Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. Los Santos Summer Special
      2. The Diamond Casino Heist
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

    2. GTA 6

      1. St Andrews Cathedral
    3. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

    6. GTA Vice City Stories

    7. GTA Liberty City Stories

    8. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    9. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    10. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    11. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

    1. Announcements

    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

ApolloThunder

A former Rockstar employee has GTA 6 listed as an upcoming game on his resume

Recommended Posts

SMC TBane

I think we should think simple about VC & LC (+South America) in one game.

 

I agree its strange to have the city’s in one map. What they can do is using Airport/airfields for fast travel to play in another city far away.

 

(For me) that would make sense to do that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Damien Scott

LC + VC + South America? No f*cking way.

flight-map.jpg

 

Even LC + VC are very unlikely imo. Take a look at the distance between them:

Spoiler

New-York-to-Miami-Road-Trip.png

 

Edited by Damien Scott
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MojoGamer

Liberty City and Vice City are likely going to connect by bridges like San Andreas.

They should include the South Americas, but only mission based like Max Payne 3.

It would suck to have the main maps Liberty City and Vice City degraded like Gta 5, cause South American area will take up development with no real interactions outside missions in freemode.

Sure include deathmatches and races in other place outside the reach of missions and freemode only. 

Brazil, Cuba, Jamaica and the Bahamas would be great map extensions with only Gta 5 taste.

Make Main-Locations Great Again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SMC TBane

If u played The Godfather II u know the mechanic of the game u have 3 options to go If ur in the airport. 

 

u have New York, Miami and Cuba as locations

 

1:10  u see what i mean. They can make it like that. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
YamatheKreature47
58 minutes ago, Damien Scott said:

LC + VC + South America? No f*cking way.

flight-map.jpg

 

Even LC + VC are very unlikely imo. Take a look at the distance between them:

  Hide contents

New-York-to-Miami-Road-Trip.png

 

The distance doesn't matter because there are tons of way they could make that work. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out. They put some land in between which features small towns and countryside which represent the southern states, then have Vice City like Los Santos was in V on the southern tip of the map. Have Liberty City on the northern edge of the map, but lock it in via water and unreachable land (Canada) like they did with Mexico in RDR2. Then instead of Vice City being the most southern point of the map, it goes farther to South Americas (a condensed version). It's really not that impossible to do. They basically compacted multiple states in RDR 2 (Texas, Colorado, Louisiana, etc). And that was on the PS4/XB1. I imagine the PS5 and next Xbox will be able to handle much more when it comes to the map. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MrQuiche
1 hour ago, Damien Scott said:

LC + VC + South America? No f*cking way.

flight-map.jpg

 

Even LC + VC are very unlikely imo. Take a look at the distance between them:

  Reveal hidden contents

New-York-to-Miami-Road-Trip.png

 

They could simply rezise it like The Crew did.It should be the same size as RDR2 or much more

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DexMacLeod

I really, really hope there's no truth to the idea of having both Vice City and Liberty City in the next game. I said it before but, both of those locations are more than good enough to stand on their own and carry a full game. I can't think of a single good reason to force them together other than to say "look how big a map we made!" and that doesn't seem like Rockstar's style.

 

How small would Rockstar's version of America have to be for that to even make any sense? They'd essentially be saying that, like, seven states don't exist in their universe. Or if they do they're just little, nothing, backwoods towns.

 

I don't get how it would really add to the story either. It sounds like they would just be making a big map for the sake of making a big map.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RedBandit.

I heard a rumour that GTA 6 will feature 3 locations, Liberty City, Vice City and Los Santos. Its just a rumour but a reliable one.

If you think about it more, it would mean the map would somehow represent a mini but accurate layout of the US with california on the West coast and Miami south East with Liberty City North East.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheSantader25

We want multiple cities but we don't want the scale to be ridiculous to the point of being unrealistic. Traveling between them wouldn't feel good. The best idea is choosing cities within a single state or approximately 2 states. 

Edited by TheSantader25
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RedBandit.
6 minutes ago, TheSantader25 said:

We want multiple cities but we don't want the scale to be ridiculous to the point of being unrealistic. Traveling between them wouldn't feel good. The best idea is choosing cities within a single state or approximately 2 states. 

I agree, I am sceptical about any more than 2 cities for the purpose of gameplay and also hardware limitations.

However, if you remember various interviews with Rockstar Games both pre GTA V and post GTA V, they always mentioned one day creating a project to their 'vision'; which was to make a GTA title that was somewhat 'universal' and featured the entire map of America or at least all the GTA cities combined. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheSantader25
2 minutes ago, RedBandit. said:

I agree, I am sceptical about any more than 2 cities for the purpose of gameplay and also hardware limitations.

