Jump to content

Official PS5 Topic


Jason

Recommended Posts

DODI3OG
20 hours ago, Jason said:

Failure rate on modern consoles is pretty low tbf, there's no concerns of anything like the PS3/360 era.

 

They're just typically much better designed from a cooling perspective, on pretty bog standard hardware - x86, not some niche thing like Cell or PowerPC.

Never experienced any system-related issue with my PS3 Superslim, other than the Hard Drives failing, which were easy and cheap to replace until I sold it for a PS5. Nothing serious that needed a total replacement.

 

My PS4 on the other hand was abused to hell and back with super dusty vents, playing it on 50 degrees celcius, and the only problem I went through with it was when it somehow all data on the hard drive, which if I remember correctly, it was an external HDD at that time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My only 360 died cause it was left in a room while work went on, so it got sawdust and whatnot inside. My launch PS4 never failed and still works now, despite being in and out of draws and boxes and just in general not being taken care of since I gave it away when I got my Pro, which worked until I sold it. Series S works fine too.

 

The trick with 360/PS3 era consoles was keeping them in a good, airy place, but those days people still had the classic closed TV cabinets and stuff like that, which were sauna's for what were genuinely prickly hardware. But peoples setups changed and cooling solutions have become a lot better across the board since then and the consoles now run tried and tested hardware. Issues can still happen of course, but not buying a launch console incase of a hardware problem isn't really a good reason to avoid buying one these days.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I sent my 360 back to get fixed because of the RRoD multiple times, not sure what they "fixed" as a couple of months down the road would happen again lol. Must of spent more time on the phone troubleshooting than gaming on that thing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Agent Edward

Regarding the first PS5 model (CFI-1014), the only problem I remember was the liquid metal leakage when placed in the vertical position, the CFI-1114 already got a few things remodeled inside and the latest CFI-1214 even got the 7nm APU changed to a more efficient 6nm one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Agent Edward
Posted (edited)

I just got to the Porsche Cup in GT7, my lord, the rolling start is so unfair in that Nurburgring race, the opponent cars starts even further away and it's almost impossible to catch the first place, how am I supposed to take a game like this seriously? I have to constantly break the track rules to win the races because of the rolling start, I'm not gonna respect the rules of a game which don't respect me as a player, this is the first game which makes me feel unhealthy while playing it. If you ain't a die hard GT fan/player for many years, you don't stand a chance in this game.

 

Also, why the hell do I have to wait almost until the end of the Cafe Menu Books to sell my cars? Not to mention the fact that we can't sell spare parts that we won/bought at all, despite them cleary having a resale value lmfao, f*ck me sideways, this game's design is awful.

 

For the first time ever I got a good reward from that rigged roulette though, 500K.

Edited by Agent Edward
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Harwood Butch3r

https://www.ign.com/articles/new-astro-bot-game-rumored-to-be-announced-in-the-next-two-weeks

 

This has me excited.

 

There have have been rumours of a new Astro game for a little while, but it looks like it might be getting revealed in the next couple of weeks.

 

The most relieving thing is if the rumours are to be believed is it’ll be a full fledged PS5 game rather than just for VR2 which would be great as VR2 is ridiculously expensive and I’ve never really got into VR personally.

 

Anyway I have a soft spot for Astro as Astro’s Playroom was literally the first PS5 game I ever played and I scored my first platinum.  
 

Granted as much as I love my blockbuster single player hits it would be nice to see Sony embrace some smaller titles like this one for some more variety. Sackboy A big adventure was pretty cool too.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Agent Edward
5 hours ago, Harwood Butch3r said:

https://www.ign.com/articles/new-astro-bot-game-rumored-to-be-announced-in-the-next-two-weeks

 

This has me excited.

 

There have have been rumours of a new Astro game for a little while, but it looks like it might be getting revealed in the next couple of weeks.

 

The most relieving thing is if the rumours are to be believed is it’ll be a full fledged PS5 game rather than just for VR2 which would be great as VR2 is ridiculously expensive and I’ve never really got into VR personally.

 

Anyway I have a soft spot for Astro as Astro’s Playroom was literally the first PS5 game I ever played and I scored my first platinum.  
 

Granted as much as I love my blockbuster single player hits it would be nice to see Sony embrace some smaller titles like this one for some more variety. Sackboy A big adventure was pretty cool too.

There are rumors that a PlayStation Showcase is right around the corner, so we may see it there.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Moonshine Wagon Fan
7 minutes ago, Agent Edward said:

There are rumors that a PlayStation Showcase is right around the corner, so we may see it there.

