Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
      4. Frontier Pursuits
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Diamond Casino & Resort
      2. DLC
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA 6

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA IV Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA SA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA VC Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA III Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

owenomac

Worst character in RDR2

Recommended Posts

owenomac

I'm awfully late to the table, being a working man - one has little time to finish games as long as this. I finally got around to it, and I thought I'd start with wow, that was pretty cool. But not without its flaws. Let's talk bad characters.

I personally disliked Sadie Adler. Her voice was strained and annoying, and her writing seemed, well, stupid. I really did try to like her, but the more I was forced to rider with her, I found myself disliking her even more. 


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
happygrowls

Javier.

 

He's well written in the first half of the game, but post Guarma he's just aggressive to Arthur for literally no reason other than "he's bad in rdr1"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
owenomac
1 minute ago, happygrowls said:

Javier.

 

He's well written in the first half of the game, but post Guarma he's just aggressive to Arthur for literally no reason other than "he's bad in rdr1"

Aye, I noticed that too. At the start he's like a cool musician, but then just drifts into nothingness

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GinsengElixir

Reverand Swanson comes to mind. I can't tell whether I think this because I was supposed to, or that he was actually a sh*t character.

 

I often disliked things that I was actually supposed to. For example I hated being in the swamps, Shady Belle etc....then I read in Arthur's journal that he felt the same. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jabalous

Sadie

 

Seemed like a forced overpowered character. The story could've worked without her no problem. Nothing to lose! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dark Rosewood Varnish

Sean. One of the most annoying characters ever featured in a game by Rockstar. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LorshZontek

idk tbh, their are so many great charecters i would have to say micah even though its the point, he is a complete cunt, i dont even like him as a villain 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
owenomac
24 minutes ago, Jabalous said:

Sadie

 

Seemed like a forced overpowered character. The story could've worked without her no problem. Nothing to lose! 

Yes I agree. Everything about her is bad, especially in the epilogue. Didn't mind her too much in the main game, but damn was she annoying later on. I hope the DLC (if there is) does not feature her. 

27 minutes ago, Jabalous said:

Sadie

 

Seemed like a forced overpowered character. The story could've worked without her no problem. Nothing to lose! 

Do you think she was just created in response to the criticism Rockstar faced over "lack of strong wamen" - even then she makes little sense as the other females were awesome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GinsengElixir
Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, owenomac said:

 

Do you think she was just created in response to the criticism Rockstar faced over "lack of strong wamen" - even then she makes little sense as the other females were awesome

 

Seems like it. She was a fukin Captain Marvel from the start of ch.3.

 

The other girls were great. Karen was a riot, even though she was a drunk. Mary-Beth, was a dreamer but could pull off a robbery. Tilly was very conscientious and intelligent. Grimshaw was strong albeit a bully, but she did it for the camp. Abigail was a strong single mother, devoted to her son. Yeah she was a nag but John was a useless cunt at this point.

 

The point it, they were all well rounded yet had flaws. The game would not be the same without them. They were believable. Sadie was a killing machine on par with any if the gang. I don't mind her desire for revenge but would have liked her to not be a T-1800 cyborg killing machine. Weaken her up a little R* ffs.

 

Edited by GinsengElixir
Spelling mistakes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
owenomac
11 minutes ago, GinsengElixir said:

 

Seems like it. She was a fukin Captain Marvel from the start of ch.3.

 

The other girls were great. Karen was a riot, even though she was a drunk. Mary-Beth, was a dreamer but could pull off a robbery. Tilly was very conscientious and intelligent. Grimshaw was strong albeit a bully, but she did it for the camp. Abigail was a strong single mother, devoted to her son. Yeah she was a nag but John was a useless cunt at this point.

 

The point it, they were all well rounded yet had flaws. The game would not be the same without them. They were believable. Sadie was a killing machine on par with any if the gang. I don't mind her desire for revenge but would have liked her to not be a T-1800 cyborg killing machine. Weaken her up a little R* ffs.

 

I know, I'm worried they'll make a DLC involving her. Her voice acting is what's most annoying, that and the "I'm super tough" trope 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
confederatestatesgta

agent milton. i just did not like him that much. not to mention the fact that he was not seen very much in the game. and he killed mac callander. of course we never met mac. milton robbed us the opportunity to meet him. and honestly i think i like ross more of an antagonist than milton. plus we actually get the satisfaction of killing ross. unlike milton.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Negan009

Mrs Adler is not impressed.

