3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Hetraet

Poker is region locked

Hetraet

Update: just found out that when joining my normal network I still have poker unlocked even after joining different lobbies, I might've glitched the game to allow me to play poker even with region restriction. I hope it will stay like that when I restart the game.

gtafan1995

Avast Secureline has 7 days trial

there are also some VPNs that give you 1gb free every month

Hetraet
3 hours ago, Mas u Sees said:

^LMAO.

You cannot sue the because this does not constitute false advertising.

I mean I can(sort of) understand that you are unhappy with Johns Feature set after he becomes a Playable character.

But I certainly believe that R* provided a solid worth with RDRII, I mean the games Singleplayer is packed with content and features, other games would have sold the Epilouge as DLC or something.

That's like saying that when you order a burger that was advertised with a cheese in it despite being served only without the cheese is not false advertising because the burger still tastes good. 

Mas u Sees
3 minutes ago, Hetraet said:

That's like saying that when you order a burger that was advertised with a cheese in it despite being served only without the cheese is not false advertising because the burger still tastes good. 

No it isn't.

Look up false advertising son.

Hetraet
1 minute ago, Mas u Sees said:

No it isn't.

Look up false advertising son.

Why exactly is it not false advertising? If you want to win an argument atleast back it up

@Mas u Seeshere u go

Legal Definition of false advertising

: the crime or tort of publishing, broadcasting, or otherwise publicly distributing an advertisement that contains an untrue, misleading, or deceptive representation or statement which was made knowingly or recklessly and with the intent to promote the sale of property, goods, or services to the public

Hetraet

I gave em bit of a scare, hope this solves our problems. And I hope they don't try to sue me for judging them...idk

Hetraet's reply:

What about I spice things up a notch. Found out enough evidence that your company commited the crime of false advertisement. https://youtu.be/HBYzc6Jwn8s This is official Polish R* channel on youtube advertising this update aswell as POKER ADDITION which is regionaly blocked = non-present/accesible within the game for Polish people. Please try to fix this issue otherwise our community on gtaforums.com could be tempted to take legal action. This is an undeniable proof of false advertisement.

1 hour ago, Mastah said:

Speaking of false advertising, Polish version of newswire article still includes bit about poker, even though it's not available in Poland:

https://www.rockstargames.com/pl/newswire/article/60954/Red-Dead-Online-World-Updates-New-Missions-Poker-and-The-Road-Ahead

We could actually sue them...holy f*ck...not like they don't deserve that but I'm too much of a pussy to go against a company of this size lol. Legally we're right. This is false advertising and that is illegal, it should have legal consequences

CMCSAVAGE
1 hour ago, Hetraet said:

We could actually sue them...holy f*ck...not like they don't deserve that but I'm too much of a pussy to go against a company of this size lol. Legally we're right. This is false advertising and that is illegal, it should have legal consequences

Actually you couldn't and it's not false advertising. You'd have to prove that the Newswire and a YouTube video, both of which are nothing more than a written and visual form of communication that provide info, constitute false advertising.

You could argue that they are advertising, but are they advertisements "with the intent to promote the sale of"? The thing is, you already bought the game. Whether you bought it for SP or online is irrelevant, because what you're not buying, or ever will, are the "free" updates.

Now had they said that poker would be in the game before it even launched and didn't disclose region locks, perhaps you'd have a case. 

Hetraet
1 minute ago, CMCSAVAGE said:

Actually you couldn't and it's not false advertising. You'd have to prove that the Newswire and a YouTube video, both of which are nothing more than a written and visual form of communication that provide info, constitute false advertising.

You could argue that they are advertising, but are they advertisements "with the intent to promote the sale of"? The thing is, you already bought the game. Whether you bought it for SP or online is irrelevant, because what you're not buying, or ever will, are the "free" updates.

Now had they said that poker would be in the game before it even launched and didn't disclose region locks, perhaps you'd have a case. 

They are advertisements, the video is listed as an add. It's simple as that, advertisement is supposed to help monetary gain. There's no business model in which this could work. Some people could buy this game solely for the purpose of playing poker online with friends just to find out it's blocked. Anyway you put it it's obvious they f*cked up. This is false advertisement at it's finest. I wouldn't be right if they didn't promote it on specific Polish promotions but they did.

CMCSAVAGE
15 minutes ago, Hetraet said:

Anyway you put it it's obvious they f*cked up. 

That I agree with.

fejkb

I really have no idea why I expected Rockstar to improve RDO after 5 months. They turned up graphics in RDO making PS4 unplayable (10-15fps). They managed to f up with a god damn poker.

Gambling in GTAO where u have 1 currency you can buy with real money? No problem.

Gambling in RDO where u have 2 currencies and you can only gamble with virtual one with no cover in real money? Banned.

They didn't really add anything to make it fun to play. Almost nothing new to spend our money. I still have 80+ gold bars and 600$+ with nothing to spend on. It's boring, laggy and not even fully available to everyone in the world. It might be last chance to get back some money for my hard copy.

machalCZ
On 5/15/2019 at 6:04 PM, Hetraet said:

I need more info about this.

If you can't access poker after the latest patch let me know what country you from.

I'm from central europe, czechia to be particular and don't know anyone playing this game in my country so I can't tell if I'm the only one here with this issue. It might be possibly region blocked and that's what I fear the most.

Nejsi v tom sám chlape. Taky jsem neskutečně nasr.... Nikde ani zmíňka, že máme smolíka. Ale jak se tu řeší - celé to souvisí s naší legislativou. R* se kreje, aby neměli nějaký poděl. Snad si prostudují naše zákony a nějak to pořeší. Zrovna na tohle jsem se fakt těšil. 

gtafan1995
On 5/18/2019 at 10:48 AM, fejkb said:

I really have no idea why I expected Rockstar to improve RDO after 5 months. They turned up graphics in RDO making PS4 unplayable (10-15fps). They managed to f up with a god damn poker.

Gambling in GTAO where u have 1 currency you can buy with real money? No problem.

Gambling in RDO where u have 2 currencies and you can only gamble with virtual one with no cover in real money? Banned.

They didn't really add anything to make it fun to play. Almost nothing new to spend our money. I still have 80+ gold bars and 600$+ with nothing to spend on. It's boring, laggy and not even fully available to everyone in the world. It might be last chance to get back some money for my hard copy.

just use vpn bro. There are unlimited amounts of VPNs with free trials. Just switch  to another vpn free trial when the other one ends. That's what Ive been doing for my 4+ more years of free vpn.

fejkb
1 hour ago, gtafan1995 said:

just use vpn bro. There are unlimited amounts of VPNs with free trials. Just switch  to another vpn free trial when the other one ends. That's what Ive been doing for my 4+ more years of free vpn.

Why would I? My ping is already terrible and I'm not willing to use VPN just to play one mediocre online game on a console. I'm more willing to pay for some new games and play them on PC with decent fps instead of trying to go around some stupid decision made by Rockstar. They advertise RDO gets poker in my native language and region block it. Not gonna say it's raining and buy an umbrella when they spit on me as a gamer.