2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

ALifeOfMisery

RED DEAD ONLINE: WORLD UPDATES, NEW MISSIONS, POKER AND THE ROAD AHEAD

TheLordMarvel

GOOD-f*ckING-BYE BETA!!!!

• The Beta label has been removed from the Red Dead Online logo and text

Assblaster

It's like christmas, loving everything in this update, and poker!!! what a great surprise! And I'm so happy they fixed the ambient occlusion in SP and online, with ps pro it's a really gorgeous game now.  Good update I'm happy. Looking forward to player roles.

Hetraet

This update is pretty dope but not gonna lie that I'm really f*cking sad that they haven't fixed John and are almost completely neglecting SP. All of the effort we made just for a stupid hairstyle for John and all of it was useless. Atleast the AO problem that also originated in the hairstyle petition thread got fixed... We're not so useless after all

Jason

Rockstar fixing the AO has played havoc with the frame rate. Noticing a lot more frame drops in St Denis, the low honour mission in there is pretty rough.

P.T.

ok so for one , to all those people who claimed " they cant add poker because its gambling with real money" ..... hows that working out for ya now ? I knew that was not true at all but some reason some really believed that lie hard. Glad poker is finally in .

Also , while i still want to see free aim (only) lobbies and showdown series , this is a very nice step in the right direction with doing away with those stupid easy auto head shots. All these little kiddies running around in free roam and in showdown series are about to scatter like coachroaches when you turn the lights on. You kids days are numbered. Next they will be the ones crying for invite only lobbies hahahaha. 

Glad to see more missions included as well. Really like pretty much everything i read in this update.This finally breathes some hope into this game again , something it really needed as before i could not bare playing it more than a very short period at a time. Looking forward to some poker with my friends tonight ! 

Jason
Just now, P.T. said:

ok so for one , to all those people who claimed " they cant add poker because its gambling with real money" ..... hows that working out for ya now ? I knew that was not true at all but some reason some really believed that lie hard. Glad poker is finally in .

That argument never applied to RDO because you can't buy cash in RDO, so I really have no idea what you're on about here.

Dr.Rosenthal
Posted (edited)

All this sounds extremely good actually. Too much to wrap my head around without trying it out for myself!

I’m a little disappointed that instant flick headshots are gone because I’d gotten quite quick at that, but with all the other changes it sounds like it’s a step in the right direction anyway.

Poker, fully functional LeMat, roleplay options down the road (also the fact we can choose to combine them), new free roam missions etc etc etc plus all the stuff we already knew about defensive/offensive playstyles.

I really love the Press Charges functionality (lol!!), and the fact that 100% hostile players will respawn in another state altogether. Truly great stuff.

Higher Gold payouts sounds good too but we also already know that R* can easily just make future stuff more expensive so it evens itself out in the end. But! This here is no time for bitchin’, I’m excited to hop on to see what’s new!!

EDIT: I forgot the ONE most exciting thing!!! DYNAMIC EVENTS that give XP, cash and even Gold payouts. That’s f*cking epic!!! 

Edited by Dr.Rosenthal

Spider-Vice
3 minutes ago, Jason said:

Rockstar fixing the AO has played havoc with the frame rate. Noticing a lot more frame drops in St Denis, the low honour mission in there is pretty rough.

I've always believed that there was a legitimate reason for them to disable AO/lower the AO setting. It was one of the criticisms with non-X/Pro consoles that the frame rates were pretty bad in some more complex areas. What they could do is change the AO solution to something a bit more basic, or lower its resolution instead of its intensity...

DarkFlame588

Only took them half a year, but very nice.

Lets hope the connections have improved also.

ghostsoap01
Just now, Spider-Vice said:

I've always believed that there was a legitimate reason for them to disable AO/lower the AO setting. It was one of the criticisms with non-X/Pro consoles that the frame rates were pretty bad in some more complex areas. What they could do is change the AO solution to something a bit more basic, or lower its resolution instead of its intensity...

Either that or make it an option to disable at the player's behest (unless thats not possible)?

P.T.
4 minutes ago, Jason said:

That argument never applied to RDO because you can't buy cash in RDO, so I really have no idea what you're on about here.

i agree totally. but if you had time and looked thru numerous threads here, many were making this "arguement" for a while that it couldnt be done in RDO . Im pumped its in now. Im ready to hit the tables ! 

