3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

DirtyDeeds765

No public poker with friends?

Chrismads

You might be right. But it IS a POV @Sam Doe, and if you think you're telling me facts while we're having a discussion I won't even bother with you.

I'm just not satisfied with the state of RDO in terms of economy. Maybe I just need to find other games to play than R*s

deadx23

I don't know how to play :D 🥺 so this is me 

RayD70
5 hours ago, Smokewood said:

One thing I noticed... RDO players are TERRIBLE at poker...  :) It's like pre-black Friday on Poker Stars all over again! Here's a hint - don't go all the way to showdown with bottom pair! lol My wife had to drag me away from the game last night.

Shhhh.... don't educate the ATMs. ;)

Sam Doe
51 minutes ago, Chrismads said:

You might be right. But it IS a POV @Sam Doe, and if you think you're telling me facts while we're having a discussion I won't even bother with you.

I'm just not satisfied with the state of RDO in terms of economy. Maybe I just need to find other games to play than R*s

Bringing the different kind of problems and exploits that would be possible if any collusion happens still looks to me as exposing facts for the most part. (Most part, not all of it I'll give you that)

My second verse though was more of my own perception.

And in regard to the subject : Opening that door means entering a whole new dimension, and we can clearly see that R* is trying to keep everything under strict control. Is that a good or a bad thing As customers? I personnaly think that, as @Jason stated, it would bring more bad than good to open the economy. But hey, that is an opinion and I dont have any crystal ball for sure.

Waingro
17 hours ago, -LN- said:

I haven't got to try it yet; is it tournament poker, cash game poker, or do we have both options? Does it all have the same buy-in amount or can it be changed depending on whether or not it's a public or private table?

The only reason why I think it may not be possible to join a public table with friends is because of collusion, which unfortunately is a very real problem within other poker games. Others will often team up with one another in party chats and the like and work together against random opponents. It's awful and also unfortunately very common; it was a huge part of the reason why I stopped playing one poker game on PS4 entirely.

I do hope they'll at least add more options though! I have been looking forward to playing poker for quite awhile now.

Or just play a public session and include on party chat your friend who's very good at calculating odds and is a pro poker player....you know...if you were...going to do that....

-LN-
5 hours ago, Waingro said:

Or just play a public session and include on party chat your friend who's very good at calculating odds and is a pro poker player....you know...if you were...going to do that....

If someone has to do that or cheat in any way to gain an advantage, they shouldn't be playing in the first place! Poker certainly has a luck element at times, but it's primarily based upon skill, which is not something that is obtained overnight. Sorry, I've just been playing poker since I was old enough to play video games and people who cheat or collude really piss me off like nothing else; I haven't any desire to play with them at all.

The poker games in RDO that I've played thus far are no doubt filled with inexperienced players though; I doubt that many haven't a clue on how to actually play the game or what pot odds actually mean. 😜

The Blast

So if I want to play public poker with my friend, I have to delete him from my friends list, then we have to keep trying to join the same table in the same saloon until we get lucky and end up together, and then we use party chat.

The implementation of poker into this game, given these considerations, is so poor that I wouldn't have minded if they never included it at all. This is garbage.

DarkFlame588

It really is quite boring without the social aspect of it.

Liars dice in RD1 was so fun because of just playing with friends and randos and shootin the sh*t, or gettin in peoples heads. If they bring in liars dice now under these strict zero collusion rules, it just won't be fun anymore.

Xiled
On 5/15/2019 at 9:30 AM, Mas u Sees said:

You clearly haven't experienced the early GTA Online days eh?

In GTA Online you used to be able to gift other players money, guess why they removed that feature?
Right, because the community exploited the sh*t out of it.

Well rockstar did let players change dns and change the amount bounties were worth lol Sharing the money is just a symptom of of the problem. Gotta look at the bigger picture. 

Waingro
On 5/15/2019 at 6:56 PM, -LN- said:

If someone has to do that or cheat in any way to gain an advantage, they shouldn't be playing in the first place! Poker certainly has a luck element at times, but it's primarily based upon skill, which is not something that is obtained overnight. Sorry, I've just been playing poker since I was old enough to play video games and people who cheat or collude really piss me off like nothing else; I haven't any desire to play with them at all.

The poker games in RDO that I've played thus far are no doubt filled with inexperienced players though; I doubt that many haven't a clue on how to actually play the game or what pot odds actually mean. 😜

Was being facetious. Although honestly, I don't have a problem with it. Every public session is filled with idiots going all-in preflop. On every hand. If you can't rob'em in the game, rob'em on the green felt. 

Clickalot

you cant play public even when you are in a party...and I am the only one in that specific session