2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

MostWantedMVP

E3 2019 Thread

Spider-Vice

D8OY4zWUIAUF-uw.png:large 

Message added by Spider-Vice

MostWantedMVP

Been waiting for a good Harry Potter game, this has me excited. I remember the ones on PS1 vividly and were actually really fun. I can't believe it's taken until now to make a proper Harry Potter game, this new one looks like it could be something amazing. Hopefully we'll get a E3 teaser next month. Less than 2 weeks away.

MostWantedMVP

D8JQQ16UYAArqAS.jpg:large

From the E3 Twitter. 😎

What live E3 shows are you watching? Official E3 w/Geoff Keighley, IGN, GiantBomb, Kindafunny to name a few.

I've been watching with Geoff Keighley for a few years now, I think he offers the best show. Also in 4K.

Billy Russo
24 minutes ago, MostWantedMVP said:

From the E3 Twitter. 😎

What live E3 shows are you watching? Official E3 w/Geoff Keighley, IGN, GiantBomb, Kindafunny to name a few.

I've been watching with Geoff Keighley for a few years now, I think he offers the best show. Also in 4K.

I always watch them all. Even though they don't all interest me. I just really love E3 and seeing new things, it's exciting to me. I know it sounds cheesy, but it really is like a Christmas for us gamers. In many ways, I find the hype more fun than actually playing the games when they come out. It's weird.

I think Microsoft is going to go all out this year, they have to.

Zello
7 hours ago, MostWantedMVP said:

From the E3 Twitter. 😎

I usually Watch the IGN show but switch around and watch the others.

River God

Mario & Sonic at the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games.

Spider-Vice
On 6/3/2019 at 4:13 PM, MostWantedMVP said:

Not really a fan of watching people comment E3 as it goes, so I usually watch the streams from each publisher and then look at highlights or commentary from others.

Billy Russo
1 hour ago, Spider-Vice said:

Not really a fan of watching people comment E3 as it goes, so I usually watch the streams from each publisher and then look at highlights or commentary from others.

Really?

That's actually my favourite part. 😂 I get a kick out of the way Twitch Chat reacts to certain games and moments. It makes part of the experience for me.

Spider-Vice
1 minute ago, Billy Russo said:

I get a kick out of the way Twitch Chat reacts to certain games and moments.

Oh no, the Twitch chat is fine, I mean like IGN/KF/whatever hosts commenting over E3 as it happens. I find it more mystical to watch the raw livestream, not sure why :D

Billy Russo
2 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

Oh no, the Twitch chat is fine, I mean like IGN/KF/whatever hosts commenting over E3 as it happens. I find it more mystical to watch the raw livestream, not sure why :D

Oh I see what you mean, yeah, I'm the same. I don't like IGN and similar hosts, I feel like they are pretty fake. The only times I've watched with Commentary is when I watch with my favourite streamers and their chats. A lot of the big streamers watch along. Their reactions are usually more genuine. 

Spider-Vice

It's not as much about the genuinity of the thing, as most stream hosts don't really know what's to come either, and I've watched a few fun streams from major creators like IGN, but it just doesn't feel right to me. It's like I'm watching a sports show when I just want to be surprised about everything and react myself - feeling the silence when there's a silence before a reveal, stuff like that.

Billy Russo
4 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

It's not as much about the genuinity of the thing, as most stream hosts don't really know what's to come either, and I've watched a few fun streams from major creators like IGN, but it just doesn't feel right to me. It's like I'm watching a sports show when I just want to be surprised about everything and react myself - feeling the silence when there's a silence before a reveal, stuff like that.

Yeah I get you. That's very true actually. You can't really get immersed in to the reveals when there is someone talking over everything. Usually what I do is exactly what you mentioned, and then after I'll watch people's reactions. Means I can experience it for myself first. I almost always watch the main E3 streams and keep the Twitch chat up as it's like having friends over. 😂

I like to hear the crowd reactions as well. Sometimes the E3 crowd can get a loud if it's a new game announcement or really incredible footage.

Hope you enjoy the weekend! I'm really amped up for E3, even without Sony there. I might get an Xbox soon, so it's worth watching Microsoft. I've always been an Xbox guy at heart, but I had too many 360's break down on me.

Jason

I think what Spider's referring to are the streams where they talk over the conferences them selves live, which I've never been a fan of either.

Personally tho Geoff Keighley's been my go to for a long time now every E3 and these days with YouTube the quality and production levels of his coverage is always spots on, he gets all the interviews for the big reveals and always has a good question up his sleeve buuuuut the issue I have with him these days is that they get some, uh, choice individuals on his show as guests/pundits/analysts/copresenters/whatever so I sorta just watch his interviews and the conferences and that's it for his coverage these days. Started watching bits and pieces of GiantBomb's coverage a few years back as well, they always get some real good honest interviews every year particularly with Phil Spencer, GB's interview with him is a must watch every E3.

AndyGanteks

MostWantedMVP
Posted (edited)

I love that these old games are getting remastered.

The Simpsons writers are attending E3. I'm hoping for The Simpsons: Hit and Run remastered. 🤞That game was a gem.

