4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
game hancer

road parallax

game hancer

hello i need your help i am trying to understand how to activate the shader for parallax height / displacement / bump texture ... i create texture for the road my it is in high resolution 4096/8192 j would like to know how to make the texture of height work I try to add a texture as an example imroad_020_ H it does not work finally the game the load not help me please here is one of my video my it misses the texture height to give a more realistic effect 

> reply visualv 

I ask visualv he answered me this I do not understand much I would really like to have help friends thank you 

''just use a proper shader, normal_spec_pxm or something''

LeeC2202
Posted (edited)

A shader tells the game which textures are used when it is rendering the mesh/model. If that part of the map doesn't use a normal map in the shader, then adding a normal map won't make any difference to what you see. So if you open a ytd file and there is no normal map already there, then the shader isn't using one.

To fix it, you will have to export that part of the map and change the shader that is used on those polygons, using Gims EVO and 3DS Max. Then you will need to import it back into the game, with all the correct textures.

Edited by LeeC2202

game hancer

hanks for answering me really i need help can we get in touch via facebook / twitte / gmail ? 

hanks for answering me really i need help can we get in touch via facebook / twitte / gmail ? 

thanks for answering me really i need help can we get in touch via facebook / twitte / gmail? SORRY GOOGLE TRANSLATE 

LeeC2202
Posted (edited)

I don't use Facebook, Twitter or GMail, I only use this forum.

Google Translated: Je n’utilise pas Facebook, Twitter ou GMail, je n’utilise que ce forum.

Edited by LeeC2202

game hancer

ok thank you for answering me tell me what shader edit please I have to face what exactly I install 3dsmax and download gimp evo now I must face what? 

LeeC2202

I don't think you realise how big this question really is.

You are going to have to export every piece of the map that has a road in it.

You are going to have to export every texture that is used in those map sections.

You then have to import each map section, one at a time, into Gims EVO.

You then have to work out which shader is used on each polygon of that map section.

You then have to change the shader to one that supports bump/normal/height maps and add the new textures to it.

You then have to export that changed map section.

You then have to import all those changed map sections back into the correct location in the game files.

You then have to add the new textures to every ytd that is used in every map section that you have changed.

You then have to hope that the game works with the shader you have chosen on that section of the map.

As well as that, you are going to have to check if any of the textures need to be embedded in the ydr, or used from a ytd file. To be clear, this is a massive task. It's not a simple case of loading a model, changing a value and everything magically works.

Google Translated Text:

Je ne pense pas que vous réalisiez à quel point cette question est importante.

Vous allez devoir exporter chaque élément de la carte comportant une route.

Vous devrez exporter chaque texture utilisée dans ces sections de carte.

Vous devez ensuite importer chaque section de carte, une à la fois, dans Gims EVO.

Vous devez ensuite déterminer quel shader est utilisé sur chaque polygone de cette section de carte.

Vous devez ensuite remplacer le shader par un support prenant en charge les cartes bosse / normale / hauteur et y ajouter les nouvelles textures.

Vous devez ensuite exporter cette section de carte modifiée.

Vous devez ensuite réimporter toutes les sections de carte modifiées à l'emplacement correct dans les fichiers du jeu.

Vous devez ensuite ajouter les nouvelles textures à chaque ytd utilisé dans chaque section de carte que vous avez modifiée.

Il faut ensuite espérer que le jeu fonctionne avec le shader choisi sur cette partie de la carte.

En plus de cela, vous devrez vérifier si les textures doivent être incorporées dans le ydr ou utilisées à partir d'un fichier ytd. Pour être clair, c'est une tâche énorme. Il ne s’agit pas simplement de charger un modèle, de modifier une valeur et que tout fonctionne comme par magie.

Take a look at this small section of road that I made some changes to a while back. This is one small junction and there are 20 shaders used in this section of road. I was only changing some UV mapping and moving some parts of the mesh, I didn't make any changes to the textures or shaders.

Google Translated Text:

Jetez un coup d’œil à cette petite section de route sur laquelle j’ai apporté quelques modifications il ya quelque temps. Ceci est une petite jonction et il y a 20 shaders utilisés dans cette section de route. Je ne faisais que changer une cartographie UV et déplacer certaines parties du maillage, je n’ai apporté aucune modification aux textures ni aux shaders.

road-section.jpg

game hancer

wtf that sembre very difficult to finally ask for a lot of time it's a shame I can not even add height texture 

LeeC2202

The map is probably the most complicated part of all the game files. Any significant changes to the map are going to need a lot of time to complete.

La carte est probablement la partie la plus compliquée de tous les fichiers de jeu. Toute modification importante de la carte nécessitera beaucoup de temps.

LeeC2202

No, it isn't that simple. You can't just add a texture to a ytd file because it's the shaders that decide what to do with those textures.

Non, ce n'est pas si simple. Vous ne pouvez pas simplement ajouter une texture à un fichier ytd car ce sont les shaders qui décident quoi faire avec ces textures.

Model / Mesh <--- Shaders <--- Textures

It's like having a box of ingredients for a recipe. You can add an extra ingredient to the box but if the recipe doesn't use that ingredient, it won't get used when you make the meal.

C'est comme avoir une boîte d'ingrédients pour une recette. Vous pouvez ajouter un ingrédient supplémentaire à la boîte, mais si la recette n'utilise pas cet ingrédient, il ne s'utilisera pas lors de la préparation du repas.