Official PS5 Topic

Jason

Agent Edward
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, LongHairedFreakyGuy said:

So a game is 'sus' because it has animations that are slightly the same as another game in somewhat the same genre/type of game? OK...

I said sus because maybe some Sony studio helped Konami with its development, I didn't say it's a fact tho, stop being annoying.

Edited by Agent Edward

LongHairedFreakyGuy
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Jason said:

It's one of those games where if it didn't have a famous IP attached to it no one would really bat an eye at it, it'd just be yet another horror game.

Didn't play much of the original, but I do remember this was one of the rare times when a game benefitted from the hardware limitations of the time, utilising the fog to add to the creepiness of it all. It'd be nice to have Silent Hill back in the mix, but that video did no justice whatsoever. 

I'll maybe get round to this game soon, but I already have the likes of Dead Space, Resi Evil, Alan Wake etc to get through. 

Speaking of, seems there may be a rumoured leak of RE9 going round. 

https://www.eurogamer.net/resident-evil-9-revenant-shadows-pops-up-online-along-with-ps5-versions-of-code-veronica-zero-and-resi-5

Edited by LongHairedFreakyGuy

KilnerLUFC.gif

Gettin up

Bought 12 months of PS Plus Essential yesterday. -20% discount, €57,56...

You can't buy more than 12 months for discounted price. I would have bought at least 24 months because of GTA VI later.

Agent Edward
1 minute ago, Gettin up said:

Bought 12 months of PS Plus Essential yesterday. -20% discount, €57,56...

You can't buy more than 12 months for discounted price. I would have bought at least 24 months because of GTA VI later.

I'm sure that we'll get more discounts next year, close to its release, although I would wait for GTAO2's release to buy it though, it may release a month after GTA6 itself or even later than that.

Gettin up
31 minutes ago, Agent Edward said:

I'm sure that we'll get more discounts next year, close to its release, although I would wait for GTAO2's release to buy it though, it may release a month after GTA6 itself or even later than that.

I hope you're right. I think they will try to increase the price instead.
Nobody knows yet.

But then again, PS Plus Essential is a must thing to have. At least for me. Because of multiplayer and cloud saves. They do give away some games free monthly, but those are usually crap. I also think you are unable to play those games they give you for free, if you unsub.

Agent Edward
Posted (edited)

So, Sony is thinking about requiring PSN accounts for PC players who will buy their upcoming games released there? Talk about wanting to inflate PSN and PS+ numbers by any means necessary lmfao. As dumb as someone can be, as soon as he compared those numbers with the console sales the account wouldn't match, they must think we're stupid.

By the way, imagine having to pay the PS+ to play online games on a f*cking PC? God, give me strenght...

Edited by Agent Edward

Not thinking, doing. Helldivers 2 technically required PSN accounts at launch via their ToS, but to help w/ the server issues they disabled PSN account linking only to announce they're gonna require it 2-3 months after launch... which went horrifically for Sony, like really, really, really bad. One of the biggest backlashes you'll see in gaming.

So what Sony learned from that is they went to Helldivers 2 fans "okay, we won't force account linking on you" and then went to every other upcoming PS PC game and went "alright make it very f*cking clear we require everyone to have a PSN account". It's almost funny how often they said it during the SoP.

As for why... bumping up the PSN account numbers, DAU/MAU users etc, can only be the reason you'd think. It's an easy way for them to show growth.

• Like 2

Agent Edward
7 minutes ago, Jason said:

Not thinking, doing. Helldivers 2 technically required PSN accounts at launch via their ToS, but to help w/ the server issues they disabled PSN account linking only to announce they're gonna require it 2-3 months after launch... which went horrifically for Sony, like really, really, really bad. One of the biggest backlashes you'll see in gaming.

So what Sony learned from that is they went to Helldivers 2 fans "okay, we won't force account linking on you" and then went to every other upcoming PS PC game and went "alright make it very f*cking clear we require everyone to have a PSN account". It's almost funny how often they said it during the SoP.

As for why... bumping up the PSN account numbers, DAU/MAU users etc, can only be the reason you'd think. It's an easy way for them to show growth.

Sh*t, I didn't even know about Helldivers 2's case, what is wrong with companies making the lives of Steam and Epic users so difficult? Needing PSN accounts, RGL, whatever the f*ck it is... Isn't the money generated by those extra sources of income enough for them? "Ah, thank you for helping us by buying our game PC player, here's a sh*tload of requirements and DRMs for you as a gratification."

