Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. Gameplay
      2. Missions
      3. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Arena War
      2. After Hours
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA Next

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

Mad-Monkey_1st

Abusing defenders/offense

Recommended Posts

Mad-Monkey_1st
4 minutes ago, Chrismads said:

I should add, the reason why I killed him, was that he was running around and doing some tackle that instantly killed the victim. He did it on me too twice.

He tackled and I pressed Struggle but immediately died.

Was it the crouch death punch ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chrismads
1 minute ago, Mad-Monkey_1st said:

Was it the crouch death punch ? 

What is that? Lol

He didn't punch me in me privates, he tackled me and I died

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ALifeOfMisery

I've not had any problems with playing defensively so far.

 

I've only been attacked maybe 4 or 5 times since the update, so admittedly I don't have much experience to put forward. But, the couple of times it happened yesterday:

 

The first time it happened I was curious to see how the damage reduction and press charges feature worked, so I let them have the kill, I went down after 4 or 5 Cattleman shots. They were level 28.

 

The second time, level 36 came out of the Valentine saloon, hit me with their Carbine Repeater, I activated S&S 3, pulled out my dual LeMats, they were much better at free aiming than me, but I still practically walked through them, their damage per shot was almost negligible, I spammed express rounds in their general direction until they went down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mad-Monkey_1st
4 hours ago, Chrismads said:

What is that? Lol

He didn't punch me in me privates, he tackled me and I died

 

 

Crouch down and walk to your opponent and punch your character will rise to do the punch and it will be a one punch kill, Very funny to watch as well, our posse had a right laugh doing this as we found it by accident 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chrismads

Oh man thanks for that info. Of single purpose, slippery and the posse name "One Punch Gang" is on my to do list

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Assblaster

I've gotten griefed only twice since the update dropped. I made sure to press charges each time so the dirty bushwhacker faced fines. I remember I got back at one with my trusty scattergun and didn't get a bounty. So cool we can go after the red dots and not get in trouble for it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LooseCanon
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Mad-Monkey_1st said:

 

 

Crouch down and walk to your opponent and punch your character will rise to do the punch and it will be a one punch kill, Very funny to watch as well, our posse had a right laugh doing this as we found it by accident 

This is awesome works every time, 1 punch kill 🤗 before I rejoined my posse I knelt down and said hey look at this one mate came to look I jumped up and one punched him dead.  

 

He didn’t laugh and pressed charges, cost me 50c but was worth it.

Edited by LooseCanon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
netnow66
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Assblaster said:

I've gotten griefed only twice since the update dropped. I made sure to press charges each time so the dirty bushwhacker faced fines. I remember I got back at one with my trusty scattergun and didn't get a bounty. So cool we can go after the red dots and not get in trouble for it. 

Yup, I always press charges, report, block and contact Rockstar.

 

Unfortunately for those who stopped playing waiting for Rockstar to stop the griefing, Rockstar didn't do it. There is still griefing but I must admit that I have encountered less of it. As players get bored, I assume it will increase to the old level. And if 50 cents is all Rockstar charges, Rockstar is tacitly approving the griefing as far as I'm concerned.

 

I do enjoy the quick roam missions but, for free roam, my buddy is investigating a new passive/solo lobby glitch. If you want to play in peace, that is still the only way to go.

Edited by netnow66

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Assblaster
2 minutes ago, netnow66 said:

Yup, I always press charges, report, block and contact Rockstar.

 

Unfortunately for those who stopped playing waiting for Rockstar to stop the griefing, Rockstar didn't do it. There is still griefing but I must admit that I have encountered less of it. As players get bored, I assume it will increase to the old level. And if 50 cents is all Rockstar charges, Rockstar is tacitly approving the griefing as far as I'm concerned.

 

I do enjoy the quick roam missions but, for free roam, my buddy is investigating a new passive/solo lobby glitch. If you want to play in peace, that is still the only way to go.