However, if you remember various interviews with Rockstar Games both pre GTA V and post GTA V, they always mentioned one day creating a project to their 'vision'; which was to make a GTA title that was somewhat 'universal' and featured the entire map of America or at least all the GTA cities combined. 

Such a thing is impossible to do without ruining the scale at the moment. Also the story would be all over the place. I'll be ok with 3 cities and countryside in between them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wol321

Am I the only one who wants to see just a big city/state? Idk, but I feel like GTA VI could potentially lose a lot of vibe with multiple cities and we all know how maps play a big role in a GTA.

One of the reasons why I didn't appreciate that much San Andreas was the fact that there were multiple cities in it, none of them caught me like other chapters in the franchise did (like GTA VC, GTA 3, etc.). For me the perfect map is something like GTA V, huge main city and then a lot of (not empty) countryside to explore. I don't want to see them making again empty-connecting areas between the main cities like San Andreas, probably it'd be better to just create 2 separate islands and connect them with planes and boats.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RedBandit.

nevermind.

 

Edited by RedBandit.
,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gfh12

no way gta 6 going to copy the crew and copy whole united states have to say again who says gta 6 map gonna to be rdr 2 size   if it just vice city and liberty city would not be shocked fast travel between cities gta v backwards compat so can keep updating online with huge map with gta 6 vice/liberty map probably some sort of countryside but not guranteed beyond vice/liberty city would not be shocked if the south americas metioned in the know leak last year was just north yankton for few missions or gurama from rdr 2 with just vice/liberty main map 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MojoGamer
57 minutes ago, Wolver_321 said:

Am I the only one who wants to see just a big city/state? Idk, but I feel like GTA VI could potentially lose a lot of vibe with multiple cities and we all know how maps play a big role in a GTA.

One of the reasons why I didn't appreciate that much San Andreas was the fact that there were multiple cities in it, none of them caught me like other chapters in the franchise did (like GTA VC, GTA 3, etc.). For me the perfect map is something like GTA V, huge main city and then a lot of (not empty) countryside to explore. I don't want to see them making again empty-connecting areas between the main cities like San Andreas, probably it'd be better to just create 2 separate islands and connect them with planes and boats.

Gta is about cars, Liberty and Vice City going to connect like how New Jersey and New York connect IRL.

If Gta returns to New York, there likely not going to have us use airplanes again and have fighter jets shoot us down if we manage to steal one.

Like have 3 warning radio calls to not take flight and exit plane or else result in a automatic 6 star wanted system.

Still get 3 stars for trapassing into the airport if spotted.

Edited by MojoGamer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DexMacLeod
4 minutes ago, MojoGamer said:

Gta is about cars, Liberty and Vice City going to connect like how New Jersey and New York connect IRL.

If Gta returns to New York, there likely not going to have us use airplanes again and have fighter jets shoot us down if we manage to steal one.

I can't imagine them ever taking planes away again. Especially if the map is going to be even bigger than GTA V.

 

What happens to Alderney in this scenario?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wol321
6 minutes ago, MojoGamer said:

Gta is about cars, Liberty and Vice City going to connect like how New Jersey and New York connect IRL.

If Gta returns to New York, there likely not going to have us use airplanes again and have fighter jets shoot us down if we manage to steal one.

For me it's a bit reductive to say that GTA is about cars... Yes, Grand Theft Auto has the word "Auto", but there are so many other things involved in a GTA. 

Liberty City and Vice City in the past have always been islands, Idk if there will be both the cities and how they'll connect them, but I wouldn't throw completely away the possibility of having 2 separate pieces of land connected by air or sea.

If GTA returns to New York, I guess (and I hope) there'll be the countryside too, so I don't see Rockstar not allowing us to fly planes again. Fighter jets can spawn just over military bases (which are normally not in populated areas), they've never appeared near regular airports.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gfh12

gurantee not source but common sense next gta will be vice/liberty city map south america as a story only map dont know if rumour red bandit heard was true but san andreas vice city liberty in one map would make sense but gta v backwards compat so why add gta v map

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MojoGamer
7 minutes ago, gfh12 said:

gurantee not source but common sense next gta will be vice/liberty city map south america as a story only map dont know if rumour red bandit heard was true but san andreas vice city liberty in one map would make sense but gta v backwards compat so why add gta v map

 

A ps3 map wouldn't make sense with a ps5 map.

All we can hope for is addition dlcs to be set in past locations.

