2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus or tools. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
CreepShow

Is GTA O worth it in 2019?

Big Molio

Jump in OP.

In a few weeks time you’ll have the long white hair, red eyes, rebreather and bowler hat combo, happily firing rockets at your own feet every few seconds.

Touge Spirit Leader

If you are a hardcore GTA4 fan you will hate the driving. GTA5 driving was dumbed down to appeal to children who aren't legally allowed to buy the game.

GTA4's awesome implementation of the Rockstar Advanced Game Engine has been totally neutered in GTA5.

The story mode is far shorter, cheesier, with much less depth and fails to grip those of us who have come to love the virtual crime-drama vibe of classic GTA games.

Quinn_flower

No

Cackling Jack

Gtao has alot to offer in the way of content. PvP or Pve the choice is up to you but I would avoid pvp all togther, focus on getting the basic things first and worrying about the overpriced crap later. As people have mentioned about some youtubers have great "getting started" videos that are worth watching. Friends make the experience alot more fun as well to jam with. Just have fun and enjoy 😎

Teddykgb123

They have dramatically dropped the ball in the past 18-24 months in terms of Online. It's simply about milking us as fast as they can, as often as they can. They clearly half ass every update and there are literally hundreds of cataloged glitches that will screw up your gaming experience... and everything since late 2016 has been hidden behind monstrous paywalls. If you like to be frustrated and set money on fire, this is the game for you!!!!

MissMurkina

Only if you're rich

Lonely-Martin
Posted (edited)

Yep, story alone is TBH. 

Online is great but patience is needed. I know the game gets a bit of heat for it's expensive things and what-not, but also any game you start nearly 6 years later on is definitely gonna see you start a long way back compared to many. Just jump in and look to enjoy familiar modes and learn from there.

Being here is a huge plus. Good players to potentially make things easier or more rewarding with certain challenges, and all the time/money saving tips will help too. :)

Edited by Lonely-Martin
Spelling.

Shiloh Comes
53 minutes ago, Lonely-Martin said:

Yep, story alone is TBH. 

Online is great but patience is needed. I know the game gets a bit of heat for it's expensive things and what-not, but also any game you start nearly 6 years later on is definitely gonna see you start a long way back compared to many. Just jump in and look to enjoy familiar modes and learn from there.

Being here is a huge plus. Good players to potentially make things easier or more rewarding with certain challenges, and all the time/money saving tips will help too. :)

Can't top any of that advice, other than to say - anything that allows you to create a racetrack, jump out of a plane, deliver half a million in nightclub product, shoot some people, power wheelie a motorcycle, barrel roll a jet, drive cars up the side of buildings, smoke a cigar in a hot tub on a yacht, fly helicopters, punk NPCs, dress as anything you can think of, cut your hair, grow your hair and a thousand other things all in the same day - can only ever be worth playing.

And as the icing on the cake, the Declasse Vamos is out now. Apparently.

ilovefreebird
1 hour ago, Shiloh Comes said:

And as the icing on the cake, the Declasse Vamos is out now. Apparently.

And you can now access your RC Bandito through the interaction menu!

Dr.Rosenthal

I’d say, if u have friends playing it’s easy to get started and make decent money. I started playing with a guy 4-5 months ago when he was level 50-ish, we brought him into our circle of friends and he now owns all worthy businesses, Mk 2 Oppressor, Hydra, Buzzard and a bit of other necessary stuff, and he’s got around $10M atm not knowing what to spend it on. He’s gained 100 ranks or so I think.

If you don’t have friends who can help you, it’s a lot harder to get into. But I guess there are grinder crews you could join. It’s all about reading up on guides on the do’s and dont’s. But making money from businesses in full public sessions is doomed to fail.

PNutterSammich
46 minutes ago, Dr.Rosenthal said:

...But making money from businesses in full public sessions is doomed to fail.

With THAT attitude it is!

I've posted tips on this before, but if you do this long enough, you can get a feel for a lobby simply by viewing the status feed and looking at the map.

Selling wise, I try to sell to Los Santos in a busy session if I can. 15 players at least, I try for 22 - 25 if possible.

Choose your sessions wisely. See an OP MKII, change sessions. See red players? Change sessions. Log in and everyone is a white blip and quiet, GO GO GO GO!!

More often than not, most other players will leave you alone in these sessions. I would say on average I've had someone try to come after me once in every 5 sales give or take (it was worse after the Lester glitch when every kid with aggression issues and no balls was able to buy a MKII). 

In that off chance someone does come after you and successfully destroys your product, close the game IMMEDIATELY and restart. If you're fast enough shutting down, you only lose "1 crate" or about 7-10K of product which in the long run is an acceptable rate of loss in comparison to the bonus payouts you make for selling in a busy lobby.

Dr.Rosenthal

@PNutterSammich If that works for you, that’s fine. I know most people don’t have that kind of patience and what you’re suggesting honestly requires a lot of knowledge about the game, thus not being optimal for new players.

I can enjoy a risky sale every now and then too, but your bit of advice is honestly real bad in this context.

PNutterSammich
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Dr.Rosenthal said:

@PNutterSammich If that works for you, that’s fine. I know most people don’t have that kind of patience and what you’re suggesting honestly requires a lot of knowledge about the game, thus not being optimal for new players.

I can enjoy a risky sale every now and then too, but your bit of advice is honestly real bad in this context.

The funny thing is, I have ZERO patience. None. I get pissed every time someone comes after me.

But I lose out on that sweet sweet "high demand" bonus if I sell in a solo session and if $60,000 isn't worth losing my sanity, dignity and self worth, I don't know what is!

Edited by PNutterSammich
speeling

Jenkiiii
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Dr.Rosenthal said:

I’d say, if u have friends playing it’s easy to get started and make decent money. I started playing with a guy 4-5 months ago when he was level 50-ish, we brought him into our circle of friends and he now owns all worthy businesses, Mk 2 Oppressor, Hydra, Buzzard and a bit of other necessary stuff, and he’s got around $10M atm not knowing what to spend it on. He’s gained 100 ranks or so I think.

If you don’t have friends who can help you, it’s a lot harder to get into. But I guess there are grinder crews you could join. It’s all about reading up on guides on the do’s and dont’s. But making money from businesses in full public sessions is doomed to fail.

I usually run the gauntlet in busy lobbies, and try to get a feel for its aggression. It varies greatly. Some lobbies are automatic 'nos', while other lobbies are full of friendly players passing each other (and waving?) on their Oppressor MKIIs. That lovely sight of multiple players shipping guns, coke, airfreight and bigfoot pelts around the map. The thing is, you can never absolutely tell, and the other day I got off-radar attacked and BOOMed by a relatively inexperienced player. And last night I got chased by FOUR buzzing flies on MKIIs when trying to deliver the business battle goods. I didn't make it, obviously, and cackled afterwards at the thought of four sets of rapid dribblers going after an Albany Hermes. Just chill out, guys!

Edited by Jenkiiii

Dr.Rosenthal

@PNutterSammich @Jenkiiii

Sure, neither of you are wrong, all I’m saying is that playing with friends might be an easier way to get into the game at this point. Which it is.