Edited by MostWantedMVP

Billy Russo
6 minutes ago, MostWantedMVP said:

I love that these old games are getting remastered.

The Simpsons writers are attending E3. I'm hoping for The Simpsons: Hit and Run remastered. 🤞That game was a gem.

I'd love to have all my favourite old games remastered if it were up to me.

I never really get when people complain about too many remasters. Bringing the games to a new generation is great.

The Simpsons: Hit and Run was amazing.

yUuedWr.gif

APB

I see no reason to watch it this year. Literary nothing interests me. See you all in the 2020 thread.

MostWantedMVP
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Billy Russo said:

I'd love to have all my favourite old games remastered if it were up to me.

I never really get when people complain about too many remasters. Bringing the games to a new generation is great.

The Simpsons: Hit and Run was amazing.

yUuedWr.gif

PS1 - PS2 era was the golden era of gaming. Of course we want remasters!

Edited by MostWantedMVP

Fetooh

RDR 2 PC anouncement(maybe)

Cyberpunk 2077

Microsoft E3 this year

Avengers game from crystal dynamics

DOUGL4S1
4 hours ago, MostWantedMVP said:

Please don't be Tapped Out please don't be Tapped Out please don't be Tapped Out please don't be Tapped Out please don't be Tapped Out please don't be Tapped Out please don't be Tapped Out please don't be Tapped Out please don't be Tapped Out please don't be Tapped Out please don't be Tapped Out please don't be Tapped Out please don't be Tapped Out please don't be Tapped Out please don't be Tapped Out please don't be Tapped Out please don't be Tapped Out please don't be Tapped Out please don't be Tapped Out please don't be Tapped Out please don't be Tapped Out please don't be Tapped Out please don't be Tapped Out please don't be Tapped Out.

MostWantedMVP

I think it would have to be something substantial for them to have a panel. Something decent. (Hopefully).

Jason
6 minutes ago, MostWantedMVP said:

I think it would have to be something substantial for them to have a panel. Something decent. (Hopefully).

Nah, the E3 Coliseum can be for all sorts of stuff, it's not a 100% sign that they'll have something new.

MostWantedMVP
Posted (edited)

I think its good to still stay optimistic. It's likely we'll get some surprises.

Edited by MostWantedMVP

River God

Watch Dogs Legion

The Last of Us Part II

Ghost Recon: Breakpoint

Jason

Lotta placeholder stuff getting leaked on stores from various publishers. Gonna be a fair few new announcements I think.

GTA3Rockstar
9 hours ago, APB said:

I see no reason to watch it this year. Literary nothing interests me. See you all in the 2020 thread.

You must be from the future because nobody knows everything that will be at E3. lol

Mister Pinkerton

I'm hoping to see something more of Starfield from Bethesda. In a way I'm glad the disasters they went through this year. Gives me hope they'll do their best not to f*ck up Starfield in the same way. 

Most excited for Microsoft's event. They really need to announce something crazy good. 

Billy Russo
2 hours ago, Mister Pinkerton said:

I'm hoping to see something more of Starfield from Bethesda. In a way I'm glad the disasters they went through this year. Gives me hope they'll do their best not to f*ck up Starfield in the same way. 

Most excited for Microsoft's event. They really need to announce something crazy good. 

I've been having this gut feeling Microsoft is going to go all out this year. With Sony absent, and rumours of a new console making the rounds, they really need to go ham. The spotlight is mostly on them as the big conference coming out of E3. I think Halo: Infinite is one to look out for. They're going to be showing gameplay apparently, and as someone who was the biggest Halo fan for the longest time, this could be something that reels me in to playing to Xbox again.

MostWantedMVP

Cyberpunk E3 banner

HHyjf2e.jpg

Mister Pinkerton
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Billy Russo said:

I've been having this gut feeling Microsoft is going to go all out this year. With Sony absent, and rumours of a new console making the rounds, they really need to go ham. The spotlight is mostly on them as the big conference coming out of E3. I think Halo: Infinite is one to look out for. They're going to be showing gameplay apparently, and as someone who was the biggest Halo fan for the longest time, this could be something that reels me in to playing to Xbox again.

Oh yeah! I'm a late Halo fan. Didn't like it until I played ODST. Now I'm playing through the series on Xbox Game Pass. Well, I just completed Halo and started Halo 2, so I've a long way to go. I also completed Halo 5 last year which I quite enjoyed. So this new Halo will be interesting. 

Edited by Mister Pinkerton

Billy Russo
7 minutes ago, Mister Pinkerton said:

Oh yeah! I'm a late Halo fan. Didn't like it until I played ODST. Now I'm playing through the series on Xbox Game Pass. Well, I just completed Halo and started Halo 2, so I've a long way to go. I also completed Halo 5 last year which I quite enjoyed. So this new Halo will be interesting. 

I completed all Halo games on Legendary a long time ago. That was probably one of the best/most frustrating gaming experiences I've ever had. Wouldn't change it for the world. Probably the proudest I've felt ever completing a game series. One of the things I always miss being on PS4 is Halo, it's the one game series that always makes Xbox so tempting for me. If Infinite is anything like Bungie's games, it'll be hard for me to resist.