2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus or tools. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
The Wandering Hunter

how would you rate the survivals in order of difficulty?

The Wandering Hunter
Posted (edited)

FYI they pay 90 k for a win this week

i havnt played them all in the recent event week yet but as far as i can tell sandy survival seems like the easiest since there’s plenty of cover and overhead cover.

i also played legion square, maze bank and processed but the former 2 are way too open for my liking, and while i read that processed is easy, i had to spend several minutes of each wave carefully looking for enemies who were stuck all over the map.

im doing sawmill plant now and it seems to suffer from the same issue. while there is great cover, the enemies refuse to actually attack you.

Edited by The Wandering Hunter

hei3enberg

Haven't played them in ages, honestly. As far as I can remember, Maze bank is one of the most difficult.

Jack Christ

legion square

Big Molio

Processed is pretty easy because you can hide in the skip 

CarimboHanky

i played a few recently and Processed is really easy, it even have a place to take cover from the helicopters

Pizzahut
Posted (edited)

Sandy shores is real easy. Just hide under the red building (?) behind a garbage bin and you're good to go. Health isn't too far away, but I would wait for the wave to be over to get both health and armor since armor is at an akward position.

Processed however is indeed also very easy.

Edited by Pizzahut

Jenkiiii

Easiest to hardest:

1. Processed

2. Sandy Survival

3. Boneyard

4. Railyard

5. Del Perro

6. Sawmill

7. Industrial Plant

8. Legion Square

9. Maze Bank

Processed is by far the easiest, as stated by other posters.

Sawmill is well doable, but takes a lot of time.

I really dislike Maze Bank because you get surrounded from all angles, tucked up and shot easily by helicopters.

My opinion, nothing more.

HamwithCheese
Posted (edited)

For some reason the enemies shoot through the bins when I hide behind them in Processed.

Railyard has these two shipping containers at the end you can snipe behind. Only trouble is, enemy vehicles and choppers will spawn behind you.

Boneyard has this little trash bin in the main shed that's next to a wall you can slip behind. Takes awhike but you can watch both sides.

Sandy Survival has these two little rooms next to the tattoo shop, you can camp with one and use a minigun and shoot a little gap where the enemies spawn.

Sawmill takes forever if you get atop the plant, especially since enemies like to spawn under the plant.

Del Piero has a little alleyway with dumpster that'll give you decent cover if you manage to move the dumpsters. Choppers are still a bitch.

Industrial is kinda hard, I usually go to the top of the plant, but burn through bullets and get sniped by choppers.

Maze bank needs lots of teamwork, enemies spawn everywhere and they come at you hard. There's a little garage underneath this survival you can camp at if you're in a pinch, if you survive the fall.

Legion square sucks. I gotta run through that little garage that goes underground constantly.

Edited by HamwithCheese

JackCarter
3 hours ago, Jenkiiii said:

9. Maze Bank

I really dislike Maze Bank because you get surrounded from all angles, tucked up and shot easily by helicopters.

Where are you taking position at on Maze Bank? 
I've taken the same high hedge since 2014 and the only thing close to a challenge is the helicopters on I think Wave 7, but if you get the timing right and use the Combat MG, you shouldn't really take any damage. There's this one hedge up the stairs from the fountain, it's higher than the others, you can take cover and move behind it and stack cover from some spawn points, I just move around and take my shots, some waves they will funnel up the stairs and then just assault shotgun them..

Playing all Survivals Solo, this would be my rating..

1. Sandy Shores
2. Maze Bank
3. Del Perro
4. Processed
5. Boneyard
6. Sawmill
7. Railyard
8. Industrial Plant
9. Legion Square

I can do Sandy Shores without even needing to armor up and on the same bar of health for all 10 waves, it's actually the most boring survival to me when it comes to solo play, so much so I refuse to do it alone unless abandoned. With teammates it's enjoyable because I like to take my positions and let my team play their style and adapt to theirs.. Hide behind the tattoo parlor, the small room with the dumpster, assault shotgun, if you get a combatant behind the concrete just toss a sticky bomb near them, placement is important.. Don't be afraid to blindfire

Maze Bank I already gave my play..

