2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

Most and least humorous GTA games

universetwisters
7 hours ago, OG Freddy LOC said:

Pulaski facial hero cop

What the f*ck

Thing that is most important about humour is not so much the material, but how it's delivered. GTA5 has some good material, but the delivery of them is often paced wrong and feels forced.

I always felt GTA2 and GTA3 had the best delivery of their jokes, even though the material itself wasn't the best. Nothing funnier than getting a adrenaline pickup and hearing a ped sing "Rush Rush to me Yayo."

Later GTA's like VC, SA and IV had much better material, but some of the delivery felt off a few times.

Edited by Yinepi
  • Like 3
9 hours ago, universetwisters said:

What the f*ck

Didn't you notice this Cop who struts in the street looking like a hero, this cop is all around the game when i shoot him he crouches or runs away 

looking for cover or just fleeing the scene.

A  cop hero by the looks of it really funny boy.

Here are humorous GTA games from best to least:

1.San andreas and V are funny and was sarcastic but sometimes serious moments will occur.

2.Vice city is just an Italian guy saying prick several times.

3.IV are just Niko teasing Vlad and the goofy guy Roman.

4.III (silence)

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...
LazlowsucksiloveslutS
On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 10:03 AM, Jeansowaty said:

Kinda ironic, since I find VCS and IV pretty comparable story-wise. Though both games have their serious moments, there are also some funny scenes too :)

GTAIV doesn't have a mission with stress meter in it or killing your own hitmen your girlfriend sent after some child support guy- You see what I mean? I see the connection how Vic is constantly getting Lance out of trouble like Niko is helping Roman but GTAIV vanilla game is very deep, ver serious. Ballad of Gay Tony is different story, funny as sh*t. Seems like when they end something they end it it humorously. VCS was the last of classic retro GTA and Tbgot was the last of GTAIV and last of serious storytelling, gameplay, no matter as fun as GTAV was, GTAVs humor was childish and didn't make me laugh as gay tony did.

And speaking of GTAV -- I don't understand people who actually find it funny. The jokes are really in your face. Anyone who has studied dramatic writing knows that uh, you have to show not tell. But in GTAV everything is in your face. It doesn't even come close to San Andreas.  In SA you got a deeper story, better setting, better voice actors. Everybody knows before starting the game that Trevots a psychopath but why you gotta repeat this throughout the whole game? I never really found GTAV funny. maybe I am too old for this sh*t and I didn't get the jokes. Ron was annoying as hell, Lester was annoying, Chop was annoying. GTAV for me always shined in side missions, main story never was that funny to me. I don't like that kind of in your face your face humor. Maybe Americans love it but I don't-

• Like 2

I have an odd sense of humor so I found the ridiculous situations in LCS to be humorous, albeit f*cked up. I think San Andreas has the funniest casts in game and also the funniest lines of the entire series, rivaled only by VC for me.

• Like 2
On 5/5/2019 at 10:03 AM, Jeansowaty said:

Kinda ironic, since I find VCS and IV pretty comparable story-wise. Though both games have their serious moments, there are also some funny scenes too :)

I agree about this. While it's not very hard to name some similarities between the plots of various GTA titles (U.L. Paper Contact and Mike Toreno?), I find some to be more noticeably similar between GTA Vice City Stories and IV.

As examples:

• Among the 3D era, VCS is the closest to GTA IV when it comes to character backstories and emotions. (it's obvious that GTA IV's characters are generally more grounded to reality and far more serious than VCS', though.)
  • Both Niko and Vic are military trained.
  • Both Niko and Vic noticeably have more morals than the other protagonists, and are not too happy with the crime life.
  • The relationship between Niko and Roman, while not exactly identical, is quite similar to that of Vic and Lance. Two siblings, the realist, and the cheerful dreamer who gets both him and the former in troubles due to his reckless ways of making money. Also, both Niko and Vic had to rescue their named siblings at least once during the storyline.
  • The somewhat similarity between the roles of Faustin and Dimitri on a hand, and Armando and Diego on the other hand. Niko and Roman were blamed for killing Vlad, and thus forced to work for Faustin, along with Dimitri, who later double-crosses them. Vic and Lance were blamed for stealing the Mendez cartel's cocaine, forcing them to work for Armando and Diego, who double-cross them in the end as well. (this is a reason why I personally consider the Mendez brothers to be the main antagonists of VCS, and not Martinez. They were far more serious, intimidating, and also had a believable motivation to rival Vic and Lance.)
  • Both Niko and Vic have love-interest figures who get killed by the end of the story, leading them to avenge them. (Revenge ending only)
  • Like 3

I always enjoyed the subtle, oftentimes dark humor of IV. The little things, like LC’s parcel service being named Post Op, were not only pretty hilarious, but clever too.

