1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Happy Hunter

Camps - What features and/or improvements would you make?

Happy Hunter

I was thinking about this, a while back even toying the idea of making a video about it. I only could think of a few things though - so I'm more curious what other people want from camps.

Personally, I want to be able to store stuff in the locker (instead of only being able to get stuff there from the catalogue, let us place things in there from our satchel). Maybe being able to buy a boat like in single player? NPCs contributing to the camp like single player could be cool too - but I can imagine the personalities paling in comparison to single player characters. Depends how much care they took making I guess.

Then there's the obvious things like having it spawn where you want it to. What does everyone here want though?

confederatestatesgta

i would rather not have a camp and just own a property. like a house or cabin. i hate the idea that my character does not even have a home. of course i know back then camping was a major thing. but it would be great to be able to have a actual place to call home. thats why i was upset that you couldent own properties in singleplayer. i mean i get that arthur is in a gang and stuff. but still its something they should have had. and the first redemption had buyable properties. even though john had his own home and family.

Re-Dragon-Cro

Yeah a storage would be nice, to select what to have listed.(Also noticed that when I re-equipped my regular knife I can't select the jawbone knife again)

Instruments would be amazing, being able to play songs just for the fun of it.

Another thing would be mini-games like poker and what not.

TheLordMarvel

Aside from cabins and whatnot

I really would like free fast travel to Camp. 

Say your camp is all the way in Ambarino, and you're down near Tumbleweed; you could just use the interaction menu to fast travel right to your camp. It would be fundamental and a welcome addition.

I know there is fast travel already, but sure costs a lot and the FT points are quite far apart. So this would prove to be beneficial

Also! A god damn lock on location, so stupid Craps doesnt relocate every single time. Or maybe an option to hang him like a pinata for wolves to tear at his bloody carcass...

This got dark real quick. 

RaigeGames
Posted (edited)

I could see them adding something similar to a gun locker in the future, so we don't have to store all of our weapons on our horse. I've been trying to think of other things they might put in the "equipment" section of the camp options. 

I'd like to see Cripps actually be more useful, possibly making stew like Pearson that we could eat once a day. I'd also like to be able to spawn into our camp when we enter a lobby. It might be a pipe dream but I would want mini games available as well. Really just anything that would make spending time in camp worthwhile 

Edited by RaigeGames

Red Lynx 23

A butcher stand in our camps, so that Cripps can get off his butt and be usefull. That or have another -and more interesting- npc at the camp butcher.

Dr.Rosenthal

Stew/coffee that everyone can share. Maybe also being able to bring meat to Cripps so he can cook the stew with it.

Mini-games/poker.

Campfire songs at night would be nice, but I suspect Cripps’ voice isn’t the prettiest so we’d have to be introduced to some new NPC campfellow. Also campfire stories would be great but very hard to execute without them becoming tiresome.

Boats would be nice, in locations where there are suitable waters. We also gotta be allowed to fish from boats in that case.

I want Dutch’s grammophone player with opera, classical or ragtime music in my tent, maybe being able to choose between them at any time.

A proper bath/shaving/barber ”station”.

A gunlocker.

It would be nice if we could have NPC characters living in our camp and who could give us missions sort of like the Strangers already do. But like you said, @Happy Hunter, they’d have to be well made and believable and it could be difficult to execute. But, the fact that the Strangers are physically in the world already is a good sign anyway. I just wish they’d have a couple more routines than always doing the same thing. Camp buddys would preferably have to be at least a bit more lively.

More variations on tents and themes. Nothing otherworldly, and I can’t be more specific but just... more alternatives. Maybe give us the choice to put trophies in the camp like in SP. Would be best if there were legendary animals and the trophies had to come from legendaries.

Free fast travel

Wow. Quite a lot. I think I could go on but I’ll stop for now.

Amy Vinewood

The thing I'd like the most with camps is the option to spawn directly into it, when joining a session.

Happy Hunter

You can get stew at Valentine and Blackwater - it comes back each day or so too. So that really begs the question why Cripps can't make himself useful and give us some stew there.

Minigames could work both with other players and NPCs.

I wonder if the sleeping mechanic from single player would just be impossible to implement online?

Getting tips on places to rob, other little things like in single player, etc. - that could be good.

Overall it could do with being closer to single player I think. NPCs could be good to have the option to take them out of the camp as well - help protect you, work with missions, if nothing else their horse could carry more animals when hunting. Maybe if they die they could just be sent back to the camp or something. Main problem I guess is everyone having the same characters, and them not really living up to the single player characters. Just their functions alone could be useful though.

BUT THE BENZ

none....better save your cash and gold for sheds.

