Higher Limits - Addon (DYOM 8.1)

Springfield

VindiThePooh

Holy Jesus, if it really does not crash this means that one can go crazy and make like ultra-epic large scale fights 🙈🙈🙈

• Like 1

zakarum5835
29 minutes ago, VikingEVM said:

Holy Jesus, if it really does not crash this means that one can go crazy and make like ultra-epic large scale fights 🙈🙈🙈

We can do a story in a mission xd

Springfield

Missed you, brother (Jhandave) and Welcome back.

Edited by Springfield
  • Like 1

SeanAlgerian
1 hour ago, RyanAB said:

We can do a story in a mission xd

You mean a f*cking movie, so awesome.

• Like 1

Can we change Cj's clothes?

Oh and by the way is it possible to add some new features? like spook-o-meter or hiding cars from an objective etc?

i would forget!

if you can would you increase the limit of storyline missions?

zakarum5835
4 hours ago, Seth said:

You mean a f*cking movie, so awesome.

Yeah cuz 500 objective are a lot to create a full story. I would to design a full MP in a mission.

This update is every designer's dream. I'm still not fully convinced on switching however. Maybe if someone publishes something with this update and gets the ball rolling.

• Like 3

zakarum5835
58 minutes ago, Target13 said:

This update is every designer's dream. I'm still not fully convinced on switching however. Maybe if someone publishes something with this update and gets the ball rolling.

I never didn't shared a mission with this update.

Jimmy_Leppard
1 hour ago, Target13 said:

Stability is the key. Without stability (no crashes, no freezes), everything else is pointless. Someone in here said that they tried putting more than a 100 objects in a mission and that it crashed. Now, imagine if you make a mission which contains let's say 250 objectives, 180 actors, 70 cars, 25 pickups and 120 objects and when you test it, it crashes for you. Or it doesn't crash for you, but it crashes for everyone else and is unplayable.

Making a mission that long would take, what, 10 hours? And if after 10 hours of work the mission is stable only for you and nobody else or isn't playable at all… I think I would just go cry myself to sleep at that point.

I think there is a reason why Dutchy and Patrick weren't able to go past these limits for such a long time. I don't think they would stop at 100 if it was this easy. Just saying.

zakarum5835
13 minutes ago, Jimmy_Leppard said:

Stability is the key. Without stability (no crashes, no freezes), everything else is pointless. Someone in here said that they tried putting more than a 100 objects in a mission and that it crashed. Now, imagine if you make a mission which contains let's say 250 objectives, 180 actors, 70 cars, 25 pickups and 120 objects and when you test it, it crashes for you. Or it doesn't crash for you, but it crashes for everyone else and is unplayable.

Making a mission that long would take, what, 10 hours? And if after 10 hours of work the mission is stable only for you and nobody else or isn't playable at all… I think I would just go cry myself to sleep at that point.

I think there is a reason why Dutchy and Patrick weren't able to go past these limits for such a long time. I don't think they would stop at 100 if it was this easy. Just saying.

It's necessarely to do this concept? I still didn't understand...

@Jimmy_Leppard

You got a very valid point there. I’ve been saying the same thing for quite a while too. Additionally, you need 8.2 to play a mission made with 8.2, unlike all the official versions of DYOM by Dutchy3010 and PatrickW which are largely backward compatible (this is due to the new animations). Even if I downloaded this just for the sake of the new animations, the stability of the version makes it not really worth it. Repeating a point which Jimmy said: if you make a mission with 8.2 exceeding DYOM’s original limits, this will drastically decrease your audience due to two factors - either many people not having the new version, or those who have it facing stability issues. What works for someone may not work with everyone.

Springfield

Don't know what's wrong. This is working perfectly fine without any crashes. All objects etc.. are working and about Limitations, well you have been given everything to control. If you don't want to make a mission longer then simply keep the objective from the range of 0-150. If you have a clean GTA without any mods (except Limit Adjuster) then it won't crash, trust me. After all, its your choice.

Edited by Springfield
  • Like 2

Know, what? Why don't we all test it. lets have few people make super epic misssions, and few people play it and see how it goes.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Aflien said:

Know, what? Why don't we all test it. lets have few people make super epic misssions, and few people play it and see how it goes.

My point exactly.

• Like 3

SeanAlgerian

Is it possible to play V8.1 missions if we have V8.2? Or there no backward compatible?

7 minutes ago, Seth said:

Is it possible to play V8.1 missions if we have V8.2? Or there no backward compatible?

You can play 8.1 missions with 8.2, but you can’t play 8.2 missions with 8.1.

• Like 2

zakarum5835
18 minutes ago, RithRake24 said:

You can play 8.1 missions with 8.2, but you can’t play 8.2 missions with 8.1.

Nice note, i'll remember this for a lot time.

Brian Jeremy

when I try to save mission to dsl whenever I want to use the same name but if I do not add it again the last letter tells me that the file can not be written why 

try to create 103 objects and it works perfectly but sometimes black screen appears I have to restart my gta and if I use the v8.1 it works but it seems as if the last 3 objects that exceed the limit of 100 were erased that weird 

@ScorpionMan2001 

DYOM V8.1 has an object limit of 100. You can't have more than that.

DYOM V8.2 is not an official update by the original developers, and while you can exceed the original limits of V8.1, this can possibly result in crashes and black screens like you mentioned.

GTA Loyalty

This is amazing as hell! I knew you had before some problems with Dutchy trying to make like a v9. I'm so glad to see that you finally could make something like this. Great work, buddy!

Oh boy, how am I gonna dissapoint you now, SO:

I've done few test. I've was making a war type mission, put around 50 trees and I got massive crashes since, cannot even select any of the trees even from very far away without crashes.

And then I've done objectives testing. Boy, oh boy. 100 is limit. Know what happenes after u make 100 objects? Well its buggs out. I've made 111objective. when I tried playing first 11 objectives dissapeared. cannot even see them in design mode. even worse in play. you are given the task of collecting a pickup for exaple, but it doesn't spawn.

For me it seems, This isn't gonna work dude. Shame really, I was hoping for atleast 150objectives.

Springfield

Did you install the Limit Adjuster?

And also give me the link of the mission.

Edited by Springfield

I'm pretty sure i was using some kind of limit adjuster. Imma check it once again tomorrow morning and post the mission so you can try out.

• Like 2

Wait! Why do you release DYOM 8.2? You must have need Permission before. PatrickW or Dutchy3010 will he know?

Alright. I've swapped my limiter for open limit, and learn behold mission with 50 objects does not crash anymore. however. Objectives test dummy mission still has the same issue. I've uploaded the missions so you can check it out yourself.

http://dyom.gtagames.nl/show/60151

Huzaifa khan

That's just incredible. Your hard work paid off bro . 😎 Atleast my Gang war V5 hope will not fade away now.  😎👍🙌 

Springfield Respect +

• Like 4