4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

owenomac

Worst character in RDR2

Oldsport
6 hours ago, Dan_1983 said:

I never to this day see the point in Swanson.

oh yeah true. dont think most of the guys in the gang were religous. every one in camp shouldve been able to offer arthur something in the game. pearson with food, swanson resets your honor or makes it move faster whenever he gives you a confession, strauss should loan you money, bill gives you ammo etc

Equatecurl
On 5/14/2019 at 6:06 PM, spoonman039 said:

Charles. he is actually a good character, but pretty boring because he's too calm of a person, like he doesn't have feelings.

he's better in the epilogue because of his interactions with Uncle.

Have you never heard of the strong silent type

Journey_95
Posted (edited)
On 5/12/2019 at 10:29 PM, Jabalous said:

Sadie

Seemed like a forced overpowered character. The story could've worked without her no problem. Nothing to lose

Yep, just a badly handled "strong" female character. I'm not sure why strong female characters these days have to be cold and crazy & act like they are better than everyone else. She was such a forced character, I'm just glad she didn't have a big role until the last part of the game

On 5/20/2019 at 1:11 AM, ~INDIO~ said:

Noticed this straight away and it ruined the game quite a bit for me.

Tilly giving Bill stick was completely uncalled for, why the hell was she even there? It was a complete joke.

Then of course Sean would get it in the other mission, because "Mary Beth can fight better than any man" or some other cringey bullsh*t😂😂

It's totally laughable

They shoehorn that sort of stuff in to shut up PC obsessed people. RDR2 was still rather balanced in this regard compared to other games, tv shows etc. imho

Edited by Journey_95

~INDIO~
Posted (edited)
On 5/27/2019 at 7:02 AM, Journey_95 said:

Yep, just a badly handled "strong" female character. I'm not sure why strong female characters these days have to be cold and crazy & act like they are better than everyone else. She was such a forced character, I'm just glad she didn't have a big role until the last part of the game

They shoehorn that sort of stuff in to shut up PC obsessed people. RDR2 was still rather balanced in this regard compared to other games, tv shows etc. imho

The PC obsessed sheeple you speak of are completely boring and deluded, dopey bastards.

They drain the life and fun out of everything and are not seeking equality, that is just a fact.

Would've preferred R* to completely leave that crap out and focus on actual GAMEPLAY & MISSION DESIGN, rather than relying on today's sh*tty politics.

They always have RDR3 to make up for it, here's hoping people have some actual common sense around the time the next game comes out. Fingers crossed.

Edited by ~INDIO~
Herbert mooon

O.Z
On 5/26/2019 at 9:20 AM, Dan_1983 said:

80% of the people in the gang were pointless. I really hated the camp part of the game, from slow walking to pointless conversations with people I couldn’t care ratsass about...

Journey_95
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, ~INDIO~ said:

The PC obsessed sheeple you speak of are completely boring and deluded, dopey bastards.

They drain the life and fun out of everything and are not seeking equality, that is just a fact.

Would've preferred R* to completely leave that crap out and focus on actual GAMEPLAY & MISSION DESIGN, rather than relying on today's sh*tty politics.

They always have RDR3 to make up for it, here's hoping people have some actual common sense around the time the next game comes out. Fingers crossed.

To be honest while I wish Rockstar didn't pander to the PC obsessed people for me RDR2 was still really great and they didn't go too far (hell Sadie barely has a role until the last part, thank god) compared to other stuff these days. It didn't really take over the game or anything.

I hope things get better but honestly so far the opposite is happening, that Rockstar (famously sh*tted on everyone, including PC folks) pandered to them shows how influential they are. Apparently constantly getting butthurt over everything works and people listen to them..not sure how things can be normal again

Edited by Journey_95

TheSantader25
Posted (edited)

If this PC sh*t keeps on infecting every form of entertainment, I have no problem with dying before I even hit the 40s. I'll be better off dead than witnessing this crap. 

Edited by TheSantader25

O.Z
21 minutes ago, TheSantader25 said:

If this PC sh*t keeps on infecting every form of entertainment, I have no problem with dying before I even hit the 40s. I'll be better off dead than witnessing this crap. 

Very silly thing to say really...

There are other forms of entertainment besides the TV. Take outdoor activities for an example, tennis, surfing, MTB trails, snowboarding, football, basketball etc. All those are also 100% more rewarding than watching pixels on a tv screen. You need to re-evaluate your life

Darealbandicoot

Worst character in RDR2? The immortal Red Dead Online character who everybody welcomes and are super nice to lol. 

UndeadPotat0

The Mexican dude who keeps asking for a shooting competition. 

crazedZ10
On 5/26/2019 at 9:20 AM, Dan_1983 said:

he can be annoying but I kinda like him and am glad he at least has some development

He was the gang doctor but rockstar didn't really show this to us annoyingly. 

owenomac
On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 12:11 AM, ~INDIO~ said:

Noticed this straight away and it ruined the game quite a bit for me.