The worst thing about it all is it became apparent just how ill thought out Sony's plan was. PSN isn't available in a lot of countries Steam is so when HD2 players noticed this Sony pulled the game from sale in all those regions, and have had to do the same with upcoming titles.

So they were selling games in regions where people couldn't create required PSN accounts all along and they didn't even realise it lol.

Agent Edward
Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Jason said:

The worst thing about it all is it became apparent just how ill thought out Sony's plan was. PSN isn't available in a lot of countries Steam is so when HD2 players noticed this Sony pulled the game from sale in all those regions, and have had to do the same with upcoming titles.

So they were selling games in regions where people couldn't create required PSN accounts all along and they didn't even realise it lol.

This ain't even the worst part, my worry is the subscriptions like PS+ and XGP being required to play online games on PC eventually, and the possibility of this expanding to other hosts, like Steam and Epic.

But man, seriously now, these companies are so obsessed with earning money by any ways they can that they can't see the bigger picture behind making online play free, imagine if Sony came out and said that PS+ would no longer be required to play paid online games anymore? The increase in PS5 sales, the gaas themselves and their respective microtransactions would be something they never seen before, hell, even story mode games would end up having better sales too, due to more people having a PS5, one thing follows the other...

PlayStation has two CEOs now and none of them figured out that reducing the PS5 price about $50 and making online play free would grant them a insane income increase in game and microtransaction sales? Which is ultimately what they make money off, we're almost 4 years into this gen for god's sake.

Edited by Agent Edward

On 5/31/2024 at 10:24 PM, Agent Edward said:

my worry is the subscriptions like PS+ and XGP being required to play online games on PC eventually

It would be the instant death of PS and Xbox games on PC. Instant. If they were gonna try it they'd have done it yonks ago but there's a reason they've never tried it.

On 5/31/2024 at 10:24 PM, Agent Edward said:

and the possibility of this expanding to other hosts, like Steam and Epic.

Impossible for Valve to do that, that's not how Steam works at all.

And even if they technically could, Valve would vomit at the mere idea of it. They are by far away the most pro-consumer platform holder in all of gaming, it's ultimately reason #1 for why people are so loyal to Steam. A big part of why they are like this is because they're privately owned, and the people who own it are very much against take over by someone like MS/Sony (and it'd never pass regulators either). Also, Steam prints money like an absolute motherf*cker.

Epic won't do it either because 1) it'd kill EGS for good and 2) it'd add a massive hurdle to play Fortnite and they don't want to do that.

Agent Edward
8 minutes ago, Jason said:

It would be the instant death of PS and Xbox games PC. Instant. If they were gonna try it they'd have done it yonks ago but there's a reason they've never tried it.

Impossible for Valve to do that, that's not how Steam works at all.

And even if they technically could, Valve would vomit at the mere idea of it. They are by far away the most pro-consumer platform holder in all of gaming, it's ultimately reason #1 for why people are so loyal to Steam. A big part of why they are like this is because they're privately owned, and the people who own it are very much against take over by someone like MS/Sony (and it'd never pass regulators either). Also, Steam prints money like an absolute motherf*cker.

Epic won't do it either because 1) it'd kill EGS for good and 2) it'd add a massive hurdle to play Fortnite and they don't want to do that.

I hope so, I just wish that Sony and Microsoft thought like this, and it's not like it wouldn't increase their income like crazy either. Sometimes being greedy makes us lose more than what we could have thinking two steps ahead.

• Realistic Steak! 2

Guchmeister

A few months back I bought Spider-Man 2 for about €10 through a penguin with a crown (iykyk), and still feel like I wasted money. These Marvel games are so not for me. 

• Like 2

Agent Edward
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Guchmeister said:

A few months back I bought Spider-Man 2 for about €10 through a penguin with a crown (iykyk), and still feel like I wasted money. These Marvel games are so not for me. 

I don't like any superhero stuff at all.

Edited by Agent Edward
  • Like 2

Moonshine Wagon Fan

Controllers are reduced during the Days Of Play promotion so I ordered the Sterling Silver controller this evening:

DualSense-SterlingSilver-Controller-Hero

TheSantader25
Posted (edited)
On 6/1/2024 at 5:11 PM, Guchmeister said:

Yep. The dialogue is bland and superficial just like the characters. this also transfers to the gameplay. it's fluid sure but you really don't feel any of the impact of your attacks. they don't feel like punches and kicks at all. A game like Sleeping Dogs from 2012 displays the impact of melee attacks much better. I know it has a lot of fans but it's just not for me. I need to be more immersed in the experience and actually find the characters and their interactions interesting. The gameplay should make me feel something ffs. It doesn't make me feel badass or anything like that. God of War as an example does a much better job in that regard.

