1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Derik25/02

Saints Row 5 Leaked Accidentally (First Deep Silver Next-Gen Game?)

Derik25/02

Heey,I was responsible for the leaked screenshots of the Rockstar Games developer who was supposedly playing "Midnight Club Reboot". Now bring some evidence and information about development from Next Saints Row (SR5) . I was checking out some profiles on ArtStation and I found some Devs who were involved on development from Saints Row Series , a Deep Silver Volition developer named David Payne list a Deep Silver game in development with codenamed "Secret Project X " where he claims to be working as "Hardsurface Lead " of this project. Many should question " It could be any other title from Deep Silver Volition " but this Dev has been working only in the Saints Row franchise (not to mention that his last game worked was Agents of Mayhem "Saints Row Spin-Off). Has dont a date and platform for "Secret Project X" that started its development after the Agents of Mayhem, could be Next big title of next generation (Playstation 5 and Xbox Scarllet)

Deep Silver Developer Profile: https://www.artstation.com/walruseater/profile

https://i.redd.it/h4dwfnsi4sx21.png

https://i.redd.it/vg12pqkk4sx21.png

Static
Posted (edited)

Except he works at Epic now and the last game he worked on was Fortnite, not AoM.

Edited by Static

Jason
9 hours ago, Derik25/02 said:

Heey,I was responsible for the leaked screenshots of the Rockstar Games developer who was supposedly playing "Midnight Club Reboot".

🤔

Not sure that's a claim to fame given that they were proven fake and people (me lol) figured out how they got on XBL servers. Knowing that they were fake and how they got onto the servers I would think it's very likely that the person who "found" the pictures was the person who created the fake pictures and profile and posted about it on reddit.

But yea I think a new Saints Row being in development is pretty much all but officially confirmed at this point. Deep Silver aint buying the IP and Volition for no reason.

Hmmm nice bike
2 hours ago, Jason said:

But yea I think a new Saints Row being in development is pretty much all but officially confirmed at this point. Deep Silver aint buying the IP and Volition for no reason.

Not to mention, every time someone publicly asks Volition on social media or on a stream anything about a new Saints Row, they just say "We can't talk about anything at this time." And Saints Row is their most popular franchise. Considering how Agents of Mayhem flopped, I doubt their new project is a sequel to that.

Big Fat Paulie

Yeah, a new Saints Row is probably in development if Deep Silver's constant dodging of the question and the Switch port of the third game are anything to go by.

However, after Gat Out of Hell and Agents of Mayhem both turned out to be widely despised financial and critical flops, they're going to have to be careful in how they handle the revival of Saints Row.

SR1 was essentially a generic low-budget clone of GTA San Andreas and IIRC was initially intended to be a one-shot project but sold well enough to gain a cult following.

The concept of Saints Row as a fully-dedicated franchise came about as a direct response to the grimdark "realistic steak" approach that Grand Theft Auto IV took.

While GTA IV had the most well-written story and dialogue of any GTA game, the gameplay and side features were frankly quite boring and bland, and SR2 was conceived as a more self-aware and tongue-in-cheek take on the more gonzo and over the top elements of the 3D Era GTA games in an attempt to win over GTA fans who were alienated by the direction that R* went with for GTA IV.

SR3 was the zenith of the franchise and was at the right place and the right time. It was released in an era where the gaming community had largely moved on from GTA IV but the hype for GTA V had not started to build yet.

While SR1 was largely a generic mid-2000's GTA clone and SR2 was a comedic homage to the PS2-era GTA games, SR3 was an over-the-top parody of GTA, the video game equivalent of a Leslie Nielsen spoof film and was fairly well made and loved by the fans.

SR4 was where the cracks began to show as the map was recycled wholesale from SR3 and while the superpower stuff was cool in and of itself, it rendered a lot of gameplay element mainstays such as vehicles and weapons essentially redundant and pointless, and it honestly would have worked better as an unrelated superhero game than as a Saints Row game. The fact that it was released shortly before GTA V did not help matters.

Also, if GTA IV was too serious of a game, then SR4 was too ridiculous of one. It felt less like Leslie Nielsen and more like Seltzer & Friedberg or the later seasons of Family Guy, and the ending of the game set the stage for later mistakes.

Gat Out of Hell was quite literally a glorified DLC sold as a full game and removed character customization despite that being arguably the most popular aspect of gameplay in the Saints Row games and it killed the franchise.

Agents of Mayhem was intended to be a stealth reboot of Saints Row and a means to salvage the series after Gat Out of Hell had killed it, but was an utter trainwreck in its own right.

The fact that the next-gen releases of GTA V and especially GTA Online have gone in a more over-the-top direction over time has also taken away the main advantage that helped get Saints Row on the map in the first place.

Don't get me wrong, there is still potential in the Saints Row IP but Deep Silver has to be very careful in not only developing the new Saints Row game but also marketing it. Agents of Mayhem and Gat Out Of Hell are mostly forgotten now, but it's not been so long ago that a premature leak or a misguided announcement can't jog the memories of those flops in the minds of the gaming community.

Hmmm nice bike

In that case, they need to make a game more in-line with how Saints Row 2 was. I personally think that SR2 was the peak of the series. While SR3 had more parody and self-aware humor, SR2 was the best in the series gameplay-wise, and even story-wise in my opinion. It had funny moments, but it wasn't trying too hard to be funny. Plus, beyond the story, there was just so much to do and see in the game. You had reasons for exploring and doing side missions, you could interact with the city, the city itself wasn't just copy and pasted everywhere like SR3, it was a great experience.

