1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
White Shark

Arguments for buying an Avenger?

White Shark

Hello all.

I own the normal MOC and the Terrorbyte, and never felt the need to get an Avenger.  However, as I'm running out of things to buy now, and with nothing new to do, I'm looking for a new toy and way to play in Free Roam.

So, to all the lovers of the Avenger, convince me to buy one.  How do you use yours?  Offensively?  Defensively?  During Free Roam missions?  

Do share!

RyuNova

I dont own one but my friend does.

Hovering above mission objectives in an invincible flying fortress and f*cking vaporising everything with a heavy cannon never gets old.

I am pondering the same tihng to be honest, I want to drop cash on an Avenger but is it worth it and on a Khanjali.

White Shark
26 minutes ago, RyuNova said:

I dont own one but my friend does.

Hovering above mission objectives in an invincible flying fortress and f*cking vaporising everything with a heavy cannon never gets old.

I am pondering the same tihng to be honest, I want to drop cash on an Avenger but is it worth it and on a Khanjali.

Hmmm... me thinks it would be fun during Head Hunter...

Foxwolfe

To be honest I didn't own one until the lester glitch, seems cool though! (admittedly I've barely touched it so far but Red Deads still got most my attention at the moment)

IceDree
Posted (edited)

How do you use yours? Offensively? Defensively?  

Neither, I use mine strictly for quick transport. Say I need to go from one side of the map to the other and I'm not close to aircraft spawn locations, enter the Avenger. It more spawn locations than the personal and pegasus aircrafts combined ... A lot more.

There was a time when I used to use it to transport crates to my warehouses, but YouTubers couldn't keep their mouths shut and just had to ruin it for us.

During Free Roam missions?

I use it for Headhunter every once and a while, I drop bombs on the targets.

Is it worth $3,450,000? Or God forbid $4,787,500?

Absolutely NOT. I picked mine 25% off & even then, I thought it was too much.

Does it bring anything new to the table?

1) Flying & VTOL capabilities.

2) You can enter the cargo hold during VIP work and Client Jobs. Say, you want change your outfit or weapon loadout during Fortified, call it in & hop inside, but don't stay too long, if you're inside and the mission is over, you won't get paid.

3) It have Autopilot. It doesn't fly by itself, but it allows you to access the cargo hold while airborne to do whatever you want inside or simply HALO/HAHO role-play.

4) Ever wondered if certain vehicles will blend? The Avenger is a flying blender if you catch my drift.

Osprey-02-june.gif

Why did you buy it?

I love airplanes and I've always been fascinated by the the Osprey and how it proved critics wrong.

Would you buy it again?

Yes, but only at a discounted trade price. Preferably 40% off.

Should I buy one?

Up to you.

___

P.S. just like the MOC & T truck, its not available outside freeroam.

✌️

Edited by IceDree

whywontyoulisten
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, IceDree said:

Neither, I use mine strictly for quick transport. Say I need to go from one side of the map to the other and I'm not close to aircraft spawn locations, enter the Avenger. It more spawn locations than the personal and pegasus aircrafts combined ... A lot more.

CEO helicopters spawn at your feet, as do the Oppressor MK2 and Deluxo.

There are a million vehicles that can do this.

How is that new? Hydra, Tula, every single helicopter.

I use mine less than I use the facility...even the mod shop is useless as it's so dark and cramped you can't see what the hell you're doing. Every other aircraft is faster, easier to fit into landing spots, and more practically/flexibly armed. As a heavy armoured gunship (with a friend), then it's brilliant for shooting up lobbies, but that's the only thing it's good for. A total white elephant.

Edited by whywontyoulisten

Taterman
2 minutes ago, whywontyoulisten said:

I've spawned helicopters and an MK2 immediately, but how do you get the Deluxo so fast?

mrgstrings

Unfortunately you cannot use it to transport I/E cars.

^ Aim or look downwards to have your cars spawn closer to you. :)

whywontyoulisten
21 minutes ago, Taterman said:

I've spawned helicopters and an MK2 immediately, but how do you get the Deluxo so fast?

MOC vehicle storage. During the short time it was king, it proved invaluable. Also you have good old "request personal vehicle" when it's your last active car. Johnny on the spot isn't that slow either.

Taterman

Thanks. I always forget about MOC storage. I have nothing in there at the moment.