Edited by TheSantader25
  • Like 1

.Ryan.

Honestly I think the most bad arse part of Spider-Man 2 is playing as Venom.

That was 🔥

But I get the game’s not for everyone. Speaking of Spider-Man 2 I hope it gets DLC soon. I really want to do a new game + playthrough, but only if there’s some DLC to go along with it.

https://blog.playstation.com/2024/06/06/helldivers-ii-enlists-the-viper-commandos-warbond-on-june-13/

Despite all the deserved success HD2 has had, it's been a pretty big car crash when it comes to post-launch support. Horrible stance on balancing, a mentality of patching and adding content as fast as possible leading to undercooked content, broken missions, long standing bugs taking ages to fix, then the whole community manager / PR nightmares, the PSN account stuff. Fire after fire.

But it's nice to see them listening, they already announced they're slowing down patches, but they've also confirmed they're slowing down releases of the new Warbonds (battle passes) too, while also changing the content instead of just endless new weapons and armour w/ the same stats as stuff that's been in the game since launch. This is all on top of a change in approach to balancing, which is sorely needed cause their approach to balancing since launch has been absolutely horrific lol.

LongHairedFreakyGuy
11 hours ago, Harwood Butch3r said:

Honestly I think the most bad arse part of Spider-Man 2 is playing as Venom.

That was 🔥

But I get the game’s not for everyone. Speaking of Spider-Man 2 I hope it gets DLC soon. I really want to do a new game + playthrough, but only if there’s some DLC to go along with it.

Yeah, I've been putting the NG+ off too in hope for some new content. Not that bothered really since I purchased the remastered Spiderman and also got the PS5 version of MM, so hopefully by the time I replay them there'll be something new on SM2. 

One thing I hope Sony really work on and address, at last, is the whole PS store and PSPlus. Why should I have to go through the painstaking BS to cancel a license on a game I got through PSPlus if I want to buy the higher editions of a game? 

Small quibble, but it'd also be nice if at some point they changed the symbol on games that you acquired through the monthly games, as apposed to ones from the catalogue in PSPlus. 

Hopefully they quickly resolve this Stars issue too, especially at a time when all these deals are on. 

KilnerLUFC.gif

Moonshine Wagon Fan

Pic of my new Dualsense controller:

yXomYEH.jpeg

My current Dualsense controllers:

W8jwHXV.jpeg

• Like 4

Agent Edward

I disabled almost every assist in GT7 to do some tests, excepting manual transmission and ASM, my fingers never hit the weights so hard, the DualSense adaptive triggers don't forgive anyone, let me tell ya.

Edited by Agent Edward

• 2 weeks later...
Agent Edward

What you people think about this gen's lenght? Will the PS6 be released in 2027 or 2028? It certainly won't be 2026, the PS5 Pro didn't even get released yet, hell, it wasn't even announced yet.

I'd still say 2027 or 2028 still. I don't think they'd get a ton of support from publishers, what with dev cycles as they are, to support a PS6 in 2026, same with MS and their rumoured 2026 console. I know cross gen exists now but I think most studios and publishers are probably working around a 7-8 year time table for these consoles, aiming to get a big game out at that time to maximise sales w/ the big install base.

It's also probably sensible to wait a little bit longer to lock in the hardware, cause a lot is probably still changing on that front with improving RT performance, hardware AI/ML stuff and even the prospect of using Arm in the consoles.

Agent Edward
7 hours ago, Jason said:

I'd still say 2027 or 2028 still. I don't think they'd get a ton of support from publishers, what with dev cycles as they are, to support a PS6 in 2026, same with MS and their rumoured 2026 console. I know cross gen exists now but I think most studios and publishers are probably working around a 7-8 year time table for these consoles, aiming to get a big game out at that time to maximise sales w/ the big install base.

It's also probably sensible to wait a little bit longer to lock in the hardware, cause a lot is probably still changing on that front with improving RT performance, hardware AI/ML stuff and even the prospect of using Arm in the consoles.

I think this rumor of Microsoft releasing its new console in 2026 is bullsh*t, I believe the next Xbox will be released in 2027 and the PS6 in 2028, this is my opinion.