I dunno anymore, I've had mostly really great and entertaining encounters with other players since the big update. I've never had so much fun with this game until now. I think a lot of rotten apples up and left the barrel. I'm coming across lots of role-players and mostly cool players, not a ton of dirty griefing like before. It was always a warzone awhile back but now it's cool I can mosey down the street without gun drawn and feel comfortable. Problems arise, I deal with em better now because of the advantages of the defensive system and the deterrent of the bounty/fine system. I'm having more fun in public lobbies than I would have in solo lobbies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
netnow66
1 minute ago, Assblaster said:

I dunno anymore, I've had mostly really great and entertaining encounters with other players since the big update. I've never had so much fun with this game until now. I think a lot of rotten apples up and left the barrel. I'm coming across lots of role-players and mostly cool players, not a ton of dirty griefing like before. It was always a warzone awhile back but now it's cool I can mosey down the street without gun drawn and feel comfortable. Problems arise, I deal with em better now because of the advantages of the defensive system and the deterrent of the bounty/fine system. I'm having more fun in public lobbies than I would have in solo lobbies.

C'mon now, in my comment I admitted there is less griefing--but I'm not the only one complaining about still getting popped in game.

 

Some people actually stopped playing because of the griefing and I'm just letting them know, it has not stopped. Again, I have experienced less, but there is still griefing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Assblaster
1 minute ago, netnow66 said:

C'mon now, in my comment I admitted there is less griefing--but I'm not the only one complaining about still getting popped in game.

 

Some people actually stopped playing because of the griefing and I'm just letting them know, it has not stopped. Again, I have experienced less, but there is still griefing.

No doubt, I get bothered now and then but not like before and it's easier for me to deal with it now. Depends on the griefer (his access to cards and explosives especially), but I'm still pretty low-rank and have no big problems yet, knock on wood.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Leftover Pizza

Since Defense Mode is on I see very very little hassle with other players. Also, very very little interaction at all. Most of them leave you be or leave entirely. Of all player encounters I've had since the update, 2 or 3 took a single shot at me and stopped bothering. 

One dumbo tried to lasso me, to no prevail, and stopped bothering me after 10 times.

i don't walk or ride off, but just stay where I am and they'll leave. Before the update just about any dot on the map would kill me just for the sake of shooting someone. 

Only 1 player so far shot me a few times and turned red on the map. Killed the dumbo quick and remained in Defensive mode. So, it seems you may retaliate without a hostility increase if they shoot first. I must admit, I have 't enjoyed the online game as much as I do now. Hunt/gather hassle free. Sell goods and stay alive, ride into a war zone and spectate. 

Defensive mode is actually this game's lifesaver, until griefers found a way around it. Til that moment, i finally enjoy the online game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
-LN-

I was very, very sceptical at first about defensive mode, but since I've started playing again and using it all the time aside from when it's automatically disabled during stranger missions and the like, I've not been attacked or harassed even once. I did see someone try to kill my friend last night, who was not too far away from me, but charges were pressed and that was the last either of us saw of them. Perhaps I've been lucky thus far, but everyone I've come into contact with in FR since the update has either just ridden past me and gone on about their business or stopped, waved, and then rode away.

 

All in all, I must say that I'm quite impressed; the last time I played prior to the update was back in mid-March and people were either very hostile back then or they'd kill you when you least expected and leave the session before you respawned. I'm sorry that some of you haven't had the best luck even after the update; I'm not sure what's going on there, but it definitely seems better than before. Hopefully they'll get whatever bugs are present sorted and no one will be forced to endure the negative elements.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fryday

its disabled during stranger missions? so we still cant do our sh*t, without getting attacked by trolls?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sam Doe
17 minutes ago, fryday said:

its disabled during stranger missions? so we still cant do our sh*t, without getting attacked by trolls?!

Yup, exactly. We still need to cope with the forced pvp aspect.

 

As far as I am concerned though, we have a lot less encounters going south since the update.  Me and my posse only had one big fight with an another posse in the last 5 (long) nights of playing we had. Now most attackers will parley/quit/leave the server real fast after starting sh*t

 

In fact, I believe we haven't been attacked even once for our stranger mission objective since the update dropped. It is only my personnal experience so yes, it might be different for others

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Coxbox

Defensive mode is great, so far, here is a video from my crew member. We like that we can now stay in defensive mode and use Free Aim 100% of the time. We did notice that the griefers are just using different ability cards and more explosive ammo now. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RaigeGames
1 hour ago, Sam Doe said:

Yup, exactly. We still need to cope with the forced pvp aspect.

 

As far as I am concerned though, we have a lot less encounters going south since the update.  Me and my posse only had one big fight with an another posse in the last 5 (long) nights of playing we had. Now most attackers will parley/quit/leave the server real fast after starting sh*t

 

In fact, I believe we haven't been attacked even once for our stranger mission objective since the update dropped. It is only my personnal experience so yes, it might be different for others

The good news here is that the game waits longer to notify other players you're doing a mission. I did two good honor missions last night and finished them both before the game even notified other players

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stoakzee
8 hours ago, fryday said:

its disabled during stranger missions? so we still cant do our sh*t, without getting attacked by trolls?!