Tilly giving Bill stick was completely uncalled for, why the hell was she even there? It was a complete joke.

Then of course Sean would get it in the other mission, because "Mary Beth can fight better than any man" or some other cringey bullsh*t😂😂

It's totally laughable

The way the game treats the guys, compared to how it treats the women, especially in the endings...

GinsengElixir
Posted (edited)
On 5/30/2019 at 5:45 PM, UndeadPotat0 said:

Amen.

To add to that, the annoying women who keep getting trapped under their horses, asking us to drop them at a town when I'm on business. Good lord..

Edited by GinsengElixir
Spelling

AzelfandQuilava
On 6/3/2019 at 11:47 AM, owenomac said:

The way the game treats the guys, compared to how it treats the women, especially in the endings...

Yeah its not like all the guys were actively killing and robbing folks, hence why they're the ones being tracked down after 1899...

Compared to the women who were also basically just sitting at camp for most of the game, hell Karen may or may not have herself to an early death. That's pretty f*ckin' depressing given that everyone who survives Chapter 6 else gets off lightly.

GinsengElixir

Wonder why we never hear about Karen. Out of all the girls I'd like her to have a happy ending. But I guess it's more likely she was the one giving out happy endings in exchange for a bottle of Kentucky Bourbon.

Tilly marries a rich man.

Mary-Beth a famous writer.

Sadie a lonely, degenerate bounty hunter.

Abigail dies of cancer.

They more or less get what they deserve. 

As for the men, Charles probably lives a decent life.

Swanson redeems himself. 

Pearson looks happy as a shopkeeper.

Everyone else dies savagely at some point. 

DrDetroit
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, GinsengElixir said:

Tilly marries a rich man.

Mary-Beth a famous writer.

Sadie a lonely, degenerate bounty hunter.

Abigail dies of cancer.

Abilgail dies of cancer?  I do not believe it was explained in RDR. Just that she died in 1914.

"...and deserves got nothing to do with it!" 

William Munny

Edited by DrDetroit

GinsengElixir

Or maybe it was lumbago, can't recall. 

Gtaman_92

I honesty think Abigail died from Tuberculosis. I remember hearing her coughing pretty bad a few times around the ranch on RDR 1. It’s entirely possible that she may of even contracted it from Arthur.

crazedZ10

Honestly I would've just had Karen tag along for the St. Dennis robbery and die during the shootout. I think her and Tilly were a missed opportunity. Tilly used to run in a gang, she should of had more action, same with Karen, who clearly is no stranger to heists. Guess they just put all their eggs into the Sadie basket. Also cut Mary Beth out entirely, sorry but she's genuinely useless.

Smokewood
On 5/30/2019 at 11:45 AM, UndeadPotat0 said:

Why doesn't he go away?

Now I murder his ass every time he shows up.....

GinsengElixir
17 hours ago, crazedZ10 said:

Honestly I would've just had Karen tag along for the St. Dennis robbery and die during the shootout. I think her and Tilly were a missed opportunity. Tilly used to run in a gang, she should of had more action, same with Karen, who clearly is no stranger to heists. Guess they just put all their eggs into the Sadie basket. Also cut Mary Beth out entirely, sorry but she's genuinely useless.

They could've swapped Tilly and Mary-Beth out for some tougher, rougher more whore-ish characters who did more than wash clothes. That would've been cool. 

Oldsport

just replayed the horsemen of the apocalypse mission, i found it so funny how sadie was screaming like a bitch when the odriscolls surrounded her but then as soon as arthur comes she stabs them all and then starts speaking like a tough guy like she wasnt just screaming for help lol f*ing rockstar man

PapasHota

The worst are that romeo and juliet in chapter 3 sh*t filler characters.

GinsengElixir
3 hours ago, PapasHota said:

The worst are that romeo and juliet in chapter 3 sh*t filler characters.

Ah yeah, how could I forget. What were R* thinking. They mat have been trying to lighten the tone, but usually when they do that the content is hilarious. 

That whole story arc was severely pointless.

O.Z
3 hours ago, GinsengElixir said:

Ah yeah, how could I forget. What were R* thinking. They mat have been trying to lighten the tone, but usually when they do that the content is hilarious. 

That whole story arc was severely pointless.

Still 10 times better than Guarma!

Dan_1983
8 hours ago, O.Z said:

Still 10 times better than Guarma!

Can't be anything worse. Even Chapter 1, which I find painfully slow is better than Guarma.

DoctorMike

Mary-Beth, Karen, Swanson, Pearson, Tilly, Sadie, Strauss
These characters are literally pointless and add nothing to the game, these filler characters were just added to fill the story up which I find absolutely pointless.