough on this game

Won't be surprised if GTA VI comes out, and GTA V will all of the sudden be seen as a masterpiece. lol

Adding more to my list, I would add more vehicle weight, and improve the gunplay a little bit.

Other than that, GTA V is a great game by itself, at least to me.

TheSantader25
11 minutes ago, xXPinguXx said:

Won't be surprised if GTA VI comes out, and GTA V will all of the sudden be seen as a masterpiece. lol

Highly doubt it. This game is doomed on this forum. Unless somehow R* f*ck up massively with VI. 

Edited by TheSantader25

El Penguin Bobo
2 minutes ago, TheSantader25 said:

Highly doubt it. This game is doomed on this forum. Unless somehow R* f*ck up massively with VI. 

You'll never know. The IV hate, from what I heard, was much worse on these forums, and now it's seen as a good game by most people.

Utopianthumbs

imo V can still have a resurgence when the young kids who've made fond memories with this game grow up and join the forum sharing their experiences, like whats happening with the older GTA's . It does suck to see one of your favourite games get bashed relentlessly, but the way I see it, if you got your moneys worth from the game personally then whatever others may say is mere background noise

Cheatz/Trickz
2 hours ago, El Penguin Bobo said:

Not a chance. GTA IV was ahead of its time, that’s why many people didn’t warm to it until later. But it was still heavily praised at launch as much as it was criticised, and V received similar amounts of hate on launch too it was not all praise. 

GTA V’s downgrades have clearly caused people to appreciate IV in ways that they didn’t at first. I didn’t appreciate IV initially, I quit and restarted the game several times because I kept tuning out as the story opened up and it lost me.

V will never be anything more than an average open world game, not awful, not great, just average, passable. It’s popular because of Online, that’s it, and passable is all that’s needed online. GTA 6 could be the worst game ever made and it would not change what V is.

El Penguin Bobo

@Cheatz/Trickz During the launch of V, it was kinda the same as IV if I recall correctly. Critically acclaimed and criticized at the same time...

I've seen a decent amount of people on these forums who's favorite GTA is V, even in this year.

It sometimes get confusing whether or not V gets lot of love, or a lot of hate, sometimes it's one or the other, sometimes it's both...

SonOfLiberty

The only way GTA V will be elevated is if R* do something crazy and controversial like make GTA VI online only and maybe that would make people realise how much they took GTA V for granted seeing as that would make it the last single player GTA game. However that would be an absolute extreme situation. Other than that I think it'll stay the same as it is now.. GTA VI would have to be a pretty bad game for me to regard GTA V as a "masterpiece". 

As Cheats/Tricks said it was different for GTA IV because it was too ahead of its time for the majority of the fanbase to accept the departure from the 3D era. Over time people gradually warmed up to it, but there were others like me that loved it from the first moment we played it. I just don't see GTA V undergoing a resurgence like that. The story for example can only be described as universally divisive with perhaps more dislike than anything as it's not common to see many people praise the story.

Even if the story in GTA VI sucks I doubt you'll see GTA V being regarding as the benchmark for story telling like GTA IV is. In any case no matter how good or bad GTA VI is it wont change my own opinion on GTA V which is an ok/good game with many missed opportunities. 

For the sake of the thread I definitely would go with more criminal/combat orientated based side missions. The game has multiple protagonists, but the variety/amount of side missions related to crime/combat is pretty bad IMO. Trevor sells drugs as part of his business so why isn't that a side mission? Franklin could've had some repossession missions early on kind of like how Niko helped Roman driving taxis for him in GTA IV and Michael could've done some security/bodyguard work for the stars when he starts working with Solomon at the film studio later on.

Of all the things GTA V does wrong that's perhaps the worst offender atleast to me. 

billiejoearmstrong8

I don't think there's anything mysterious about it. IV is praised a lot now because V turned out to be disappointing and not as good in many ways and that made a lot of people appreciate IV more. If VI is more disappointing/worse than V the same thing will happen, if it's better it won't. There will always be some extra appreciation for older games due to nostalgia so it'll get that either way, but I don't think everyone LOVING the previous game and HATING the new one is a guaranteed pattern, it depends on the quality of the games.

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8

Jeansowaty

I kinda think that R* toned down the realism from IV to make it easier for people to play... perhaps people were complaining that the driving was too hard in IV and the walking/combat mechanics were too clunky... I dunno, to me IV was much better in this argument.