But it felt like the the series became less consistent over time and more "lol sorandum [email protected]@k @ how funni we r!!!!!!!" I think they also misinterpreted what a lot of fans really wanted and how they felt about the crazy stuff you could do in SR2. While you could run around in a hotdog suit or completely naked and do the story that way, you weren't forced to.

Of course, if SR5 turned out to be more of the same stuff that SR4 and Gat out of Hell turned out to be, I wouldn't be shocked by that, either. But given how GTA Online has basically gone somewhere between SR3 and SR4 in terms of goofiness and how over-the-top it is, as well as how often I see people on their fan pages and Reddit referring to SR2 and how much they enjoyed it (and all the people who constantly asked for a remaster), I feel like it'd be smart for Saints Row to tone things down a bit and get back to a game like 2.

D9fred95
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Big Fat Paulie said:

SR3 was an over-the-top parody of GTA, the video game equivalent of a Leslie Nielsen spoof film and was fairly well made and loved by the fans.

Actually the fanbase was rather split when it came to SR3 back in the day. Not hated by any means but it couldn't hold a candle to SR2's quality and amount of stuff to do. SR3 is more favorably looked at now by these same fans ultimately because SR4 exists with it's "wubba lubba dub dub" attitude.

Edited by D9fred95

MarshDanni
On 5/13/2019 at 8:52 PM, D9fred95 said:

Actually the fanbase was rather split when it came to SR3 back in the day. Not hated by any means but it couldn't hold a candle to SR2's quality and amount of stuff to do. SR3 is more favorably looked at now by these same fans ultimately because SR4 exists with it's "wubba lubba dub dub" attitude.

This is indeed the case. When SR3 came out fans of the series were generally hating on it, because the game went in a completely different kind of way then the previous. The series was pretty wild, but SR3 was really, cringy over the top. I still dislike it to this day and I believe it's one of the reasons for the series downfall moving forward (SR4, Gat out of Hell). SR2 on the other hand was one amazing experience. Story-wise and gameplay-wise

Derik25/02
On 5/12/2019 at 8:53 PM, Jason said:

🤔

Not sure that's a claim to fame given that they were proven fake and people (me lol) figured out how they got on XBL servers. Knowing that they were fake and how they got onto the servers I would think it's very likely that the person who "found" the pictures was the person who created the fake pictures and profile and posted about it on reddit.

if I was really looking for "fame or created something" like you mentioned, would not you think I would not take advantage of the hype during that time to promote me? not to mention that I received in my DM several messages from famous website writers, none of them were answered by me at that time.

On 5/13/2019 at 2:52 PM, Hmmm nice bike said:

In that case, they need to make a game more in-line with how Saints Row 2 was. I personally think that SR2 was the peak of the series. While SR3 had more parody and self-aware humor, SR2 was the best in the series gameplay-wise, and even story-wise in my opinion. It had funny moments, but it wasn't trying too hard to be funny. Plus, beyond the story, there was just so much to do and see in the game. You had reasons for exploring and doing side missions, you could interact with the city, the city itself wasn't just copy and pasted everywhere like SR3, it was a great experience.

But it felt like the the series became less consistent over time and more "lol sorandum [email protected]@k @ how funni we r!!!!!!!" I think they also misinterpreted what a lot of fans really wanted and how they felt about the crazy stuff you could do in SR2. While you could run around in a hotdog suit or completely naked and do the story that way, you weren't forced to.

Of course, if SR5 turned out to be more of the same stuff that SR4 and Gat out of Hell turned out to be, I wouldn't be shocked by that, either. But given how GTA Online has basically gone somewhere between SR3 and SR4 in terms of goofiness and how over-the-top it is, as well as how often I see people on their fan pages and Reddit referring to SR2 and how much they enjoyed it (and all the people who constantly asked for a remaster), I feel like it'd be smart for Saints Row to tone things down a bit and get back to a game like 2.

I agree with you, SR2 was the best game in the series for me, both in plot and in fun.

Derik25/02
19 hours ago, MarshDanni said:

This is indeed the case. When SR3 came out fans of the series were generally hating on it, because the game went in a completely different kind of way then the previous. The series was pretty wild, but SR3 was really, cringy over the top. I still dislike it to this day and I believe it's one of the reasons for the series downfall moving forward (SR4, Gat out of Hell). SR2 on the other hand was one amazing experience. Story-wise and gameplay-wise

Saints Row 2 was the most closely approached the proposal that GTA established, I imagine it would also be a big rival for GTA franchise if Deep Silver followed what it did in SR2.

universetwisters
On 5/12/2019 at 11:07 PM, Big Fat Paulie said:

SR1 was essentially a generic low-budget clone of GTA San Andreas and IIRC was initially intended to be a one-shot project but sold well enough to gain a cult following.

Wasn't Saints Row 2 in development during the same time 1 was? Weird process

MostWantedMVP
Posted (edited)

If this is a reboot I'm interested.

Edited by MostWantedMVP

KDA
Posted (edited)

I put in my vote to have the title of this thread changed.

I've seen this thread here forever, but somehow I keep falling for it. Nothings confirmed. Nothings ever gonna be confirmed.

Edited by Noale

Copcaller
Posted (edited)

Saints row 3 was a disappointment activities as story missons, boring generic city with lifeless peds and on disc dlc abound

Loved 1 2and 4 though personally I feel like V should be a reboot or remake cause it seems like most people love the first two or they could make it a spoof on time travel movies seeing as how the secret ending has a time machine

Edited by Copcaller