2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus or tools. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
computertech82

What is the best business to have?

computertech82

What is the best business to have? And what it would take to get it up and running (money and vehicles needed). I'm NOT into the forced player vs cheating thing some of these things do, But I do manage to get on a session with no one on there most of the time. Hopefully not too much running around all day just to keep up, instead as little as possible. Most days I only get an hour to 1 1/2 hours of play time. So it has to be solo (bad luck finding friend and/or a active crew). So MC seems to be NOT a choice.

Example Bunker seems to be a maybe? Like what it takes to buy one (is ceo required or not?) and do I also need certain vehicles to make the runs (not owning any other property except garage/apt?) How much time I have to spend. Any advice would be very helpful.

Rafae S

vehicle cargo and a bunker should be your first two priorities.

you need an office for both (1m w/no upgrades) and a vehicle warehouse and the bunker itself for the product you'll be moving.

Cheapest vehicle warehouse'll set you back 1.5m (la mesa) while the bunker has a variety of good locations ranging from 1.5 - 2.5m. Upgrades'll set you back another 1.5/2m or so.

I'd recommend you go with vehicle cargo first and make a profit off of that before buying the bunker. There's a special method too for sourcing and selling only high end cars (80k per sale). You just have to manually source 10 different mid range and standard cars (don't go over) and then every car you source after that will be a high end up to a maximum of 12 cars, so basically you don't want to have your warehouse more than 80% full (32/40 cars).

Edited by Rafae S

Mach1bud

I agree with every word Rafae just said. 

I also only get to play 1-2 hours a day, and pretty much exclusively run I/E and the Bunker. Easy money with decently fun missions.

He covered the Vehicle Warehouse method. The Bunker also has a simple method to make it easy that I and I know others use.

1. Buy the supplies.

2. Wait for the supplies to be completely made into product. (It will say $140k).

3. Do the long range sale (will sell for like $220k in an empty session)

4. Repeat. 

Easy peasy. If you try to steal supplies it takes a lot longer. If you try to sell more than $140k, then you risk accidentally selling too much and having a multiple vehicle sale (in other words, hard to do solo). 

So just buy once, sell it, then buy again, rinse and repeat.

computertech82

If I try the vehicle warehouse, and office, How much for both? (2.5 million?) And how much time does it take to get up the cars? Then keeping it up?

And a question of the bunker, waiting for supplies to be made, how long does it take for it?

The one thing I really hate is the forced player vs cheater ceo, where you're not allowed to use 'enable passive". 

Edited by computertech82

Rafae S
9 minutes ago, computertech82 said:

If I try the vehicle warehouse, and office, How much for both? (2.5 million?) And how much time does it take to get up the cars? Then keeping it up?

And a question of the bunker, waiting for supplies to be made, how long does it take for it?

The one thing I really hate is the forced player vs cheater ceo, where you're not allowed to use 'enable passive". 

yep, 2.5m. you can buy upgrades for the office later when you have more cash, they won't really make a difference for initial profit potential. each source mission takes around 5-10 minutes so it'll take you some time but it'll more than pay for itself in the long run.

for the bunker, one full bar of supplies takes 2hrs 20 mins to be fully used after buying all three upgrades, up to a max of five times. what you want to do is sell immediately after it's used up once so you get one vehicle to sell with (multiple vehicles are usually hard to solo w/ bunker sales).

yeah you can't be passive at all while doing anything in free roam that involves combat.

Edited by Rafae S

computertech82

If it takes over 2 hours, if i'm offline what happens then? Or does it only count the 2h20m when i'm online?

Rafae S
Just now, computertech82 said:

If it takes over 2 hours, if i'm offline what happens then? Or does it only count the 2h20m when i'm online?

gotta be online

ten-a-penny
11 hours ago, Rafae S said:

gotta be online

Which is annoying and a good thing tbh. Last thing you want is having your stock goes way too high, making it very difficult (if not impossible)  to Sell solo.

OT: If you're going w/ Bunkers (or really anything, they all count), trying doing the Private Public Session trick. Set your MTU to somewhere around 800 (800 itself works flawlessly for me), this way nearly every single session you join will be empty. No one can bother you now, it's like playing in an I/O session. Ofc, loading screens will be longer now.

Rafae S
15 minutes ago, ten-a-penny said:

Which is annoying and a good thing tbh. Last thing you want is having your stock goes way too high, making it very difficult (if not impossible) to Sell solo.

if you buy supplies for 75k when your bunker is empty, it'll still be one vehicle used to sell after it's all used up (takes 2hrs 20 mins). even if you come back later than that it'll still max out at 140k if you don't resupply or buy supplies again.

Edited by Rafae S

ten-a-penny
1 minute ago, Rafae S said:

not really

if you buy supplies for 75k when your bunker is empty, it'll still be one vehicle used to sell after it's all used up (takes 2hrs 20 mins). even if you come back later than that it'll still max out at 140k if you don't resupply or buy supplies again.

