2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus or tools. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
Sign in to follow this  
Aznknight

I/E top range source/sell only, patched?

Aznknight

This is regarding the I/E top range sourcing/ selling only, exploit.

Since last Thursday, after sourcing then selling a top range and I try for the 2nd time, the sell screen (where you click to sell it for 100k) the screen will freeze. I would be unable to sell a top range again in that session. I would have to restart the game everytime.

Has anyone else come across this issue?

Zarbon
Posted (edited)

For the love of GOD, can people stop calling everything a goddamn exploit or glitch?

Edited by Zarbon

Aznknight

I'm 100% sure. Almost factual that Rockstar did not intend us to source and sell just top range vehicles. If I am doing it in a certain order to get the maximum benefit not intended by Rockstar, then I'm exploiting the developer's oversight.

So back to topic. Has anyone come across the issue I mentioned?

Jenkiiii
Posted (edited)

The bottom line is, Rockstar couldn't give a monkey's crap how much money you make from selling high-end cars. The game is in its sixth year and if you're clever enough to rake in the cash then good for you. What Rockstar do care about is selling old stock: hangars, warehouses, cars, etc. to up-and-coming players who have started recently or within the last year and who are likely to supplement their spending with shark cards.

TL;DR
Don't worry about it, OP. It's definitely something on your end and not a patch implemented by Rockstar. Try a cold boot of your system/router.

Edited by Jenkiiii

-LN-

I just recently filled up mine again to the 10-10-12 set-up and have yet to experience what you have, but the other night I did encounter a three minute+ black screen after applying the mods/upgrades to a car that I had selected to sell. After the black screen finally went away, I appeared outside of the warehouse but did not have the car. I then walked back inside the warehouse to have a look on the computer, and the car was no longer listed nor was it anywhere to be found in the session itself; I had also lost the 20K I had spent for the mods. However, I didn't have to close the game or session to source/sell another, so I'm not sure. I agree with @Jenkiiiithough; it's very likey nothing that has been implemented by R* to stop this, but rather something on your end.

gtafan26

The reason it may not be working for you is you have duplicate in one of the ranges,  for the 10/10/12 method to work, you can not have any duplicates of the same make/model, go thru and check.

Aznknight

Yeah I'll try a hard boot even a full re-install. I have had to re-do the prologue and recalibrate every single time I start the game. Probably that haha

jargonaut
2 hours ago, Aznknight said:

This is regarding the I/E top range sourcing/ selling only, exploit.

Since last Thursday, after sourcing then selling a top range and I try for the 2nd time, the sell screen (where you click to sell it for 100k) the screen will freeze. I would be unable to sell a top range again in that session. I would have to restart the game everytime.

Has anyone else come across this issue?

Not sure if it's a bug or a recently added "feature", but it's there alright and not just for you. Now, for whatever reason, the game seems to bug out right after sales type selection screen IF you try to do two sales in a row without being a productive member of the society in between. Since I only bother with I/E during bonus weeks, I haven't been able to test it much, but at least for me stealing/sourcing an I/E vehicle, or sourcing or selling CEO crates during the I/E sales cooldown avoids a game restart. VIP work might work too. Furthermore, I'm quite sure I witnessed the same bug in a couple of full org/four car sales, so the extra excitement is not just for lonely wolves. If I had to guess, the cache doesn't clear properly after completing an I/E sale, and chaining sales from the same vehicle warehouse will crash/jam the game. An easy "workaround": just make sure to steal/source at least one vehicle back asap after each sale. Routines, baby.

pez2k
2 hours ago, Aznknight said:

I'm 100% sure. Almost factual that Rockstar did not intend us to source and sell just top range vehicles. If I am doing it in a certain order to get the maximum benefit not intended by Rockstar, then I'm exploiting the developer's oversight.

Sorry to resume this point briefly, but the game scripts are specifically written not to give duplicates, it's not a bug or oversight. There's a most efficient way to collect I/E cars, in the same way as it's more efficient to do it with a Cargobob (with its own drop-off animation, therefore not an exploit either), and it's more efficient to fail the drone part of Client Jobs (has its own special dialogue, therefore not an exploit). An exploit for example would be an old feature in the I/E scripts that would repeatedly retry awarding the payout if the player was offline at the time of delivery to make sure they got it, and would pile up once reconnected - as it was an exploit of unintended functionality it was patched.

As for the question itself, I've not had any issues with sales recently, however I've not tried two sales back to back without absolutely nothing between them (e.g. a steal, VIP work, or Client Jobs).

jargonaut
10 minutes ago, pez2k said:

As for the question itself, I've not had any issues with sales recently, however I've not tried two sales back to back without absolutely nothing between them (e.g. a steal, VIP work, or Client Jobs).

I can only speak of my own experience, but I don't think I lost a single vehicle to this bug despite my dozen or so forced restarts during the sales process. So IF you feel like doing some science today and attempting back-to-back sales you shouldn't lose more than a bit of time. (Any test results would be highly appreciated!)