Spider-Vice
3 minutes ago, ghostsoap01 said:

Either that or make it an option to disable at the player's behest (unless thats not possible)?

It should be, RDR2 has selectable graphics options (according to the companion app code), possibly for the future PC version, I've always wondered why they don't have some advanced technical menu where people can enable or disable some things on consoles as they see fit. GTA V for instance also uses a graphics settings file on consoles, just like PC.

Still, lacking that, they should just review their ambient occlusion solution...

Smokewood
7 minutes ago, P.T. said:

i agree totally. but if you had time and looked thru numerous threads here, many were making this "arguement" for a while that it couldnt be done in RDO . Im pumped its in now. Im ready to hit the tables ! 

It is going to get competitive fast. I hope they add in tournaments some how.

Deadman2112

Lot's of crow was eaten today.

Son of Dutch

New Mode is Fun as well

Smokewood
1 minute ago, Deadman2112 said:

Lot's of crow was eaten today.

I'll eat some - no problem....

I'm happy

P.T.

"Updates have been made to the Red Dead Online Character Creator, improving menu layouts and adding descriptions/illustrations"

So by the wording it just sounds like the menu UI and some better descriptions was added to this ? Can anyone confirm that is all that has changed with this.Or did they finally fix it to allow us to make better characters ? Also im guessing in doing so you lose your current progress since its not mentioned that you wont......

Really wish they would give this character creator some more attention and allow us to make our characters better without losing rank, money , xp, etc

LooseCanon

Just riding along and some stranger asked me to give him a lift somewhere so I did and got some $ and xp 👍

kenmy13999

Have to say, this made me want to log on to play rdo for the first time again this year..  How many new missions are there? Story missions, not pvp 

Deadman2112
Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Smokewood said:

I'll eat some - no problem....

I'm happy

Oh, I had my slice of humble pie as well lol

GG R*

Edited by Deadman2112

Jason
Posted (edited)

I didn't keep complete track of it but completing 3 of the new missions (2 honour, 1 all) will net you about $400 give or take. Doing all of them (4 honour, 1 all) will get you about $550 I think. There's some good shootouts in the low honour missions and last mission, haven't done the high honour ones yet.

Edited by Jason

Hetraet
9 minutes ago, LooseCanon said:

Just riding along and some stranger asked me to give him a lift somewhere so I did and got some $ and xp 👍

ok that's pretty cooooool

P.T.
5 minutes ago, kenmy13999 said:

Have to say, this made me want to log on to play rdo for the first time again this year..  How many new missions are there? Story missions, not pvp 

• Five new A Land of Opportunities Missions have been added to Red Dead Online:
    • Bring a Goddamn Posse
    • The Hanging of Tom Davies
    • These Bastards Can Fight
    • Banks Don't Rob Themselves
    • Destroyed by Grief

• Three new Free Roam Mission types have been added into rotation in Red Dead Online, and can be launched from any Free Roam Mission giver:
    • Destroy
    • Jailbreak
    • Stolen Wagon

Waldbear

Finaly its here

Emmi

Did someone say ponchos? ... first you had my curiosity ... NOW you've got my attention! 😂

ThaBirdCoot

Well...wasn't expecting this to be honest. Still my motivation to play is low.

Emmi
2 minutes ago, ThaBirdCoot said:

Well...wasn't expecting this to be honest. Still my motivation to play is low.

Same for me ... it's basically same issue now with RDO that stopped me from playing GTAO ... the enormous loading times in between matches and stuff ... it's a chore!

P.T.
2 minutes ago, Emmi said:

Same for me ... it's basically same issue now with RDO that stopped me from playing GTAO ... the enormous loading times in between matches and stuff ... it's a chore!

so the loading times have increased now with this update? Because i have honestly felt i spend much less time in the "clouds" loading into things than i did in GTA V . Maybe its just me .

Marcinguy

I went back to GTA Online for a few months there but with this update it seems like now is a good time to jump back into RDRO. Gonna have to get to work on my lowly Rank 3 character.

Zicko666
  • Fixed matchmaking and network issues that should eliminate or reduce the chance of encountering the following error codes: 0x20010004, 0x20010006, 0x30005006, 0x99260000, 0x99360000

I get error 0x20010006 like crazy since patch. Also stubble still doesnt work. Come on