6 hours ago, Dr.Rosenthal said:

Stew/coffee that everyone can share. Maybe also being able to bring meat to Cripps so he can cook the stew with it.

Mini-games/poker.

Campfire songs at night would be nice, but I suspect Cripps’ voice isn’t the prettiest so we’d have to be introduced to some new NPC campfellow. Also campfire stories would be great but very hard to execute without them becoming tiresome.

Boats would be nice, in locations where there are suitable waters. We also gotta be allowed to fish from boats in that case.

I want Dutch’s grammophone player with opera, classical or ragtime music in my tent, maybe being able to choose between them at any time.

A proper bath/shaving/barber ”station”.

A gunlocker.

It would be nice if we could have NPC characters living in our camp and who could give us missions sort of like the Strangers already do. But like you said, @Happy Hunter, they’d have to be well made and believable and it could be difficult to execute. But, the fact that the Strangers are physically in the world already is a good sign anyway. I just wish they’d have a couple more routines than always doing the same thing. Camp buddys would preferably have to be at least a bit more lively.

More variations on tents and themes. Nothing otherworldly, and I can’t be more specific but just... more alternatives. Maybe give us the choice to put trophies in the camp like in SP. Would be best if there were legendary animals and the trophies had to come from legendaries.

Free fast travel

Wow. Quite a lot. I think I could go on but I’ll stop for now.

all that goes in your SHED

Lonely-Martin
Posted (edited)

All I want is to actually care about camp TBH.

The fact that I'd ride miles to see it moved just as I'm nearing it soon saw me lose interest. 

I also feel players should be 100% safe from attack while in camp. No assassinations, no need to be crafting to avoid lasso's etc. I want to role play more and my character ain't slept there yet, lol.

I want minigames there too. But like above, I want a property and would like the mini camp we can use in story mode to pull up anywhere and get some shut-eye. 

A gun locker could be cool. And I'd love to be able to buy some plants, like mint or something and have a steady supply of those herbs. (Not anything vast, but my balcony at home IRL has mint, green beans, tomatoes and the like). Plus it'd add a bit of a personal touch for me. :)

As a spawn in location. Yes! Thanks @Amy Vinewood

To give Cripps food/ingredients to cook an evenings supper too. Thanks @Dr.Rosenthal.

Edited by Lonely-Martin

Jason
Posted (edited)

Some QoL stuff like a place to store guns you aren't using, grooming station etc and then social stuff. Activities like minigames, take out the camp restoring your cores mechanic and have a stew pot that Cripps cooks and your Posse can improve by putting in ingredients. Be able to add/place some furniture your self like rugs, tables and chairs and in general just have more places to sit and interact with. Maybe add some recruitable NPC's that sit around doing the chores and just giving the place a bit of life.

The camp is great in the SP because it feels alive, NPC's and animals, chores, can interact with it in a buncha ways, upgrade different areas etc. The camp in RDO just a moving bunch of props at the moment.

Edited by Jason

Van_Hellsing
Posted (edited)

Most of the things have been mentioned already. 

A horse station where you can summon your horses from a stable. If you hitch your horse, the horse cores should also regenerate. 

The sea of thieves had a funny option to play music with your crew mates.

It would be great to have a jam session on the prairy. 

tumblr_nnamzjfDIz1qfr6udo1_500.gif

Your camp is boring. More equipment to interact with. You should be able to enter your tent. I had to buy the most expensive tent, just to sit inside. It is stupid that you have no shelter from the rain. 

Mini games like darts, bottle shooting, playing dice or cards, clay pigeon shooting and horse shoe throwing. 

Distillery to make moonshine. Mini game that you have to supply herbs. 

Stew pot and a mini game that you have to supply mistery meat to Crips. 

Gun locker. It took years to get the gun locker in gta and was a buggy mess. 

The campfire is boring. We need some BBQ or furnace. 

Edited by Van_Hellsing

GenericGTAO
Posted (edited)

The game should allow you to spawn in your camp everytime you find a new session....why this isnt just a standard...god knows.  If this isnt in the game when its released in full, R* can kiss any gold bars from me good bye.  The camp should act as a yacht.  Spawns further away if necessary, in the managment section you should be able to select spawn.  What the hell are we paying for this whole time?

Storage in the camp, crips needs to learn skills like being a trapper and gun smith, butcher.

Edited by GenericGTAO

Ghoffman9

You should be able to dump off any valuable goods on Cripps to sell. It would fix the issue with towns, and even entire regions not having certain vendors available. It would make places like Roanoke Ridge, and all of Ambarino worth visiting. I for example love the snowy climate of Ambarino but there is nothing really there of note other than Flaco. You can hunt there if you wish, but you gotta turn around and head all the way back to Valentine to sell what you caught. Making it not really worth the trip for hunting alone. Telling Cripps to set up there and dumping my goods off on him would let me remain in the snowy mountains to hunt peacefully as I please and enjoy the scenery.

