4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

ALifeOfMisery

RED DEAD ONLINE: WORLD UPDATES, NEW MISSIONS, POKER AND THE ROAD AHEAD

Jason
1 minute ago, Fun 2 said:

This may be mind blowing to you, but did you know that in game development, your network and where you are based as well as the settings of your console or TV may cause issues in the game ?

Consoles do have the same issues but it happens more often on PC, that's why they need to take their own time developing the PC version.

I don't think your location, router/console/tv settings potentially causing issues in an online game would blow the mind of a toddler these days.

What I do find weird though is that from what I'm seeing people are having no issues or all the issues, which includes things like constant DC's, game mechanics degrading or breaking completely, animals/AI not spawning and softlocks - the type of which are the same style of crashes Anthem was having that can corrupt data.

Could easily just be a case of a vocal minority having issues, GTAF and reddit isn't exactly a huge sample size but yea, kinda weird if it's not that, it's not common for a console game to have such a range of issues and of that severity (softlocks).

raysis

I contacted the support since i cant get into showdown mode.

They mentioned it could be about cache files getting corrupted, 

Here is what they wanted me to try first: 

1. Press and hold the PlayStation button on your controller
  2. Select Turn Off PS4
  3. Let the PlayStation 4 fully power down and wait at least 30 seconds
  4. Restart the PlayStation 4
  5. Hold L1 + R1 while booting up the game

I cant test it yet but let me know if it helped anyone else with some online issues.

Son of Dutch
1 hour ago, raysis said:

I contacted the support since i cant get into showdown mode.

They mentioned it could be about cache files getting corrupted, 

Here is what they wanted me to try first: 

1. Press and hold the PlayStation button on your controller
  2. Select Turn Off PS4
  3. Let the PlayStation 4 fully power down and wait at least 30 seconds
  4. Restart the PlayStation 4
  5. Hold L1 + R1 while booting up the game

I cant test it yet but let me know if it helped anyone else with some online issues.

This don’t work... R* being lazy as usual. It’s the issue from the their side 

Happy Hunter

The showdown thing - if I get stuck on a loading screen, I bring up recent players, join someone in a red dead free mode session. It's not great, but it can at least get you out of that.

Mad-Monkey_1st
17 hours ago, Jason said:

It's so weird that some people have major issues and some don't. I've had 1 DC total in my time playing since the update, no crashes, only 1 bug (mission not showing up). I wonder what it is, cause it's not like I'm seeing half the issues some people are having, it's all or nothing.

I could understand if it this was PC with all the different hardware but on console it's bizarre to see problems like this.

Had blue screens in the hours after the update along with many bugs that all seem to have steadied up now. !st 24 hours after updates are usually bugy but its been fineb since although im only hunting and doing odd stranger and npc work, Did hour n half of the fishing dupe yesterday ans sold 300 muskie but got bored quickly made 2.5k though 

No diconects for me though although my mate got a couple whilst trying to sell muskie 

As stated above clear your cache regularly and open all ports that will help immensely and improve gaming but wont wont cure the bugs at R* end 

Edited by Mad-Monkey_1st

Shane_Dbns

Game is really unstable right now. Constant disconnects, weird glitches, massive framerate drops, infinite loading screens etc. Rockstar's hotfix for duping seems to have wrecked the game

Happy Hunter
14 minutes ago, Shane_Dbns said:

Game is really unstable right now. Constant disconnects, weird glitches, massive framerate drops, infinite loading screens etc. Rockstar's hotfix for duping seems to have wrecked the game

Ugh, I hope that changes quickly. They had just got it going more smoothly, better animal spawns, less despawning, looked nicer overall.

Faltskogian

Towns with no npcs, no npcs riding around out in the wilderness, stranger mission with no one there to give you the missions. Strewth R* it's getting worse by the day.

BUT THE BENZ
34 minutes ago, Shane_Dbns said:

Constant disconnects, weird glitches, massive framerate drops, infinite loading screens etc

I saw at least 20 dead horses piled up on top of each other, twitching and moaning, right in front of the valentine post office. it was a gruesome sight.

Son of Dutch

it’s sucks how R* is not even recognising these issues 

Lonely-Martin

What I find daft is that we'll have to wait and see with the next DLC some point in the summer to fix stuff. Why can't these guys do like my other games and send out a post DLC patch DLC.

GT sport is no way near as popular as these open worlds and they do it every time if something gets bugged, same with Minecraft. It's like clockwork with those. Here with R*, it's months and months of waiting in hope. (And often disappointment).

We know they can fix much, money glitches seem to be plugged even without a download. C'mon!

