4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

pizza4life

Never without one not working??

Between3and22char
Posted (edited)

I played yesterday some PVP showdowns (using NWO 3), and I got killed with 1 headshot with full health no explosive ammo, my hat didn't fell off. It's like the video shows, only protects you from dying if you are hit directly in the hat, below that, from any side, is 1 shot kill and the hat won't fall off. At least that's my little experience with NWO after update. I don't know if it's a bug or is an intended change, but to me it doesn't seem very useful anymore.

EDIT: is a change, this wans't yesterday on the patch notes:

" Rebalanced the “Never Without One” Ability Card. It will now only block headshots if the hat itself is shot "

https://support.rockstargames.com/articles/360022898254/RDR2-Title-Update-1-09-Notes-PS4-Xbox-One

Edited by Between3and22char

Fookin Laser Sights
9 hours ago, Mad-Monkey_1st said:

Got be a bug, Why in hell should a defense mode player be one shot dead whilst wearing "Never without one" Hat dont even fly off

, bang once your dead

Can I now say, told ya 😉

Mad-Monkey_1st
15 minutes ago, Fookin Laser Sights said:

Can I now say, told ya 😉

Sure can.  

CosmicBuffalo

Time to go vote again in the card game...what a stupid change.  I am not using defensive.  I am just gonna spam slippery.  The only real dilemma is whether to actually even keep it or switch it out.

ALifeOfMisery
Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, Between3and22char said:

" Rebalanced the “Never Without One” Ability Card. It will now only block headshots if the hat itself is shot "

I'm glad in a way. Only use it because it's literally a lifesaver in freeroam, not because I like the idea of it. Guess that frees up a slot for another card.

That being said that's S&S, PC, NWO that have been "rebalanced" and are no longer what I paid for, alongside PIB and SB that are affected by the defensive play style. 

Time to upgrade some new cards, that'll probably be "rebalanced" and made redundant in future.

Edited by ALifeOfMisery

Between3and22char
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

I'm glad in a way. Only use it because it's literally a lifesaver in freeroam, not because I like the idea of it. Guess that frees up a slot for another card.

That being said that's S&S, PC, NWO that have been "rebalanced" and are no longer what I paid for, alongside PIB and SB that are affected by the defensive play style.

Yeah, I already changed it, got killed from headshots while using it in showdown modes so easily, so I'm gonna try another card and see if now is a better setup.

Edited by Between3and22char

Fookin Laser Sights
16 minutes ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

Time to upgrade some new cards, that'll probably be "rebalanced" and made redundant in future.

That's what I think the idea behind the card was, a life saver for freemode. Saves you once from that surprise attack. Unfortunately it was pretty much overpowered in pvp modes. I don't remember a single time I lost a gunfight whenever I had a hat and the other person didn't (when both of us hit our shots) That combined with the fact that it would respawn (dunno if it was intended or not since you had to use the posse outfits to make it respawn) made it pretty much a must have for most builds. Though imo it's good that they're trying to balance the game instead of it ending up like gta (bulletproof helmets etc) but ngl it's sucks that the cards cost a pretty penny to upgrade...

YaDoesntHaveToCallMeRay
3 hours ago, Between3and22char said:

I played yesterday some PVP showdowns (using NWO 3), and I got killed with 1 headshot with full health no explosive ammo, my hat didn't fell off. It's like the video shows, only protects you from dying if you are hit directly in the hat, below that, from any side, is 1 shot kill and the hat won't fall off. At least that's my little experience with NWO after update. I don't know if it's a bug or is an intended change, but to me it doesn't seem very useful anymore.

https://support.rockstargames.com/articles/360022898254/RDR2-Title-Update-1-09-Notes-PS4-Xbox-One

If they are going to keep changing the damn cards, just do away with them all! 

clinical oppression

wow this is horse s#!t . People bought and upgraded the card based on its stated ability to block a head shot ......wow it now protects you from a hat shot that wouldnt kill you without the card anyway . Well pretty much everyone got screwed on this as the card is now useless . Good thing I got 11 more maxed to chose from . ....but still rob star just got 900 bucks off us for nothing .

jamsroob

So, this means to get the most protection from NWO now, you'll have to wear a big hat with the sides down like the feathered flipflop. My new woolen hat exposes my face to much for NWO to be effective...

Chrismads

Yeah new best hat is feathered flop hat or Cavalier hat (in pink of course)

We all be mighty fancy in showdowns from now on

Also don't underestimate the Kennedy hat if the enemy comes from the right or from the front.

Great new system R*

Fookin Laser Sights
3 hours ago, jamsroob said:

So, this means to get the most protection from NWO now, you'll have to wear a big hat with the sides down like the feathered flipflop. My new woolen hat exposes my face to much for NWO to be effective...

