Higher Limits - Addon (DYOM 8.1)

Springfield

zakarum5835
4 hours ago, Huzaifa khan said:

That's just incredible. Your hard work paid off bro . 😎 Atleast my Gang war V5 hope will not fade away now.  😎👍🙌 

Springfield Respect +

I know you. You are the creator of Catastrophe 2018. Respect +

• Like 1

Huzaifa khan
8 hours ago, RyanAB said:

I know you. You are the creator of Catastrophe 2018. Respect +

Yes homie :) And I hope I will create 2019 soon. 

• Like 3

I'm having constant crashes with this. The only thing I did was play a couple of missions I made using your mod.
This looks promising though.

Springfield

I mean you can't play v8.2 missions with v8.1 ofc.

Edited by Springfield

I create a mission with 120 objects and 21 pickups and i save it but when i load the mission it shows blackscreen
im using fastman limit adjuster 

Springfield

I am pretty sure that DYOM v8.2 has nothing to do with it. Try to use Open Limit Adjuster. I don't know why it crashed for you since my plans are to leap on Fastman's Limit Adjuster because it has more access. Maybe, your mods are contradicting with the script that's why it conclude himself into a big crash. Try to use Open Limit Adjuster and remove the mods then inform me. 

Im only using Silent patch does it affect dyom v8.2 ?  

Springfield

It does not. Just use Open Limit Adjuster until I won't come up with a new limit adjuster.

Edited by Springfield

How can I change CJ's clothes? I want to use his model but I don't want him wearing underwear and sunglasses while playing the mission.

Hey @Springfield if you're planning to update dyom 8.2 could you check out if it's possible to fix the floating trains and make them useful?

On 5/14/2019 at 8:01 AM, Springfield said:

Don't worry. I will update it soon.

Also make an update where you can change CJ's clothes.

CJ was better in his default outfit, makes better appearance if the protagonist has CJ's skin

Springfield

You didn't even ask and changed the name. Nice 'old' Moderator.

• Like 5

General Scrotum

-You name your version as if it was an official version - it is not.

-You have changed the name of the topic but let's be honest - no one will care or understand what [UN] stands for. They will see DYOM 8.2 and only that.

-The name you have given to this unofficial version only confuses most people.

-People with your ''8.2'' cannot play missions made with previous official versions.

-People without your ''8.2'' cannot play missions made with your version.

-In short, it confuses and divides the playerbase.

-Once again, your topic will be renamed to avoid that confusion and whatnot.

-Once again, you are free to rename it afterwards - without the ''official'' connotation.

@General Scrotum people with 8.2 can accualy play missions made in 8.1 and older

Edited by Mikul
It's complicated
  • Like 2

I would like you to add the following things:

-Objective to follow an actor and when the actor reaches his destination to eliminate him or talk to him or other things

-Possibility of adding more than 2 animations to both the actor and the player

-Possibility of the actors having 2 weapons, example: m4 and grenade

-Possibility of having double weapons for the actors

-In the menu you can choose the clothes of cj and a goal to change clothes. (Being in shorts all the time is ridiculous)

And maybe...

Impossible: The actors and objects are stuck to a vehicle like the mission wrong side of the tracks that the bums are stuck so they do not fall

• Like 3

I'm starting to think that this "new limit" is kind of a bulls... 

I had about 60-70 vehicles placed in the mission and for some my game crashes when I'm trying to load it xD

Zach Redgrave

I think I've found a bug.

I'm designing a mission where the player needs to sneak around a multi-storey building(Specifically the place where CJ goes to steal the blueprints in Architecture Something) and in it,the player needs to pickup an M4,it shows it on the radar,when you are on a lower floor,but suddenly disappears when you reach the floor it is on and the pickup is no longer where it should causing the mission to be unplayable.I tried other ways but it still doesn't works.Help!

Edited by Zach Redgrave

LucasBruni

Radar disappears on some interiors. It's a bug that was never fixed for some reason

2 hours ago, Lucas Franco said:

Radar disappears on some interiors. It's a bug that was never fixed for some reason

just save your mission and the radar will be visible ^^

Brian Jeremy

@Springfield

you could extend the storyline limit of 24 missions to a higher limit? please

I found another evindence that this "higher limits" is a huge bullsh*t. 

In my mission I reached 100 objects. In older DYOM this would be considered as the maximum, but since I have seen that with this addon limits have been extended I blindly believed it and decided to create a mission where there would be quite many objects placed around the map. Here's what's going on: When you place the 101th object basically nothing happens. You can play the mission without any issue and it won't crash. But... When you reload DYOM, the objects marked as 101st object and above just disappear. Also they are still counted in the "object" section in an information about the mission. All in all there are no higher limits in Springfield's DYOM 8.2. They are just as the same as in the previous version. Personally I have experienced the problem about the limits with vehicles. I know a person whose mission were crashing after going above the 100th objective. That information about higher limits lead people in so big confusion

If you haven't understood what I meant here, then here's the video:

Edited by ok1wwa

Zach Redgrave
14 hours ago, Lucas Franco said:

It is not the radar that is disappearing, it's the damn pickup itself,the radar's fine.

Edited by Zach Redgrave

13 hours ago, ok1wwa said:

I found another evindence that this "higher limits" is a huge bullsh*t. 

In my mission I reached 100 objects. In older DYOM this would be considered as the maximum, but since I have seen that with this addon limits have been extended I blindly believed it and decided to create a mission where there would be quite many objects placed around the map. Here's what's going on: When you place the 101th object basically nothing happens. You can play the mission without any issue and it won't crash. But... When you reload DYOM, the objects marked as 101st object and above just disappear. Also they are still counted in the "object" section in an information about the mission. All in all there are no higher limits in Springfield's DYOM 8.2. They are just as the same as in the previous version. Personally I have experienced the problem about the limits with vehicles. I know a person whose mission were crashing after going above the 100th objective. That information about higher limits lead people in so big confusion

If you haven't understood what I meant here, then here's the video:

True. I've had the same results, and yet my feedback was totally ignored. I just don't understand why people praise this sh*t when no one actually made any working missions with 100+ objectives or such.

So, PROVE ME WRONG. Make a mission that actually goes over original DYOM limits and I will record it right away and post the vid.

I truly want this to work and happen, but if it doesn't work (as such is the case with my testing) Don't fool people around.

1 hour ago, Aflien said:

True. I've had the same results, and yet my feedback was totally ignored. I just don't understand why people praise this sh*t when no one actually made any working missions with 100+ objectives or such.

So, PROVE ME WRONG. Make a mission that actually goes over original DYOM limits and I will record it right away and post the vid.

I truly want this to work and happen, but if it doesn't work (as such is the case with my testing) Don't fool people around.

And yet I assume that both of our posts will be ignored.

LucasBruni

And the author had the audacity to announce this as some sort of "official" new version until it was corrected by the moderators. For now download this for the anims, pickups and nothing else.

He never claimed it is official. Ambiguous maybe, but saying he did is plainly speading misinformation. He tried to stretch the tool just a little bit more but it was unfortunately proven to be impossible. Critique his addon/mod, don't personally attack him.

• Like 3