 

Right or left corner? 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here's hoping at this showcase that we might see some gameplay from Concord, Sony's live-service PvP sci-fi game. All we've had is that teaser from back in May last year, but supposedly gameplay was actually coming soon from what I read a few months ago.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Latest rumour is it's a State of Play, not a "Showcase". Might mean something in terms of what we can expect from it, might not.

 

Concord is expected to be shown very soon too as well yea.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Agent Edward
31 minutes ago, Moonshine Wagon Fan said:

 

Right or left corner? 😉

Well... we read the calendar from left to right, so the right corner. :kekw:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Agent Edward

If I knew that LeMans race paid so much before, I would've done it since the first days I started playing GT7, gaining $825.000 for a 33 minutes race more or less? If I do two of these every day I'll be Bill Gates by the end of next month in this game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Supposedly there is no big showcase event this year, so the SoP might be it. Seems like there's probably a few decent announcements, Astrobot, Concord reveal and maybe one or two more, but it doesn't sound like Sony will have big big 1st party news this summer. Sucker Punch and Naughty Dog would be the next in line for a new game you'd think, but it seems they might still have a lil ways to go.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Agent Edward
1 hour ago, Jason said:

Supposedly there is no big showcase event this year, so the SoP might be it. Seems like there's probably a few decent announcements, Astrobot, Concord reveal and maybe one or two more, but it doesn't sound like Sony will have big big 1st party news this summer. Sucker Punch and Naughty Dog would be the next in line for a new game you'd think, but it seems they might still have a lil ways to go.

Sony said that its main franchises wouldn't have sequels released this year yet, reason why games like Death Stranding 2 are only being released next year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yea DS2 seems like the next big big Sony release I'm guessing.

 

That timing they had with HZD into GoW, Spidey, GoT, TLOU2 and then FW, GoW:R and Spidey 2 was a bit of a planets aligning it seems, they're in the inevitable quiet 1-2 period now where they just don't have anything big big in the short term.

 

But it should mean the last 2-3 years of the generation are as spicy as the PS4's.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Agent Edward
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Jason said:

Yea DS2 seems like the next big big Sony release I'm guessing.

 

That timing they had with HZD into GoW, Spidey, GoT, TLOU2 and then FW, GoW:R and Spidey 2 was a bit of a planets aligning it seems, they're in the inevitable quiet 1-2 period now where they just don't have anything big big in the short term.

 

But it should mean the last 2-3 years of the generation are as spicy as the PS4's.

The PS5 life post GTA6 will be rad, Uncharted 5 or The Last of Us Part III, another God of War, a new Gran Turismo (probably cross-gen, PS5 and PS6)...

Edited by Agent Edward
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ghost of Tsushima 2 and Wolverine too. Can also maybe see the next Horizon game squeezing in before the generation ends too.

 

...also if rumours are to be believed you'll have some Xbox games day 1 too. :lol:

 

Talk that the next Doom is multi plat, to be announced at the upcoming Xbox showcase. If true, I can only presume it'll be the first of more to come.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Agent Edward
40 minutes ago, Jason said:

Ghost of Tsushima 2 and Wolverine too. Can also maybe see the next Horizon game squeezing in before the generation ends too.

 

...also if rumours are to be believed you'll have some Xbox games day 1 too. :lol:

 

Talk that the next Doom is multi plat, to be announced at the upcoming Xbox showcase. If true, I can only presume it'll be the first of more to come.

Even if Horizon 3 gets released in the PS6 gen, I'm pretty sure that it will be released early enough for it to still be released for the PS5 too.

 

This console still got plenty of awesome upcoming games after GTA6 itself, but clickbaiters be clickbaiting, saying that it's dying...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

LongHairedFreakyGuy
16 hours ago, Harwood Butch3r said:

https://www.ign.com/articles/new-astro-bot-game-rumored-to-be-announced-in-the-next-two-weeks

 

This has me excited.

 

There have have been rumours of a new Astro game for a little while, but it looks like it might be getting revealed in the next couple of weeks.

 

The most relieving thing is if the rumours are to be believed is it’ll be a full fledged PS5 game rather than just for VR2 which would be great as VR2 is ridiculously expensive and I’ve never really got into VR personally.

 

Anyway I have a soft spot for Astro as Astro’s Playroom was literally the first PS5 game I ever played and I scored my first platinum.  
 

Granted as much as I love my blockbuster single player hits it would be nice to see Sony embrace some smaller titles like this one for some more variety. Sackboy A big adventure was pretty cool too.

