2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus or tools. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
Sign in to follow this  
DPRK

why is the jerry can so awkward when I try using it?

DPRK

two things I run into. One is that when pouring it, my character always keeps stopping for no reason and i gotta keep re-pressing the button and i struggle to continuously pour it when i want

Second is Idk how to effectively destroy a vehicle with it. Seems like sometimes just a tiny puddle in front of the car is enough to engulf the car in 5 seconds. other times, i can dump half of the can around the entire vehicle, it'll burn for 10-15 seconds and then the flame will just go away and leave the car undamaged.

any advice for me? thanks :) 

Urban Legends

"Just" aim and pour. You should hold the aim button or maybe the fire button continuously. Start at one point.. Circle the vehicle and make a puddle where you started. Maybe even jump on the car and do a little dance. 

There is another thread further down on the first or second page.. Make sure to look it up for a more better look at how to use the jerry can.. Yeaaa Mo' Betta 

REXX

You can't aim with it. You press R2 and hold it - thats it.

*remembers rare launch glitch to get unlimited fuel*

Gridl0k
Posted (edited)

Drop the jerry can by the rear driver-side wheel, shoot it, job done.

Edited by Gridl0k
you drive on the wrong side

Zader

Hold R2 until you've got a big enough puddle under the engine block, set it alight, take a few steps back.

If you're having problems repeatedly "aiming" it whilst holding R2, your controller might be dying.

That, or you might be getting too close to an object, causing your character to pull away from it and sort of "holster" it in a sense, to avoid clipping.

Big Molio

Time of the month

DPRK
1 minute ago, Big Molio said:

Time of the month

i have never seen you post anything helpful or nice in these forums. you don't have to post in my threads.

everyone else, alright I got a couple answers I'll keep in mind for next time. thanks. 

Big Molio
14 minutes ago, DPRK said:

i have never seen you post anything helpful or nice in these forums. you don't have to post in my threads.

everyone else, alright I got a couple answers I'll keep in mind for next time. thanks. 

It was a joke you daft bugger

mjace72

I've been doing Blow Up 4 for past 3 weeks with the jerry can.  Cars only require about 3 splashes, meaning starting with a full 100 jerry can you'll be at 97 after first car.  The basement vehicles require 10 to 12 splashes.  Start at front hood of vehicle for most cars, but start at rear of vehicle for mid and rear engine cars.  A couple splashes, no need to circle a vehicle, time is money here.

DPRK
1 hour ago, mjace72 said:

I've been doing Blow Up 4 for past 3 weeks with the jerry can.  Cars only require about 3 splashes, meaning starting with a full 100 jerry can you'll be at 97 after first car.  The basement vehicles require 10 to 12 splashes.  Start at front hood of vehicle for most cars, but start at rear of vehicle for mid and rear engine cars.  A couple splashes, no need to circle a vehicle, time is money here.

Hmmm ill consider the engine placement, alright thanks.

But i find the basement cars to be the easiest to ignite in my experience. the wastelander only takes a puddle worth about 3 units of gasoline right in front and it's done for.

Jenkiiii
1 hour ago, mjace72 said:

Sorry buddy, that's an incorrect statement. The Simeon missions are timer-based missions, so the longer you take (10-12) minutes, the better you get paid, especially as this is a 2X week paying upward to 60k. Just take your time. Gas cans spawn free of charge too.

Anyway, OP, this is a seriously daft question :D.

Sanches
Posted (edited)

Good to see an old fashioned pyro around.

But regarding your character stopping thing. Try to figure out if your controller/keyboard is working properly. If it's the keyboard, maybe you're pressing a combination of keys that unbind the other buttons. Some old keyboard models have this feature, which is useless in gaming.

Edited by Sanches

mjace72
On 5/13/2019 at 2:41 PM, Jenkiiii said:

Sorry buddy, that's an incorrect statement. The Simeon missions are timer-based missions, so the longer you take (10-12) minutes, the better you get paid, especially as this is a 2X week paying upward to 60k. Just take your time. Gas cans spawn free of charge too.

Anyway, OP, this is a seriously daft question :D.

"Time is money" is just a saying and used in reference to spending the time to completely circle a vehicle and drown it in gasoline for no reason.  You're talking to someone who spends the 15 minutes in contact missions.  I've only seen 46,200 for these missions but I play invite only and do these missions solo so can't comment on the 60k payout in 10-12 minutes.