Probably. Their entire timeline leaked in the FTC leak remember, and it was 2027/2028. The 2026 thing came from somewhere else IIRC. But they have already mentioned a next-gen console, which is mad, so who knows.

There's been strong rumours that the next Xbox would essentially be like a Steam Machine too.

Agent Edward
2 hours ago, Jason said:

Probably. Their entire timeline leaked in the FTC leak remember, and it was 2027/2028. The 2026 thing came from somewhere else IIRC. But they have already mentioned a next-gen console, which is mad, so who knows.

There's been strong rumours that the next Xbox would essentially be like a Steam Machine too.

2026 is mad indeed, the console generations can't be shorter than the game development themselves, otherwise we'll have to choose which console generations we'll have to buy or skip to play the games of our favorite publishers.

I know the XSX and the PS5 will both be very outdated by 2027 and 2028, respectively, but the Switch 2 will already be released being a outdated console and no one is talking sh*t about it, so...

Edited by Agent Edward

4 minutes ago, Agent Edward said:

2026 is mad indeed, the console generations can't be shorter than the game development themselves, otherwise we'll have to choose which console generations we'll have to buy or skip to play the games of our favorite publishers.

Because of cross-gen, no. Cross gen periods will last 2-3 years every generation now, for as long as console generations exist. Games are too expensive to make them exclusive to new-gen consoles in the first 1-3 years, the install base just isn't there. Some people have issue with this and I understand the reasons, but I think once publishers get used to this cycle (which they should be by next-gen) we'll see more big games release in the first 1-3 years of a generation, rather than a generation light in the first half, which it traditional has in generations gone by.

6 minutes ago, Agent Edward said:

I know the XSX and the PS5 will both be very outdated by 2027 and 2028, respectively, but the Switch 2 will already be released being a outdated console and no one is talking sh*t about it, so...

XSX and PS5 are aging like milk honestly. They aren't anywhere near as bad relatively as the 360/PS3 gen were at this stage, but because the key advances this gen are RT, upscaling and frame gen, current gen consoles basically missed the train for those for hardware support by 1-2 years, and now they're paying the price for it. Software based upscaling, which is annihilating image quality, reduced RT, and a CPU that is struggling to do 60fps in big games meaning frame gen isn't gonna be a viable option on current gen consoles for the big complex games, not without going nuts with the native res anyway.

As for the Switch 2's hardware, the reason why no one talks sh*t on it is because hardware is no where near the main thing holding back modern AAA gaming, it's publishers. Nintendo's 1st party for the most part is given a lot of freedom to be ambition and creative, there's only really GameFreak that are the exception.

Honestly, I've been playing some older games recently, AC Odyssey and Dragon Age Inqusition, and it's really made me think that I'd be really fine with more AAA games that don't go nuts with visuals and fidelity that ramp up development times, DAI is from 2014 and yea it shows it's age in spots but downsampling it and running it with a bit of ReShade or (as I've now gotten a HDR monitor) a HDR mod and it all looks pretty damn great still. As a giant RPG fan, I'd be down for good RPG's that looked like that in 2024. Not everything needs to be a technical showcase.

Agent Edward
38 minutes ago, Jason said:

Because of cross-gen, no. Cross gen periods will last 2-3 years every generation now, for as long as console generations exist. Games are too expensive to make them exclusive to new-gen consoles in the first 1-3 years, the install base just isn't there. Some people have issue with this and I understand the reasons, but I think once publishers get used to this cycle (which they should be by next-gen) we'll see more big games release in the first 1-3 years of a generation, rather than a generation light in the first half, which it traditional has in generations gone by.

XSX and PS5 are aging like milk honestly. They aren't anywhere near as bad relatively as the 360/PS3 gen were at this stage, but because the key advances this gen are RT, upscaling and frame gen, current gen consoles basically missed the train for those for hardware support by 1-2 years, and now they're paying the price for it. Software based upscaling, which is annihilating image quality, reduced RT, and a CPU that is struggling to do 60fps in big games meaning frame gen isn't gonna be a viable option on current gen consoles for the big complex games, not without going nuts with the native res anyway.

As for the Switch 2's hardware, the reason why no one talks sh*t on it is because hardware is no where near the main thing holding back modern AAA gaming, it's publishers. Nintendo's 1st party for the most part is given a lot of freedom to be ambition and creative, there's only really GameFreak that are the exception.

