3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

ALifeOfMisery

RED DEAD ONLINE: WORLD UPDATES, NEW MISSIONS, POKER AND THE ROAD AHEAD

Almostnasty

Well, what a pleasant surprise! Time to go Defensive Mode and press charges against griefers that aren’t hip to the update. New clothes and missions, here I come.

JumpingKentFlash

Is it true that there’s been an improvement to the character creator? And if so, do we get a free remake of our character?

P.T.
4 minutes ago, JumpingKentFlash said:

Is it true that there’s been an improvement to the character creator? And if so, do we get a free remake of our character?

im wondering same thing, but from their description it sounds like its simply UI menu changes for character creator and some better descriptions on what things do when changed. It does not sadly sound like anything was done to actually improve the creator itself though . 

RyuNova

First you had my attention, now you have my erection.

Jason

It's well worth loading the game up just for the missions alone. I've got the high honour missions left to do my self and there's still some other new stuff I've yet to see (dynamic events, poker) but I think this update is more the foundation of what is to come rather than being something that's gonna keep us full for weeks to come. The summer update though, oof. If they get that right they've got potentially a really cool PvP system in the bounty hunter role and some nice PvE stuff with the trader and treasure hunter.

The QoL changes are fantastic, there's still that lobby issue looming over their heads but all of those changes are 100% a response to player feedback which is nice to see, and we got (hopefully the first of many variants of) ponchos.

I'd also say that so far that defensive mode seems to be doing a decent job. Did a gang hideout with randoms earlier and I walked right through a posse who were slaughtering police in Blackwater. So far, so good.

5 minutes ago, JumpingKentFlash said:

Just now, P.T. said:

im wondering same thing, but from their description it sounds like its simply UI menu changes for character creator and some better descriptions on what things do when changed. It does not sadly sound like anything was done to actually improve the creator itself though . 

Yea the patch notes just say they've tweaked the menu and UI and nothing more. I've not had an option to edit my character nor have I noticed an option to anywhere (looked in the start menu, barber and tailor). I think they'll add an option to edit our characters when they make changes to the editor its self.

Assblaster

In case anyone's wondering where it is, you set your playing style in "online options".  BTW I love the ponchos!

MostWantedMVP

The creator is more in depth and overall seems like a brand new system. A one that Red Dead deserves.

AUScowboy

It took too long IMO, but I must admit there are some exciting things here. Glad to see gambling make it in this quick, though would have preferred blackjack first. The Lematt is very impressive with its authentic gimmick, these are the touches like giving the Hunter accurate hellfire missiles that keep me coming back despite disappointment with larger issues, silly as that is.

Good job R*, you may actually right this ship after all..

Jason
3 minutes ago, MostWantedMVP said:

The creator is more in depth and overall seems like a brand new system. A one that Red Dead deserves.

Going by the patch notes I'm pressing X to doubt here. Gonna assume you're talking about the feature sliders? They were always there.

MostWantedMVP
Just now, Jason said:

Going by the patch notes I'm pressing X to doubt here. Gonna assume you're talking about the feature sliders? They were always there.

Yeah but it's more in depth and overall seems like a new experience to me.

Jason
Just now, MostWantedMVP said:

Yeah but it's more in depth and overall seems like a new experience to me.

Hmmmm.. Gonna need to see a video of it. Bit sh*tty if they have actually improved it but haven't given us the option to edit yet. I'm sure they will at some point, they did it with GTAO numerous times.

Happy Hunter

I fell asleep earlier, and woke up to this. A very nice surprise. Thank God. At last the wait is over.

I don't know where to start, there's a lot I asked for that seems to be added. Would it be ego'd out to say I'm glad I made this?

MostWantedMVP
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Jason said:

Hmmmm.. Gonna need to see a video of it. Bit sh*tty if they have actually improved it but haven't given us the option to edit yet.

That's why I waited. I knew it would be better waiting until the official release. I knew new features would come eventually.

Edited by MostWantedMVP

RaigeGames

GGQSaTK.jpg

If you havent yet read the game informer article Rockstar shared I highly recommend as it lays out a lot of their plans. This one struck me as it seems they don't plan to add passive mode or free aim lobbies as long as the current system works, but have them ready as a backup if need be

Smokewood
13 minutes ago, RyuNova said:

First you had my attention, now you have my erection.

Everytime I think i'm out...they pull me back in!

(in the godfather voice of course)

4eyedcoupe

I'm just really happy that I have something to do at work now rather than actual work....The forums have been quiet lately and now this update should help and give me stuff to read all day!

