Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. Gameplay
      2. Missions
      3. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Arena War
      2. After Hours
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA Next

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

Son of Zeus

Roman is actually a horrible character

Opinion on Roman  

40 members have voted

  1. 1. Is Roman horrible?

    • Yes, he's terrible
      1
    • No, he's a great character
      32
    • Neutral. Don't love him, don't hate him either
      7


Recommended Posts

American Venom
2 hours ago, Sonicdude said:

Personally, I actually think the game could've used a little more Roman. At least in the main story missions that is, as once you reach Algonquin Roman just kinda takes a backseat to Niko, not really appearing in anything until his wedding (or I guess his kidnapping, it's been a bit since I last played the game.) I think putting in maybe one or two missions of Roman trying to go out and have fun in the richest parts of Liberty City, only to have like, Dimitri's goons come and try to ruin things could've been pretty fun and entertaining.

This is why we have the friend hangouts¬†ūüėČ

 

I guess R* figured there wasn't any room for him during this part of the story due to the other things like the diamonds, UL Paper etc. I mean when you really think about it, it makes sense. He's getting his business back up and going and he's planning his future with Mallorie 

 

I also assume after his second kidnapping he kinda just goes into hiding for a while until things settle down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sonicdude
1 hour ago, American Venom said:

This is why we have the friend hangouts¬†ūüėČ

 

I guess R* figured there wasn't any room for him during this part of the story due to the other things like the diamonds, UL Paper etc. I mean when you really think about it, it makes sense. He's getting his business back up and going and he's planning his future with Mallorie 

 

I also assume after his second kidnapping he kinda just goes into hiding for a while until things settle down. 

True, but in friend hangouts it seems the dialogue is a bit generic. Like, it doesn't relate to the story seeing as you can theoretically trigger them at any point in the game. I guess I just would've liked to see more of Roman's thoughts on stuff like the Diamonds or like, the events of Three Leaf Clover.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Femme Fatale

I like Roman, he kinda reminds me of Jack Black.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
American Venom
2 hours ago, Femme Fatale said:

I like Roman, he kinda reminds me of Jack Black.

Image result for dante clerk 2

 

I always thought he was a good shoe in for Dante from Clerks 1 and 2.ūüėČ

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
billiejoearmstrong8
9 hours ago, Sonicdude said:

True, but in friend hangouts it seems the dialogue is a bit generic. Like, it doesn't relate to the story seeing as you can theoretically trigger them at any point in the game. I guess I just would've liked to see more of Roman's thoughts on stuff like the Diamonds or like, the events of Three Leaf Clover.

Did you know as well as friend hangouts you can call Roman after certain missions and Niko has a quick chat with him about what he's up to? Three Leaf Clover is one of them, Roman is like have you heard the news about the big bank robbery and Niko admits it was him. Also if you call him after kidnapping Gracie Niko asks him about his experience of being kidnapped. And other times he talks about decisions he's made (eg after killing Dwayne or Playboy) or who he's been working for or who he's met etc. You can even call him after your first date with each girlfriend and talk about it.

 

So they did include what you're describing (of course you have to know about it though - I'm sure there's a list of missions where you can call him afterwards somewhere). It's a small detail but does help keep him connected to Niko through the story.

 

Edit: Found a list here (doesn't include the girlfriend ones)

https://www.grandtheftwiki.com/Roman_Bellic/Phone_Calls

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Domand

Roman is like one of my favorite characters! I love that fat idiot. I enjoyed hanging out with him and his moments in the story always gave me a pretty good laugh. 

Sucks I like the Deal ending though. 

Infact this week I was playing the game after getting my wisdom teeth out and wasn’t able to do much and the second I got on he called me up for some bowling. Virtual bowling with Roman, what could be better?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sonicdude
6 hours ago, billiejoearmstrong8 said:

Did you know as well as friend hangouts you can call Roman after certain missions and Niko has a quick chat with him about what he's up to? Three Leaf Clover is one of them, Roman is like have you heard the news about the big bank robbery and Niko admits it was him. Also if you call him after kidnapping Gracie Niko asks him about his experience of being kidnapped. And other times he talks about decisions he's made (eg after killing Dwayne or Playboy) or who he's been working for or who he's met etc. You can even call him after your first date with each girlfriend and talk about it.

 

So they did include what you're describing (of course you have to know about it though - I'm sure there's a list of missions where you can call him afterwards somewhere). It's a small detail but does help keep him connected to Niko through the story.

 

Edit: Found a list here (doesn't include the girlfriend ones)

https://www.grandtheftwiki.com/Roman_Bellic/Phone_Calls

Oh, I see! I forgot you could do that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 2 Users Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.