Del Perro, hit the alley with the 4 dumpsters, 3 of them can be moved, though sometimes the 2 side by side are hard to move.. You can position them to help you, even with moving the dumpsters, I'll generally stay in the nook area, this is another one where you just shotgun everything from both directions and be careful of the helicopters, you wanna hit them quick and take at least 1 if not both gunners down without getting ran up on by ground troops.. This one you gotta be careful of your health & armor management as you can take some hits, but it's pretty simple once you get it. Also, with the helicopters, if you've taken out all the ground troops, you can get on the HVAC equipment across from the little nook area and hug the wall, this gives you some room to shoot over the building while still giving you solid cover.

Processed, IDK what method everybody else uses to make it be the easiest, but I've done the exact same thing since 2014, in the 2nd open room of the storage, it's the largest room, there is a dumpster with concrete cyllinders or pipes stacked next to it, this position requires timing and health & armor management but it's also pretty straight forward. Here, I mostly will stick with my Advanced Rifle, this is also a very accurate gun when blindfiring, so if you have it, take advantage of that.

Boneyard, another one that is really simple and is a position many have played over the years, I get behind the trailer near the initial spawn point, I stay away from the road and I stay about a foot maybe half a foot from the other opening, that way I'm not getting lit up from my side and I can turn my guy to where the road is and handle that spawn point or whatever comes.. It's really easy with Advanced Rifle and I actually don't use up much ammo with this gun here as it's a quick run to collect the dropped ammo before the next wave.. I really dislike this position when it comes to the helicopters as they can just run you low or take you out easily and you have very little room on them, I move to the middle of the trailer as they can't seem to hit that position and I time everything from then on with those helis until the ground troops are gone, then I maneuver through cover to hit the gunners with Combat MG..

Sawmill, I actually haven't played this one since 360 back in 2015, so my play may be outdated.. But, it was one of the first survivals I actually was able to do solo, I would just go up on the roof and run around shooting from cover.. Understand, cover can also be you moving stealthy on a lowslope of roof, if they can't see you, it's concealment, if they can't hit you it's cover.. use your positioning to your advantage. they have to shoot up.

Railyard, I don't like doing this solo as it's a rough go for me... there's an empty railcart? IDK what it's called, but it's under a roof with 2 open sides, it's next to a building, there's like 7 or 8 carts on the rail track next to it about 5-10 feet up from it, a bush and a tree and a bunch of crates, there are some combatant spawn points under that roof, but I get in that railcar and I get in the middle of it hugging the side, I hug the side because you can shoot better from here and maintain some cover from the guys who spawn on either side..When I do this solo, there's a lot of health & armor management and a lot of timing shots and you gotta be careful because they will jump in the cart with you..  I typically go back and forth from Assault Shotgun and Advanced Rifle depdending on proximity.

Industrial Plant, I've only played this once so far on X1, today actually... last I remember playing it was back in 2015 on 360.. I like the highest roof, I like the high open shipping container.. I remember on 360, I would hide behind the solid fence where all the bushes are and that was easy, but I haven't tried it or played it enough to try it so far on X1, so I can't say whether that would still be doable or not...Though there was 1 spot on that fence where you were good and the only thing you had to worry about was anybody coming around the fence and that was simple to take care of.. Because I haven't much experience with this one in the last handful of years, I can't say whether or not it's an easier survival.

Legion Square, I hated this on 360, I've not played it on X1, I probably will not ever play it on X1. I may be a forgetful fool, but from what I do remember, this was not worth my time nor anyone else's time.

Back in the day I would do all the survivals solo and with crew.. The only one I've done solo recently during this event week was Sandy Shores and it damn near put me to sleep. If you play them solo, be patient and put a podcast on while you play.. If you join up with others, be patient and let them play their game... I'm entirely content scoring no kills at all for the first 6-7 rounds and just maintaining my position and letting the other players play their game, I don't need rank I don't need to kill more things, I don't need the practice or experience, I sit back and I'll be that contingency plan if anything goes wrong. Even good players will get too excited in some overwhelming moments and play themselves right into death, I've done it a lot, everybody has, just be patient.

