2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus or tools. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
Jenkiiii

🏏 TO GRIEF OR NOT TO GRIEF, what exactly is it?

Jo1{er
Posted (edited)

Outside of dirty cheating tactics like using broken elements of the game to kill like shooting through walls or something of the like......there is no such thing as griefing in the game. Just because a player is more efficent, faster, better at hiding and what not than another player is doesn't make it griefing. It just makes the player a classified as better. Getting your cargo blew up after hours of grinding is just an intentional element R put in the game. Its mean't to be like that.....So no its not griefing.....Like they use to say back in the day on old gen.......Git Gud!

Nobody gets banned for "blowing up cargo" or "stealing a car" or anything mean't to be an element of the game. Its there to make players mad when they loos their cargo they buy Shark cards.......lol....period!

Edited by Jo1{er

flybar
31 minutes ago, Jo1{er said:

Outside of dirty cheating tactics like using broken elements of the game to kill like shooting through walls or something of the like......there is no such thing as griefing in the game. Just because a player is more efficent, faster, better at hiding and what not than another player is doesn't make it griefing. It just makes the player a classified as better. Getting your cargo blew up after hours of grinding is just an intentional element R put in the game. Its mean't to be like that.....So no its not griefing.....Like they use to say back in the day on old gen.......Git Gud!

Nobody gets banned for "blowing up cargo" or "stealing a car" or anything mean't to be an element of the game. Its there to make players mad when they loos their cargo they buy Shark cards.......lol....period!

The thing is that nowadays you can't really protect your cargo from dedicated griefers.Player who less efficient, slower and often plain stupid can easily destroy any sale. Even if you're best player in the world you can't save you sale when somebody wants to blow it up. Sales are timed events and attackers can respawn their MKII bikes in seconds even if you manage to kill them few times - you'll lose. Even with a good big crew protecting you - a griefer in a Lazer can go off radar/ghost and destroy any cargo carrying vehicles faster then you notice any danger.  A good crew can protect you from some of players, but it's hard to have a dedicated crew since getting everyone playing at the same time is not always possible, not to mention that there's very little incentive for people to work for you. I know that blowing up others stuff is perfectly fine with gameplay, but it's still not a good thing in my opinion to destroy others work and I think it's still griefing and it shouldn't be encouraged.

The Notorious
9 hours ago, cunningstunt said:

this guy knows

Completely off-topic, but your pfp made me laugh harder than it should have 

CanadianMuscle

There are some who are already filthy rich in the game, they got everything and they're bored out of their minds; next thing you know, they're using all those expensive weaponized toys to indulge into some freemode killing. And then there's the lower levels R* had confused into thinking it's an acceptable thing to go after, with the impression that it's minimal risk, minimal impact, and reasonable reward.

Well, as I say it...

"If you don't like the hate, don't take the bait!"

Anybody chasing me on land, I usually have an unexpected surprise for them somewhere along the way.

BOOGIEMAN219
6 hours ago, Voodoo-Hendrix said:

"High risk, high reward" implies that both parties are risking something in a gamble of sorts.

Take for example a game like Rust or DayZ, even if you're fully equipped and you start preying on poorly equipped players, you're still at risk of dying and losing all your equipment, so it's kind of balanced.

Meanwhile, in GTAO, the attackers don't risk anything at all, they can try as many times they want with the vehicles and weapons they want and they're not affected at all if they don't manage to destroy the cargo on time. It's the complete opposite for the seller.

They eventually have to take that risk too, or stay broke. But im not saying you don't have a point because you do. Many just glitch money or solo session so it really is not balanced.

computertech82

Seems a few people are not getting it. ZERO talent is needed to use a mk2. ZERO. And since most (if not all) own MC, they can instantly call the mk2 back over and over and over making it IMPOSSIBLE TO DEFEAT. So even if you have THE top 4 players guarding your cargo. 100% failure if someone is using a mk2 against them. the mk2 seriously needs to be NERFED and taking off MC so it can't be spammed anymore.

Big Molio
2 hours ago, computertech82 said:

Seems a few people are not getting it. ZERO talent is needed to use a mk2. ZERO. And since most (if not all) own MC, they can instantly call the mk2 back over and over and over making it IMPOSSIBLE TO DEFEAT. So even if you have THE top 4 players guarding your cargo. 100% failure if someone is using a mk2 against them. the mk2 seriously needs to be NERFED and taking off MC so it can't be spammed anymore.

Even just one of the Top 4 players also on an OP2 would, or should, be able to guard against an attacker on one. Two or more and the attacker wouldn’t stand a chance.

I have helped crews in the past and have fended off up to two OP2s on my own on mine, because most of them haven’t a clue how and when to use the chaff.

Xiled

Remembers players can warp to facility and use orbital cannon on you in less than a minute...

Marciliojunior01
Posted (edited)

I used to steal I/E cars, is not griefing, but i started to feel bad about it after some time, the other player made a whole mission to get that red T20 to finish the jay norris collection and i take out all the hope from him, now he will need to wait the RNGesus give him that plate again, meanwhile i got the car with zero effort shooting an AR in auto aim lasering the poor guy out of the car. 

Now destroying I/E cars is pure griefing, you get literally nothing from it, even a single dollar, and you can make someone loose 80k and 20 minutes of his time. 

Edited by Marciliojunior01

Imponte Deluxo
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Marciliojunior01 said:

I used to steal I/E cars, is not griefing, but i started to feel bad about it after some time, the other player made a whole mission to get that red T20 to finish the jay norris collection and i take out all the hope from him, now he will need to wait the RNGesus give him that plate again, meanwhile i got the car with zero effort shooting an AR in auto aim lasering the poor guy out of the car. 