The hats have the same hitbox so size doesn't matter in this case 😉

rae_97

Wouldn't having a cool down on how quickly you can reequip your hat after it's been shot off been a better solution?

Lance_Vance89

This buy-to-win bullsh*t is why I just only played rdr online for the second time ever. I shoot some dude 4 times in the head without him getting killed in a deathmatch and he shoot me once and I died. 

CosmicBuffalo

I do not understand how this can be nerfed.  It was never about low levels not having this card.  This card used to prevent low level and high levels, for that matter,  from one shotting you out in free mode.  There was a glitch to keep the hat on by having a persistent posse outfit equipped in a showdown.  But it never made any sense that your selected outfit with a hat, then you lost the hat upon death.  None whatsoever.  And this "glitch" still works.  S&S still has headshot protection.  Griefers are just going to switch to this card on their horse and equip a damage card which is better to grief with...Defense mode is not a solution to this, if you want to play normal, and then fight these griefers.  This actually just encourages griefers to buy tonics and tobacco a bit more, and does not change the griefers attacking in the slightest.  Maybe in PVP, you will get a nominal change.  But some cards are actually better than having this card equipped depending on play style.

Master Tyrus
9 hours ago, clinical oppression said:

wow this is horse s#!t . People bought and upgraded the card based on its stated ability to block a head shot ......wow it now protects you from a hat shot that wouldnt kill you without the card anyway . Well pretty much everyone got screwed on this as the card is now useless . Good thing I got 11 more maxed to chose from . ....but still rob star just got 900 bucks off us for nothing .

Exactly it's toxic. We were all Guinea pigs for them to test the cards. It's completely useless now, I could of got another foxtrotter for that. 

Fookin Laser Sights
2 minutes ago, Master Tyrus said:

Exactly it's toxic. We were all Guinea pigs for them to test the cards. It's completely useless now, I could of got another foxtrotter for that. 

It's pretty clear when reading the comments that people here aren't used to devs balancing games. Yes we paid 900$ for it but it isn't any different than buying a character in some other game and it getting nerfed after. You don't get refunded after the nerf in those games either. In the long run it's healthy for the game to have balancing going on.

Rev. Gnash
5 minutes ago, Fookin Laser Sights said:

It's pretty clear when reading the comments that people here aren't used to devs balancing games. Yes we paid 900$ for it but it isn't any different than buying a character in some other game and it getting nerfed after. You don't get refunded after the nerf in those games either. In the long run it's healthy for the game to have balancing going on.

$900 dollars is a tidy sum, in this economy. Players should be refunded. IMHO

Master Tyrus
5 minutes ago, Fookin Laser Sights said:

It's not balancing though. It's completely redundant now whilst PIB is still the meta card. They balanced S&S, they destroyed this. 

Failed Again

Rebalanced the “Never Without One” Ability Card. It will now only block headshots if the hat itself is shot

just to be clear

Fookin Laser Sights
22 minutes ago, Master Tyrus said:

It's not balancing though. It's completely redundant now whilst PIB is still the meta card. They balanced S&S, they destroyed this. 

it still gives you a 50/50 chance of surviving a headshot. It definitely hasn't been destoryed. It's just not a must card in pvp anymore which is fine imo.

Master Tyrus
32 minutes ago, Fookin Laser Sights said:

it still gives you a 50/50 chance of surviving a headshot. It definitely hasn't been destoryed. It's just not a must card in pvp anymore which is fine imo.

Yawn. You either get a headshot or you don't so it's 50/50 anyway. They made a $900 item worthless. 

Fookin Laser Sights
Just now, Master Tyrus said:

Yawn. You either get a headshot or you don't so it's 50/50 anyway. They made a $900 item worthless. 

Yawn, tough luck then. You can complain all you want but they're never going to refund it...

Chrismads
6 hours ago, Fookin Laser Sights said:

The hats have the same hitbox so size doesn't matter in this case 😉

How on earth do you know that?

Fookin Laser Sights
Just now, Chrismads said:

How on earth do you know that?

Ran some tests with multiple hats of different sizes and shapes

Chrismads
1 minute ago, Fookin Laser Sights said:

Ran some tests with multiple hats of different sizes and shapes

Well I'm happy to hear that I won't have to walk around the prairie in a feathered hat 

AmyStone

I had my first experience of never without one not working last night. I was shot from a huge distance with non explosive ammo and I was dead instantly. Even after getting killed I still had no idea where they guy was who shot me.

14 hours ago, clinical oppression said:

I've reported it as a bug. As soon as they reply telling me it's how the card works now I'll see if they will refund my $900 and remove the ability card from my set. That's a lot of money to spend on something that has now become pointless.

jamsroob
3 hours ago, Chrismads said:

Well I'm happy to hear that I won't have to walk around the prairie in a feathered hat 

Haha

Lonely-Martin

Stupid trump cards. Get rid completely, full refunds for all!