 

tumblr_pmiylirmwN1w6uvq7_400.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LorshZontek
49 minutes ago, confederatestatesgta said:

agent milton. i just did not like him that much. not to mention the fact that he was not seen very much in the game. and he killed mac callander. of course we never met mac. milton robbed us the opportunity to meet him. and honestly i think i like ross more of an antagonist than milton. plus we actually get the satisfaction of killing ross. unlike milton.

milton did have a point though about the gang and he did give them a opportunity to give up dutch and the rest of them would be left alone but seeing as how things played out i doubt they would not be left alone anyway 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oldsport

worst character is SADIE. They couldve made her more realistic and not the annihalator she basically was. honestly, i think she shouldve gotten kidnapped at some point early in the game by the odriscolls or something and when we save her, arthur lets her get her first kill or something. Also her voice was the worst.

 

2nd spot for most annoying is dutch. he was too cartoony for me, he kept saying the same sh*t over and over again, its hard for me to think that anyone wouldve took serious in real life. he shouldve been abandoned a looong time ago. again, they couldve made him more believable.

4 hours ago, happygrowls said:

Javier.

 

He's well written in the first half of the game, but post Guarma he's just aggressive to Arthur for literally no reason other than "he's bad in rdr1"

yea, i noticed that as well. i really ended up liking him in rdr2 but once we get back from guarma, im like nope. hes a cunt now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
owenomac
8 hours ago, LorshZontek said:

milton did have a point though about the gang and he did give them a opportunity to give up dutch and the rest of them would be left alone but seeing as how things played out i doubt they would not be left alone anyway 

Agreed, that was a bit meh. I was looking forward to beating his ass. But glad Abigail got the shot and not Sadie..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
crazedZ10
Posted (edited)

I can't decide if it's Sadie or Micah. They are essentially the same character, generic "wacky" pycho's who have no actual goals and can't go 5 minutes without having a violent outburst. 

 

Micah was the worst antagonist they've ever written. His survivor line makes 0 sense. His goals make 0 sense. Idk they could of made it that he was upset in the beginning because his blackwater score he spent a long time planning went badly, even something like that would of added character to him. 

 

And Sadie, nothing makes sense about Sadie. First of all why does she have a "ranch" in middle of f*cking snowy nowhere. They could of easily made that into something like Minnie's Habbadashry she and her husband were passing through. She's crazy but no one acknowledges it. Arthur doesn't shout at her for attracting O'Driscoll's and getting an innocent man killed (he pesters Dutch but not her) he doesn't say a word after she blew their cover in a city where they commited a massacre, just sh*t like that. Scrap Charlotte (sorry Charlotte) and just give all that to Sadie in chapter 2 and she'd at least be a bit more believe 

Edited by crazedZ10
Guuhe4432wet6yunjuttg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Guest176525326

Sadie goes from being a housewife to The Bride("Kill Bill") in a matter of months... she is the most feared bounty hunter of all time, she makes Black Belle look like a school girl. 

 

Great writing Rockstar, Mr. Tarantino would be proud

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spoonman039

Charles. he is actually a good character, but pretty boring because he's too calm of a person, like he doesn't have feelings.

he's better in the epilogue because of his interactions with Uncle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
crazedZ10
1 hour ago, spoonman039 said:

Charles. he is actually a good character, but pretty boring because he's too calm of a person, like he doesn't have feelings.

he's better in the epilogue because of his interactions with Uncle.

I think they became too afraid tbh. Remember that bison mission where he kills without hesitation, I think his persona was originally supposed to be someone calm that that can snap at the drop of a hat. That combined with his chapter 6 hair would make him into a badass. Though I can't really complain because I really did like his final character. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Caped Crusader

Though I loved Red Dead II, in my personal opinion the characters are kind of weak. Even John whom I adore got on my nerves though it was intentional.

Charles is the exception though, I love that dude

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
owenomac
On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 3:57 PM, crazedZ10 said:

I can't decide if it's Sadie or Micah. They are essentially the same character, generic "wacky" pycho's who have no actual goals and can't go 5 minutes without having a violent outburst. 

 

Micah was the worst antagonist they've ever written. His survivor line makes 0 sense. His goals make 0 sense. Idk they could of made it that he was upset in the beginning because his blackwater score he spent a long time planning went badly, even something like that would of added character to him. 

