4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Between3and22char

Can't play poker nor the new story missions

Between3and22char

As the title says, can't do either. Is there anything I should do first? Am I doing something wrong. Any ideas are welcome.

AmyStone

No idea but they were all available for me. Have you done all the other missions? Have you tried reloading?

Between3and22char

Yes, all of them, reloaded multiple times, cleared cache. Nothing. Not even poker, I get by the table and no option to join a game.

Takeshi Kitano
38 minutes ago, Between3and22char said:

As the title says, can't do either. Is there anything I should do first? Am I doing something wrong. Any ideas are welcome.

Hi!
I managed to find a solution, as someone told me (but the first two time didn't work), replay the last mission ("Kill Them, Each and Every One"), but do it/start it from the missions list in the pause menu, not from the quick join option.
After the mission is over and you will be back in free roam, check if they show up.

Hope this might help you!

Between3and22char
3 hours ago, Takeshi Kitano said:

Hi!
I managed to find a solution, as someone told me (but the first two time didn't work), replay the last mission ("Kill Them, Each and Every One"), but do it/start it from the missions list in the pause menu, not from the quick join option.
After the mission is over and you will be back in free roam, check if they show up.

Hope this might help you!

I'll try that, and let you know,

Between3and22char
Posted (edited)

You mean poker too, or only the missions?? played once and I got the yellow marker for "Bring a Goddamn Posse", still no poker.

reloaded the game, the marker is gone. I created a ticket, with 2 videos showing proof. I guess I need to wait.

Edited by Between3and22char

Takeshi Kitano

So it worked? Good!
Only the missions, by the way.

I didn't try poker yet, but i have them and i'm able to start a private match or a public one by paying 25$.

Between3and22char
3 hours ago, Takeshi Kitano said:

So it worked? Good!
Only the missions, by the way.

I didn't try poker yet, but i have them and i'm able to start a private match or a public one by paying 25$.

I went away the yellow marker, still no poker. cleared cache, nothing seems to work, thanks though.

Takeshi Kitano

Well, at this point let's hope they (Rockstar Support) may help you..
You're welcome, it was a pleasure!

Between3and22char
5 hours ago, Takeshi Kitano said:

Well, at this point let's hope they (Rockstar Support) may help you..
You're welcome, it was a pleasure!

Thanks, I played "Kill Them, Each and Every One" once and the marker for the mission appeared, I played 3 out of the 5 missions, last one was "Destroyed by Grief". I guess the other 2 are for low honor. Still no poker, I don't know what to do with that.

Hetraet

No poker for me neither...I also contacted support, missions were working for me though. I'm reinstalling the game and hoping for the best

CaliMeatWagon

You don't even have to play or fully start the mission. Just load it up to the lobby menu (other players are joined), then quit. Fixed it for me. 

Between3and22char
Posted (edited)

The missions, just needed to play "Kill Them, Each and Every One" again, that fixed it.

A friend sent me a screenshot that the poker "was disabled for that player" aka me.

So, got me thinking, I unfortunately have a NAT type 3 on my PS4, I think it could be that.

Picture:

qhHgRXD.jpg

1 hour ago, Hetraet said:

No poker for me neither...I also contacted support, missions were working for me though. I'm reinstalling the game and hoping for the best

What is your NAT type??

Hetraet
5 hours ago, Between3and22char said:

The missions, just needed to play "Kill Them, Each and Every One" again, that fixed it.

A friend sent me a screenshot that the poker "was disabled for that player" aka me.

So, got me thinking, I unfortunately have a NAT type 3 on my PS4, I think it could be that.

Picture:

qhHgRXD.jpg

What is your NAT type??

Idk my NAT type but when playing rdr 1 it always reminded me strict NAT...might be that

Ok just found out I have double NAT that probably needs to be fixed

AmyStone
7 hours ago, Between3and22char said:

Thanks, I played "Kill Them, Each and Every One" once and the marker for the mission appeared, I played 3 out of the 5 missions, last one was "Destroyed by Grief". I guess the other 2 are for low honor. Still no poker, I don't know what to do with that.

I managed to play them all with max honour. Sometimes you have to wait a little while for the marker to appear for the next mission.

MechanicMammal
Posted (edited)

I seem to have the same issue, the new stranger missions are showing but no land of opportunity or poker, just replaying "each and every one" now. Fingers crossed.

And thanks in advance to the possible solution.

(Edit 10 mins later)

seems to have worked riding to the waypoint now so nice one Takeshi Kitano for the tip, and thanks Between3 and22 for starting the topic.