Honestly, I've been playing some older games recently, AC Odyssey and Dragon Age Inqusition, and it's really made me think that I'd be really fine with more AAA games that don't go nuts with visuals and fidelity that ramp up development times, DAI is from 2014 and yea it shows it's age in spots but downsampling it and running it with a bit of ReShade or (as I've now gotten a HDR monitor) a HDR mod and it all looks pretty damn great still. As a giant RPG fan, I'd be down for good RPG's that looked like that in 2024. Not everything needs to be a technical showcase.

This is exactly why I think that console generations should last around 8 years every single time, make the consoles as powerful as they can be as soon as the generation begins and then roll with it for the next 8 years. Now that you mentioned some games with "outdated" graphics that you enjoy, let's use GTA6 as an example, do the next Rockstar game after it (RDR3 or whatever) really need graphics better than GTA6's? It could have the exact same graphics for all I care, maybe polishing some minor stuff here and there in it, use the extra power of the PS6 to do something more interesting in the game itself, like making every interior enterable, giving us different paths in the story depending of our choices, etc.

7 minutes ago, Agent Edward said:

This is exactly why I think that console generations should last around 8 years every single time, make the consoles as powerful as they can be as soon as the generation begins and then roll with it for the next 8 years.

I mean these consoles were really really powerful for their price when they launched. It's just there's been huge advances in hardware and software in the years immediately following. Consoles will always age like this, they always have.

8 minutes ago, Agent Edward said:

use the extra power of the PS6 to do something more interesting in the game itself, like making every interior enterable, giving us different paths in the story depending of our choices, etc.

None of this is really hardware dependent even today. Because of NVMe's and modern engines, making every building enterable wouldn't be challenging I don't think, streaming (loading) the interiors in and out would be a relative doddle.

For interiors the problem is filling them with interesting things, and that's impossible to do on a large scale. It'd just be a whole bunch of houses you could enter and do nothing interesting with. When a AAA city based action game finally does make every building enterable I suspect everyone will play it and go "yea, that's why no one has done this before". If anyone ever tries it, anywho.

Story branching is possible today it just requires a game designed around story branching - ie an RPG. R* open world games are all in one experiences and need to be able to cover a lot of different things to make their games what they are, if they wanted to do really deep stories with branching paths they'd need to trim that down, unless ofc they wanted to take 15 years to make a video game. Something like Baldur's Gate 3 with all it's possible branches is only possibly because that's literally the entire point of the game.

Agent Edward
41 minutes ago, Jason said:

I mean these consoles were really really powerful for their price when they launched. It's just there's been huge advances in hardware and software in the years immediately following. Consoles will always age like this, they always have.

None of this is really hardware dependent even today. Because of NVMe's and modern engines, making every building enterable wouldn't be challenging I don't think, streaming (loading) the interiors in and out would be a relative doddle.

For interiors the problem is filling them with interesting things, and that's impossible to do on a large scale. It'd just be a whole bunch of houses you could enter and do nothing interesting with. When a AAA city based action game finally does make every building enterable I suspect everyone will play it and go "yea, that's why no one has done this before". If anyone ever tries it, anywho.

Story branching is possible today it just requires a game designed around story branching - ie an RPG. R* open world games are all in one experiences and need to be able to cover a lot of different things to make their games what they are, if they wanted to do really deep stories with branching paths they'd need to trim that down, unless ofc they wanted to take 15 years to make a video game. Something like Baldur's Gate 3 with all it's possible branches is only possibly because that's literally the entire point of the game.

This is why I think these ideas should be implemented in RDR3 or another game mostly focused on countryside environments first before being used in GTA7, in RDR2 at least 80% of its interiors were explorable in the countryside areas outside of towns, Rockstar can make 100% of them explorable in RDR3, only in towns we would find structures that we can't enter, excepting the main ones as always, like stores and such.

And about the story having different branches, it wouldn't have to be as complex as in Cyberpunk 2077, imagine finishing RDR2's story normally and then figuring out that Arthur could've survived if I forgive Downes' debt, so he could've killed Micah himself and we wouldn't need to play as John to do it, this would be a incentive to replay the game all over again and take this different path.

I don't know if this is true, but there was a rumor that Rockstar planned to make us play as John or as Dutch in RDR2's epilogue depending of how we played the game as Arthur (his honor level), but they ditched this idea either because they didn't have time to do it, because of hardware limitations or both, maybe Take-Two wanted them to start GTA6's full development already by late 2018 and things like this story idea, Guarma being fully explorable and other things had to be cut from the game.

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.