 

And Sadie, nothing makes sense about Sadie. First of all why does she have a "ranch" in middle of f*cking snowy nowhere. They could of easily made that into something like Minnie's Habbadashry she and her husband were passing through. She's crazy but no one acknowledges it. Arthur doesn't shout at her for attracting O'Driscoll's and getting an innocent man killed (he pesters Dutch but not her) he doesn't say a word after she blew their cover in a city where they commited a massacre, just sh*t like that. Scrap Charlotte (sorry Charlotte) and just give all that to Sadie in chapter 2 and she'd at least be a bit more believe 

Well I think Sadie doesn't make sense because Rockstar felt pressured to put in a "badass" female, no matter how absurd. When she just comes across as an bulletproof idiot 

8 hours ago, The Caped Crusader said:

Though I loved Red Dead II, in my personal opinion the characters are kind of weak. Even John whom I adore got on my nerves though it was intentional.

Charles is the exception though, I love that dude

True that, I'd hang with Charles IRL

10 hours ago, crazedZ10 said:

I think they became too afraid tbh. Remember that bison mission where he kills without hesitation, I think his persona was originally supposed to be someone calm that that can snap at the drop of a hat. That combined with his chapter 6 hair would make him into a badass. Though I can't really complain because I really did like his final character. 

He is a stark comparison to Sadie, he is the victim of racial bias all his life, a torn identity, but still manages to stay calm and wise. 

On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 9:34 PM, O.Z said:

Sadie goes from being a housewife to The Bride("Kill Bill") in a matter of months... she is the most feared bounty hunter of all time, she makes Black Belle look like a school girl. 

 

Great writing Rockstar, Mr. Tarantino would be proud

She is feared because she is bulletproof. Kevlar plot armour. Because muh wamen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gtaman_92
Posted (edited)

Easily Micah. R* went way overboard and made him a western Trevor Philips. Characters like Ross, Milton and even Dutch at least had some justifications for what they did and showed some redeemable qualities, with Micah we got none of that. Nothing about him felt believable. He was simply evil to the point where it felt forced and unrealistic, it was as if a 12 year old came up with him or something.

Edited by Gtaman_92

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smokewood

Micha is a great character, you guys are wach...

Worse character in the gang was Tilly.

Worst is entire game... IDK, maybe Gavin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
UpTheDowngrade
2 hours ago, Smokewood said:

Micha is a great character, you guys are wach...

Worse character in the gang was Tilly.

Worst is entire game... IDK, maybe Gavin.

I agree. The stagecoach robbery with her and Bill...Such blatant disrespect toward Bill, and cringey voice acting from the one who voiced Tilly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
~INDIO~
18 hours ago, UpTheDowngrade said:

I agree. The stagecoach robbery with her and Bill...Such blatant disrespect toward Bill, and cringey voice acting from the one who voiced Tilly.

I found that dialogue absolutely pathetic. The whole situation was ridiculous

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
crazedZ10
On 5/18/2019 at 7:14 PM, ~INDIO~ said:

I found that dialogue absolutely pathetic. The whole situation was ridiculous

Same situation with the Mary Beth / Sean robbery. It's all just...bad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
UpTheDowngrade
9 minutes ago, crazedZ10 said:

Same situation with the Mary Beth / Sean robbery. It's all just...bad

Hated that mission. I was pissed, yelling at the tv lol. I couldn't believe they didn't have another character at least give Arthur sh*t for being so tryhard egalitarian.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GinsengElixir

It's a shame that the majority of men in camp are portrated as idiots. 

 

Only Hosea and of course Lenny/Javier, seems to have any dignity and poise. But Micah, Sean and Bill...dumb as rocks. John is a deadbeat Dad, Dutch and megalomaniacal sociopath whilst Arthur doesn't have a backbone until he's dying, and even then he just does other people's bidding. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
~INDIO~
2 hours ago, GinsengElixir said:

It's a shame that the majority of men in camp are portrated as idiots. 

 

Only Hosea and of course Lenny/Javier, seems to have any dignity and poise. But Micah, Sean and Bill...dumb as rocks. John is a deadbeat Dad, Dutch and megalomaniacal sociopath whilst Arthur doesn't have a backbone until he's dying, and even then he just does other people's bidding. 

 

Noticed this straight away and it ruined the game quite a bit for me.

Tilly giving Bill stick was completely uncalled for, why the hell was she even there? It was a complete joke.

Then of course Sean would get it in the other mission, because "Mary Beth can fight better than any man" or some other cringey bullsh*t😂😂

It's totally laughable

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dan_1983

I never to this day see the point in Swanson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.