 

Yeah, Bilbul-Kin has said it's happening too, and he's a pretty trusted source. It was, as I bet was the case with 90% of PS5 players, my first proper game I played on the PS5, and even though it was a game to show off the gimmicks of the controller, I still loved it. All the nostalgic moments the game has aside, it still has this charm to it that makes it such a good game. I do need to go back and finish it up at some point. 

 

1 hour ago, Agent Edward said:

Even if Horizon 3 gets released in the PS6 gen, I'm pretty sure that it will be released early enough for it to still be released for the PS5 too.

 

This console still got plenty of awesome upcoming games after GTA6 itself, but clickbaiters be clickbaiting, saying that it's dying...

 

Barring the typical console war BS, I've not really seen anyone say the PS5 is dying? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There's various narratives about current-gen and it's games, pretty much all of them are complete bullsh*t. It's just rage bait from YouTuber's cause that's all modern YouTube is, all from people who don't play games.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Agent Edward
4 hours ago, LongHairedFreakyGuy said:

 

Yeah, Bilbul-Kin has said it's happening too, and he's a pretty trusted source. It was, as I bet was the case with 90% of PS5 players, my first proper game I played on the PS5, and even though it was a game to show off the gimmicks of the controller, I still loved it. All the nostalgic moments the game has aside, it still has this charm to it that makes it such a good game. I do need to go back and finish it up at some point. 

 

 

Barring the typical console war BS, I've not really seen anyone say the PS5 is dying? 

Jason beat me to it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Harwood Butch3r
16 hours ago, lndex said:

Here's hoping at this showcase that we might see some gameplay from Concord, Sony's live-service PvP sci-fi game. All we've had is that teaser from back in May last year, but supposedly gameplay was actually coming soon from what I read a few months ago.

It’s said to have heavy inspiration from Guardians Of The Galaxy as well.

 

The teaser trailer although it didn’t really show much gave me a good retro-futuristic vibe so I’m looking forward to see what they show.


It’s been a long time since we’ve seen a first party PlayStation FPS so I hope it turns out to be a hit for Sony and Firewalk.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guchmeister

A potential State of Play you say? That can only mean one thing, something we've all been waiting and asking for: Bloodborne Remake. It's coming, for real this time. I can see it.

 

/s

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Latest rumour is a Showcase in September, but at this point it feels like people are throwing sh*t at a wall and hoping something will eventually stick, lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Harwood Butch3r
Posted (edited)

I feel like there’s probably going to be a State Of Play in the next couple of weeks with a showcase in September and the PS5 Pro reveal along with announcements/updates regarding what Sucker Punch, Santa Monica, Guerilla etc are stoking in the fire.

 

Maybe I’m completely wrong, but that’s what it feels like to me. Or atleast what I think makes some sense.

 

We’ll just have to see.

Edited by Harwood Butch3r
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Moonshine Wagon Fan

I think there will be a Days Of Play promo coming soon.  It's usually starts in early June.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cluckin Bell CEO
1 hour ago, Harwood Butch3r said:

I feel like there’s probably going to be a State Of Play in the next couple of weeks with a showcase in September and the PS5 Pro reveal along with announcements/updates regarding what Sucker Punch, Santa Monica, Guerilla etc are stoking in the fire.

 

Maybe I’m completely wrong, but that’s what it feels like to me. Or atleast what I think makes some sense.

 

We’ll just have to see.

 

Is Sucker Punch going to announce GoT 2? Also heard Santa Monica are making an Atreus game along with a remake of the first God of War game

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

Link to comment
Share on other sites

el carlitos

Ghost of Tsushima 2 would be day one purchase for me. The first looks still beautiful. Can´t imagine how a complete CG title would look and play like.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

GoT2 is not expected to be announced this year/summer going by all the rumours. Never know though, if that Showcase in September is true maybe they pull the curtain back a little there on upcoming stuff.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

LongHairedFreakyGuy
Posted (edited)
On 5/28/2024 at 12:55 PM, el carlitos said:

Ghost of Tsushima 2 would be day one purchase for me. The first looks still beautiful. Can´t imagine how a complete CG title would look and play like.

 

Definitely with you on this one. I still go back to the first one on a weekly basis, and it's rare that I enjoy doing the side-quests and collectathons in an open world game, but the game is just beautiful to traverse through, barring the odd times when the jumping can be a pain in the ass and doesn't go where you want it to.

 

 

One for the PC Players, it seems GoW Ragnarok is the next PS title coming to PC:

 

https://x.com/billbil_kun/status/1795562998196560063

 

https://x.com/billbil_kun/status/1795562998196560063

 

(I don't know how to embed tweets ffs)

Edited by LongHairedFreakyGuy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.