White Shark
7 hours ago, IceDree said:

There was a time when I used to use it to transport crates to my warehouses, but YouTubers couldn't keep their mouths shut and just had to ruin it for us.

Is it worth $3,450,000? Or God forbid $4,787,500?

Absolutely NOT. I picked mine 25% off & even then, I thought it was too much.

2) You can enter the cargo hold during VIP work and Client Jobs. Say, you want change your outfit or weapon loadout during Fortified, call it in & hop inside, but don't stay too long, if you're inside and the mission is over, you won't get paid.

3) It have Autopilot. It doesn't fly by itself, but it allows you to access the cargo hold while airborne to do whatever you want inside or simply HALO/HAHO role-play.

4) Ever wondered if certain vehicles will blend? The Avenger is a flying blender if you catch my drift.

Osprey-02-june.gif

Why did you buy it?

I love airplanes and I've always been fascinated by the the Osprey and how it proved critics wrong.

Would you buy it again?

Yes, but only at a discounted trade price. Preferably 40% off.

Should I buy one?

Up to you.

___

P.S. just like the MOC & T truck, its not available outside freeroam.

✌️

Great post, thank you!

I'll wait for a discount. Bit annoying as I know there was one recently...

ilovefreebird

I only bought it to get rid of the notification to buy it...

It's okay, I guess.

IceDree
10 hours ago, whywontyoulisten said:

Yeah, but CEO helicopters are not as fast & can't gain altitude as quick as the Avenger.

C'mon now, the Deluxo is a turtle compared to it.

Variety is good. ;)

How is that new? Hydra, Tula, every single helicopter.

I rewrote the paragraph and forgot to remove the word "new".

Anyway, It have more spawn locations than both personal and pegasus aircrafts ... A lot more. So unless you're next to an airfield or a PA spawn location, its quicker to get the Avenger instead.

I use mine less than I use the facility...even the mod shop is useless as it's so dark and cramped you can't see what the hell you're doing.

I agree, very claustrophobic.

10 hours ago, whywontyoulisten said:

As a heavy armoured gunship (with a friend), then it's brilliant for shooting up lobbies, but that's the only thing it's good for. A total white elephant.

It can be be very useful during the Merryweather training sites' business battles in heated sessions if you're expecting unavoidable contact with other players on the way back to your club.

8 hours ago, White Shark said:

Great post, thank you!

I'll wait for a discount. Bit annoying as I know there was one recently...

My pleasure.

Yeah no rush, it gets discounted every few weeks.

Spectre "2K"

i've become fond of it again on my grind to the alien resupply mission, using it for the "quid pro quo" mission (with an APC in the back if i need to finish anything off) good for quick transporting of a weaponized vehicle, it even has a security camera in it if for some reason you need to idle on short notice and aren't near a house or business. It comes with a wardrobe and armory if you're into that kind of thing, and the top cannon can look directly straight up if you need to deal with a diving jet.

Definitely not as useful as the Terrorbyte, but if there's a discount and money in your pockets it's nice to have around every now and then

HamwithCheese

It's kinda one of those things that are nice to have. I rarely use it, but I like the fact that I own one. It takes years to get from the pilot to a gunner seat. But its a fast, heavily armored flying tank that spawns relatively close to you and some street cars can drive into it.

Have you ever jumped out of a ospry chopper with a big ass cadillac escala? Well, you can in this.

Happy Hunter

When the armour glitch isn't affecting it (for whatever reason it seems especially prone to it), it's a good explosive sniper sponge. Though they do typically try other weapons, like homing missiles and broomsticks.

It can aim up high too, so can take out jets trying to divebomb it.

FrozenDanCicle

Nothing more satisfying than driving your avenger right into and through an enemy jet.  Won't even be smoking.  You can definitely plow through 2 enemy vehicles and be just fine.  Don't remember if it will do 3.

You can engage hover, go in back and rain down destruction.  Do this over people running stand your ground or VIP search.  Bonus, if they bring you down while you are in back, you don't die, just spawn on the ground.  

If you see someone parking one overhead, leave quick or shoot it down, they bout to mess you up.

A very fun toy if you have the cheddar.