Now destroying I/E cars is pure griefing, you get literally nothing from it, even a single dollar, and you can make someone loose 80k and 20 minutes of his time. 

1) looks like you put the same info 2 times , ILLOGICAL

2) I actually like to destroy the car if the dude pissed me off  or someone else in the session , if no , i like to try steal it to my collection 

Edited by Imponte Deluxo

Marciliojunior01
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Imponte Deluxo said:

1) looks like you put the same info 2 times , ILLOGICAL

2) I actually like to destroy the car if the dude pissed off someone in the session , if no , i like to steal it to my collection 

My post duplicated, i will correct it thanks. About stealing is up to you, like i said is not griefing is competition for the same objective, but don't you feel guilty ? 

Edited by Marciliojunior01

Imponte Deluxo
4 minutes ago, Marciliojunior01 said:

My post duplicated, i will correct it thanks. About stealing is up to you, like i said is not griefing is competition for the same objective, but don't you feel guilty ? 

Nah if the motherf#cker destroyed my impaler with a broomstick mk2 4 minutes ago

Jenkiiii
16 hours ago, Big Molio said:

I also think that engaging in any of the following with the intent to stop the job starter from winning is definitely not griefing:

Weapon of Choice

Sightseer

Haulage

Good suggestions/additions, which I have credited to you in the OP. Thanks. I have also added Airfreight and By The Pound.

Big Molio

I once got a message that said

”WTF? I try for ages to be the beast, and when I finally get to be the beast you kill me. Why can’t you let me do the mission in peace?”

I kid you not.

Xiled

That's different, since it's super rare to get that freemode event. The rare times it does start up, people normally don't become the beast.

HamwithCheese
18 hours ago, Jo1{er said:

No offense, but this makes literally 0 sense. If you want to kill me so many times, that my only solution is to simply leave the game and get away from you? That is griefing, plain and simple. 

Xiled

Players with that twisted mentaility is why i sell in solo public. 

Restarting game to get destroyed cargo back is also an intentional element rockstar put into the game. I'm a better player than the guy who destroyed my cargo since I got my cargo back, and got to switch sessions.

Fun part is when I blow up cargo destroyers and they get salty I keep killing them. I get joyful destroying them up before they waste several hour of another players cargo. 

Don't destroy cargo, I wont spam kill you. It's simple....period!

Marciliojunior01
30 minutes ago, Xiled said:

Restarting game to get destroyed cargo back is also an intentional element rockstar put into the game.

Why do you think thats the case ? 

Xiled
13 minutes ago, Marciliojunior01 said:

Why do you think thats the case ? 

Its exploiting how the game saves and they dont care enough to fix how the game saves. Therefor its intentional. 

Getting cargo back, orbiital cannon repeat, heist finalies. 

Marciliojunior01
20 minutes ago, Xiled said:

Its exploiting how the game saves and they dont care enough to fix how the game saves. Therefor its intentional. 

Getting cargo back, orbiital cannon repeat, heist finalies. 

I think is an overlapse that they cannot fix. Maybe the saving points are hardcoded therefore is way too hard to change them. And if they do such thing, might screw up another lines of code. 

Xiled

They had the option to set up online with servers but chose peer to peer instead, and it backfires with amount of glitches related to it lol :D

hugh750
Posted (edited)

r* adding oppressor mk 2 and laser weapons was a bad idea because griefers abuse them.

i'm saying that because i had a level 248 griefer keep attacking me outside my paleto bay facility today while i was in mc club.

Edited by hugh750

Stupidis

Imponte Deluxo
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Big Molio said:

I once got a message that said

”WTF? I try for ages to be the beast, and when I finally get to be the beast you kill me. Why can’t you let me do the mission in peace?”

I kid you not.

IF i was you , i would have send him: "Your reasoning is hardly logical, but indulge yourself" XD

Edited by Imponte Deluxo

Picklez
22 hours ago, Jo1{er said:

What a garbage post. Tell me how you're supposed to fight against all the weaponized meme sh*t and the f*cking orbital cannon in your post-op van or Titan?

Duh huh huh git gud duh huh. I hate how this phrase was literally kidnapped by idiots and used to defend sh*t game design. 

BOOGIEMAN219
10 minutes ago, Picklez said:

What a garbage post. Tell me how you're supposed to fight against all the weaponized meme sh*t and the f*cking orbital cannon in your post-op van or Titan?

Duh huh huh git gud duh huh. I hate how this phrase was literally kidnapped by idiots and used to defend sh*t game design. 

You can easily get out of your post op van, call a mkll, and spawn kill your attacker until he leaves. I do it every day.

Xiled

Remembers the game tells everyone in the session you selling with a marker on the map...

Natsuki
28 minutes ago, BOOGIEMAN219 said:

You can easily get out of your post op van, call a mkll, and spawn kill your attacker until he leaves. I do it every day.

Meanwhile the timer counts down, and someone else sneaks up to destroy it while you're distracted. Great idea.

Urban Legends
20 hours ago, computertech82 said:

Game. Set. Match... Exactly right. We are just asking that the mk2 Oppressor be treated like the "Special Vehicle" it is.  Not some willy nilly spawn from the MC menu. 

What is this GTA Online beta? This should have been fixed months ago and quite frankly it is insulting to thousands of honest players. I dont like it one bit. 

Take care everyone :)

BOOGIEMAN219
21 minutes ago, Natsuki said:

Meanwhile the timer counts down, and someone else sneaks up to destroy it while you're distracted. Great idea.

Check the map if somebody is coming, im not saying it's fool proof but your stating the worst case scenario. Sometimes it's best to just change sessions but this works for me about 99% of the time.