1. That's something I didn't knew, thanks. The trick to keep the value @ 140K, I mean. Now I have a new grinding method. :evilgrin:

2. I'm talking about the "stuff are still getting made even if you're not online" question. Someone asked if your Stock value continues to progress even if you're not online or you have to be online for it to rise. Someone else said nope, you need to be online. I merely said that it can be a good thing, because if you buy new Stock often, chances are you'd end up getting MORE than 175K which could be troubling.

whywontyoulisten
51 minutes ago, ten-a-penny said:

1. That's something I didn't knew, thanks. The trick to keep the value @ 140K, I mean. Now I have a new grinding method. :evilgrin:

2. I'm talking about the "stuff are still getting made even if you're not online" question. Someone asked if your Stock value continues to progress even if you're not online or you have to be online for it to rise. Someone else said nope, you need to be online. I merely said that it can be a good thing, because if you buy new Stock often, chances are you'd end up getting MORE than 175K which could be troubling.

No, because your bought supplies will run out at $140k. It won't make any more product with zero supplies.

ten-a-penny

^ Like I said, that's something that I didn't knew before I posted. Besides, there are people like me who likes to buy supplies every once in a while (before it gets depleted), so it won't "cap" at 140K (because several purchases), that's what I meant.

computertech82

Wow. Getting some good info here. thanks! Let's go back to the ceo and car warehouse. After I basically get it fairly filled up, 32 out of 40 cars, How many cars can I keep stealing and selling for an hour lets say.

Mach1bud
1 hour ago, computertech82 said:

Wow. Getting some good info here. thanks! Let's go back to the ceo and car warehouse. After I basically get it fairly filled up, 32 out of 40 cars, How many cars can I keep stealing and selling for an hour lets say.

You can steal as often as you wish until the warehouse is full. There is only like a 2 min cool down between steal missions.

Selling has a 20 min cool down after selling one vehicle. So realistically you can sell two cars per hour solo. 

You can however, sell up to 4 cars at once if you have 3 more people helping you. In this case the cool down time stacks depending on how many cars you sell. Sell 4 cars at once and you have to wait 80 minutes to sell anymore. 

Rafae S

^ 50 minutes, not 80.

it goes up by 10 after each successive car beyond the first. 20 min cooldown for one car, 30 for two, 40 for three, 50 for four.

ten-a-penny

On the same topic: I already have a Bunker and a Hangar (for the sole purpose of owning and modifying planes rest assured). What's my next investment? CEO Office or MC Clubhouse? I'm defo gonna get both sometime later, but which should I get now? I have 1,5Mil if that matters.

Also, are the Sales for both function the same as the Bunker Sales (if your stock exceeds a certain amount you'll get more things to deliver making it hard to do solo)? Was going to create a thread similar to this one but finding this made me be like "eh a place is a place".

Rafae S
3 minutes ago, ten-a-penny said:

On the same topic: I already have a Bunker and a Hangar (for the sole purpose of owning and modifying planes rest assured). What's my next investment? CEO Office or MC Clubhouse? I'm defo gonna get both sometime later, but which should I get now? I have 1,5Mil if that matters.

Also, are the Sales for both function the same as the Bunker Sales (if your stock exceeds a certain amount you'll get more things to deliver making it har0d to do solo)? Was going to create a thread similar to this one but finding this made me be like "eh a place is a place".

office obviously. 1m easy. use the bunker and vip work to grind out 1 more mil and then buy the cheapest vehicle warehouse for 1.5m at la mesa. from there on you're set.

vehicle cargo sales are even easier than bunker sales. one high end car every 20 mins for 80k pure profit. ✌

Edited by Rafae S

Bald Keewee
3 minutes ago, Rafae S said:

office obviously. 1m easy. use the bunker and vip work to grind out 1 more mil and then buy the cheapest vehicle warehouse for 1.5m at la mesa. from there on you're set.

To add to this also: Keep going with these methods, then when you have the money available go and buy yourself a nightclub. It wont take long before you cover your costs with the product slowly accumulating and eventually you will get to the point where the following happens:

You login and buy bunker supplies

You sell Bunker when ready

You go to nightclub and sell the product from there which easily covers the cost of bunker supplies

Congratulations, you never have to grind cash again and can do whatever you want in the game.

Once the above happened I gave up I/E work and Special crates and just started enjoying helping others with missions etc. If I need money, I spend a day AFK while bunker and NC fill up and then sell them both. Walk away with $1.5 mil for roughly 30 mins of actually playing

computertech82

20 minutes per car sales seems to suck pretty bad. Dispatch mission can get you 15 to 20k for every 5 minutes.

Rafae S
44 minutes ago, computertech82 said:

20 minutes per car sales seems to suck pretty bad. Dispatch mission can get you 15 to 20k for every 5 minutes.

you can't solo them though and besides, 20k every five minutes is 80k after 20 minutes, just like the i/e sales except you can solo them with ease.

Mach1bud
17 hours ago, Rafae S said:

you can't solo them though and besides, 20k every five minutes is 80k after 20 minutes, just like the i/e sales except you can solo them with ease.

Plus I think I/E is more fun. Get to customize and drive different cars. Seamless, no lobbies or anything.