Defensive mode is only disabled when playing certain stranger missions but you are alerted to this before accepting the mission so if you don't want to be attacked then only accept the ones that don't take you out of defensive mode, this is what I have been doing when playing solo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smokewood
9 hours ago, fryday said:

its disabled during stranger missions? so we still cant do our sh*t, without getting attacked by trolls?!

As it should be, stranger missions are a pvp activity. The game would be super boring if it had zero pvp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
teejay777
8 hours ago, Coxbox said:

Defensive mode is great, so far, here is a video from my crew member. We like that we can now stay in defensive mode and use Free Aim 100% of the time. We did notice that the griefers are just using different ability cards and more explosive ammo now. 
 

 

nice video, and some bobby womack to top it off. brilliant!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Coxbox

This felt so good I love Free Aim!
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CosmicBuffalo
Posted (edited)

 I was whooping a BW roof elf...so after around 10 kills in a row...he went into defensive mode.  He then used paint it black...he didnt kill me, but he drained all my health...about 2 min later he left defense mode which is b.s., he shouldve been stuck in it, of course of he can pop in and out of it.  I havent tried it yet.  Worst part is, this gnome killed me to start out with a bogus head shot now that nwo1 is nerfed because..."all the griefers use it," so it had to go...now these griefers just gonna pop in defense mode once they start losing...great...and then pop out a second later.  Probably kill you once then hide in defensive mode trying to get kills with PIB.

 

So basically, now I am just going to play in defensive mode.  There is no reason an offensive player should be able to switch out after engaging in a fight...pathetic showing, this is basically passive mode with guns.

Edited by GenericGTAO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Leftover Pizza

They should let players set their prefered playstyle by choice, before spawning in a session. If you give us a "don't bother me" option, then why do we have to switch it on every time again and wait the 30 seconds for it to become active? Perhaps to give the lucky griefer who happens to be at your spawn spot? Makes no sense to me. Just make it a set & forget feature. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hugh750

how can you tell if your still in defensive mode?

i did get killed once, i pressed charges against the player who killed me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rae_97
8 minutes ago, hugh750 said:

how can you tell if your still in defensive mode?

i did get killed once, i pressed charges against the player who killed me.

A shield will occasionally pop up in the bottom left hand corner of the screen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mad-Monkey_1st
4 hours ago, hugh750 said:

how can you tell if your still in defensive mode?

i did get killed once, i pressed charges against the player who killed me.

L1 and R1 then shield will show bottom left of radar 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
That69Guy

Confused about defensive mode.  I was under the Impression that if you killed someone it supposed to take you out of defensive mode.  I seen people griefing killing non stop while in defensive mode.  The video posted above shows that player non stop killing and never was put back in offensive. Either the description is wrong or that video should be called this is why defensive mode is broken.  IDK, am I missing something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Coxbox
1 hour ago, That69Guy said:

Confused about defensive mode.  I was under the Impression that if you killed someone it supposed to take you out of defensive mode.  I seen people griefing killing non stop while in defensive mode.  The video posted above shows that player non stop killing and never was put back in offensive. Either the description is wrong or that video should be called this is why defensive mode is broken.  IDK, am I missing something?

You are getting confused, the way it works is when a player shoots someone, in defensive mode they become aggressive and show up as a red dot. The person who was shot is then free to defend himself without any increase in their hostility. In other words if I get shot once in defensive mode i can shoot the other person as much as i like because they shot me first. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
netnow66
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Mad-Monkey_1st said:

L1 and R1 then shield will show bottom left of radar 

On PS4, when I press back on the D-pad, the shield shows up, bottom left, along with the location, time and honor bar showing up in their usual places.

 

I don't have time to post the full thing now but I've been in a conversation with Rockstar support ever since Offensive/Defensive started. I reported my killing by a griefer while I was in Defensive mode as a glitch. I will post it tomorrow. In the meantime, if you have videos or links of anyone getting griefed/killed while in Defensive mode, YouTube videos also, please keep track of them.

Edited by netnow66

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The FoolYT

What's up with some players being like ghosts? I can't seem to hurt them in any way? 

 

In terms of defensive mode, I don't think I've come across many using it (they prob don't know how to activate it)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.