Edited by Lonely-Martin

Supern

I've noticed other the last few days a lot of see-through players riding/standing in the wild, and still some stranger mission problems. But a part from that, the game has worked better than before. That has changed for me today. First I loaded into the Bayou, unable to call for my horse and not able to spawn any animals or fish. Having invisible players disappear or standing still. After calling my horse fifty or so times, it finally spawned, and I changed my mode to "defensive" to go fishing for the daily challenge. Thirty seconds or so later I was disconnected. Loaded the game again, managed to fish in empty waters for a few minutes. A couple of fish spawned, I got three, but the game only counted two of them. Walked to another river and no fish would spawn. Tried to load in free roam once again, it didn't work. Disconnected. Tried again. Loaded in, was disconnected pretty fast. Loaded again. No animals, no fish. Horsey dosn't want to spawn again.

Managed to get to Valentine to see the post office (after reading about it here). Rode along the train-tracks, it got worse and worse (lag/FPS) and I was waiting for a new disconnection, but it didn't happen. At the post office no other players or animals were around, other than about 250(!?) burned brown horses that continued to spawn on top of each other while I walked by them. Rode as fast as I could to the general store and changed my buckle to another for the daily challenge. So I got that one at least, for the streak.

Bully2comingsoon

Whispering accomplishments, and yelling out flaws. Ngl I hate to see it.

Edited by Bully2comingsoon

rusbeckia

today's lobby problems probably have to do with the dupe glitch that's out right now. calling your horse is most of the times not possible, piles of dead horses, NO wildlife, pikes I caught disappeared in my arms, no npc horses, etc

Leftover Pizza

So, this crap is still not fixed? This game is very much still beta......

rusbeckia
5 minutes ago, Leftover Pizza said:

So, this crap is still not fixed? This game is very much still beta......

the dupe glitch? It's a different one

S1ster P1stol

No hate, but y'all act surprised R* isn't doing anything about the bugs. GTAV is still buggy as hell today and do you think they'll fix it? No. Maybe minor things but I'm sure it's gonna be like that forever. Cars still fall out of nowhere even in story mode on GTAV.

RyuNova

R* knows when the issue is on their end.

They should give the player one Gold Bar each time they are disconnected for reasons beyond their control. Lets see how long it takes them to fix issues when they are the ones losing money.

Leftover Pizza
10 minutes ago, RyuNova said:

R* knows when the issue is on their end.

They should give the player one Gold Bar each time they are disconnected for reasons beyond their control. Lets see how long it takes them to fix issues when they are the ones losing money.

I don't think they'll be bothered with giving free gold bars much. I've gotten 23 so far this week. Not complaining, though. 

Chrismads

I wonder if the dead sessions is regional.

Is anyone from europe not having a problem with the sessions right now?

Mine are dead. No animals and no npc's

Nerfgoth
3 minutes ago, Chrismads said:

Mine was dead could have fun with zombies tho......

Edited by Nerfgoth
Spelling error

jamsroob
1 minute ago, Chrismads said:

I've got the same problems also...

LeftTurnus

Decided to check out the RDO update last night. Started a whole new character. Alot more customization options. This one I actually like the looks of.

Initially had 3 PS4 blue screens. Totally powered down the PS4 and those problems went away.

The story missions went fine, stranger mission went fine.

Could not find how to go to defensive mode (read about it to try again later), but the radar changes allowed me to avoid the idiots that are out there. Encountered several players in free roam with no problems at all.

Ran into one of the new stranger side of the road mini missions and it was a nice surprise.

With more content and better controls against griefers this is a step in the right direction.

Should be more tweaking of the abiity cards to where they simply are not too strong. The ability cards should give a slight edge, not dominate, and all should have effective counters where it still comes down to player ability and not card strength which determines the outcome.

Overall a pleasntly surprising update.

RyuNova
30 minutes ago, Leftover Pizza said:

I don't think they'll be bothered with giving free gold bars much. I've gotten 23 so far this week. Not complaining, though. 

Its only a promotion.

I have been given thirty five since I logged in on Thursday. I mean after its all settled, people are still getting kicked for R* issues in GTAO five years later but like you said, I aint complaining. I used them to buy a solid load out that will set me up for the rest of the game.

Edited by RyuNova

rusbeckia
2 hours ago, Chrismads said:

no problems in a solo session that a friend of mine hosted

RyuNova

Nope, still not happy with the payouts.

It should be a MINIMUM of fifteen dollars per mission. We should not have to do a ten minute long mission for eight dollars, travel across the map to the next Quest giver, do another ten minute mission and ad nauseum for an hour just to afford a coat. I can walk out of Valentine, get my Fishing Rod out and make more money standing still in the same time. If they are putting so much effort into the Quests then make them the most profitable way to earn money.