Other than that the whole story needs a total rehash. Make the antagonists actual antagonists rather than just douchebags. All 4 were very weak but Stretch tops them all imo, that f*ck literally had no reason to be an antagonist other than he and Franklin were arguing since they saw each other. I think Wei Cheng was one of the better ones in this game. The protagonists are also unlikeable idiots. Why not make Michael more like Max Payne for example? Why not have Trevor be a bit less of a bully? Why again repeat the same "I want outta the hood!" bullsh*t with Franklin? For example with LCS I can freely say that the story is f*cked and there's barely anything left to fix because the protagonist feels completely detached from it, but V has so many holes that it needs a complete rewrite in order to function neatly. How about instead of offing the Lost in the beginning we have them as allies and later they betray you and work with the Triads instead of the O'Neils? How about having Madrazo come back instead of mysteriously disappear? I get that they wanted to bring him back in GTA Online but I don't consider it canon anyway. I kinda think that V's "story" is mostly just a bunch of ideas for action-packed missions R* was coming up with and then they laced it with some glue to hold it together as a story. 

SonOfLiberty
5 hours ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

I don't think there's anything mysterious about it. IV is praised a lot now because V turned out to be disappointing and not as good in many ways and that made a lot of people appreciate IV more. If VI is more disappointing/worse than V the same thing will happen, if it's better it won't. There will always be some extra appreciation for older games due to nostalgia so it'll get that either way, but I don't think everyone LOVING the previous game and HATING the new one is a guaranteed pattern, it depends on the quality of the games.

To be honest I think EFLC done more to help people get back into GTA IV than GTA V's own shortcomings. I know a number of people who found GTA IV a bit disappointing at first, but going back with EFLC by its side helped them. GTA V doesn't even have that benefit so anyone who didn't/doesn't like its story and/or singleplayer I really doubt is going to be swayed to like it any more regardless of what game GTA VI turns out to be. 

I agree though it depends on the quality of the game. Who knows. GTA VI might be that "ultimate GTA" people have searching for and it might be showered in praise from the get go. I mean to be fair even GTA IV and GTA V got their fair share of praise from critics, but among fans it's always been "mixed": Certainly more than the 3D era GTAs.

At the end of the days though i don't think it should really matter too much. It's like me and GTA IV. I've come to accept that's really not the most popular game ever, but I still love it to death. If someone feels that strongly about GTA V it shouldn't matter what others think. 

Cheatz/Trickz
5 hours ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

No, V will not be liked or appreciated more if GTA 6 is somehow worse than it. There’s nothing to overlook in V because everything good about it is likely some sort of extension of a feature introduced in IV anyway that fortunately made it into the game. 

I already appreciate the good in V, there is nothing i’ve missed that a bad follow up is going to make me notice.  

billiejoearmstrong8
23 minutes ago, Cheatz/Trickz said:

No, V will not be liked or appreciated more if GTA 6 is somehow worse than it. There’s nothing to overlook in V because everything good about it is likely some sort of extension of a feature introduced in IV anyway that fortunately made it into the game. 

I already appreciate the good in V, there is nothing i’ve missed that a bad follow up is going to make me notice.  

I dunno, I just think it's inevitable that if the next game is less liked than V people will talk about the ways V is better and appreciate them more, even if it's just in a "at least V let you do this/didn't have this terrible feature" type of way.

TheSantader25

V will never be liked by the people who have bashed it for 6 years. It's not their cup of tea and nothing will change it. Just like many people's opinions didn't change on IV after V's release and they still were critical on it. Though it's pretty ignorant to think that V is only popular because of its online. V's story missions and guides, Easter eggs, etc have the highest views in comparison to any other GTA. that's pretty much the only "stat" we have besides loads of people who considered V one of their favorite GTAs on different polls outside this forum. V has its own fanbase and haters like any GTA and nothing will change it. It's definitely in the top 3 most beloved GTAs with IV and SA. However this forum have a different take on the series. Even SA is bashed here from time to time so it's no surprise to see V destroyed here. 

Edited by TheSantader25

El Penguin Bobo
29 minutes ago, TheSantader25 said:

Even SA is bashed here from time to time

Speaking of which, (and going off topic a little bit), sometimes, I feel like I'm a bit too hard on SA, which makes it seem like it's my least favorite GTA, even though it's really not...

Edited by El Penguin Bobo

SonOfLiberty
1 hour ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

I dunno, I just think it's inevitable that if the next game is less liked than V people will talk about the ways V is better and appreciate them more, even if it's just in a "at least V let you do this/didn't have this terrible feature" type of way.

It'll be interesting if it's as blood thirsty as some of the San Andreas vs GTA IV and GTA IV vs GTA V debates. I have to be honest it adds some flavour to the forum (providing rules are still being respected of course).😉

No doubt R* will remove something from GTA V people liked and it'll piss them off. Seems to be R*'s thing. Even RDR2 isn't safe.