I've used the same guns since 2014. AP Pistol, Advanced Rifle, Assault Shotgun, Combat MG.. though I upgraded to a MK2 MG... but I've ran this same set through all missions, survivals, heists and free roam. I do not like rockets, explosives or funny ammo. The only time I pull out sticky bombs is like I said in that Sandy Shores scenario, I'll also pullout grenades if it makes sense, but they can bounce back so be careful. I don't want to use anything that will shake my screen like rockets, this allows room for error that isn't necessary. I don't want to use anything that can be used against me. You gotta use the weapons that you work best with and that work best for you, but I do highly advise the Assault Shotgun & MG, Combat MG or Combat MG MK2.

I also still throw on a bulletproof helmet if I feel a need to, IDK if they still work or not, but I do it anyway, I'll also hit the nightvision when it gets dark and shoot any nearby lights out so I can see well.   -- A lot of this backend sh*t may not be necessary but I've noticed a lot of people just not doing well in survivals and thought about posting these things for a few days but haven't, hopefully it's cool to cram into this thread.

dc16a2

Processed, Sandy shores, boneyard are the easiest ones imo. All can be done in about 20 minutes each.

Maze bank, sawmill, legion sq just not worth the time for max pay.

jazzbone
Posted (edited)

Processed, Sandy, Boneyard. Easy and even doable solo. Spawning can be controlled well. WHY SOITENLY
Railyard still doable solo but not advised, spawning is erratic. 2 or more players results in more passing all 10 waves. YES

Del Perro: minimum 2 players and with a plan or otherwise watch how fast even a team of 4 can be defeated in later waves. YES
Indusrial:starting to get real difficult now. use team of 3 or 4. NO!

Sawmill: takes forever with very erratic enemy spawns. Pass or use a good team of 3 or 4. NO WAY!
Legion and Maze Banks are long and dificult/annoying. Erratic spawns along with helicopters that are very dificult to take out the gunners. NEVER!

At X3 pay i rotate the 3 easy i listed with some new Repo missions that pay X2 all while my Nightclub stock accumulates.

Edited by jazzbone

Tomtomsengermany

Boneyard is by far the easiest. Processed comes next.  Sawmill and maze bank are the toughest 

Anyway: the german name for the boneyard survival is "Schrott und Knochen" ( Scrap metal and bones). All the other survivals were translated 1:1 expect of this one. 

Voodoo-Hendrix
10 hours ago, HamwithCheese said:

For some reason the enemies shoot through the bins when I hide behind them in Processed.

NPCs be carrying Deep Impact nowadays smh

size_m

for me del perro pear is the easiest.

if you take cover in the toilet room at the railing to the ocean you can finish it by yourself.

together with some helpers it's even easier.

Jenkiiii
17 minutes ago, size_m said:

for me del perro pear is the easiest.

if you take cover in the toilet room at the railing to the ocean you can finish it by yourself.

together with some helpers it's even easier.

Rather you than me, especially as most people don't flush :D 

size_m
Posted (edited)

yea, good one!  :)

(didn't think about that context.)

but back to topic,

right next to that room is also a vending machine for easy resupply of health which also helps at times.

Edited by size_m

Sanches

On a scale from the hardest to the easiest:

-Find a team in matchmaking when there's no 2x
-Survive loadings
-Survivals

Boozey St John

The easiest ones are definitely Sandy Shores and Del Perro.

Boneyard isn't too bad at all but the other areas are very large and very open. 

Also, you can call Merryweather for a backup helicopter during survivals!

BJBooBoo

There's a little coffee trailer on the south side of Legion Square you can hide inside of. It doesn't have the best sight lines to the left and you have to watch your right because of the open door, but it makes that map somewhat easier.

Semaj 2JZ♢

My vote(s) go to Processed, Sandy Shores and Boneyard. The rest seem equally difficult and cheap.

I can solo Processed, so it's by FAR the easiest.

UndeadPotat0

Idk about you guys but sandy shores pisses me off, the enemies will spawn up my ass and I'll be facing the other direction. I'd say processed and boneyard are the easiest. 

The Wandering Hunter

so i have finally played all the survivals and yeah processed is the easiest but for less than 30k they’re really sh*t. it’s a shame because i really wanted to play del perro pier a few more times.

the 3x payout should be permanent considering a regular old vip headhunter pays 25k and takes as long as a single wave of survival. the double bunker is nice this week but it’s an incentive to afk rather than an incentive to actually play.