Foppezão

I always liked using is during piracy prevention or stand your ground. Hovering and using the cannons for cover. In those situations and others, it's ideal to spawn kill someone in a pretty large area. Yeah if you want to throw your money at something, buy this! Though I noticed and don't use it very often after the introduction of the mk2 broomstick, cause that target is very tiny on screen. 

There's a Transform race, Plane and Simple, where you can try it out and have the satisfaction of flying through smaller planes, all though you'll notice the armour does sometimes have this one-hit glitch Happy Hunter talked about..

Edited by Foppezão
Added stuff

MsBrandi

If you play mainly solo and just focusing on grinding or playing missions and survival without participating the carnage of free roam PvP then it is not worth it, MOC and terrorbyte is enough for the solo oriented players, the only advantage the avenger has is the self flying while we use the turret other than that it's just a flying MOC tbh, but if you like to play with friends and joining the free roam carnage then buy it! After all it's your money it's up to you comrade, if you feel like it then why not? Just buy it straight away 😁

Edited by MsBrandi

IceDree

@White Shark Привет Comrade!

Its your lucky day, the Avenger is 40% off this week.

White Shark
33 minutes ago, IceDree said:

@White Shark Привет Comrade!

Its your lucky day, the Avenger is 40% off this week.

SAWEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!

Cheers for the heads up Comrade Ice!

Today is a good day! Plus I get to finish work at 2pm today and will be buying BBQ supplies later for Saturday!

Life is sweet!

IceDree
3 minutes ago, White Shark said:

SAWEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!

Cheers for the heads up Comrade Ice!

Today is a good day! Plus I get to finish work at 2pm today and will be buying BBQ supplies later for Saturday!

Life is sweet!

Awesome! 👍

BOOGIEMAN219

I like to start executive search and have the avenger floating above the search area in the sky. People think your in the avenger and watching them blow it up is halarious. It's a good decoy.

Neemo

i got one today...purple interior!

haven't got to use it yet tho

White Shark

I've fully upgraded my armour, but I got destroyed by a single homing missile from a ground target. Is this normal? I thought this thing could take multiple explosives? Mine is like paper!

On 4/16/2019 at 5:23 AM, Happy Hunter said:

When the armour glitch isn't affecting it (for whatever reason it seems especially prone to it), it's a good explosive sniper sponge. Though they do typically try other weapons, like homing missiles and broomsticks.

It can aim up high too, so can take out jets trying to divebomb it.

Just noticed this post!

I've experienced the amour glitch twice now! Blown up in a single homing launcher missile. How can you avoid it?! 

Edited by White Shark

Happy Hunter
5 hours ago, White Shark said:

I've fully upgraded my armour, but I got destroyed by a single homing missile from a ground target. Is this normal? I thought this thing could take multiple explosives? Mine is like paper!

Just noticed this post!

I've experienced the amour glitch twice now! Blown up in a single homing launcher missile. How can you avoid it?! 

When it works properly, it's very strong. Way stronger than any other aircraft. But unfortunately the armour glitch is common with it for whatever reason. You can get that on all aircraft, Hunters blowing up from a single explosive sniper round, etc. But it feels like it happens more often with this.

White Shark
Just now, Happy Hunter said:

When it works properly, it's very strong. Way stronger than any other aircraft. But unfortunately the armour glitch is common with it for whatever reason. You can get that on all aircraft, Hunters blowing up from a single explosive sniper round, etc. But it feels like it happens more often with this.

Dang. 

I can't recall it ever happening to my other aircraft.  Another annoying glitch to add to the list :(  Not happy I got blown up twice with a single missile.

Thanks HH.

Rez090

The Avenger is a good alternative to the Hunter if you need a hovering bomb dropper. I don't remember if the Akula drops too or not.

Taterman
7 hours ago, Rez090 said:

The Avenger is a good alternative to the Hunter if you need a hovering bomb dropper. I don't remember if the Akula drops too or not.

The Akula does have the same bombs.

Bought an Avenger tonight, haven't flown it around much yet but will try it out on a few contact missions this week with a friend or two. Tonight I tried out the autopilot and let it hover, than landed on the tail with the OP2 and sniped a few npc's.

RyuNova

This might be Wishlist territory so I apologise but I would personally have liked the ability to spawn in to the game inside the MOC and Avenger.

Just have a set of "random" spawn points like the Yacht does around the map and when you load in your are in the hold of either vehicle with the ability to jump right into the driver seat.