Cheatz/Trickz
On 5/17/2019 at 2:09 PM, TheSantader25 said:

V will never be liked by the people who have bashed it for 6 years. It's not their cup of tea and nothing will change it. Just like many people's opinions didn't change on IV after V's release and they still were critical on it. Though it's pretty ignorant to think that V is only popular because of its online. V's story missions and guides, Easter eggs, etc have the highest views in comparison to any other GTA. that's pretty much the only "stat" we have besides loads of people who considered V one of their favorite GTAs on different polls outside this forum. V has its own fanbase and haters like any GTA and nothing will change it. It's definitely in the top 3 most beloved GTAs with IV and SA. However this forum have a different take on the series. Even SA is bashed here from time to time so it's no surprise to see V destroyed here. 

All because V was designed to be accessible to everyone. It has no target audience. GTA Online is making millions from so everyone and among them will be the squeakers heard online, and then people whose only priority is to own everything in the game before anyone else does. It’s turned Online into a sh*t show but it’s capitalism at its finest so I don’t know whether to whine about Rockstar or commend them.  

This forum isn’t some special corner filled with people who hate V, but as the dedicated forum it’s the only one where the series is discussed and analyzed to a degree not seen elsewhere. The reason V is not as well-liked here is because frankly this is the only place the games are scrutinised top to bottom. On IGN or whatever, it’s mostly just casuals who like basic sandbox gameplay in over something like IV which requires patience and attention, as is much less drop-in friendly. They’re not going to notice everything IV fans do, just the basic surface level stuff which automatically makes V better, but the IV fans here also recognise V’s plus points. I have seen people on those forums type posts all for IV, so they are on there, but they’re met with responses that...lets just say use a lot of punctuation marks to support a flimsy statement. 

Edited by Cheatz/Trickz

TheSantader25
27 minutes ago, Cheatz/Trickz said:

Snip

You have your opinion. Good. But unfortunately you're very entitled to it. Accusing people of being childish and underdeveloped because they have different opinions is disgraceful. 

Then Could you explain to me how even GTA San Andreas missions or videos have more views than IV? They are even more popular than V. It's called popularity. Not because of youtube's age. Quit it with the bullsh*t excuses. 

Nope. I see many well thought out arguments on other places as well regarding the series. It's also more interesting to hear out people who aren't particularly the fan of any game because they can judge without being biased like many people here. The world is full of hardcore gamers and it's pretty stupid to think only the arguments that are made here are valid. This place clearly has gathered a certain group of people. The ones who were on the opposing side have decreased in the forum as well which is understandable because the negativity towards their favorite games could be unbearable for them. 

Edited by TheSantader25

Cheatz/Trickz

Fine, ignore reality and twist words, Santader. I didn’t use “underdeveloped” at all, in any edit. I don’t see discussion on any other forum to the extent that this forum has. And views from people who aren’t a fan of any game are immediately in favor of anything easy and casual because why would they even notice any nuances when they’re not really a fan of any game?  

Edited by Cheatz/Trickz

TheSantader25
7 minutes ago, Cheatz/Trickz said:

Fine, ignore reality and twist words, Santader. I don’t see discussion on any other forum to the extent that this forum has. And views from people who aren’t a fan of any game are immediately in favor of anything easy and casual because why would they even notice any nuances when they’re not really a fan of any game?  

Pretty Hypocritical statement. Close minded af. 

Because not everyone needs to be a fan of the series or signed on this forum to analyze a game to its core. Lol. The world is bigger than this tiny safe space you've created for yourself. 

Edited by TheSantader25

Pink Pineapple
14 hours ago, SonOfLiberty said:

The only way GTA V will be elevated is if R* do something crazy and controversial like make GTA VI online only

or turn it into something ridiculous like this...

NreOsT2.jpg

Cheatz/Trickz

@TheSantader25To analyze something, you need to know about it genius. What are you loling at? Just a poor attempt to dismiss me because you don’t know what to say. You remind me of Osho. 

Edited by Cheatz/Trickz

TheSantader25
39 minutes ago, Cheatz/Trickz said:

@TheSantader25To analyze something, you need to know about it genius. What are you loling at? Just a poor attempt to dismiss me because you don’t know what to say. You remind me of Osho. 

Dude don't you realize that you don't have to be a fan of something to know everything about it? I'm not a fan of Assassins Creed but I know a lot about it and pretty much any game I play. I analyze everything after I finish it to evaluate the product. You can be enjoying video games as a whole while being very hardcore about them and you still might not be a fan. Countless people who review games on YouTube aren't a fab of the series but they enjoy the game and have played the previous installments. 

You're exactly like Osho. The only difference is the game you like(or shall I say hate?) . You don't have anything to say because all your previous statements were nonsense and therefore you can't defend them. Calling people who have other tastes underdeveloped. What sort of mindset is that? Funny how it's coming from the guy who is apparently mature enough to realize the "depths" of each GTA title. 

Edited by TheSantader25

Cheatz/Trickz

Lol