Mad-Monkey_1st

Dailies still want you to kill other players even if you have set yourself to Defensive. So us PVE players cannot do a full set of dailies or even accomplish the new settings of completing x amount in a row 

Jason
2 minutes ago, Mad-Monkey_1st said:

Dailies still want you to kill other players even if you have set yourself to Defensive. So us PVE players cannot do a full set of dailies or even accomplish the new settings of completing x amount in a row 

Mhm, I really hope they double the amount of daily challenges (so 14) with 7 being purely PvE and 7 being PvP and you only need to do 7 total, so you can go full PvP or PvE or mix and match.

Smokewood
4 minutes ago, Mad-Monkey_1st said:

Daily Challenge Updates: In response to your feedback, we’ve removed all PvP-related Daily Challenges from Free Roam and added a number of new Daily Challenges and Rewards, including Challenge Streaks with progressively increasing Gold rewards.

Give it a few days to clear...

Shadowfennekin

Not thrilled at the idea of one gold per level..... f*cking those of us who actually played in the ass. 48 gold missed.... -_-

Nice to see us Ultimate Edition people still get free sh*t

f*ck PS4 exclusive crap, will it just die already?! 😡

And I was right, dripfeeding FR characters...... of course. Hope Arthur and John are some of them. I love seeing Sadie but I'm not going to play her missions, I hate the Grizzlies

CakeLuv
15 minutes ago, Jason said:

Hmmmm.. Gonna need to see a video of it. Bit sh*tty if they have actually improved it but haven't given us the option to edit yet. I'm sure they will at some point, they did it with GTAO numerous times.

They improved some of the skin textures from what I can tell and the sliders are way more flexible, an example would be how the wide nose can go as thin as the thin nose preset and so on

4eyedcoupe
Just now, Shadowfennekin said:

Not thrilled at the idea of one gold per level..... f*cking those of us who actually played in the ass. 48 gold missed.... -_-

And I was right, dripfeeding FR characters...... of course. Hope Arthur and John are some of them. I love seeing Sadie but I'm not going to play her missions, I hate the Grizzlies

48???  Try 101 on one account and 73 on the other...Yea, that sucks!

I hope they fixed the honor system so that hunting doesn't give you good honor.  Has anyone noticed?  I chose "Bad Honor"  in the story mssions and had max bad honor, but just hunting to survive gave me max high honor, never thought that was right.

DarkFlame588
Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, Shadowfennekin said:

Same feeling with the extra gold for award resets, I've already maxed out some of the easy ones...

Edited by DarkFlame588

Jason
Just now, CakeLuv said:

They improved some of the skin textures from what I can tell and the sliders are way more flexible, an example would be how the wide nose can go as thin as the thin nose preset and so on

Did you notice any new sliders? Nose bridge, eyes, chin or anything like that?

P.T.

So can someone please confirm somthing for me. Someone on twiter is claiming there is still auto head shots in showdown series matches ( but the description they posted said  "which in turn makes competitive gameplay such as Showdowns more rewarding and balanced" .....

So id prefer someone from here confirm that is not truely working right yet, or this kid just doesnt know anything .

Jabalous

New Story missions? I'm back then, and will also check out those dynamic events. I've no interest in PvP. 

Danish Crusader

Well, with the new update I decided to jump back Online to see how quickly someone would shoot me.

And while Valentine did turn into a Warzone, the few people who shot at Defensive Mode people were quickly swarmed and killed by NPCs.

This is awesome! I can finally play in peace!

CakeLuv
1 minute ago, Jason said:

Did you notice any new sliders? Nose bridge, eyes, chin or anything like that?

Not any from what I remember but they work slightly different since the limitations have been somewhat removed, I only played around with some of the girl presets and the comparison betwen how your characters end up now vs before is extremely pleasing to me since I've deleted around 22+ characters since release :yee: kinda ashamed to admit I've more experience with the char creator than hunting, pvp, stranger missions, etc lmfao

Jason
Just now, CakeLuv said:

Not any from what I remember but they work slightly different since the limitations have been somewhat removed, I only played around with some of the girl presets and the comparison betwen how your characters end up now vs before is extremely pleasing to me since I've deleted around 22+ characters since release :yee: kinda ashamed to admit I've more experience with the char creator than hunting, pvp, stranger missions, etc lmfao

Where the f*ck is my edit appearance option then Rockstar :(

P.T.
1 minute ago, CakeLuv said:

Not any from what I remember but they work slightly different since the limitations have been somewhat removed,

what limiations were removed?