Starting with Las Venturas or San Fierro and finishing with Los Santos.

Gta 6 likely not in the HD era anymore, so current los Santos will not co-exist the 4k or 8k era.

Just like San Andreas and HD Los Santos didn't co-exist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
YNNEL

As long as you’d felt you’d travelled a significant distance in game I don’t really see the problem with two cities. It takes about 40 minutes to cross from coast to coast in the Crew 2. Even just a scaled down version of that.

 

Or just a map 2-3 times the size of GTA 5 with a city either end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kingcs

Starting to get that same feeling that I had in late 2010 to 2011. That hype feeling. Rumors swirling and such. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RedBandit.

I think they wanted to re-make Los Santos and connect it to more land that led to the far east to Vice City.

The plan was to allow people to transfer their online characters over but only for 3 months after release apparently so there is more people buying the game.

It would explain why we saw a HD Liberty City on the Rockstar employees resume a few years back and also the YouTube channel called 'The Know' claiming their sources confirmed Vice City. Im not sure but the recent pastebin about PS5 also elevates this.

 

BY the way, this guy on Reddit is claiming to be an employee hence where I am gathering this intel:

https://www.reddit.com/r/AMA/comments/bhqk65/i_am_a_former_rockstar_games_employee_of_2_years/?sort=new

Also today a Glassdoor review was released about Rockstar and it mentions some interesting points about 'Test Kits' - https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Employee-Review-Rockstar-Games-RVW25858253.htm

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Re-Dragon-Cro

This made me think, if LC and VC are going to be present and connected then it would be a great way for R* to do something that they were unable to do in IV, Liberty City was supposed to have a countryside.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SMC TBane
25 minutes ago, RedBandit. said:

I think they wanted to re-make Los Santos and connect it to more land that led to the far east to Vice City.

The plan was to allow people to transfer their online characters over but only for 3 months after release apparently so there is more people buying the game.

It would explain why we saw a HD Liberty City on the Rockstar employees resume a few years back and also the YouTube channel called 'The Know' claiming their sources confirmed Vice City. Im not sure but the recent pastebin about PS5 also elevates this.

 

BY the way, this guy on Reddit is claiming to be an employee hence where I am gathering this intel:

https://www.reddit.com/r/AMA/comments/bhqk65/i_am_a_former_rockstar_games_employee_of_2_years/?sort=new

Also today a Glassdoor review was released about Rockstar and it mentions some interesting points about 'Test Kits' - https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Employee-Review-Rockstar-Games-RVW25858253.htm

If this “Ex R* employer” is legit This is the interessting things he mentiod:

 

-  There were 2 games in the works after RDR2

- Trusted Leak comes from “The Know”

- From the years the location got changed alot but it has multiple city’s

- Bully is not the next R* title

- Microtransactions was Taketwo idea mainly

 

Idk If this is true, anybody can talk like this, but If Its true then it will be VC LC and southern america 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HoodedWatermelon

I'm not sold on the validity of that AMA. For all we know he could be making things up. We'll have to see if it gets taken down.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gfh12

cant find anything on los santos but like i said why remaster gta v when it will be on next gen and you can continue to sell shark cards will look better on next gen like every ps4/xbox 2 game will be as proven by spiderman on ps5 leak dont have link but said it loads like 100 times better on ps5 remaster vice/liberty for 6  to complete gta world and online like redbandit said but save money by updating gta v 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MojoGamer

Likely Gta 6 99% and not Bully 2 thank god, so Im hoping a Fantasy Roleplayer cause  i like anime

2 minutes ago, gfh12 said:

cant find anything on los santos but like i said why remaster gta v when it will be on next gen and you can continue to sell shark cards will look better on next gen like every ps4/xbox 2 game will be as proven by spiderman on ps5 leak dont have link but said it loads like 100 times better on ps5 remaster vice/liberty for 6  to complete gta world and online like redbandit said but save money by updating gta v 

Need help, there? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zello
1 hour ago, DexMacLeod said:

What happens to Alderney in this scenario?

Alderney gets extended and we see more of the State. They'd add another huge City based on Newark, NJ.

 

We'd see more of South Jersey. Like the Jersey shore, The capital of New Jersey Trenton, and of course Atlantic City.

 

If Phill Bellic were here he'd have a heart attack just of the thought of a bigger Alderney.

Edited by Zello

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gfh12

meant cant find anything on this supposed ex rockstar employee mentioning los santos in gta 6 as red bandit says

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kingcs

Interesting read. 

 

Damn. This old feeling is wonderful. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.