Edited by MechanicMammal

LysySZN
2 hours ago, MechanicMammal said:

I seem to have the same issue, the new stranger missions are showing but no land of opportunity or poker, just replaying "each and every one" now. Fingers crossed.

And thanks in advance to the possible solution.

(Edit 10 mins later)

seems to have worked riding to the waypoint now so nice one Takeshi Kitano for the tip, and thanks Between3 and22 for starting the topic.

It didnt worked for me ;/ no poker and no missions on map

jamsroob
Posted (edited)

Worked for me too, thanx! First there were no markers at all, then I joined a story mission, backed out of it and got disconnected.... Logged in again and the marker below Valentine appeared!

Edited by jamsroob

aFinn
Posted (edited)

Yesterday I had both on the map but didn't do the mission yet. Today when I logged in I didn't have the missionj marker but I did have poker.

After I fast travelled, I got the mission to show on the map again, but only after getting a little closer to it (I was in Rhodes)

Edited by aFinn

Hetraet

Still no poker for me

Fun 2

It seems like Poker is disabled from certain countries, that may explain why you can't see them.

Raylan Givens

I've never done the low honor missions (even the originals).

If I spend gold to lower my honor, how can I ensure those (original) low honor missions pop up? Maybe go low, then replay the very first mission?

JuliuszMCMXCVII
8 minutes ago, Fun 2 said:

It seems like Poker is disabled from certain countries, that may explain why you can't see them.

I do really hope that it is not the case. Otherwise, I want a refund for renewing my ps+ subscription. Poker is the only thing I really care about in this game

Hetraet

Wtf if it is really country blocked then I'm selling this game...It's just not really worth it the grind is slow as hell and unenjoyable, I just wanted to bust someone in poker

Between3and22char
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Fun 2 said:

Thanks, I didn't know that, that certainly can explain why.

If is a NAT type 3/strict they should have done a better job.

If is disabled in certain countries, I'll guess is due to country laws and regulations. If is the country thing I can really be mad at R* for that. I lived in Germany, Spain and South America, the laws and regulations for each country can and are completely different. What it bothers me is that R* didn't mentioned that on the newswire, at the bottom with a "*" and some disclaimer. For example like Netflix, it only matter where you are (gets the location from your public IP I suppose) and the content change from country to country.

Still waiting on R* ticket response, if I have something I'll post it here.

Thank you all for the replies, at least I know I'm not alone.    

Fun 2
34 minutes ago, Between3and22char said:

Thanks, I didn't know that, that certainly can explain why.

If is a NAT type 3/strict they should have done a better job.

If is disabled in certain countries, I'll guess is due to country laws and regulations. If is the country thing I can really be mad at R* for that. I lived in Germany, Spain and South America, the laws and regulations for each country can and are completely different. What it bothers me is that R* didn't mentioned that on the newswire, at the bottom with a "*" and some disclaimer. For example like Netflix, it only matter where you are (gets the location from your public IP I suppose) and the content change from country to country.

Still waiting on R* ticket response, if I have something I'll post it here.

Thank you all for the replies, at least I know I'm not alone.    

This is what R* said about this.

https://support.rockstargames.com/articles/360023069493/A-feature-is-not-available-in-Red-Dead-Online

Answer: Certain features are not available at all times or for all players. This can occur for a number of reasons including regional restrictions, game design, or the incompatibility between features you are interacting with. If the message you receive says the feature is not available "now," the restriction is temporary and you can come back later to access the feature. If the message you receive says the feature is incompatible with another feature, please choose which feature you would like to experience.   

Between3and22char
2 minutes ago, Fun 2 said:

First of all, thanks. There could be several reasons why a certain feature is not available, but in-game couldn't find anything saying that poker is not available, they didn't put a disclaimer on the newswire saying that is region locked (assuming that it is), if indeed is region locked, I won't like it, but I'm fine with it, not R* fault, not putting a disclaimer it is though, and that is what is bothering me the most.

NikosUncle
19 hours ago, CaliMeatWagon said:

You don't even have to play or fully start the mission. Just load it up to the lobby menu (other players are joined), then quit. Fixed it for me. 

I did that and it actually showed the new mission marker but the Fort Mercer mission is showing up too as a yellow icon as if it hasn’t been done. What’s up with that?

CaliMeatWagon
11 hours ago, NikosUncle said:

I did that and it actually showed the new mission marker but the Fort Mercer mission is showing up too as a yellow icon as if it hasn’t been done. What’s up with that?

🤷‍♂️ Cashcards?

NikosUncle

Is anyone still having this issue? I’ve done the first two honorable missions but the third one in Blackwater just isn’t showing up whatever I do.