Considering how much we pay him in setup costs and daily fees, his duties should involve more than setting up the camp and then sitting on his ass fiddling with his knife.

Shane_Dbns

- Gunlocker

- Cripps collect items for us, can be asked to craft stuff like Split Ammo in bulk instead of having to hold X 50 times, cleans our weapons and takes care of our horses

- Free fast travel to and from camp 

- Mini games like poker, 5 finger fillet etc.

Raylan Givens

How about a shaving mirror? And we can pick our facial hair for free*?

* = to "even it out" for Rockstar, I'd be willing to buy a one-time pamphlet that teaches our character all the different cuts/styles.

clinical oppression

I think I just want a gun lockup ....and a caretaker named bloods . 

Coleco
Posted (edited)
On 5/5/2019 at 10:06 PM, Van_Hellsing said:

tumblr_nnamzjfDIz1qfr6udo1_500.gif

I for one would be quite happy if ZZ Top were to play at my camp :lol:

Though I'll settle for stew and a sing-song. Prerecorded of course, not people on the mic

You can take that mumble rap back to the future where it belongs, partner

See what I did there

Edited by Coleco

Dr.Rosenthal

A butcher in the camp would be great.

JumpingKentFlash

They should definitely take a page out of the SP experience. Stew, coffee, an overall more coherent camp. I mean it’s just bedrolls and a few pots and pans thrown about a set area. My garden looks like that when my wife flips on me. 

I love the large camp area in Cumberland Forest, and it’s the place I always camp at. First off tell that stupid stew-slurpin’ cretin Cripps to STOP PACKING UP THE MOTHERFLIPPING CAMP! I chose and paid for having my camp there, which is fine right up until that assrammer moves it. That’s the first thing. Next thing, have some logs to sit on around a fire like in SP. And make some better themes. Why can’t I choose from all the themes? Why would I go full Military Surplus if I like the chairs from Hobo Life better? More customisation options please. And if my cores fill up when resting at camp, GIVE ME SOMETHING TO DO! Poker or something. I need a REASON to stay there other than watching Cripps polishing his ham lightning or make a pointy stick or whatever he’s supposed to be doing. If we’re stuck on Crapps, can you at least make him tell a story or something? He’s just sitting there in his fine shirt, which I paid for, looking like Chris Hemsworth’s retarded stepdad.

My god there’s so much unreleased potential in this online mode.

Foxwolfe
8 hours ago, Dr.Rosenthal said:

A butcher in the camp would be great.

The way the inside of my 700 dollar tent looks you'd think it already had one!

wehweh01

I want a dog in my camp. Why? Mostly want to pet it but it'd be cool to play fetch with or have it retrieve downed small game for me. Lock on should be disabled on dogs as well just because.

Mad-Monkey_1st

Remember all that stuff in story you could do if you went to Pearsons table, That would be a great addition to our online camp 

Van_Hellsing

I need a bathtub in my camp. If you drag carcasses around, you have blood all over your body. Washing your face will do nothing to make you clean. 

gtafan1995

Weapon storage, item storage (so you can get rid of notes and make your inventory less cluttered), storage for animal carcasses, a crafting table that allows you to craft clothes, a bed that when used switches sessions, defend the camp side mission similar to piracy prevention in GTAO, but instead you fight NPCs, not players.

Overall I'd love for this game to have fully customizable houses. Maybe allow them to be moved just like camps, so you don't share them with other players.

RaigeGames

I'm interested to see what the summer update will bring for the camps. The newswire mentioned that playing as a trader would allow you to sell furs at your camp. I wonder of the other roles have things to do at camp as well?

Happy Hunter

The mission in valentine where you give people orders, lead them to cover - that got me thinking again about NPCs for the camp. Got to remember as well, we spent most of single player with NPCs following us or with us. No reason I can think it wouldn't work online.

They could add to a camp donation box like in story mode, do general things in the camp. Or you could take them out, have them help with stranger missions, hunting, whatever you're doing.

draognmarce

I'd like the camp to actually spawn in the area I pay for it to spawn.  Instead more often then not it spawns on the other side of the map.

Virtual-Antics
Posted (edited)

The ability to start a camp fire and keep it burning. It could work in the same way as the health/stamina/dead eye core system. Use two sticks to start it. Or use alcohol, tree resin, matches and other stuff gathered naturally or bought at a store. Let us chop some wood to keep it topped up.

Edited by Virtual-Antics