3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Official PS5 Topic

Jason

Tails Prower
2 minutes ago, Turan said:

I fail to see how those two tiny dim lights would ever bother anyone. The DS4 lightbar was huge and was actually a problem for both the battery and playing in the dark. 

Ah! Now I am with you! Yes the DS4 one was indeed annoying!

Never even noticed the PS5's ones much in my use of the console so far.

• Like 1
Algonquin Assassin

Speaking of the light I definitely prefer it on the DuelSense.

With the DuelShock 4 I always found it distracting even with it dimmed right down especially when I had the  lights turn off where I play my PS4/PS5. It was too big IMO.

I like on the DuelSense how it wraps around the touchpad’s edges. I was playing Car Mechanic Simulator the other day and when I had to check the condition of the parts the light shifted from green representing the parts in good condition to red for the parts in bad condition so I don’t think it’s entirely pointless.

It all depends how developers until use it I suppose. I remember a number of games on PS4 that used the light to colour coordinate certain actions like in GTA V for example getting a wanted level and the light would flash red and blue simulating a siren which I always thought was cool.

Edited by Algonquin Assassin
Krispy2396

I have a question about transfering all save data from PS4 to PS5.

What's the difference between using Ethernet Lan cable vs USB stick 

Tails Prower
On 12/6/2020 at 6:14 PM, Krispy2396 said:

I have a question about transfering all save data from PS4 to PS5.

What's the difference between using Ethernet Lan cable vs USB stick 

Ethernet Cable is much quicker as the two consoles are directly linked but you can also do it wireless transfer if you have both consoles on the same network.

I did it that way and the process took about 10 mins, it didn't copy correctly for GT Sport though so I had to manually do that one afterwards.

Other PS5 news:from me.

I've found one little complaint about the PS5 which I hope will be addressed or Sony allow us to send some 'feedback' on the new OS.

When using the PS5 to capture video it is great that they kept the same as PS4 but one thing i have noticed is that when you are recording if the video reaching 59:59 it does not 'reset' (i.e start a new video) it just keeps recording which is fine but it would ne 'nicer' if it did like PS4 and that when you hit the full hour recording it starts a new one as this makes hard work for editing!

You can counter this by start new video button but the problem (have to check if it shows this on a publish video) is the PS5 shows a video recording counter in the top centre of the screen which obscures some information in certain games so an option to 'hide' or not have this display would be nice.

I'll add some footage to this post after my work so you can see, they are minor issues but I don't think it looks right publishing this on Youtube etc when it has recording counter always shown!

Edited by Tails Prower
Background colour issue!
  • Like 1
Krispy2396

@Tails Prowerthanks! ✌🏻🏾

I understand about your complaint. The console is still a month old. All the gamer's complaints will get fix soon and will get smooth after that. 🙂

• Like 1
Algonquin Assassin

Hard to think it’s almost been a month already since the PS5’s release. It’s whizzed by so fast.

It’s hard to find anything I dislike about it significantly. Mostly it’s just nit picky stuff like not being able to buy movies/tv shows off the store, but it seems like this isn’t really PS5 specific as it’s not possible on desktop or the app either. Maybe Sony’s moving way from this. Dunno.

As far as bugs/glitches go the only ones I’ve experienced were with Miles Morales, but they were really minor and haven’t been a problem since. I’ve somehow managed to dodge the more severe issues that have been mostly resolved now anyway.

Can’t wait for 2021 when the heavy hitters start making their mark. Lots to look flawed to.😉

• Like 1
Lonely-Martin
39 minutes ago, PicklePrick said:

Do all accounts that are currently on your PS4 transition to the PS5?

Yeah, me, my lad and daughters all transferred over no problem at all. 

• Like 2
PicklePrick
12 minutes ago, Lonely-Martin said:

Yeah, me, my lad and daughters all transferred over no problem at all. 

how did you transfer them? I haven't got the PS5 yet

• Like 1
Lonely-Martin
2 minutes ago, PicklePrick said:

how did you transfer them? I haven't got the PS5 yet

Just had to sign in with my/our PS4 accounts and we were ready to go. Any PS4 game (that we had) plays on the 5 and all I needed to do was download any games from my basket/discs and download any saves from the cloud saves I put up. It was quite natural/easy to be fair (as I am a bit of a tech-noob, lol).

• Like 2
PicklePrick

Forgive me for being an annoyance but when you access your other accounts on the PS5 does it prompt you to enter in your password? I'm asking because the account I play gta on is a different account, I can't remember the password and the email is inaccessible so I can't send a password reset link.  