Now compare that to V’s lame toilet humor and cock jokes. The only thing “funny” about that game is how many people actually consider it to be the best in the series.

Edited by Vega LVI
  • Like 2
  • 7 months later...
On 5/2/2019 at 8:03 PM, SonOfLiberty said:

GTA IV is the only one that gets the balance right IMO with GTA V being too try hard for its own good.

once again never played vcs all the way through have you?

billiejoearmstrong8
9 hours ago, KingAJ032304 said:

once again never played vcs all the way through have you?

I feel like VCS has a pretty silly vibe. Seems over the top and cartoonish to me, especially with the extremely unrealistic feeling empire building with those dumb monopoly houses all over the map and lots of outlandish missions. I don't mind because it was cool to revisit Vice City and get to play GTA on a portable device (very novel at the time), but I think of VCS and LCS as just a bit of fun/bonus games and can't really take them seriously. 

Also just fyi Son of Liberty has left the forum, he made a goodbye post and said he's not coming back a couple of months ago.

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8
  • Like 1
GrudgefromSanAndreas

I remember one moment in gta3:

-"OMG you have a massager!"

-"That's not a massager"

• Like 2
billiejoearmstrong8
36 minutes ago, GrudgefromSanAndreas said:

I remember one moment in gta3:

-"OMG you have a massager!"

-"That's not a massager"

Lol I forgot the GTA obsession with sex toys began that early

4 hours ago, Tao Cheng said:

GTAIII but then I was 12 and what is this? at the time I played.

GTA Chinatown Wars is the funniest to me because the protag because of the way he delivers his sarcasm to his bosses and they fail to detect his smartass remarks! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Chan: I've got leadership in my genes! 

Huang: I'm sure you have a lot of things in your genes (There's so many drugs in your system.) 

Chan: Yeah! 

Huang: Yeah because I'm soooo bored that I wanted to help you out! 

Chan: That's what I want to hear! I will blog about you tomorrow! 

Zhou: I'm superior! 

Huang: You're not overcompensating your dick size, are you? 

Lester: You gotta pose as my double! 

Huang: Perfect! All I gotta do is gain 100 pounds. 

Least funny has to be GTAV next to GTA Advance thanks to Trevor and pals. no funny!

unknown.png

Lel, I can agree on that one.

• Like 4
9 hours ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

I feel like VCS has a pretty silly vibe. Seems over the top and cartoonish to me, especially with the extremely unrealistic feeling empire building with those dumb monopoly houses all over the map and lots of outlandish missions. I don't mind because it was cool to revisit Vice City and get to play GTA on a portable device (very novel at the time), but I think of VCS and LCS as just a bit of fun/bonus games and can't really take them seriously. 

Also just fyi Son of Liberty has left the forum, he made a goodbye post and said he's not coming back a couple of months ago.

you know actually your right! I don't know why i remember the game being so serious.

• Like 1
billiejoearmstrong8
7 hours ago, KingAJ032304 said:

you know actually your right! I don't know why i remember the game being so serious.

I mean it probably does have some serious/deeper stuff in there. I just see it as fun and cartoonish overall so I might not have noticed.

• Like 1
  • 11 months later...
Eugene H. Krabs

Advance is really joke-less. Closest it gets to being funny is the fact Mike talks to himself in 95% of the missions as if he's insane.

Or this classic cutscene:

fquweDK.png

3 hours ago, Eugene H. Krabs said:

Advance is really joke-less. Closest it gets to being funny is the fact Mike talks to himself in 95% of the missions as if he's insane.

Or this classic cutscene:

fquweDK.png

I have no clue why people think Mike and Claude are so similar. Mike is literally the opposite of Claude, the most talkative protag of the 3D era.

• Like 3

I feel like both III and SA come with some of the most funny and random stuff.

IV, V and VC are ok,  humor sometimes feels rather forced in any of the 3 games. 

I'd say wager that VCS, despite being one of my favourites, has never made me laugh or giggle. 

• Like 1