• Like 1
Lonely-Martin
23 minutes ago, PicklePrick said:

Forgive me for being an annoyance but when you access your other accounts on the PS5 does it prompt you to enter in your password? I'm asking because the account I play gta on is a different account, I can't remember the password and the email is inaccessible so I can't send a password reset link.  

Oh, not annoying at all, ask away anytime.

But yeah, you'll need your password to transfer. I've not much advice as I've not had the issue myself but could you try using the forgot password for your email and then if you can get into that email, try contacting Sony for a reset of your PSN account password?

Sorry I can't offer more there I'm afraid. :)

• Like 2
PicklePrick
1 hour ago, Lonely-Martin said:

Oh, not annoying at all, ask away anytime.

But yeah, you'll need your password to transfer. I've not much advice as I've not had the issue myself but could you try using the forgot password for your email and then if you can get into that email, try contacting Sony for a reset of your PSN account password?

Sorry I can't offer more there I'm afraid. :)

I have tried contacting Sony countless times but all they ask is verification questions which I unfortunately do not have the accurate answers for as I made this email a long time so I guess there is no way for me to recover the account and that it will remain inaccessible.

It's okay, thanks for your help :)

• Like 2
Algonquin Assassin

If you have the app or whatever smartphone you have (assuming you have one) you can also scan the QR code on screen the first time you boot up your PS5 or the number code.

That’s how I done mine. I still know my password, but hey it saved a few seconds so can’t complain.😛

• Like 2
Tails Prower

So quick update on my PS5 but I am officially 'outta space'. 😥

Got message saying 'No space' yesterday when machine tried to install my Cyberpunk 2077 pre-order download for PS5 so I had to delete Bugsnax, Worms Rumble and Share Factory/Youtube to install.

Looking at the specific's it seems video size of player saved video's is larger than in comparison to the PS4 so I might have to look at lower quality resolution/image size until we can add the SSD drive or upgrade/replace the stock size

currently installed so hopefully Sony decide to allow this soon!

On my video post yesterday it seems it doesn't show the little counter on the actual video itself when played back but it's still a teens annoying when the clock is shown in the centre of the game as you play so would hope the option to hide

becomes available.

Lonely-Martin
6 hours ago, Algonquin Assassin said:

If you have the app or whatever smartphone you have (assuming you have one) you can also scan the QR code on screen the first time you boot up your PS5 or the number code.

That’s how I done mine. I still know my password, but hey it saved a few seconds so can’t complain.😛

I totally forgot about that option. Could indeed be a good plan B for @PicklePrick. Good shout. :)

• Like 2
PicklePrick
18 hours ago, Algonquin Assassin said:

would I have to be logged into that specific account when I am prompted to scan the QR code?

Edited by PicklePrick
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, el carlitos said:

Should I buy the PS5 mid 2021 or wait for the PS5 Slim Version?

It's up to you. Can you wait until 2023 or so for the Slim/Pro version to come out, or there's a game you really want to play in mid 2021 and you can't wait anymore?

Personally, I'm waiting for the Pro, unless there's some really incredible game that I want to play such as Bloodborne II, GTA VI or so

a Chuck Kojima post.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
Lonely-Martin
1 minute ago, Krispy2396 said:

@Lonely-Martin

How's gtao so far? can you play with your ps4 friends? are you not getting/experiencing game crashes even once? ✌🏼

So far, so good. We can join PS4 friends no problem and no crashes yet, although I tend to play in invite only sessions. I imagine public is a bit more mixed but the loading is much quicker overall and much less cloud time when loading in and out of missions. :)

• Like 3
Tails Prower
On 12/19/2020 at 3:17 PM, Lonely-Martin said:

So far, so good. We can join PS4 friends no problem and no crashes yet, although I tend to play in invite only sessions. I imagine public is a bit more mixed but the loading is much quicker overall and much less cloud time when loading in and out of missions. :)

Only thing, sometimes it bugs out the friends list and shows everyone as offline or Join/Send game Invites disabled but it usually corrects itself during a session.

• Like 2
Lonely-Martin
2 hours ago, Tails Prower said:

Only thing, sometimes it bugs out the friends list and shows everyone as offline or Join/Send game Invites disabled but it usually corrects itself during a session.

I've noticed that too, I think it was the last system update as all was fine before then. Can be a bit frustrating. 

• Like 1
Tails Prower
23 minutes ago, Lonely-Martin said:

I've noticed that too, I think it was the last system update as all was fine before then. Can be a bit frustrating. 

Could well be, I only noticed it for the first time on Friday but I'll see if it's a more common thing as have to do some GCTF between my profiles tonight to try and sort out garage space!

• Like 1